Chapter 1

The Boy

She had been aware of her ability to control mind since she was 12. She was barely aware of it when she accidentally controlled her mom's mind into buying her one of the newest dress in the shop. Until so many attempts she had done with the ability, she became aware of it and controlled by it till now.

No one knew about this ability of hers, even her parents never knew it. The ability had made a great impact in her life, such as changing their thoughts, making lies and so on. She knew, those were not the nicest things to do, but she had felt more energized since then.

One day, on her way back home, she went to a new cafe near her school area. The cafe’s name was pull-ins, which really fascinated her. The doorbell jingled as she entered. Fortunately, The cafe seemed vacant at the moment. The other worker was busy wiping some utensils, except one boy who smiled behind the counter.

"Good Afternoon. Welcome to Starburst. What would you like to order?" He greeted with a smile planted on his angelic face. His smile was rather contagious that she couldn't help but smiling back to him.

"Good Afternoon. I would like to order one hot cappuccino, please." Her eyes then traveled around the menu on the table.

"Would you like to have anything else to accompany your drink?”

She looked up from the menu at the boy whom ,she just noticed, had a gorgeous doe eyes looked alike. "No, thank you. That would be all for me."

He looked at the screen and said the bill amount "Your total comes to $7, miss."

When he already looked at her straight in the eyes, she entered his mind, grasped at his thoughts, slid them into place and sent a signal to his mind.

You saw the money that I had paid for the bill.

Her fingers tucked a stray of hair behind her ears and a fake smile plastered on her face. She looked at him whom tapping his fingers on the table.

Until his next words broke her smile.

"Miss? The bill comes to $7" His other eyebrow went up. He looked a little annoyed and a bit irrritated.

She got baffled that he didn't seem to get affected. Yesterday her ability worked just fine on the first try, but now it didn’t work on him. Taking a breath, she tried to pull harder at his mind again and crept her way in.

I already gave you the money.

Encountering a resistance from his mind, she stopped the action. Her head turned dizzy slightly. She looked at him, shocked.

What the heck is wrong with his mind!

She immediately took her money inside her pocket and gave him the money right away. "Oh I'm sorry. Here's the money."

He stared her down and then put the money inside the cash register "It's okay. You can sit while I make your order."

She took a moment to stare at him and walked to a chair next to the window. "That's strange."

She didn't get the idea why he could block her ability. When the order was ready, she took a last glance at him and leave the cafe.

"Who's he?"