Chapter 10

The Binding Angel

CHAPTER 10

Hyunbin sat on the sofa with his eyes following the steps Yejin's had taken. She put the new clothes on Nana and now was patting Nana's chest lightly to make her turned into a deep sleep. Nana's condition was much better and can go home after 24 hours.

His heart suddenly twitched from the plan he wanted to utter. His heartbeat fast knowing that this time would come. The time they should be apart from each other.

For long his stares were stuck on her with tons of thought. He took a sip of mineral water from the table, realizing that his nervousness overcomes his thought.

"Daepyo-nim..." Yejin's voice made him turned his head above.

"Do you want a warm coffee, I want to go outside for a drink..." Yejin asked him softly. Her crescent eye smile turned his face into a daze.

"OH..uh.." he hummed agreeing with her. She left him again into deep thought. He didn't know how to start the conversation between them. On other hand, he still didn't want to separate from her. The times she was coming into his life turned his life better. He was too much into her.

The last words that she didn't want separate from Nana twitching his heart. He didn't know how to do it. If he was being egoistic, she would give up on her dream again to be a writer. On the other, if he wasn't, Nana and also him were going to lose the place they could put their back on it to comfort them.

He lost his thought didnt even realizing, that Yejin had sat beside him with a warm coffee in front of him. She took a sip of chocolate on her grab. Hyunbin saw all the scenes with a warm heart.

"Yejin-ssi.." Hyunbin started the conversation.

"Ne, daepyo-nim.," Yejin replied him blinking her eyes. Hyunbin took a sip of coffee in front of him, trying to decrease his nervousness.

"I am going to Japan, 3 weeks ahead. You know that Lee Munyeong and I are going to expand our company. I am as the vice and the young one would represent for Japan while Lee Munyeong daepyo-nim handled things in Korea. And it is not for a short time, looked like I should move to Japan." He gulped his coffee once again.

"Of course I should bring Nana with me.." he stated slowly as he wasn't ready enough to separate with her.

"Daepyo-nim..." Yejin blinked her eyes uneasy, didn't know how to react.

"I didn't know what to say about this. But, we should separate this way.." he chuckled as sipping his coffee to show that he was alright, even though it wasn't at all.

"Daepyo-nim..I.." Yejin tried to burst out her thought, but suffocate herself about the news.

"I heard that you are given a time for 2 weeks with Lee Munjeong to go for Jeju.." Hyunbin stopped by his own words. "I am sorry I just heard it that day when your friend was coming..." he clasped his hands nervously to depress his thought. Yejin was in silence tried to understand the unexpected news from him. They were drawn into their deep thought again.

"Daepyo-nim...I am sorry... I couldn't understand what you're saying.." Yejin's tears started to wet her eyes which she didn't know the reason. "I am sorry...I don't know why these tears are coming.." Yejin wiped away her tears and put the paper cup on the table. She didn't know when the feeling appeared, but she felt sudden remorse in her heart. She couldn't handle time, place, and condition. However, this moment broke her heart.

"I read your diary... You dream that you're holding for long to be a writer... it is your only chance to be the one under Lee Munjeong.." Hyunbin grabbed her hand tightly and gave her a faintly smile to convince her that he would be fine. Yejin was surprised by his thought. The fact that he put her beyond anything touched her.

"Daepyo-nim... I am sorry that I go too far ..but.." Yejin's words were cut by his lips. Slowly, he deepened his lips towards her softly, reassuring her. He didn't feel right but it was also her only chance. He couldn't let her give up on her dream again. He thought that he could stand again by himself and raised Nana well without giving her a burden. Hyunbin unlocked their lips and felt the remaining warm feeling. He opened his eyes slowly and gave her a faintly smile.

"Can I be egoistic? have the last order, just for me.. Can I?" He asked her gingerly. Yejin was drawn deep into his eyes and slowly nodded her head.

"Date with me just for a day.." he smiled full of hope.

*****((()))*****

Seonhwa sat on the bed with her messy appearance. The latest incident and the fact that Jaehyuk had a daughter flipped her life. She didn't know what kind of feeling she felt was for. The guilt of making Hyunbin's daughter harm or the fact that the daughter was her husband's. The feeling was blurred and she didn't know what to do. She convinced herself that she still loved Hyunbin and Jaehyuk was for business. However, the fact that Jaehyuk was sure about his daughter also hit her hard.

"Where do you want to go?" Seonhwa said with her puffy, red eyes and black bag under her eyes. Jaehyuk stopped looking in the mirror and faced Seonhwa.

"I want to end my relationship with Hyunmi and also Nana.." Jaehyuk approached her with a faintly smile. He rubbed her hair slowly to reassure her. Seonhwa narrowed her eyes pulling out her anger.

"End your relation? Again? What are about those buckets?", she flinched.

"Please, believe me..! I will end my relationship with her and my daughter today.." Jaehyuk said seriously. Seonhwa suddenly put a sly smile.

"Don't worry! Just keep your relation well with her. You have a daughter with her...It's impolite if you leave her again.." Seonhwa burst her thought nonchalantly.

"Seonhwa.." Jaehyuk held his anger toward her. He glared at her 'no problems' face toward him.

"Why..?" She replied casually.

"I am serious for what I've said.." he glared at her before leaving.

*****((()))*****

Other times in a hospital...

He wiped out her hand with a wet warm towel to clean her up. Her body was weakened after a long time of treatment. Her weak hand seeks for a grab on him. The way she grabbed turned out his focus on her.

"Son..." she said almost whispering.

"Ne.. eomonim.." he put his ear closer to her lips.

"You look very tired." her hand caressed his cheek lightly.

"I am fine, Eomonim..." he replied grabbing her hand on his cheek tightly.

"Son, can you fulfill my request?" she asked weakly. "I saw my husband in my dreams these days. I don't know what is the meaning? I scare that I should leave Yejin soon." she sighed with her difficult breath.

"Eomonim... why are you saying like that..?" the man furrowed his eyebrow worrying her.

"Please, son, take care of my Yejin.," she said straightforwardly.

" Eomonim..." he didn't know how to answer.

"Please Son, She would gladly accept you.." she gulped her dried throat.

"Eomonim..." he exhaled his breath hardly. He laid his eyes on her weak body with tears. "I will try eomonim.," he said desperately.

*****((()))*****

Yejin with her floral dress was left dumbfounded when they were all alone. The two of them just Hyunbin and Yejin without Nana. It would be very awkward for them just to go alone. They were with Nana before and she got to hand her to the man named Jaehyuk right after opening the apartment's door. There she walked alone with her questioned mind toward her CEO who walked beside her slowly.

"Jaehyuk is her real father.," he stated knowing what was inside her mind.

"Oh... I see.." she replied in a low voice. She kept looking on the streets didn't know how to do it toward him. It wasn't their first time going to an amusement park, but it was their first time to be alone together.

"Seems like I am going rush on dating you. You must be uncomfortable..," he smiled awkwardly seeing her unusual gestures after they were left by Nana.

Yejin took a look at the CEO's body who was going far away in front of her. Realizing that she might do make him upset, she took a deep thought. She shouldn't act like that for their last time. Yejin grabbed his handfast that turned his body into her giving a questioned look. She kissed his cheek of a sudden.

"Ehm...Let's take a look together.," she said those words awkwardly and pulled him to lead the way. Hyunbin who was speechless with her action sighed feeling the happiness and started taking a charge by intertwining their fingers tightly. He put on a large smile and took her closer leading their way for their first date. The feeling was somewhat familiar and made Yejin's heartbeat even louder beside him.

They walked together with their faces blushing hard. They roamed the amusement park happily like lovers. They reached for ice creams and hands kept on intertwining. They swayed their hands like teenagers and teased each other like lovers usually did.

Yejin dragged him to the nearest headband store which provides cute headbands. Inner feeling on her that always think of Nana, She tried to match one by one the animal's headband on her head and picked up styles that must be fitted with Nana. Hyunbin mesmerized her and awkwardly followed her trying some of the headbands. He looked at the mirror shyly behind her wearing one of the cutest rabbit's ears headband. Yejin burst her laugh seeing Hyunbin's face behind her that turned blushing red in the mirror. The way Yejin smile also made him tugged his lips into a smile.

Hyunbin dragged Yejin into the nearest hit the target and tried the game. He wanted to give her the biggest gift in the stall. He shoots the target recklessly and didn't have some. Yejin kept clapping her hands giving support when he failed on shooting. Hyunbin took a look at her face feeling ashamed and put some coins to do the game again. Hyunbin kept shooting the target without noticing everyone around him. Yejin who was getting bored tried to grab his hand and shook her head. She wanted to try another game in the amusement park, other than wasting their time on those games. Finally, the last shoot he got a small keychain with a love sign, the lowest grade gift that was offered. Yejin put on a big smile admiring the gift that her CEO was given while a shy Hyunbin scratching his not so itchy nape.

Seeing the shy Hyunbin, she dragged him to the nearest PhotoBox. She put coins and entered the small room and quickly pressed the buttons to start the photo session. The first photo was taken awkwardly for Hyunbin and happy Yejin. Yejin's happiness called Hyunbin to look at her cheerful action and started following her. He grabbed her waist to get closer to him and posed happily. Yejin was surprised by his action and turned her head around him. He looked so happy at that time. His expression was much free, which was the first time she had seen. The face that somehow attracted her these times. The dimples invited Yejin to kiss his cheek while the photo's machine caught that.

Hyunbin turned around his head, surprised by her move. He looked at embarrassed Yejin who was blinking her eyes with her flushed red face looking at the ground.

"This is a date right, daepyo-nim.," she said without looking at his eyes. Hyunbin chuckled in a silent. He didn't imagine that she would do that. Hyunbin's hand grabbed her cheek to face him and kissed her lips deeply which made her eyes widened up and the whole scene was captured by the photo machine.

After tired of roaming the amusement park, they sat on the bench with drinks in the middle. Yejin looked at the photos they took in the PhotoBox avoiding his gaze. Hyunbin took his drink and took a sip with a graceful heart after a good time he spent with her. He peeked at her busy hands which were picking the photos one by one meticulously.

"You can take that photo seems like you like that act the most..", he when the photos of they were kissing were shown which embarrassed her the most.

"Daepyo-nim.. please.." she said with her low voice still looking at the photos. Suddenly, she handed him a photo that was taken while she kissed his cheek. Hyunbin smiled goofily and put it in his pocket. They were silent after embarrassing each other the whole time in the amusement park. Yejin took a drink beside her and drink it in silence.

Hyunbin's eyes suddenly caught a stranger taking a photo of them on the busses. He had known the stranger since they started entering the amusement park. However, he thought that it was just a stranger who was roaming the amusement park-like others.

"Yejin-ssi, I am going to the restroom.. wait here.." his eyes were being cautious toward the stranger and silently leaving Yejin with normal poses.

*****((()))*****

The man with black attire from top to toe caught his attention since they came to the amusement park. Hyunbin walked not making any sound to the man who was still busy took a picture of Yejin. Hyunbin dragged him from his hidden place which brought the commotion in the amusement park. Hyunbin grabbed the camera the man was brought still locked him with his arms choked his neck.

With one hand, he scrolled for the pictures he was taken before. There were the pictures of Yejin and him, not only for that day but the other days. Hyunbin glared at the man who was struggling with breathing and reaching for his camera again.

"Who is ordering you?" Hyunbin said with his deep voice. Suddenly, a loud sound of a bike coming closer. There his focus distracted and the man took his camera again easily. The man ran to the bike and took a seat behind. Yejin who was worrying him ran to Hyunbin at the same time.

The bike suddenly makes a U-turn which made Hyunbin ran as fast as enough when the bike rode start to aim at Yejin. Right before the bike crashed her, Hyunbin grabbed her hand fast and brought her into his embrace, and the bike crashed his back and went away.

Hyunbin lost his balance and hug Yejin before his back crashed into the ground. He flinched a bit feeling the pain on his left shoulder that was used to keep his body balance.

"Are you okay?" he asked the one on his embrace with his cracked voice.

"Daepyo-nim.." Yejin voice trembled to see his painful face holding the pain.

*****((()))*****

Jung Jaehyuk sat beside her for the first time. He looked awkward seeing his daughter for the first time who was busy with her doll. They sat on the seat on the kid zone in the mall. There were found kind of games for children. They were still awkward for their first time.

"Nana-ya....are you liking barbie so much?" Jaehyuk started the conversation awkwardly.

"Cindy.." Nana pointed her finger at the doll she brought.

"Her name is Cindy? Nana named it with Cindy?" Jaehyuk tried hard to get her interest.

"No... Eomma with Nana gives the name...." Nana looked straight into his eyes. Finally, he got to see her daughter face fully. Her full rounded eyes and thin lips which resembled her mother so much. She also got his pointed nose and thick brow. The appearance itself gave him a twitch on his heart. How come for these years he passed it. He smiled lightly.

"Eomma?" he asked her carefully knowing that he just got to see her mother in the ash house days ago.

"Where are appa and eomma?" she asked him innocently, knowing that she was left by Yejin and Hyunbin. Jaehyuk finally understands what was Nana thinking about. The woman he met in the hospital and a moment ago, must be the eomma she called so far.

"Appa and Eomma go far away and will be back at the night. Uncle is Appa's friend and he asked uncle to bring you.." he smiled faking the reason.

Jaehyuk begged him to go out with his only daughter. He got punched and got all the anger Hyunbin had held for long times before he got his permission to bring Nana's out for a day. Jaehyuk had known that Hyunbin was the one who raised his only daughter since she was born by himself. Jaehyuk knew that Hyunbin wasn't the real father, but he deserved to be called with appa other than him who wanted his daughter to die. He didn't deserve to be called with father. He wasn't brave enough to make himself to be called with father. Jaehyuk was satisfied enough that his daughter called him with uncle instead.

"Nana-ya, do you want to play there.. in the balls pool?" Jaehyuk said happily reaching her level. Nana looked at him innocently and rubbed her doll again.

"Uncle...I want to pee.." Nana said with her uneasy face and shaking body. Jaehyuk who was the first-timer didn't know how to react to this situation. He hugged Nana fast and brought the bag the woman that came with Hyunbin had prepared to the nearest restroom.

*****((()))*****

Yejin helped him putting on the patch on his left shoulder which was sprained when they were in the amusement park. Hyunbin closed his shirt slowly holding back his pain while Yejin closed the first aid box slowly and wanted to put the aid kit back when his hand grabbed her hand to go back on her seat again.

"Please, we shouldn't waste our time.. it is just for a day.." he smiled lightly at her. Yejin obediently took a seat again ignoring the aid kit box.

"If your dream became a writer were pursued, what will you do?" he asked her gingerly, remembering the diary that he had read.

"Uh.." Yejin was shocked at his unexpected words. Suddenly, she remembered her promise to her Oppa. Oppa that always protected her when she was in Junior High School. The one who always was standing in the front against the bulliers. The bulliers that always made a joke of her mother who was being a single parent and often misinterpreted as a seducer. It brought back her memory. Her heart was twitching hard. She didn't know how to choose. She was still longing for her Oppa, but there she was with someone that also almost get her heart. Suddenly, tears fell from her eyes.

Hyunbin saw the whole view feeling something wrong in his heart.

"I want to have a family.." Yejin said weakly to him avoiding his glance.

"Ah... that oppa.," Hyunbin stated casually without any burden looking at her.

"Daepyo-nim.." Yejin wiped her tears slowly, knowing the fact that he had known everything. Hyunbin put a slight smile on his face and looked straight at her.

"If, your Oppa weren't coming, what will you do?" he said with his unreadable expression.

"Daepyo-nim..." she startled with his blunt words.

"Hyunbin... I want to hear you calling me with that name" he said reminding the moment he told his feeling for the first time.

"Daepyo-nim.," she mumbled in a low voice sobbing.

"I am still having time with you ..but you still can't call me by my name.." Hyunbin laughed slowly hiding his expression. Yejin's hand suddenly grabbed his face facing her and kissed his lips deeply, giving slight reassurance to him. She his lips slowly which made him widening his eyes. He froze letting her did what she wants.

Yejin unlocked her lips slowly with her shattered heart, didn't know what way she should choose.

Bravely, she looked straight into his deep eyes. Yejin was confused about her feeling. It seemed that she was standing at an intersection. She didn't know how to answer. She didn't know how to react. She didn't know which one she wants to hold. She looked like playing with two hearts, but she didn't know how to explain that as two hearts when the one wasn't with her. She wanted to start a new life, but she was still tightly held by the past. They were looking at each other with an unreadable expression.

"We are still dating, right. Daepyo-nim.," she asked him gingerly with her tears wetting her face.

Hyunbin wiped her tears with his thumb and giving a slight smile.

"Told you. I will always wait for you until you willingly call me with my name," he said giving reassurance. He grabbed her cheek slowly and captured her lips slowly. He closed his eyes deepening the kiss. He felt her hand hang around his neck tightly and brought her body closer to him. Yejin replied his kiss softly and started playing with his lips following his pace. The sweet kiss between them who were confessing their untold feelings, deepening as time goes by.

Yejin's hand traveled down into his broad shoulder seeking balance from the kiss that turned harsh. Yejin followed his play hastily until she was thrown into the sofa and Hyunbin above her still playing with her lips.

Hyunbin went wild feeling that Yejin replied to his kisses without hesitation like she used to do. He traveled his lips all over her face and down to her neck and shoulder. Hyunbin's hand also pulled her dress exposing her bare shoulder and it lightly.

Feeling the hotness from his breath on her neck and shoulder, Yejin grabbed his collar tightly and let out a small moan. His wet tongue touched her bare shoulder roaming every inch of it.

Yejin's phone on the table was ringing loudly but they still doing their stuff not being disturbed. Their last time should be done in a limited time, deepened their play. Yejin grabbed his neck tightly and her trembled body giving up under him. She let out his tongue take a charge on , giving up her feeling. Feeling that started growing on her and making her doubt her feeling frequently. She didn't know what to do. But, one thing she should do was letting the CEO know her feeling before they were apart. It was their first and might be the last for them together.

The phone kept ringing until she realized it must be an important call after several attempts of the caller. Yejin stopped responding and took a look at the table.

"Daepyo-nim.." her words stopped him fully from his unstoppable moves. Yejin pulled away Hyunbin's body slowly. He woke up from her after that. He buttoned up his shirt and fixed his messy hair slowly. He managed his breath hardly the same with Yejin who was fixing her dress and managing her breath before picking up the phone.

"Hello... Nurse Yang.." Yejin answered the phone after her breathing came to normal.

-to be continued-

Author’s note:

Thank you for reading and supporting ^^

Kindly check my other stories Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^