eight

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who's that?" Mark's voice brought back Haechan from his little trip of deep thinking to real life. "I don't know." Haechan didn't intend to be so discrete but his voice came out as a whisper. Mark's arm reached for the phone to grab it from Haechan's hand. He tried to call the number, it didn't even ring once as he was directed to the voice mail. "Haechan," Mark called spinning his friend around. Haechan was swimming in his own pool of thoughts eyes looking unfocused. "You're not hiding anything from me, right?" Mark asked, eyebrows lifted and eyes full of concern. "You have to trust me when I say I'm not, Mark," Haechan said looking hurtful for a second. "I do, I do trust you! I'm just making sure." Mark said caressing the boy's bouncy hair.

"Do you think it's him?" Haechan asked taking his phone back from Mark's grip unlocking it to stare at the message again. "Do you think he would go this far?" Mark asked looking down at the words on the screen that suddenly turned their joyful morning into a gloomy one. "I mean he got kicked out of school right before finals, wouldn't blame him for not forgiving me," Haechan said locking his phone shoving it back into his pocket. "It's not like we didn't anything better to do so we decided to pick on him, Hyuck," Mark said placing his hands on his friend's shoulder. "He started it after all!" Mark shrugged and Haechan closed his eyes sighing. He then nodded and shifted his body forward. "Let's forget about it," Haechan said making his way to the bathroom followed closely by Mark.

They spent the afternoon going through their chapters, unit by unit until a loud yawn escaped Mark's lips. "Wanna take a break?" Haechan asked closing his notebook making sure to keep his pencil on the last page they were going through. "Can we nap?" Mark asked throwing his head on the back of the chair, eyes half-closed. Haechan stretched his arms standing up dropping down on Mark's lap the next second. Mark gasped at the sudden weight that occupied his lap as he pulled his head back up to look at Haechan who was rubbing his eye with the back of his thumb.

Mark's arms wrapped around his waist pulling him closer so he can sit more comfortably. "What's wrong?" Mark asked rubbing his nose on Haechan's shoulder. He knows that the younger gets cuddly when something is bothering him so he seeks comfort in someone else's presence. "Nothing, I'm tired" Haechan whispered throwing his arms around Mark's neck as he buried his face into it. Haechan's warm breath sent shivers running from the top of his ears to settle quietly on the bottom of his spine. Mark stared down at Haechan's neckline admiring the trail of moles he had down his nape. Mark once read that moles represent the spots where your past life lover kissed you and he thought he did a good job with it. Mark was pretty sure that he would've loved this boy even in his past life and he liked to think that, that's where he would've liked to kiss him the most in the past as well, which is also his favorite spot in the present and will continue to be in the future.

Haechan nuzzled his nose in the crook of Mark's neck which made Mark hug him tighter. "Are you thinking about it?" Mark asked his fingers combing Haechan's hair. "Not really!" Haechan answered closing his eyes to focus on how good Mark smelled. He smelled like detergent and Haechan thought that Mark is wearing one of the shirts Johnny brought him and that it must've been newly washed. His skin had a faint smell of vanilla which made Haechan feel like he's laying in a bathtub filled with warm water and scented bubbles. Haechan brought his nose closer to Mark's neck, his lips brushing lightly against it. "Are the boys coming later?" Mark asked keeping his voice low so he wouldn't disturb his sleepy friend. Haechan hummed in response sending vibrations against Mark's skin that suddenly felt burning. Mark sighed rubbing his hand up and down Haechan's forearm.

"Aren't you hungry? I suddenly want bagels with cream cheese," Mark whispered placing his chin on top of Haechan's head. He wished he knew how good it felt to have Haechan this close to his body, he would've done it a lot in the past. Mark frowned backing up to take a glance at Haechan when he didn't receive a response. He was met with his beautiful long eyelashes, eyelids closed and lips pouting as his cheek was pressed against Mark's collarbones. Mark chuckled at the sight, the boy was knocked out in a second and Mark thought it was probably because they had to wake up very early that morning.

Mark pulled himself up on his foot carrying Haechan's body in his arms, the boy snapped his eyes open in a second at the sudden move. "No, put me down you'll hurt yourself." Haechan clenched on Mark's shirt, legs kicking in the air. "Stay still!" Mark ordered pulling the boy closer to his chest as he limped to the bed. "Mark, no, Mark!" Haechan nagged as Mark put him down carefully on the bed. "Sorry for waking you up" Mark whispered giving Haechan's cheek a soft rub with his thumb. Haechan looked angry for a second before he sighed "Sorry for falling asleep" leaning into the touch. "Don't do that anymore, please" Haechan looked straight into Mark's eyes who placed his hands on both sides of Haechan's shoulder pushing him down on the soft pillow. "Go back to sleep, pretty thing," Mark said leaning in to place a sweet kiss on his nose. Haechan closed his eyes his hand blindly searching for Mark's on the bed. Mark noticed so he smiled grabbing Haechan's fingers between his, noticing how cold his fingertips were. "You're not gonna nap?" Haechan whispered eyelids heavy, he could barely keep them open. Mark took Haechan's hand close to his mouth giving the back of it a sweet kiss.

"You sleep, I'll be right next to you watching a movie." Mark smiled sweetly at Haechan who nodded pushing his lips forward slightly into a pout as his eyes closed again. Mark tucked him warm under the blanket. He made his way to turn the lights off, leaving a chance for the sun's rayons to show off their skills into lightening the room by sneaking in through the blinds. He brought his laptop to the bed climbing up silently to lie next to Haechan who looked like he drifted away again. Mark chuckled, amazed at how skilled his best friend was when it came to falling asleep very fast. He watched how peaceful he looked with his head leaning down on the pillow touching his shoulder with his chin, lips slightly parted. He truly was a sight to the eye and Mark felt the luckiest to have such a rare piece of art in his life that he could admire anytime in the day.

Mark piled up two pillows on top of each other and leaned down with his back pressing on them. He pulled the blanket over his legs placing the laptop on his lap. He scrolled for a few minutes up and down his Netflix page and settled with Sherlock Holmes to watch. He brought his earphones to his ears making sure the volume level wasn't pretty high that it could still burst through the device. He glanced at Haechan one last time making sure the boy was sleeping well before he clicked on play and started watching.

Mark knew he should've been sleeping as well since he's the one who suggested that they should nap in the first place. He then realized that he was staring blankly at the screen after 20 minutes trying to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter