seven

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark contemplated a lot before he came to his abrupt conclusion. Given the fact that Mark had seen the video before the fight, the picture was stuck in his head. Xiaojun wasn't expecting a violent reaction from Mark Lee who's known for his humble self. 

Seeing Haechan being kissed by someone else triggered something in the depth of him and his body responded with a punch landing on Xioajun's face before sending the phone flying. Mark's eyes went dark, pupils enlarged like a cat, chest heavy from all of the emotions taking over him. 

Mark forgot that Xiaojun was with his company and quickly realized his mistake when he was pushed down to the ground beaten to death. That night, nothing hurt him more than the fact that Haechan's lips were occupied by someone else. He did feel a sort of relief when his friends stepped in and when the kicks and punches lessened thanks to Jaemin who got him covered under his embrace and Renjun who received a few punches for swearing at the boy in his native language probably threatening him as well. 

Mark knew where to find the real relief though. It was where he also found comfort and warmth. It's where all his beautiful memories are. It wasn't in a magical land that was impossible to reach. Mark didn't have to sail to find it. He didn't have to wait till it comes to him either. His type of relief was right behind the door, he just needs to knock and he knows he'll be welcomed by it. 

And behind Haechan's door was where his relief stood, and Mark went straight there to knock on the right door. He refused to close an eye that day without putting out the fire that was burning and going higher in his chest as the clocks continued to tick into the future. Nothing could calm his nerves down but the feeling of Haechan's lips against his. Mark went for it without any second thoughts, leaving Haechan lost in the unknown that night. 
That explains the secret behind their first kiss. A kiss that was full of anger, disappointment, but also love. 

He knew something felt off when he first encountered Taeil at the hospital. He might've been drunk that night but the video awakened his five senses and it turned out that Mark had a sixth one that was meant to protect Haechan. When he first saw Taeil, the hair in the back of his neck stood sending vibrations through his body like the black flags on a cloudy day on a beach indicating that a storm is coming. 

He knew the guy looked familiar and something about his familiarity was not very pleasant. Later on, when the video was sent to everyone. Mark had a better chance to look at it again and refresh his memory and that's when everything clicked. He was more than sure that the guy was Taeil. 

"Was it?" Mark asked again looking at the spaced out boy laying beside him. Mark supported his weight on one elbow as his other hand traveled to Haechan's bangs pushing them away so he can get a better view of his eyes. 

Haechan looked dazzled. The question threw him off and he looked like he was having a hard time climbing back to where he was. Mark gave his cheek a small pinch before smiling at him. "If you're not ready to share his identity, you don't have to" Mark whispered caressing his cheek softly. "No," Haechan whispered back. "I mean, how did you..." Haechan continued to whisper blinking his eyes at Mark. "Figure it out?" Mark finished his question for him earning a small nod from Haechan. "Are you confirming that it's actually him?" Mark asked raising his eyebrows anticipating the answer. 

"It was Taeil, Mark" Haechan confessed with all honesty. "The guy spent an hour or so with me fixing my face for me, he was too close to me not to notice that he was the same guy in the video, Hyuck," Mark answered fingers Haechan's face up and down in a slow rhythm, it was probably intentional to let Haechan know that it's fine to confront him with the truth and that he was there to listen. "You're quick-witted and I hate that about you" Haechan sighed closing his eyes. "Hey, look at me" Mark ordered and Haechan's eyes blinked open again staring at Mark who now looked worried. "How did it happen?" He asked. 

"Aren't you a curious cat tonight?" Haechan said pursing his lips into a straight line. "Fine, let's just sleep then" Mark rolled his eyes dropping himself on his stomach face buried into his arm. "Mark, don't," Haechan said bringing himself close to the boy taking his hand between his gently rubbing circles on the back of it with his thumb. 

"It was last summer, when you went back to Canada," Haechan started and Mark peeked at him with one eye. "It was boring without you, the boys were there but it wasn't the same without you," Haechan continued eyes staring at Mark's fingers that curled around his. "Jaehyun noticed that I couldn't keep my mind off of you so he invited me to hang out with him and his friends in a summer house" Haechan blabbered and Mark's head jolted up suddenly. "Jaehyun knows?" Mark asked and Haechan looked down nodding in response. 

"He knows about the kiss?" Mark asked frowning deep. "No stupid! Can you stop thinking about the kiss for a moment, I will get to that in a second. He knows about my feelings towards you." Haechan breathed out, a faded peachy color settling down on his cheeks. Mark thought he looked the most beautiful when he blushes especially under the moonlight that was creeping inside of the room like a thief. A thief that was welcomed though, it helped lighten up the darkroom. 

He also liked the way the younger still gets shy whenever he confesses that he has a crush on him again. Mark pulled Haechan's hand to his mouth giving it a gentle kiss before smiling at him which made Haechan smiled back. "It was even more boring at that party. It was full of interns and doctors. They were talking about their professional life so I slipped away to the bar to grab something to drink." Haechan said leaning his head on the pillow bringing Mark's hand close to his cheek to cuddle it. 

"That's when Taeil approached me, in a flirty way" Haechan narrated glancing up at Mark examining his face. He couldn't read him so he decided to continue. "We talked about random stuff as we continued to drink. He didn't know I came with Jaehyun nor that I wasn't legal to drink." Haechan sighed burying his nose into Mark's knuckles. "He then leaned down to kiss me and I couldn't back off so I just sat there," Haechan said closing his eyes. 

"Hey," Mark called pulling his hands away from Haechan's only to put it under his chin lifting his face up. "Don't close your eyes, it makes me think you're trying to recall that kiss," Mark said voice sounding sad and insecure. Haechan looked up at him, then closed his eyes again "It's weird, Mark." Haechan whispered "Cause, all I can think of is you kissing me." Haechan confided opening his eyes again to have a better look at the boy's reaction. Mark's mouth curled up on the side into a wide smile. "Can you stop looking at me like that and kiss me already?" Haechan asked and Mark was under his service. 

Mark's fingers quickly traveled from under his chin to the back of his neck grabbing on the pieces of hair there. Mark didn't waste a second and leaned down pulling Haechan's lip between his teeth gnawing on it. 

Haechan didn't expect Mark to respond with a needy kiss. He thought he would just give him a small peck and move on but the boy was so immersed in his feelings that his teeth were speaking for him instead. 

Mark tilted his head to the side attacking Haechan's upper lip next hard on it, giving it small now and then with his warm tongue. Haechan placed his hand on Mark's chest giving him small taps when he felt his oxygen level was running low. Mark wouldn't pull away though. He pressed his lips harder against Haechan's, his tongue sliding in between them when the younger tried to inhale. Haechan's hand turned into a grip on Mark's shirt, his body heating up when Mark's own body lied down on top of his putting more pressure on his abdomen and lips. His other hand grabbed on the back of Mark's hair, nails slightly digging in there. He can feel how demanding Mark was and Haechan was starting to taste something new on the boy's lips. Haechan was tasting bitterness and he knew it was jealousy. 

Mark pulled away when Haechan arched his neck to the back begging for air. Haechan kept his head pressed back onto the pillow chest heavy and breathe unsteady as his hand slipped down Mark's back. Mark blew air onto Haechan's wet lips which also slipped through his mouth and Haechan swallowed it down happily. 
Haechan closed his eyes at the cold breeze still panting. "I got carried away, I'm sorry" Mark apologized giving Haechan's chin a kiss. Haechan chuckled unwrapping his fingers from Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter