four

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He wasn't coughing blood Haechan relax. The cut on his lip reopened and was bleeding again." Jaehyun explained rubbing small circles on the back of his little cousin who had his face buried deep in his chest. Haechan pulled away to look up at Jaehyun with worried eyes. "Why did he faint?" Haechan asked blinking slowly probably of how tired he feels. "The boy is supposed to be in bed taking his pain killers Haechan, not running around like a crazy dog." Jaehyun started looking down at Haechan who didn't look amused. Jaehyun sighed "His oxygen level dropped, it's very normal that he fainted. His body is exhausted." Jaehyun said pursing his lips together as he gave his little cousin gentle taps on his bouncy hair. "When will he wake up?" Haechan asked eyes making their way to the glass window of the room where Mark's bed was at the hospital. "Soon baby, go talk to him maybe he'll hear you?" Jaehyun suggested with a smile on his face. Haechan blinked again looking hesitant for a second. He then nodded detaching himself from his cousin's embrace so he could go check on Mark. 


With Haechan gone, Jaehyun's chest lifted up releasing a deep sigh as he looked at Johnny who was shaking his head from side to side sighing as well. "Have an idea about what happened?" Jaehyun asked as he walked to the water dispenser to fill a cup for both of them. "Not a single one." Johnny answered mouthing a 'thank you' to Jaehyun before gulping down the refreshing water. "I think all of us need to sit and talk about this once Mark is awake and back at home," Jaehyun said rubbing his temple. "You think?" Johnny replied breathing out like a fuming dragon. 

 


"Mark," Haechan whispered, so afraid of the silence surrounding them in the room. He sniffled taking Mark's warm hand between his rubbing his thumb gently on the skin. "Stop sleeping. Wake up." Haechan continued to whisper looking at how peaceful Mark seemed to be in his sleep. Haechan's fingers made their way to the strands of hair falling on Mark's forehead brushing them away so carefully. He looked down to have a better look at how beautiful Mark looks while sleeping, but was very surprised with a pair of eyes looking through his soul. Haechan gasped, air stuck in his throat for a second before he gulped it down.
"Hey, there!" Haechan managed to breathe out. Mark closed his eyes again his fingers curling around Haechan's hand that was still holding him. Haechan observed the reaction he was getting from Mark and smiled. "Keep your eyes on me, will you?" Haechan's voice was sweet but desperate. Mark lazily opened his eyes again following his friend's order. "Good boy," Haechan smiled at him petting his hair a little bit earning an annoyed groan from Mark which made Haechan chuckle. "How are you feeling?" Haechan asked intertwining his fingers with Mark scratching gently on his knuckles.


"I'm sorry, Hyuck!" Mark's voice came out low, almost inaudible. "Hum?" Haechan's face came close to Mark's, his lips forming a small smile. "About?" Haechan asked raising his eyebrows at the sleepy boy in front of him. "I couldn't stop the bullying" Mark's eyes looked more awake now but full of worry. Haechan's hand made its way to Mark's right cheek sitting there so carefully, fingertips brushing at the back of Mark's hair who let out a small breath at the touch. "You've got a cut on your lip, another on your forehead, a sprained leg, and," Haechan's hand moved from Mark's cheek to poke the side of Mark's torso. Mark winced at the touch squinting his eyes. "Your hipbone almost broke, not to count the other bruises scattered all over your body that won't heal anytime soon," Haechan sighed bringing back his hand to cup Mark's face again with an apologizing look at the slight pain he caused him. "And you're telling me you're sorry you couldn't do stop what?" Haechan asked furrowing his brows gulping down whatever tears are trying to make their way out.


"You're hurting," Haechan continued, his thumb rubbing small circles under Mark's eye. "And I, now know that it is all because of me," Haechan said sniffling and locking eyes with Mark who was trying to shake his head from side to side to assure him that none is his fault. "You took all these hits because you knew about it?" Haechan asked with a tear escaping from his eye. Mark turned his head to the side to give Haechan's palm a small kiss making him smile a bit through his tears. "We'll talk when you stop crying first!" Mark said taking his hand out of Haechan's only to press it against the boy's warm cheek, rubbing away the continuous tears. "You deserve an explanation Hyuck, but I also deserve one don't you think?" Mark tilted his head to the side, his fingertips finding their way to the curls on the back of Haechan's hair. "We all deserve an explanation, Mark." Johnny's voice came in too sudden that made Haechan jump out of his chair wiping his tears away on the back of his sleeves. 


"My shift is over, wanna talk us through this boys?" Jaehyun said taking off his white coat placing it on the back of a chair that he soon dragged closer to where Haechan was sitting. Haechan never left Mark's side. Haechan bit the inside of his cheek glancing at Mark who in return gave him the sweetest smile probably assuring him that everything will be fine. Johnny, on the other hand, took a seat at the edge of the bed where Mark was laying. "Whenever you're ready!" Johnny said giving his foot a small squeeze while nodding his head.

 


"So, you went out clubbing," Jaehyun started pointing at Mark. "This Xiaojun guy came up to you and asked you where Haechan at, "Jaehyun continued pointing at Haechan this time. "He then said he's got a present for him and showed you a video of Haechan making out with a guy?" Jaehyun finished trying to rephrase what he just heard. Mark glanced up at Haechan who had his head down. His curly fringe covering his eyes slightly. Mark can sense how tense Haechan was feeling. Haechan's fingers were curling themselves around one another on his laps.


"I asked him to delete it but he wouldn't and, it escalated when I dragged him outside to talk" Mark continued scratching the back of his neck. "I see what kind of talking you did out there," Johnny glared, making Mark bit his bottom lip feeling so little in front of him. "Now the video is circulating around the school?" Jaehyun asked placing his hand on Haechan's lap hoping that he can get a word out of him. Haechan just nodded his head slightly, hands turning into small fists. 


"Hey," Jaehyun said squeezing Haechan's knee gently. "Heads up, Haechan," Jaehyun said the tone of his voice rising. Haechan pursed his lips tightly turning his head so slightly glancing from the side at his cousin. Haechan's eyes were filled with emotions, unspoken ones. Emotions Haechan couldn't put into words so they just dropped in form of tears onto his soft skin. "I know, it's unfair. You didn't ask to be outed in this way," Jaehyun started bringing his chair closer to his little cousin until their knees brushed together. "I know you must feel broken," Jaehyun continued cupping Haechan's face between his hands. Haechan's eyes shut close as silent tears continued to roll down their way out of his eyes. "Do you know him? Xiaojun? Has he t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter