five

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haechan walked a few steps back, eyes wide and mouth gaped until his back hit the wall behind him. He was trapped under Mark's embrace, knees going weak at the sudden touches. Haechan could feel his body temperature rising up. He felt absent-minded for a second. His blood was running faster in his veins spreading the flow of emotions that hit him evenly in his whole body. The silence around them settled very comfortably in the room allowing Haechan to hear his own heart beating hard and fast. It wasn't long until Mark pulled away, face still close, eyes softly looking at the beautiful pair of lips in front of him.

Mark locked eyes with Haechan next and the boy looked pale as if someone his soul out of him. "You said," Haechan blurted out voice coming out shaky and nervous. "That I don't remember?" Mark finished his sentence for him tilting his head slightly to the side giving his own lips a small . Haechan nodded. "Did I startle you?" Mark asked his right hand making its way to rest on Haechan's nape. "Umh," Haechan swallowed, head-nodding "Twice," he added. "It won't startle you again if I ask for permission this time, mhm?" Mark asked stepping even closer to Haechan who fixed his poster and had his back flat against the wall.

"Can I kiss you?" Mark asked his face an inch away from Haechan's. Mark's voice sounded like a melody to Haechan's ears at that moment and the younger boy closed his eyes to enjoy the sweet tune that managed to make the hair on the back of his neck raise. Haechan nodded in approval none of what's happening in this hallway seeming to feel real to him. Mark's fingers lightly scratched on the back of Haechan's neck, his thumb pressed under his ear. The elder smiled at the beauty between his hands before he leaned down brushing his nose so lightly against Haechan's. With a small push on the back of Haechan's neck, the younger boy jolted up in an upright position their lips pressing against each other for the second time that night.

With a tilt of his head, Mark found the perfect position to capture Haechan's lower lip and nibble on.

He would've been a liar if he said he didn't have endless dreams about this moment. Mark's always wondered how would Haechan's lips feel if he kissed him. He hated it the most when Haechan buys a watermelon flavored popsicle, he always wanted Haechan to finish his small dessert so that he can pull him into a kiss and up whatever sweetness left on his lips. He always imagined that the boy would taste as sweet as he smells. Haechan has a sweet tooth and Mark knows exactly what are Haechan's favorite sweets. Little did Haechan know that Mark's favorite was him. Both of them had so many feelings towards each other, but none of them ever thought there would be a day when they could actually talk it all out. Haechan's little secret was revealed and Mark took that as a sign for him to stop being a coward and give it a shot.

There they were, both of them totally drown in each other. Mark took Haechan's bottom lip between his teeth, his tongue slightly brushing against it. The boy let a small moan escape his mouth. Haechan's eyes fluttered open at the small sound he just produced pulling away with red cheeks. Mark chuckled ruffling his hair "Thirsty much?" Mark asked teasing the younger boy who covered his face with both of his hands. "Oh my God, Mark" Haechan said fingers grabbing on his bangs, leg kicking in the air. Mark grabbed Haechan's wrists pulling his hands away from his face as he laughed at how shy Haechan was acting. The boy's cheeks were burning, the color spreading to his nose when Mark stared down at him.

"Help me take a shower?" Mark asked giving him a small smile as he pulled his wrists down to wrap them around his own waist. Haechan was pulled by force closer to Mark again; nothing to complain about though. "Are we going to act like none of this happened?" Haechan asked looking up at his friend who was towering over him. "Just keep in mind that there's nothing to be embarrassed about for now," Mark started brushing a few strands of hair away from his friend's face. "And nothing about you is disgusting, Hyuck" Mark added giving him the sweetest smile ever. Haechan pursed his lips together eyes getting shinier by the second. He knew he would cry if Mark's going to say anything else as sweet as his last sentences. This time, he would shed tears of joy at least. "I need you to step your cheesy away from me so I can take all this in," Haechan said pulling his arms away from Mark. "I really need help with that shower though," Mark said pouting. Haechan rolled his eyes groaning "Fine," Mark smiled leaning down to place a playful kiss on Haechan's cheek. "Then, we can talk about it all, yeah?" Haechan started to feel nervous all of a sudden again as he nodded helping Mark to the bathroom. 

 

 


"Hands up," Haechan ordered Mark who was sitting on the toilet seat following the younger's orders. "Ok, not too high," Haechan said when Mark winced from the sharp pain that struck his side. Haechan grabbed the hem of the shirt Mark was wearing pulling it up so carefully above his head. Mark breathed out when the piece of clothing left his body. Haechan's eyes trailed down Mark's abdomen, examining the bruises scattered on his skin to finally land on the side of his hip. Mark was busy ing and ping his jeans. Once done, he looked up again with his curious eyes as if he was waiting for the second command of this showering mission. Haechan gave him a smile understanding that the boy was clueless and waiting for a sort of lead. Haechan kneeled down taking off his socks first, throwing the pair in the laundry basket that was sitting behind him.

"Did they kick you in the stomach?" Haechan asked, fingers curling around the edge of the fabric pulling it down. Haechan wished that Mark didn't wear skinny jeans at that moment. Jaehyun mentioned that Mark shouldn't be sitting down for a long time as it doesn't help to put pressure on his hip bone. His skinny jeans were not making this process any faster. "Is that how you got those bruises?" Haechan asked again, head nodding at the direction of the colorful contusions as he pulled off the first leg. Mark on the other hand slipped down a little bit in his heat, stretching his body up, pushing his legs forward trying to make it easier for Haechan to take his jeans off faster; which Haechan actually did. "I guess so," Mark sighed throwing his head backward closing his eyes trying to find comfort in the darkness. Haechan was working on unwrapping the bandage wrapped around his foot, memorizing the pattern so that he can wrap w new one again later.

Once he was done, he stood up stretching a hand out for Mark who gladly took it helping him on his feet. "You guess so?" Haechan repeated Mark's answer his tone indicating that Mark has given him an unsatisfying response. "What if they did?" Mark asked the boy who was busy getting the water to the right temperature. He thought Mark can handle some hot water for tonight as it might help soothe everything down so he made sure that the water running would be a bit warmer than usual. Haechan glanced back at Mark then back to the shower "It's ready," he said stepping back for Mark to step in. "You said I deserve an explanation" Haechan murmured wondering if Mark can hear him under the pouring water. "Stop worrying," Mark said giving Haechan's nose a small kiss before going under the water again. The younger boy felt his heart skip a beat and he wondered if he actually fell asleep at the hospital and haven't woken up yet as all of this seemed like a dream to him.

He watched the elder boy close his eyes as he was getting all wet. Water spreading very quickly through his body relaxing every muscle in it. He then rubbed the water away from his face to look at Haechan who was glancing down at his feet with the bottle of shampoo ready in his hand for whenever Mark would ask for it. "Don't put too much pressure on your sprained ankle" Haechan order and Mark obeyed by lifting his foot up resting its weight on his toes instead "Careful," Haechan's arm reached to hold on Mark's when he thought that he might slip, now that he was almost standing on one leg. "Get in here and hold me still if you're that worried, Lee Haechan" Mark blurted out which made Haechan's cheek turn pink. Haechan was hoping that Mark would think that the color that just spread on his face was only because the bathroom was getting warmer by the second. "I just took a shower," Haechan replied folding his sleeves up, squeezing out a good amount of shampoo on his palm.

"Turn around," Haechan said pointing at the wall behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter