ten

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: 

Let's pretend that Haechan has a spare phone in this chapter.

 

The moon was no longer visible in the sky. The clouds gathered around it swallowing it whole in its darkness as it continued to rain heavily. The wind sounded the happiest outside as it kept swirling around, dancing, and celebrating its freedom. Haechan's eyes snapped open upon hearing the thunder grumbling loudly. His throat was dry so he gulped. He grabbed his phone from under his pillow to check the time. Haechan's eyes shut tight at the sudden brightness so he squinted his eyes until he was able to read the numbers the screen showed; it was 02:17 in the morning. Haechan's head turned towards Mark next who was knocked out right beside him, mouth pouting with a visible frown on his forehead. Haechan tilted his head to the side wondering what was bothering the elder boy in his sleep that he had to look that upset. He leaned down pressing his lips gently against Mark's forehead kissing the frown away, smiling at the small sound Mark made because of the contact. Haechan pushed himself out of bed grabbing his phone along with him as he tiptoed to the kitchen. 

The younger boy stretched his body up reaching for a glass in the cupboards so he can fill it with water. He placed the glass on the kitchen island and proceeded to unlock his phone looking for a certain number to message. 

'Hi, I hope I am not bothering. Are you at work?' 

Haechan typed, fingers trembling as he pressed the send button. He put his phone down and grabbed a bottle of water to fill the glass in; maybe the liquid could help calm down his nervous for a second. He didn't manage to take a sip as his phone buzzed and his hand quickly placed the glass down and grabbed the phone instead. 

'Hey, Haechan. I am, is everything Ok?' 

Haechan bit his bottom lip so hard eyes shifting thinking if what he was doing in the middle of the night is the right thing to do. Since he already started it he thought that he just had to finish it. He can't retreat neither make up an excuse now that he sent the first message already.

'Can we meet? We need to talk. It's important!!'

'Like now?' 

'No. In the morning or afternoon? When you're done with work and well-rested?' 

'Fine with me :)'

'I'll wait for you to text me then?' 

"Haechan?" Johnny's voice filled the room and Haechan's body almost jumped up and down in surprise. "What are you doing in the dark?" Johnny asked switching the lights on. "Jeez, Johnny I totally forgot you were sleeping here tonight" Haechan chuckled nervously placing his phone facedown pointing at the water cup beside him "I wanted to grab a glass of water, Johnny. I am fine" Haechan smiled. "Alright, kid. Make sure you get a good sleep." Johnny said yawning as he made his way back to the living room. Haechan placed a hand on his heart checking if it's still beating correctly letting out a heavy breath. He grabbed the glass finally gulping down a good amount of water to calm his nerves. He grabbed his phone next checking the reply he got. 

'I will, Haechan. See you tomorrow then.' 

'See you tomorrow' 

Haechan locked his phone puffing the air out of his cheeks. He lifted his shirt up glancing down at the red spot on his stomach with furrowed brows. Haechan couldn't sleep properly. The train of thoughts that were running miles in his head was just too noisy for him and he couldn't close his eyes without feeling the pain circulating in his ears. He couldn't even tell if he was feeling scared, anxious, or just curious about it all. There were too many question marks floating around his head and he wanted to pop them out. There was one way to do that and it was to talk to the source from which all of this had started. What does Xiaojun have to do with Taeil and what kind of connection those two have to lead to such a series of unfortunate events. Haechan kept wondering breath getting heavier as one question led to another. He wanted answers and he was going to get them soon.

Haechan tucked the front of his shirt into his sweatpants and walked back to his room. Slowly climbing into bed, he placed his phone back under the pillow and lied on his right side staring at the boy sleeping in his bed. Haechan was truly amazed at how the presence of a person can make his heart swell that much. Mark was sleeping peacefully and Haechan cannot help bet fall in love deeper. Mark's body moved closer and soon his hand was on Haechan's cheek. "Why can't you go back to sleep?" Mark asked rubbing Haechan's soft cheek with his thumb. 

Haechan closed his eyes enjoying the touches he was receiving. "Does your stomach hurt?" Mark asked his hand moving down from Haechan's cheek to rest on his belly. Haechan took Mark's hand between his and leaned down to kiss Mark's nose. "I am fine, sleepyhead!" Haechan whispered and Mark opened his eyes to stare at his friend most sweetly. "Lay down, let me give you tummy rubs" Mark suddenly smiled as he pushed his body up on his elbow pressing Haechan's head down with a kiss on his forehead. Haechan found himself laying on his back with Mark by his side staring down at him. "Go back to sleep, Mark. You don't ha-" Haechan's voice got stuck in his throat when he felt his shirt being folded up slowly, Mark's fingertips brushing so lightly against his sensitive skin. Haechan's eyes closed and he gulped down the feelings that were piling up in the speed of light down his throat. His heart started to race at the delicate touches and he felt the urge to bit down on his lower lip hard when Mark's hand rested on his stomach slowly moving into gentle circles around the bruised skin. 

Mark used his other hand to cup Haechan's cheek and the boy immediately opened his eyes as if he knew he was being called by the silent touches he was receiving. He locked eyes with Mark who looked down at him as if he was the most beautiful painting he had ever seen. Mark placed his thumb on Haechan's chin pulling down on the skin under his lip until Haechan's mouth parted so slightly and Mark smirked at the open invitation. Haechan had to admit that he felt nervous and very threatened as Mark's eyes darkened for a second. But there was a sort of pleasure circulating around his body so evenly that it felt so satisfying. Mark leaned in for an open mouth kiss not wasting a second before his tongue found its way behind Haechan's teeth. Mark is slowly becoming familiar with the tastes and corners Haechan's mouth offered and he enjoyed every bit of it. 

Haechan's fingers grabbed on Mark's hair, his fingernails scratching lightly against his scalp and Mark realized that he had probably kissed Haechan enough times recently that he started to understand that when the younger locks his fingers around his hair it's a sign that he's enjoying whatever Mark is doing with his lips and that he definitely wants more of it. Mark chose to be a tease that night and pulled away earning a whine from Haechan at the loss of contact. "Disappointed?" Mark chuckled and Haechan's eyes opened quickly looking in a different direction. Mark totally loves it when Haechan tries to avoid him and Haechan does it because he hates it when he loses control over his senses and his body starts reacting on its own to Mark's orders. But Mark was quick enough to win the younger's attention back when shoved the blanket away of them pulling Haechan's shirt even higher exposing more of his smooth skin. 

Mark his lips and Haechan can swear that he saw a hungry werewolf in Mark that night. The moment Mark leaned down and pressed his lips against Haechan's stomach the younger couldn't help but grab on the sheets he was laying on tight as he arched his back surrendering to the unfamiliar feeling that exploded inside of his body. He felt warm, too warm as if he spent the whole day sunbathing on a tropical island and his skin burnt against Mark's lips as if he forgot to bring his sunscreen that day and the sun found a home on his body. Mark opened his mouth slightly kissing around the bruise as his hand grabbed on Haechan's waist pulling him closer. ", Mark" Haechan groaned as he lifted himself on his elbow to have a better look at his friend working his way around his torso. Mark looked up at him and noticed that his chest was heavily lifting up and down. "Like now?" Mark asked teasingly. "Only if you wish" Haechan responded with a side-smile and Mark almost lost it at the unexpected answer. 

"I could but," Mark said leaning down to place a few more kissed on Haechan's hip up to his belly which made the younger throw his head to the back with a heavy sigh. "Not tonight" Mark finished pulling Haechan's shirt back down. He wrapped his arm carefully around Haechan and pulled him in closer as he buried his face in the crook of his neck. Haechan pulled the blanket back on top of them and brushed his fingers through Mark's hair enjoying his warm breath kissing his neck now and then. "Let's sleep" Mark whispered so innocently as if he wasn't the one that just set fire into Haechan's body without taking the responsibility to put it out first. Haechan just hummed clinching on Mark's shirt with his other hand. Soon, they both fell back to sleep into each other's arms making the wind outside swirl stronger wishing it also had someone to travel around in the atmosphere with. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter