three

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning!

Mention of blood and use of bad language. If you feel uncomfortable with these warnings, do not read please! Stay safe and hope you enjoy. 

The next day. 

 

"Are you sane?" Haechan hissed under his breath with folded arms. "I have to go Hyuck!" Mark repeated that sentence for the fourth time during the last five minutes. "You obviously DON'T! I need to get you back to the hospital to check on your head cause it seems that there's a malfunctioning in your brain" Haechan mocked leaning his shoulder to the side on the door frame watching as Mark was struggling to put on a shirt. Haechan wasn't going to help Mark. Haechan was waiting and praying that Mark's stubbornness has an expiration date, and in case it does, hopefully, it's today. 

"Finals are around the corner!" Mark mumbled shoving his arm through the sleeves and groaning at every movement his body made. "I can take notes and the boys can come over later so we can review the lessons together!" Haechan suggested watching as Mark buried his face into his hands grabbing on his front bangs not so gently letting out a deep sigh. "Sorry if my voice is giving you a headache Mark, do whatever suits you!" Haechan said slamming the door behind him closed. "Hyuck!" Mark snapped up regretting the sudden movement he made and fell back onto the bed, the sound of the slammed door echoing in his ears. "This is gonna be a long day!" Mark mumbled to himself switching his attention to his phone that started ringing. "Great!" Mark said rolling his eyes pressing the green button. 

- "Hello?" Mark answered.

- "What's Haechan's front door password?" The person on the other line asked. 

- "Are you here?" Mark asked brows knitted, standing up grabbing his backpack from the floor along with him. 

- "Numbers Mark!" The person on the other line ordered. 

- "Johnny 10 minutes and I'll be there!" Mark said hanging up the phone shoving it into his pocket.

"Jeez.." Mark sighed walking out of Haechan's room making his way to the corridor where Haechan was sitting on the step tying his shoes. Haechan grabbed Mark's shoes loosening the laces for easier access to his feet. Mark couldn't help but smile at Haechan's back thinking of how the younger boy is still helping him even though he's angry at him.

Once Haechan finished tying Mark's shoelaces -making sure to leave the laces very loose on the shoe of his sprained foot- he grabbed his own backpack swinging it onto his back and made his way out of the door leaving Mark behind. Mark cursed under his breath limping his way behind Haechan who was already in front of the elevator waiting for it. "If ignoring me is making you feel better then go ahead Haechan, ignore me all you want!" Mark said in a low voice which sent goosebumps down Haechan's skin who was thankful that the elevator's door opened at the right time so he could step away from the older boy. 

 

 

"Is there a single color that is not painted on your face, Mark Lee?" Johnny stepped forward hovering over his cousin lifting his face up to get a better look at it. Mark winced under his touch squinting his eyes shut. "Good morning John!" Mark said opening his eyes to meet his glaring cousin which made Mark dart his eyes away quickly. Johnny let go of Mark's face for a second to raise his brow at Haechan the next second "I don't know! I wasn't there, I have no answers that could satisfy you!" Haechan quickly blurted out hands up in the air.

"And you're going to school in this state? Are you that eager or do you still have unfinished business to take care of?" Johnny snatched Mark's backpack away from him which made Mark lose his balance for a second. Johnny opened the backseat door throwing the backpack inside nodding his head to the empty seat's direction "Get in! You're going home."Johnny announced in a low voice.

Mark on his lower lip for a good second before stepping forward to the car only to push one knee into the car's seat stretching his arm to get his backpack back, pocking his head out of the car again. Mark threw his backpack on his back and glanced at Johnny who looked like he's so close to start yelling at his stubbornness. "Not today Johnny, I'm sorry." Mark finished turning on his heel towards the school's direction taking small steps forward.

Johnny was fast to grab Mark by the wrist before he could walk away any further. Mark turned around eyes searching for Donghyuck who was standing a few meters away, lips parted face cannot be read then back to Johnny who was glaring down at him. "Johnny please listen to me!" Mark started almost whispering. "Donghyuck is gonna get hurt if I'm not at school today and if that happens, I won't be able to forgive myself for not being there. So please! Let me go this time and I'll fill you with every detail later!" Mark finished, eyes having a sparkle of hope in them while they looked at Johnny.

"What in the world is going on Mark!" Johnny hissed his breath getting heavier by the time. "I promise I'll be fine! I just need to be there for him today more than any other day. I'll tell you everything you need to know after school." Mark whispered and Johnny closed his eyes for a mere second cursing under his breath "Fine Mark! Get in!" Johnny said loosening his grip around Mark's wrist. Mark sighed out of relief as a small smile made its way to his face. Haechan just rolled his eyes. 

"I don't know what kind of spell he cast on you but I had faith in you Johnny to knock some sense into his empty brain! All in vain..." Haechan shook his head as he made his way to the car earning a "Shut up!" from both Mark and his cousin. 

 

 

"YOU'RE HERE!" Jaemin instantly shouted at the sight of Mark dragging his feet slowly with his hand grabbing on Haechan's elbow. "Jeez!" Renjun quickly covered his ears at the sudden scream. "I'm as surprised as you are Jaemin!" Haechan said shaking his head from side to side at Mark. "You shouldn't be here Mark!" Renjun said clicking his tongue. "Here we go again!" Mark said starting to feel annoyed. "I'm here already so let's get over it?" Mark finished fixing his backpack that felt like it was about to slip.

"Care to share who are the people that did this to both of you?" Haechan said looking between the three of his friends that were standing in front of him exchanging weird looks. Haechan heard a solid "No!" coming from both Mark and Renjun but a very clear and honest "Yes!" coming from Jaemin who earned instant death glares from Mark and Renjun. Haechan chuckled "Jaem boy! You're so bad at lying and I just love you for your honesty!" Haechan smiled throwing one arm around Jaemin's shoulder who gulped. "Names?" Haechan whispered in Jaemin's ear who was fortunately saved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter