two

Nightmare interrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day. 

Mark's eyes slowly opened and one side of his face scrunched when the pain hit hard everywhere in his body that his brain failed to locate the part that hurt the most. He breathed hard, letting out a small whimper. Glancing up at the ceiling, he noticed that his vision wasn't focused. He shut his eyes tight then opened them again examining his surrounding. He managed to perceive that he wasn't at home but the place looked familiar. Haechan. He thought, and that's when his eyes landed on the younger's head that was leaning on the edge of the sofa right beside him. Haechan was crawled into a ball right next to him on the floor with his head resting on the side of the couch. 

"Haechan," Mark called but it only came out as a whisper at first. "Lee Haechan!" Mark tried again, lifting his right arm to rest it on the younger's head who jumped at the immediate touch. "Mark? You Ok?" The boy instantly asked with worried, half-asleep eyes. Mark gave him an assuring smile with a small nod. "Why didn't you sleep in your... room?" Mark asked, voice cracking as he tried to finish his sentence. "You look like !" Donghyuck replied now that he felt more awake and was able to take a better look at Mark's face. "That doesn't answer my question," Mark said gulping and closing his eyes as he started to feel the headache kicking in. "I was watching Netflix and I snoozed" Haechan lied. He wouldn't tell Mark that he was worried sick about him and that he actually cried himself to sleep. 

"Let me grab you a painkiller first," Haechan said, standing up making his way out of the room. Mark tried to lift his head but failed miserably. Every part of his body was aching. Mark looked around and sighed. He his upper lip bitting on his lower one as he stared at the TV that had a blank screen with "Next episode" on it in the corner. Haechan came back and Mark's attention switched to the younger boy who was holding yogurt and a small spoon in one hand, a cup of water in the other, a small pack of pills, and an ice bag under his arm. Haechan placed everything carefully on the table across from the sofa and looked back at Mark, hands on his hips thinking of the next step he should take. 

"Do you think you can sit down for a couple of minutes?" Haechan asked. Mark held his hand out for Haechan to hold, indicating that he needed help with that. Haechan did not hesitate to grab it firmly, placing his other arm under Mark's back when he lifted himself a bit to support him. Mark managed to sit and Haechan quickly grabbed the first two pillows his eyes landed on shoving them behind his back for support. "Oh, God!" Mark breathed out as he couldn't believe how bad his current state was. "You have to eat this first!" Haechan said handing him the yogurt and the spoon. "Plain yogurt?" Mark whined. "Try to nag again and it'll end up on your face instead" Haechan glared "Your face needs it more than your stomach does anyway!" He added. Mark chuckled lightly taking them away from the younger "Someone is grumpy." Mark said opening the lid of the yogurt as he started eating slowly. "Dare to smile again in this situation and I'll stab you!" Haechan threatened. "Oh, someone is Angry!" Mark corrected. 

Haechan rolled his eyes sitting down on the table where he placed the rest of the utilities he'll need later. He folded his arms against his chest and stared at Mark who was making faces every time he opened his mouth to eat. The bruise in the corner of his mouth must be the cause of it. "So?" Haechan asked impatiently as he had waited enough to hear the answers he needed. "It's this stupid dude that needed to be taught a lesson," Mark answered shortly placing now his empty yogurt on the sofa's arm. "And you decided you were the perfect teacher for that?" Haechan sarcastically asked taking away the empty yogurt to place it next to him on the table. "Don't put pressure on me Haechan, I wasn't in the right state of mind!" Mark defended himself rubbing his eyes. "Can I lean back? I can't take it anymore!" Mark added burying his face into his hands. "Drink this up first!" Haechan ordered handing Mark a pill and a glass of water. 

Mark leaned back again letting out a heavy breath after swallowing down his medicine. His eyes opened wide when Haechan suddenly placed the ice bag on his hip. "Try to endure it as much as you can, it's turning purple!" Haechan said pressing on the injury which made mark let out a huffed groan. Haechan shook his head in disappointment and moved to place the other ice bag on his ankle which probably was sprained. "Jaehyun said your side looks fine but we still need to go to the hospital later for a check-up," Haechan said as he sat next to Mark on the edge of the sofa holding the ice bag that was on his hip in the right place trying not to get distracted by the elder's exposed skin. "Jaehyun  was here?" Mark asked lifting his eyebrows. "I called him because someone is too stubborn to go to the hospital!" Haechan answered giving him a look. "He'll definitely tell Johnny!" Mark thought out loud in which Haechan answered "He better does!" in response. 

"I honestly don't remember a thing after the last punch I threw, Hyuck" Mark blurted out "I don't even know how I made it here" Mark added. "RENJUN!" Mark suddenly shouted. "He was in the fight as well!" Mark added. "Chill! I texted Jaemin a few minutes ago, he said he looks more alive than you do" Haechan said looking at Mark who sighed in relief at the answer. 

Haechan felt a stab in his heart upon hearing Mark saying he didn't remember a thing of what happened yesterday. He expected this to happen, he didn't expect Mark to wake up and explain why he locked lips with him that late at night anyway. Haechan was mentally prepared for that, it just bothered him that he's gonna be the only one walking around with the thoughts and flashbacks of that incident, as he liked to label it. Haechan let out a small sigh "Are you that angry?" Mark asked earning a glare from the younger. "It's not like this is the first time I get into a fight, usually you're part of it too" Mark added. "Why are you so upset?" Mark asked placing his hand on top of Haechan's who flinched at the immediate touch pulling his hand away. 

"Wow! You must be Really angry!" Mark said in surprise eyes looking confused. "Shirt on, jacket as well! Don't be a brat I'm ordering a taxi we need to see Jaehyun" Haechan answered in the process of standing up when Mark grabbed his hand again pulling him down. Haechan raised one eyebrow wondering where did the sudden energy in his half-dead friend come from. "We're not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong!" Mark said in a serious voice. "What do you mean?" Haechan cluelessly asked. "You're acting very cold and I believe there's a valid reason behind that?" Mark said tilting his head to the side to catch the younger's eyes.

"I'm just worried about you Ok?" Haechan answered hoping that Mark would buy it. "Yes, we got into fights before but usually I'm the one who gets angry and starts it," Haechan said pointing at himself "You're the 'let's talk first' kind of guy and I honestly don't understand what triggered you that much to get into such a big quarrel!" Haechan finished sighing. "They were four and I was by myself until Renjun joined..."Mark explained letting go slowly of the younger's hand "The reason why I started it is worth all of the bruises and injuries I have now" Mark finished. "Oh enlighten me please! What is this very convincing reason, I would very much like to hear it," Haechan said mockingly. "It's over now, Hyuck!" Mark pursed his lips into a small smile "It's not important!" Mark added. "If you say so, Mark! I won't push!" Haechan lifted his hands in the air standing up to pick up the glass of water and the rest of the things he needs to put back into the right place. 

Once left alone, Mark let out a sigh closing his eyes as he felt his blood boil remembering the events of the previous night. One side of him was glad that Haechan stayed at home yesterday and didn't hang out with them. If Haechan was there, he could've been deeply hurt, both physically and mentally. The fight was about Haechan after all and Mark wouldn't spill the truth out as long as his best friend doesn't know about it. Mark ran his hand through his hair feeling frustrated because he hates keeping things from Haechan and the younger obviously looked very disappointed. 

Haechan came back all dressed holding a spare clean hoodie on one arm and a jacket on the other. "Bathroom, let's wash your face and brush your teeth then I'll help you get into those" Haehcan said waving both pieces of clothes throwing them on the armchair after that. "Just help me get there Hyuck, I can manage by myself don't worry!" Mark said lifting himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter