seven.

Stupid Love

CHANYEOL

Seungwan was avoiding him.

It seemed that Seungwan was everywhere, but not near him. He brought Toben out on Seungwan’s day off to meet her but she told him to drop Toben in her dorm and she would care for him without her. He was worried that he blew his chance of getting back with her but when she answered his call, he noticed her weak voice and series of coughing.

“Are you alright, love?” Seungwan snickered at the other line then he heard her shuffle. “Does it sound like I’m okay? I caught a bad flu thanks to your kiss that got me thinking about it under the rain.” She was painfully honest when she’s under medication and it made him tad shy. Seungwan was still the same, the soft girl who hides her true feelings by being selfless, sacrificing her own happiness just to see him happy. “Okay, I’ll bring Toben to you and hope our son would take care of you.” He joked which was left unanswered. Seungwan, it turned out, dozed off to sleep while on call with him.

He faced Toben and chuckled at the puppy’s eyes. “Yes, I know. I’ll take care of your mom, but you’ll have to stay with your uncle Sehun.” He rubbed Toben’s head then gave him a kiss on the forehead. After dropping Toben back at his dorm so Sehun could watch him, Chanyeol rushed to Seungwan’s dorm. He called her repeatedly to ask her to open the door, but his calls were sent straight to voicemail. “Well, I will just tell her a random excuse if I get in.” He punched the passcode he remembers when they were still dating—his birthday.

“Jesus.. Wan hasn’t changed her passcode.” His heart was somersaulting into space at that little thing, Seungwan acted that she has moved on but she still keeps facts about Chanyeol close to her. He placed his shoes on the shoerack then headed straight to her bedroom, there was the love of his life cocooned in a blanket while a recorded song plays in the background. His voice from the phone bounced off the walls and it made him tear up. He sat down on the floor to check on her temperature and she was burning; he blamed himself for the trouble. He sauntered over to the kitchen, collecting water from the sink and towel from the hanger. When he came back to his room, he saw Seungwan sitting up from the bed.

“What are you doing here, Yeollie?” She asked while rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Chanyeol walked over to her bed then placed the bowl of water down on her bedside table before holding her hand. “I’m here because I know how stubborn you are when you’re sick. Get some rest now.” He laid her down on the bed while caressing her hand, he noticed the ring on her finger again. “Okay, but you’re cruel if you leave me..” She trailed off before falling back to sleep. He started to wipe her face and arms with the cool water to try and lower down her fever and he could not stop thinking of his mean joke to her about the ring. He did not give away the ring to some random kid in the playground, he kept it inside his wallet and whenever he felt sad, he would look at him and remember that he had someone who cared for him.

“Wannie, I love you so much.” He whispered in between the sobs that escaped his lips. He leaned closer to her face then pressed his tiers against her forehead. He placed the towel back on the bowl and was about to bring it to the kitchen when she reached out and pulled his shirt like a baby. “My love, hug me..” She said with eyes closed and he obliged. “Alright, love.” Chanyeol replied before slipping under the blanket with her to wrap his arms around her small frame. He held her securely and occasionally dropped kisses on her face.