six.

Stupid Love

SEUNGWAN

Every end of semester students would go home to their respective homes but Seungwan lingers behind which often leads to her parents nagging at her for being so workaholic. They want to see their daughter but Seungwan refuses to come home, she wanted to earn more money so she could support her hobbies which includes singing and painting, an addition to that would be the dog food for her little baby Toben.

It was rare to have students in the library during this time of year, their patrons were only two or three, but never more than ten. Seulgi would be the one in charge of listing down the names of the students while Seungwan arranges the book order. They were really good friends so Seulgi immediately knew her feelings from her furrowed brows. “It’s Chanyeol again, isn’t it?” Seulgi whispered to her while they sit together behind their counter.

“Yes, Seulgi. He’s being so confusing, Seul. He visits my dorm in the pretense of bringing Toben, but he’s the one clinging to me. I don’t want to put any meaning to his actions.” She rested her cheek on her palm then sighed. “Why don’t you just ask him straight to the point?” The bell attached to the wooden door rang and a familiar face entered the library.

“Baby!” Chanyeol looked behind the counter then smiled widely at her before acknowledging Seulgi’s presence. She noticed Seulgi’s side glance at her before the female left her side to attend to some invisible request by a student. Chanyeol lingered and reached out to ruffle her locks. “I am already bored to death at the dorm because Baekhyun and Sehun took Toben. Can I stay here to help?” She pursed her lips before shaking her head. “Seulgi and I don’t have anything to do here, Chanyeol. Just go and watch some movie, or go home. Mama Park surely misses you.” Chanyeol just stared at her before walking behind the counter and sitting beside her. “I’ll just stay here and be quiet then. Oh, my mom asked me if she could have you for dinner later, Seungwan. I told her I’ll ask you first.” Chanyeol extended his arm then poked the soft skin of her cheek.

“How could I ever refuse your mom’s cooking? Sure, I’ll go.” Her heart was beating fast due to their close proximity but Seulgi cleared and nagged at Chanyeol. “That’s my seat, please get your own chair.” Chanyeol pouted and stood up to get one from the stack of chairs on the other end of the aisle.

When he came back, Seungwan could notice his dark aura. Something might have pissed him off, was it the chair? He sulkily took his place behind her and glared at the guy who was approaching them. “Uhm, Miss Seungwan? Can you help me find a book about Biology? I tried so hard to look for it, but I couldn’t.” Seungwan stood up from her place then helped the guy who introduced himself as Taehyung. She noticed the slight tinge of pink on his cheeks and was surprised when he suddenly asked for her number. “Ah, is it creepy? I have been staying in the library during my free time to see you.” Seungwan’s eyes widened in shock and was about to refuse the stranger’s request when Chanyeol appeared behind her and wrapped an arm around her petite waist. “Love, is there a problem here?”

She bit her lower lip and tried to shimmy away from Chanyeol but his subtle movement just made her stick even closer to him. “Oh, I’m sorry.” Taehyung rubbed his nape then bowed down. “I didn’t know you were taken.” Taehyung apologized for the trouble then went his way back to the table he shares with his friends. Seungwan spun around then glared at Chanyeol. “What was that? You’re not my boyfriend anymore.” Seungwan pushed him away gently but he leaned closer to her face then gave her a soft peck on the lips.

“What if I want to be your boyfriend again, Seungwan? Will you let me?” She let out a surprised gasp at his statement. “What are you saying? Are you messing with my feelings again?” Chanyeol shook his head then continued. “Don’t you notice me trying to win you back?” Seungwan had indeed noticed his subtle hints of courting her again but she just didn’t want to get her hopes up only to find out that he didn’t mean it.

“I don’t know, Chanyeol.” She broke free from his hold then almost ran towards the counter to hide behind Seulgi.