four.

Stupid Love

SEUNGWAN

Toben was such a cute dog that she completely got smitten over him, she would spend most of her salary for his dog food and toys which Chanyeol always nagged her about. She would often drop by his dorm to give him a good pat on the head (she's talking about Toben but from time to time, Chanyeol does ask for a head pat). Working part time as a student assistant in a library wasn't tiring, in fact, she enjoy returning the used books in their rightful places since she had memorized the shelves entirely. She gets off work around 6 in the evening, the sky isn't that dark but not that bright, it's like the sky couldn't decide whether it can let go of the sunshine or let itself engulf in pitch black. The transition of color from bright blue to hues of orange, pink, and red was a beauty to behold that she couldn't help but take a picture of the scenery every time, she was about to do the same today if she weren't that surprised to find Chanyeol outside of the library with an umbrella.

"Wannie!" He crossed the distance between them, his lips curling into a shy smile. "I came to fetch you because the news forecast said it'll rain today.. and Toben misses you." She noticed the slight flush of his cheeks but pretended to ignore it. Seungwan looked up at the sky and noticed no signs of gloominess. "You say it's going to rain? I can't see any trace of that, Chanyeol." She shook her head firmly before walking beside him towards his dorm.

"I just wanted to thank you for the new toys you gave Toben, he clearly loves it. As a gift in return, I prepared dinner for us to share." Seungwan was unable to stop the gasp from leaving her lips, he was being his old self— the one who would always fetch Seungwan from work and make sure she has eaten dinner by offering to eat dinner together. Is he playing with my heart again?

"Hey, I know you're thankful for that but I've agreed to being a fur parent to Toben. It's my responsibility too, you don't have to do these things.. It'll just make me confused." Seungwan fought back the tears in her eyes by chuckling. "Just think of it as a way for me to make amends, Wan." She felt his hand pushing her to his side upon seeing a biker moving towards them, he had always been like this, making sure that he was on the side of the road to protect her. "Fine, you had already prepared dinner anyway." His hand didn't leave from its small spot on her waist, he kept her close to him as if he wanted to protect her again.

Upon arriving at his dorm, Toben ran quickly to Seungwan. His tail kept on wagging as if excited to see her again when he just saw her this morning, he looked up at her then jumped. Seungwan took him into her arms then rubbed under his chin while Chanyeol sets the table for their meal. 

"Wannie, let's eat." Chanyeol called her out from the table, she put Toben down on the floor then made her way to the sink to wash her hands. She sat in front of Chanyeol and marveled at the dishes in front of her— young radish kimchi, egg rolls, stir fried vegetables and fried chicken. "Looks yum, are those young radish kimchi your mom made?" He nodded his head then put it on top of her rice. "Go and eat heartily." He said before taking an egg roll then plopping it inside his mouth. Seungwan happily obliged, eating everything that was served on the table, the stir fried veggies was her favorite and he knew that well enough. The young radish kimchi made her remember the moments wherein he takes her to his parents' house during their summer break, Chanyeol's mother always made sure to give Seungwan a pack of it before they went home. In fact, this entire set-up hit her with nostalgia, they were together again but this time, she was the only one who had feelings. 

When she finished her meal and glanced at Chanyeol, their eyes met and she could almost see the raw feelings in those orbs. "Wannie, I still l-" At that very moment, Baekhyun and Sehun entered the dorm with shopping bags. "Aigoo, I'm tired.. Omo! Seungwannie!" Baekhyun ran towards Seungwan then wrapped his arms around her small frame. Baekhyun served as a good distraction to Chanyeol's word, she knew her heart would break into tiny pieces if she were able to hear it fully.

Seungwan stood up from the table and cleared their plates, the tidy one between the two. She left the table then talked to Baekhyun about her work, disregarding Chanyeol's existence.

She didn't notice Sehun and Chanyeol talking near the window, didn't even hear Chanyeol say "I wanted to tell her I still love her."