one.

Stupid Love

SEUNGWAN

Seungwan has been beating around the bush, avoiding everything about him and refusing to admit that she is still in love with her ex-boyfriend. They broke up for almost six months now but the pang on her chest whenever he sees him happy with his friends and his possibly new love interest has helped her develop a defense mechanism, the i-have-a-lot-of-crushes-i-do-not-need-him mechanism but that did not stop her friends from teasing her whenever they find her glancing over her shoulder to look at him. 

They were still good friends since they were in the same squad but she was uncomfortable knowing that he was already moving on from her and she could not even take a step away from him. Not when he was still sending her pictures of dogs he randomly passes by. Not when he calls her in the middle of the night to rant about his dormmates. Not when she is still hoping that they might get back together.

"Seungwan, why are you still wearing that ring?" Chanyeol asked her during their club meeting which totally caught her off guard. "Eh, I just feel like it." She dismissed the question nonchalantly, acting like she was not nervous. "Do you still love me, Wannie?" He grinned mischievously as he stared at her. "I don't! What makes you think I'm still in love with your tall ?" She rolled her eyes at him, wishing that the blush on her cheeks would not be evident. "Right." He laughed then added, "I have already misplaced that ring, I might have given it to a child in the playground the week when we broke up." She glanced at him and noticed that he was smiling, no scratch that, he was trying his best not to laugh like what he just told her was the funniest joke ever. It broke her heart though. 

"I don't care, I was just wearing this because I am unable to buy a new one." She hid her hand behind her before she kicked his knee. "I hate you!" She shouted at him before storming out of the club room.

Ever since that encounter with Chanyeol about their promise ring, Seungwan stopped wearing it even though she felt incomplete without it.  She was not ready to move on but she thought that she needed to look the part. Baekhyun about it though, he might have been the annoying older brother for Seungwan but he definitely understood her. 

"Oh, our dearest Seungwannie removed the ring. I can set you up with a guy now without you pulling off the I'm married thing." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, reaching out to ruffle her hair. "Please, don't. I hate the guys you set me up with!" Seungwan heaved a sighed, her arms crossing over her chest. "But you need to catch up to Chanyeol, he has been already going out on dates with Rosé! I believe they'll be in a relationship soon— Oh my god, Seungwan! Don't cry." Baekhyun saw the tears forming on her eyes but she refused to let him wipe it. "I'm okay, I'm not affected!!" She shouted a little to loud, earning glances from the people sitting on the benches around them. "Your face tells me otherwise." He pulled her into a hug. "So are you okay with me setting you up with someone?" Seungwan just nodded and tried her best to smile.

"Wow, pda much?" Seungwan's head perked up the moment she heard that familiar voice, Chanyeol was looking at them with a deadpanned face. "Pft. You're just jealous you can't hug Seungwan like this anymore." Baekhyun retorted, hugging Seungwan even tighter. "I'm telling Sehun, Baek." Chanyeol clicked his tongue, pretending to get his phone from his pocket. "He'll understand though, he adores Seungwan and we are the ones responsible for match-making her with other guys." She blushed as she hit Baekhyun's chest softly. "Hyung, stop!" She whined while Chanyeol stared at her.

He did not like what he just heard. 

CHANYEOL

"Baby Wannie!" Chanyeol made bigger strides to catch up to her who walked too fast for someone with short legs. "Ha? Why are you calling me that?" She rolled her eyes at him but he knew better, the slight flush on her cheeks gave way and it confirmed his suspicion yhat he still had that effect on her. "Nothing, I just wanted to tease you, baby." He was about to chuckle when she smacked his head. "Why don't you go tease someone else? I need to hurry up, Baek hyung told me to meet him at the cafe." Chanyeol wrinkled his nose, not sure on what to feel. "Don't go to those stupid blind dates, what if you meet someone who will take advantage of you?!" He was just concerned for her as a friend, he wanted her to be safe.

"What is it to you?" Seungwan replied. "Plus, I might be able to meet my ideal man through Baek's blind dates." She added before walking away from Chanyeol.

He did not make any effort on catching up to her but he did notice the ring missing on her finger and he did not like how he felt about it.