TWENTY-TWO

Go against the rules

 

It had been a week since Baekhyun's blissful vacation with his boyfriend was interrupted by Chanyeol's family matters

It had been a week since Baekhyun's blissful vacation with his boyfriend was interrupted by Chanyeol's family matters. At first Baekhyun understood that his soulmate had large responsibilities as one of the elders in his family, but as the days passed and their communications all but disappeared Baekhyun was beginning to get annoyed.

He had gone to his classes, filtering out his frustration through his work. His grades improved and the amount of paintings he produced doubled in the space of time he had spent away from his mate. Kyungsoo was desperate to help him, offering to walk him home every day or even take him out after school for food. Baekhyun was thankful but eventually he began turning down his offers, choosing instead to return home and throw himself into another project.

The quiet days eventually began to drive him crazy, his painting room appearing as though a hurricane had been through it. Papers and books lay scattered around the place, symbols and quotations stuck to the walls. He had retorted to drawing on paper since the designs on his body weren't getting any replies, Kyungsoo unable to find reasons for the silence of both of their mates.

Lay watched the two boys wither and welt without the presence of their sunshines, his worry eventually getting the better of him. He requested that both boys return to his apartment after they finished their classes, something both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were reluctant to agree to. Understanding their predicament Lay decided to take them to Kyle's cafe, knowing it as one of the places both of them would feel comfortable.

Baekhyun wasn't meant to be roped into working, but it was obvious that he was grateful for the distraction. Kyungsoo also obtained an apron from the vampire owner who seemed to have been aware of their situation through Lay.

The two fell into rhythm, Kyungsoo speeding his way through making the drinks with Baekhyun happily delivering them to the grateful customers. The two of them received tips that Kyle allowed them to keep, Kyungsoo's eyes sparkling at the money entering his pocket.

"I haven't been allowed to have any of my own." Kyungsoo explained to Baekhyun on their break, the human's brows raising in question. "It's a part of Chanyeol's family rules, outsiders aren't entitled to any. We aren't even allowed to have jobs to help provide for us either, Katherine went through that for a while until Suho forced Kris into accepting her into their family."

"Aren't you a part of the family now too?" Baekhyun wondered, though he realised his question wasn't a good one. Of course Kyungsoo wasn't seen as a member of Chanyeol's family, he had been completely ostracized by the members ever since he and Jongin found each other. "I suppose not.." he sighed. "Neither of us are until we marry them, right?"

Kyungsoo's lips formed a thin smile, his eyes finding the rim of his coffee cup. "Even then I question if we will ever leave behind our ranks as their mates, I can't speak for you here but I know that my only job is to prolong Jongin's bloodline. I will never be anything more than the Wu castle chef, living in the manor to feed the others."

"Jongin doesn't see you like that, neither does Chanyeol or Katherine." Baekhyun stretched across the table, resting his palm against Kyungsoo's. "Kris isn't going to be king for very long and Suho... well I think he hates me a little more than he does you."

Kyungsoo chuckled, his head shaking as his eyes locked with Baekhyun's from across the table. "I don't even know why I'm complaining, you're the one that's going to have problems when things between you and Chanyeol do pick back up again."

"You're complaining because you're the one dealing with everything right now and have been for a while, am I right?" Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm going to let you complain as much as you want, only if you allow me to do the same thing when it happens to me."

"Deal." Kyungsoo giggles, offering out his hand for a shake. Baekhyun happily agreed, their hands interlocking over the table.

"And as for my job of continuing bloodlines," Baekhyun drew a deep breath, his fingers working to draw his strawberry milkshake's straw against his lips. "you're not the only one having to do that."

Kyungsoo's jaw dropped, his eyes bulging out of his sockets. His mouth tried to form words, his tongue unable to move to make them. Baekhyun giggled into his drink's straw, allowing some time for his friend's mind to get back on track.

"Y-you're a carrier too?"

Baekhyun nodded his head, his lips to catch the leftover remains of his favoured drink. "The nuns told me about it when I was younger, they knew that I was gay so they asked if they could preform a couple tests on me. Nothing bad, they assured me and since they really did seem overjoyed about my situation I didn't think anything about it. They did a few blood tests and it revealed that I could carry a baby if I wished to in my future. I never really thought about it and I'll admit that I actually completely forgot about it until I met Chanyeol."

"Who was also a child of a gifted one..." Kyungsoo sighed in content, his shoulders dipping on either side of his head. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I told you, you have your dark secrets and I have mine. Though I suppose this one isn't really that dark." Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. "It's just something else the two of us can bond on."

"Baekhyun I don't think you understand how much your friendship means to me," Kyungsoo's voice cracked, his eyes welling up with tears. "you're literally the sweetest person I know and despite not knowing anything about us you're still willing to sit with me and listen to me rant."

"I didn't have any friends before I met Chanyeol," Baekhyun explained, swallowing the forming lump in his throat. "I didn't think I would be able to love someone as much as I do Chanyeol-"

Kyungsoo's quiet gasp made him realise what he had just said. Baekhyun's eyes widened, his fingertips coming to rest against his lips.

"Baek-"

"I just said I love him and he wasn't even here to hear me say it." The boy laughed without humour, the tears finally blinding him. He his lips again hoping the action would help keep his tears at bay. "Does this get any easier?" Kyungsoo simply blinked at him. "Has Jongin ever left you for so long that you start crying in a café wishing for him to come back?"

"I wasn't allowed out so I usually cried in the library." Kyungsoo claimed, watching as Baekhyun's eyes narrowed.

"They have a library?" Baekhyun whimpered, allowing his face to fall against his palms. Kyungsoo laughed wholeheartedly, tossing his head back. "As much as I would hate to ask, can I go back to the castle?"

Kyungsoo's lower lip slipped into his mouth, a line of white appearing beneath the skin he was biting. Baekhyun knew that he was asking something impossible, but he hoped Kyungsoo could perform miracles.

"As much as I want you to come it's dangerous, we were lucky the last time because we had the boys with us and we knew Kris wouldn't be there. But this time we don't have our mates and it's possible that Kris could arrive at any moment. He takes pride in being able to surprise people and it wouldn't be a good thing if he met you without Chanyeol there."

"Then can you at least accept my in-"

"No!" Kyungsoo hissed, interrupting him from offering an invitation into his apartment. "Sorry but you should wait to know everything about us before you ask us into your apartment."

Baekhyun sighed, his head falling between his shoulders. He knew that he could easily explain to Kyungsoo that he did indeed know everything that was being hidden from him, but Baekhyun figured Chanyeol would like to be there for when he did. "I can't be by myself anymore and neither can you, I won't let you go back to the manor and you don't want me to be in my apartment so can we find some middle ground?"

"We could stay at Lay's like he suggested we do earlier-" Baekhyun shook his head, he needed to spend some time alone with Kyungsoo preferably without someone else's presence.

"How about we stay at a hotel tonight?" Baekhyun offered, remembering the detailed conversation with Nana one night that explained exactly what dwellings vampires could enter and which they couldn't.

Who would have known the amount of loopholes that could place him in danger.

Hotels were easily one of the major buildings where vampires could get their fix of blood, countless unexpecting humans for them to choose from. It was the rooms that made things a little complicated for the bloodsuckers. When a customer pays for the room the room is therefore placed into their name which means that vampires weren't able to enter without the human's permission. Rooms obtained by vampire customers allowed every vampire in the dwelling to enter. However if the room was bought by a vampire and a human only that specific vampire was given the opportunity to enter without the need of permission from the human roommate.

"We'd have to split for the room, but with the money we got from working I'm sure we'll be able to cover it. I'm sure we could even get Lay to give us some cash for food." Baekhyun continued, noticing the corners of Kyungsoo's lips curling.

"Yeah," Kyungsoo visibly brightened, his tears no longer within his eyes. "that sounds great Baek. Thank you."

"Not a problem." The human waved him off with a small smile of his own, his fingers working to swipe the tears from his cheeks.

"Baek, do you mind working at the register for a second when I run to the toilet?" Kyle apologised for interrupting their conversation, his body bouncing as he desperately tried to keep himself from peeing right there.

Baekhyun rushed to stand up, the corner of his eye noticing Kyungsoo trying to hide his chuckle behind his fist. "No problem Kyle!" The owner ran off to the restroom, his legs stumbling to work at a more humane speed. Baekhyun couldn't wipe the smile off his lips, even as he settled himself down behind the register.

He smiled at the people who gave their orders, handing them their receipts for the collection bay.

Suddenly every hair on Baekhyun's body stood up, his heart hammering against his chest despite not knowing the reason for his sudden change in attitude. In an attempt to warn Kyungsoo of his feelings, Baekhyun glanced towards his direction. He knew that being a vampire the boy would be able to hear him whisper his name from the register, but Baekhyun also knew that it would alert anyone else in the space with the same ability. Something he couldn't allow to happen.

So he simply carried on with his job, gazing at the back of Kyungsoo's head hoping that the heat from his stare would do something to bring him to Kyungsoo's attention. When Kyungsoo did find the need to turn it was already too late.

Baekhyun stared into the eyes of the tall man in front of his register, offering him a sick charming grin. The human worked to pull a smile on his own lips, mentally patting himself on the back when he was able to do such a thing.

"What can I get started for you today sir?" Baekhyun wondered, chancing a quick glance at Kyungsoo before setting his eyes back on the buttons of the register.

"I'll just have an Americano," The man declared, his stance growing the more Baekhyun looked at him. "is it busy today?"

"Not as much as usual." Baekhyun admitted, punching in the wrong button on purpose. He offered the man an apologetic smile before restarting the order. "Sorry," he shook his head. "it's been a long day."

"Troubles in paradise?" The man questioned, a brow raised.

Baekhyun finished the order but allowed himself some time to look the man in the eye before he selected the 'print' option for his receipt. "We're happily acquainted." Baekhyun responded, not at all bothered by the look of surprise on the man's face.

He was grateful to see Kyungsoo looking in his direction, his knuckles white against the back of his chair. Baekhyun gently tilted his head and Kyungsoo slowly stood up and walked out of the room, a look of relief filling his face.

"You on the other hand look to be having quite the difficulties at home, is your partner perhaps pissing you off?" The man's jaw locked, his eyes turning deadly. "Or perhaps you found your house empty, which pissed you off because you expected a warm welcome home didn't you?"

"You better watch your mouth." The man hissed, fires blazing in his eyes. It looked almost familiar for a second, his mind flashing with an image of Chanyeol. "Do you have any idea of who you're speaking to right now?"

Baekhyun pressed the print button, the loud noise of the receipt maker no doubt dulling his next few words. "You're not my king, I can say whatever the I want to you." He happily held out the receipt, though it was clear the man wasn't going to be taking it. Instead Kris simply took a step back from him, surprise settling into his skin.

The painter waited until the king had left the store before he withdrew a pen from the pot just next to the register, Kyle appearing beside him a second later. "Are you okay Baekhyun, what happened?"

"A figure surrounded in darkness threatening to kill me." Baekhyun played on the words Nana had ultimately warned him about a while ago.

Now her warning made sense.

Kris was back in the country and he knew exactly who Baekhyun was.

 

Chanyeol stared at the girl laid out in the bed before him, her chest raising and falling with every small breath of air she took and gave

Chanyeol stared at the girl laid out in the bed before him, her chest raising and falling with every small breath of air she took and gave. She had obviously grown since the last time he saw her, it was close to twenty years now. Her touch was cold, though it still brought a small smile to his lips when he noticed that nothing in that regard had changed.

"How's she doing?" Jongin whispered from the entrance to her bedroom, arms crossed against his chest.

"It's like she's just sleeping," Chanyeol sighed, allowing himself to lay against the back of the chair. His eyes found the ceiling, the smile reappearing at the sight of the stick on stars twinkling back down at him. "she looks so peaceful Jongin, I can't-"

"I know." His brother sighed, quietly stepping into the room. Chanyeol felt the weight of his hands rest against his shoulders, assuring him that he wasn't alone with her in the room. "I just hope that she'll be okay."

"She will be," Chanyeol chuckled, his eyes finding the girl again. "she's our sister. She's the strongest one out of us all and she likes proving that every chance she gets, she'll wake up eventually. She just needs time."

"I hope so."

"How's Sehun?"

"He's resorted to pacing holes into his bedroom floor, if Luhan ever wakes up he's going to be in trouble."

The joke brought a chuckle from both of their lips, their ears managing to pick up Sehun's own chuckle from down the hall. Jongin allowed his hands to drop so that Chanyeol could rise from the chair, the two of them rushing to find their brother in his bedroom.

"He's going to kill me but I'll be grateful to just see him awake." Sehun whispered once they entered, finding him at the end of the large double bed. A pale face lay against the deep blue pillow at the top of the bed, blonde hair splayed out in every direction.

It was obvious that neither of the brothers wanted this to be the first time they met their brother's mate, but given the circumstances they were grateful for him to still be alive which meant that there was a possibility for them to officially meet in the future.

Jongin quickly claimed the chair right next to the bed, his fingers working to pull the blanket higher against Luhan's frame. Chanyeol turned his attention to his brother, finding him anxiously twisting his fingers around. The eldest reached out and smacked his brother's hands away from one another, afraid that one wrong move would force Sehun to break his own hand. Chanyeol did not want to be the one to set that joint back into place.

"There's something that we've been wanting to tell you," the Prince began, looking his brother dead in the eye. Sehun appeared surprised by the bluntness of his brother's words, never having suspected Chanyeol to be so direct in a situation like this. "we found your Dad."

The Prince had just enough time to catch his brother who had fallen into his arms, Jongin rushing to his side the next second. Together they held onto their crying brother, pillars for him to lean against as his emotions got the better of him. The three of them fell to the floor, finding themselves in a more comfortable position than they were previously in.

Jongin -overwhelmed with his brother's emotions- found himself crying tears of sympathy, not entirely understanding the level of relief washing over his brother's frame right now.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, could understand it. Sehun had spent his entire life knowing his father through the stories Nana shared, the boy never once having an actual parental person around him since Suho couldn't see him and it was believed that his dad was dead. Which was probably why Chanyeol found himself hugging his youngest brother tighter than necessary.

It took a couple hours for them to find themselves in the kitchen, Sehun managing to pull out a take out menu from one of his favourite restaurants

It took a couple hours for them to find themselves in the kitchen, Sehun managing to pull out a take out menu from one of his favourite restaurants. Jongin left to answer an urgent call from Katherine which gave Chanyeol some alone time with his brother before their food arrived.

"Do you miss him?" Sehun wondered, pulling out three glasses from the cabinets to place onto the kitchen counter.

Chanyeol's eyes focused on them when he responded. "My mate?"

"Yeah, you haven't spoken about him since you arrived. I was beginning to think you dreamed him up, but I can see the longing look in your eyes."

Chanyeol chuckled, eyes landing on his brother who smirked back at him. "Yeah," he admitted with a nod. "I really do."

"Tell me about him," Sehun demanded, settling himself down on the stool he had stolen from Chanyeol's side of the island. "it will help distract me."

Trust Sehun to know what he was up to when he was trying to do it. Chanyeol couldn't help but roll his eyes, though the smile remained on his lips.

"He's human."

"Well then he's perfect for you." Sehun laughed, eyes twinkling. "You need a human to keep you grounded in that place. Seriously though, are you worried about that?"

"He's strange Se." Chanyeol admitted. "At first glance you would mistake him as a vampire, but when you get close enough you can smell the blood coursing through his veins. He's really intelligent, good at reading between the lines. He comes across as shy but he's not at all like that, he's actually quite enthusiastic."

"Wait," Sehun interrupted him, brow raised. "you said that he appears to have vampiric features and yet when you get close he's completely human?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol agreed, though his tone remained curious. "why?"

"Because that's an extremely rare, almost extinct quality." Sehun explained, rising from the chair. Chanyeol heard him speed out of the room before he actually saw him disappear, the boy reappearing a second later with a book in hand. "The last recorded case of something like that happened in the seventeen hundreds."

Chanyeol leaned forward, allowing his hands to come up against the counter. "What are you getting at?"

"I'm saying that your mate might have vampire blood coursing in his veins after all." Sehun declared, his words making his brother's heart quicken in his chest.

"How do you know this? We have ancient vampires back in Korea who don't know this."

Sehun's lips curled up into an almost devilish smirk. "You're in Supernatural territory now, we know everything. Korea might be the place the vampires settled but they originated here, everything that goes bump in the night came from this very land Chanyeol. You'll find your answers about your soulmate here, that I can guarantee you."

"We have a problem." Jongin announced as he arrived back in the kitchen, beads of sweat already formed against his forehead.

"What happened?" Sehun questioned, brows furrowed in the centre of his forehead.

Chanyeol found himself raising a brow when his eldest half-brother turned to look at him, face paling as he spoke the words. "Kris is back in Korea..."

At that very moment, the tickling sensation against his forearm reappeared. Baekhyun was writing to him again and unlike the many other messages he sent Chanyeol was desperate to see what the message was.

A cool chill danced down his back, drawing goosebumps to the skin as he stared down at the drawing of two crows perched on a bare tree branch. The drawing also came with two words designed into the branch they were perched upon. 

 

He's Here

He's Here.

 

"What happens now that he's back in Korea?" Donghae whispered to his confidant, hoping that his sleeping wife didn't overhear their conversation.

"I'm not entirely sure," the man whispered back, head hanging between his shoulders. "I know he plans on calling a meeting with the council but I'm not entirely sure why."

"Do you think it has anything to do with Prince Chanyeol finding his soulmate?" Donghae wondered, merely speaking his thoughts aloud.

"It very may be." The man agreed. "Though it is hard to determine. If the Prince found his mate, why would the king want to call the council? We all know how desperate Kris is to avoid giving the throne to Chanyeol, he would much rather die than hand it over. Which is why the meeting is so strange."

"Should we be worried? Do we need to prepare?"

"I suggest that you get to what your King has asked of you." The man declared, his eyes boring holes into the man's face.

"Oh that isn't a problem," Donghae chuckled evilly, his lips curling upwards as the man before him straightened up. "I will have her pregnant soon. I may have even completed the deed last night, the magic of a returning husband doing that to a soldier's wife."

The man snickered to himself, eyes twinkling as he nodded his head. "You lucky bastard, you really scored yourself a gorgeous woman. Surely you wouldn't mind sharing?"

"King's orders were that I, and alone, was to impregnate her." the man huffed in distaste and yet his friend wasn't finished yet. "But once she has fulfilled her duty, she is all yours my friend."

 

"What name shall I put on the register sir?" the receptionist smiled from behind her desk, her eyes shining in the artificial light above her head.

"Byun Baekhyun, is it okay to pay with cash?" Baekhyun wondered, already unfolding the bills he had compiled with Kyungsoo. The receptionist nodded with her head, too busy typing in his details to give him an answer.

"The entrance is clear and there isn't anything to worry about in the hallway, we should be okay until we get to the room." Kyungsoo whispered into his ear, his voice shaking with fright.

"Can I have two keycards for the room? We're both going to be staying there tonight." Baekhyun indicated to Kyungsoo, the latter sliding his identification card towards the receptionist. She quickly made a note of his details as the second addition to the room, therefore allowing Kyungsoo access without the need of permission from Baekhyun.

"Sure thing.." the receptionist drew out the syllable as she finished typing the remaining information into her computer. Once she was done she withdrew two keycards and slid them over the counter to the two boys. "Please enjoy your stay, dinner will be served at six but we have an option of room service and we also allow outside deliveries."

"Thank you!" Both boys choired over their shoulders, already on the way towards the elevators.

"Have you heard anything else from Katherine after you called her earlier?" Baekhyun wondered, swiping his card before selecting the fourth floor option.

"No, the last thing she said was that she was going to get Suho and find somewhere else to stay, she doesn't feel comfortable staying at the manor now that he's back. I can only assume that she called one of the boys to tell them what was happening."

Baekhyun cast a glance at his wrist, a small smile etched onto his lips when he saw his drawing. It was weird seeing black ink decorating his skin, usually his preferred ink colour was blue but since there was no blue ink at Kyle's café Baekhyun couldn't really complain.

"Do you think they answered her?" Baekhyun questioned, venom dripping from his words.

Kyungsoo scoffed, his head tilting back to watch the floor lights go on and off above the door. "I doubt it, they barely have time to answer either of us."

"Dickheads.." Baekhyun muttered.

The two of them instantly burst into fits of laughter, their giggles echoing off the metal walls and going straight back to them. Despite the situation, both of them looked forward to the long night ahead of them. They had begun to plan it after Kyungsoo returned after having called Lay to pick them up, the elder not entirely happy that the King had returned and seemed to know who Baekhyun was. The distraction was exactly what they needed.

They entered their shared room without any problems, Kyungsoo immediately claiming one of the beds as his own. Baekhyun laughed as he sat his bag at the end of the other bed, his eyes travelling over Kyungsoo's starfish formation against the white sheets of the hotel bed.

"She thinks we're screwing," Kyungsoo's words were muffled from the mattress but Baekhyun was still able to make it out, though he didn't understand who Kyungsoo was talking about.

"What?"

"The receptionist." Kyungsoo explained, clearer this time. "The receptionist at the front desk thinks that the both of us are screwing, she seemed so excited that we were going to be sharing a room together. Guess she forgot that we requested two beds to begin with."

"Let the fangirling receptionist be, she has to stay behind that desk all day. It doesn't surprise me that her mind drifts into unknown territory-"

"If I wasn't so devoted to a guy who hasn't replied to my texts I would definitely kiss you right now." Kyungsoo teased, flipping himself around so that he was laid on his back.

Baekhyun laughed, throwing himself back-first onto his own bed. "Yeah if I wasn't so devoted to a guy who hasn't replied to my drawings I would definitely kiss you too."

" them, let's just give each other attention!"

Neither of them moved though they both laughed wholeheartedly.

The air was pulled from Baekhyun's lungs a second later, his entire skin raising with goosebumps as the tingling feeling appeared along the back of his palm. The painter pulled himself up into a sitting position, his eyes focused on the patch of skin that was the most ticklish.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo wondered, though Baekhyun couldn't see him move in his peripheral vision. "Baek?"

"Chanyeol's writing to me." Baekhyun whispered, knowing that the vampire next to him would be able to hear regardless.

Kyungsoo rushed to sit beside him, momentarily forgetting that Baekhyun was supposed to not know about what he was. He figured Kyungsoo would assume that he was too focused on Chanyeol's message, which in technicality he was.

We're on our way to you

"Should we tell them where we are?" Kyungsoo wondered, already standing to find a pen they could use for Baekhyun to write back.

"...no." Baekhyun replied, eyes still locked on his skin. "I'm feeling petty so if they didn't reply to us, I'm not going to reply to them. Lay can tell them where we are."

"Baekhyun, this isn't something we can mess around with here. This is serious, you don't understand the level of danger-"

"Danger causes stress and stress isn't exactly something I handle well, so to quote Jack Frost from the Guardians 'I'm going to have a little fun instead.'"

"What did I get myself into..." Kyungsoo wondered, though he was curious to see what would happen. He snatched the television remote from the stand and turned the machine on, he was grateful to find Netflix already downloaded onto the surfer. "Rise of the Guardians it is!" 

A round of ferious knocks pulled Baekhyun out of his slumber, his brows furrowed in the centre of his forehead as he made his way towards the front door

A round of ferious knocks pulled Baekhyun out of his slumber, his brows furrowed in the centre of his forehead as he made his way towards the front door.

He had been asleep a total of three hours before he was rudely woken up by the series of bangs coming from his hotel room. Out of courtesy for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun decided to not wake him in his pursuit to the door.

Peephole be damned.

He placed his hands upon the cool metal of the door handle, before placing most of his weight upon it. The handle buckled beneath the force and Baekhyun managed to open the door, his tired eyes narrowed at the faces staring back at him.

"Baek-" a familiar voice spoke, no doubt relieved to see him.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went to slam the door in his face only for a hand to come up and prevent him from doing such a thing.

"Woah baby come on-"

"Don't you baby me Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun hissed, reminding himself to stay quiet. "I haven't heard from you for a week and you show up unannounced expecting me to welcome you back because your Dad is back in town? Who the hell do you think I am?!"

"Oh I like him." The newcomer voiced out, Baekhyun only able to catch the voice's blonde hair.

"Is Kyung-"

"Sleeping so shut up!" Baekhyun scolded them, arms crossing against his chest. "It's too late to be talking about anything right now so let me go back to sleep."

"Baby can't we-?"

"Come in?" Baekhyun laughed. "Not a chance in hell Park, you're in the dog house. I'll see you for breakfast at 9 in the morning, goodnight boys."

Baekhyun swatted at his soulmate's hand, only to slam the door closed in their faces when Chanyeol reluctantly let the door go.

"He has my approval!" A loud voice sounded from outside the room, making a smile pull at Baekhyun's lips as he returned to bed.

"Who was that?" Kyungsoo wondered, still half asleep.

"No one important." Baekhyun sighed, cuddling back down beneath the covers.

"Oh so they're back are they?" Kyungsoo scoffed, his hands working to fluff his pillow.

"Sadly." Baekhyun groaned in content once he found the perfect position. "I told them to wait until breakfast tomorrow, we can give them attention then."

"Good call," Kyungsoo giggled. "let them sweat it out tonight. We'll act like everything is alright tomorrow."

"I have taught you well." Baekhyun proudly stated, a ghost of a smile on his lips as his eyes closed. "At least they're safe."

"Yeah," Kyungsoo agreed. "at least they're home."