THIRTEEN

Go against the rules

Baekhyun didn't know what to expect when he opened his front door to come face to face with Mr Lee, who looked like he was drunk

Baekhyun didn't know what to expect when he opened his front door to come face to face with Mr Lee, who looked like he was drunk. It was six am on the Monday morning Baekhyun was scheduled to come back to school. He had never seen someone who always looked respectable, drunk before the sun came over the skyscraper buildings that filled the streets of Seoul. Baekhyun never expected his building manager to force his way into his apartment without an invitation, Mr Lee tumbling over his steps until he steadied himself against the back of Baekhyun's couch.

"Is everything alright Mr Lee?" Baekhyun wondered, he swallowed the nerves bubbling up in his throat. He left the door open as he walked back through the hallway so that he was still able to keep an eye on the suspicious man, he hoped that Lay would be coming over early like he did every morning for the past couple days.

"Where is he?" Mr Lee slurred his words, blinking up at Baekhyun from his spot on the floor. He had been checking under the furniture for something he addressed as a male. Baekhyun was forced to think what his building manager was talking about, he figured an animal like a cat or dog, something that wasn't allowed in the building.

"Mr Lee sir, I don't have any pets here. I understand that the rules of the building extend to animals, if I had a pet I would have asked for one of those special forms of permission." Baekhyun tried to keep his calm, although his body was slowly becoming heated with the way his privacy was being violated by someone he thought would never do such a thing.

"I'm not talking about a stupid animal you idiot!" Mr Lee hissed, jumping up from his sitting position on the ground. Baekhyun watched stunned as the man continued to scout his apartment, making sure he looked in every room and furniture regardless of the fact that any normal human wouldn't be able to fit inside it. The high school student watched with a dropped jaw as Mr Lee let out a shout from his painting room, Baekhyun rushed in it's direction and watched as Mr Lee shoved through the paintings lining against the walls desperate to find something he continued to address as 'him'. "Where is he?"

"Sir please, tell me what you're looking for and I'll be more than happy to tell you." Baekhyun pleaded, his chest filling with worry at the ever growing possibility of one of his paintings getting trampled on. At the sound of his words Mr Lee bolted upright, his eyebrows were furrowed in the centre of his forehead. If this was a movie Baekhyun would have an understanding as to why his eyes shifted a darker, more terrifying colour, but this wasn't a film this was real life. Right?

"I'm really losing my patience with you, you really are an annoying brat do you know that?"

"Get the hell out of my apartment." Baekhyun ordered, gesturing with his hand towards his front door. He suffered bullying when he was in school but there was no way in hell that he was going to allow someone like a building manager get to him as well. His confidence continued climbing when Mr Lee retreated from the room and back into the living room, his nose turned upwards as if to sniff out something else in Baekhyun's apartment. Baekhyun wasn't going to allow that to happen, so using the adrenaline he had created when Mr Lee was searching his home Baekhyun grabbed hold of the man's arm and used it to drag him back to his front door. The building manager tumbled past the threshold and nearly hit his head against the wall directly across from Baekhyun's apartment, the student whined hoping that Mr Lee hadn't hit his head on top of everything else he did to him.

"You're going to regret doing that!" Mr Lee laughed, his chuckle making a shiver crawl down Baekhyun's spine. The boy tried to look confident and strong, he was barely eighteen and living in the centre of the city. He had to appear stronger than he was, if getting bullied by Wonho taught him anything Baekhyun knew that at least looking tough would save him from a larger beating.

"You can't kick me out of my apartment for the next three months since I've already covered the rent," Baekhyun explained to the snarling man, who was still trying to find his footing against the wall. He was glad the nuns had told him to get himself ahead of his financial situations so that something like this would prevent him from being forced out of a contract. "under your own contract you cannot evict any apartment dweller as long as they have paid for their rent."

Baekhyun expected Mr Lee to stand up and try to get back into his apartment, but a content sigh left his lips when the building manager stumbled down the hallway away from him with grunts leaving his lips every step he made. The student took another moment in the hallway to watch the building manager disappear from his view, only then did Baekhyun return to his safe living space. His back was pressed against the door as he caught his breath, given the fact that he could see ghosts, Baekhyun was able to determine that this was the scariest experience he has ever had.

"Baekhyun.." that familiar voice called from further into the room. The student took a shaky breath before walking back into the living-room where his eyes landed on the ghost of the woman he had gotten to know some time ago. "my child are you alright?"

He didn't know if it was the adrenaline leaving his body or if it was that he was happy to see a familiar face, but Baekhyun crumbled to the floor just in front of his sofa with tears escaping his eyes, staining his cheeks and shirt. He was shaking in the delayed terror that came with Mr Lee's sudden change in character. Baekhyun could feel Nana approach him, her energy buzzing as she gently rested her slightly blue hued hand onto his knee. The skin was covered with his jeans so Baekhyun didn't get an unpleasant shiver down his back, instead the pressure on his knee made Baekhyun relax against the couch.

"Did you see what he did?" Baekhyun wondered, looking over his knees at the ghost who looked worried about him. "He entered my apartment without having been given permission, he nearly destroyed my paintings, he called me an annoying brat, I'm almost certain that he is going to evict me now after I told him to get the hell out of my home."

"You had every right to tell him to leave," Nana's soft voice had a small smile curling on Baekhyun's lips. "He looked quite desperate when he searched here. Did you manage to catch on to what he was looking for?"

"No," Baekhyun sniffed, his tongue wiping across his dry lower lip. "but he kept addressing it as him? I thought maybe he was searching for a pet like a cat or dog or something similar, apparently it wasn't an animal he was looking for."

"No it couldn't have been." Nana determined, her head bobbing up and down as she agreed with Baekhyun's conclusion. "Has he ever appeared that way before?"

"Never," Baekhyun shook his head, wiping at the tears tickling his cheek. "it was my first time seeing him like this. He appeared drunk or at least out of his mind, drugs perhaps?"

Nana shrugged her shoulders, although Baekhyun could tell by her eyes that she had thought of something else that would be used to explain the sudden shift in the building manager's character. He was also able to see that it was highly unlikely that she would share with him her thoughts, he didn't seem to mind it since he was just happy nothing else happened.

"Anyway," he took a deep breath, closing his eyes before reopening them so that they were gazing into the ghost's. "what brings you back here? I thought when you left the other day we weren't going to see each other for sometime."

"That was the original plan yes" Nana admitted through a sigh, Baekhyun watched her intently as she pushed herself up so that she was standing rather than hunching over so that she would be closer to him. "it seems that there are forces out there trying to work against you. I've found myself coming to your side so you can have some familiarity, although granted you might not wish to see me."

"I'm glad to see you," Baekhyun stated, a wider smile climbing onto his lips. "I enjoyed our talk that day and it felt strange without feeling you hanging around me afterwards. Thank you for showing yourself after what happened to me today, are you sure there isn't anything else you would like to tell me?"

"Am I really that obvious?" the woman chuckled as she made her way around the room, she was looking at his furniture probably checking to see if there was anything that was broken from the building manager's unnatural behaviour. "I am glad that I arrived so soon after that pathetic man's advances on your poor home, although I do have to add to the burden he caused."

"Let me guess," Baekhyun released a laugh as he clambered onto his legs, he plopped himself down on the couch. His eyes never drifted from the ghost taking turns in the room, her hands tangled together behind her back as she walked. "either the darkness is growing a lot quicker against me than you originally thought, or this is about my sickness."

"Your sickness continues to grow every day Baekhyun." Nana explained, her chest heaving as if she still needed air to breath regardless of the fact that she was no longer a part of this earth. "You haven't entered the dangerous levels yet but you continue to sit on the border-line, have you looked into getting a blood test yet?"

"I haven't found the time to contact my doctor, I'm supposed to go to school today." Baekhyun explained, he took one of the fluffy covered pillows onto his lap. "I have other things to worry about and my health isn't one of them."

"If that's the way you are with your health then I cannot change your mind sweetheart." Nana nodded her head, her hands moved towards her stomach and wrapped themselves around her waist. She appeared cold, her eyes fixated on something interesting outside the window. "The sunlight truly is beautiful today." she pulled herself away from the window after clearing , bringing her mind back into focus. "There is one other thing that I wanted to discuss with you while I'm here."

This got Baekhyun's interest, he didn't mind seeing this one particular ghost because he knew that she wasn't using his energy to keep her here like other ghosts had done before. There was something calming about Nana that brought Baekhyun to the most vulnerable he had ever been when in the presence of a ghost, usually that would make the boy worried but he trusted his instincts this time round.

"What is it?" he questioned noticing how she remained silent, waiting for him to speak up.

"There will be a man that approaches you the next time you are working in the café, he will be very handsome but you must find yourself avoiding his gaze. I know this will appear to be the strangest thing I have told you but for the sake of your life you best heed my warning Baekhyun, this man will be surrounded by darkness and will have cruel ill-driven desires that you must stay away from."

"Will he be connected to this darkness that is hoping to destroy me?" Baekhyun wondered, his brows meeting in the centre of his forehead. He wasn't worried since Kyle had told him that he won't be needing him for some time, Baekhyun figured another week will pass before he would be needed to come back to work. He certainly got paid enough to last at least three weeks before he would be in need of some more cash.

"It is related, yes." Nana nodded her head. "So you better heed my warning towards this if you can't listen to me worry about your health!"

Baekhyun let out a giggle as his head bobbed up and down, he was about to retaliate when the front door to his apartment opened with Lay and the spare key in his hand. Baekhyun's eyes widened at the sight of his professor before turning back to Nana who was frozen in her spot on the floor in front of the window, she was a ghost yet his presence really surprised her.

"Well this is a pleasant surprise," Lay chuckled after having placed his briefcase down on the counter of Baekhyun's kitchen island. The student naturally found himself standing in front of Nana even though the both of them knew that Lay wouldn't be able to see her, he felt stupid but like it was neccassary. "you're already up and dressed this is surely the first time ever. Have I walked into an alternate universe without knowing it?"

"Mr Lee paid me a visit," Baekhyun explained after Nana gave him a nod of encouragement, he also noticed how the ghost found it hard to look away from his professor. He figured that his friend's handsomeness was taking effect on the apprehension however, he was also able to notice the longing look she sent him which caused Baekhyun's mind to run wild. They had some connection. "he wasn't himself," he continued, his brows furrowed as he tried to do two things at once. Tell Lay about what happened moments earlier while also distinguishing the connection between him and the ghost who was now standing next to him. "he was searching for something here but he wasn't able to find anything."

Lay rose a brow in confusion, he sent the room a glance before taking a step into the living room. His nose was raised similar to the way that Mr Lee had when he was on his way through Baekhyun's apartment, they looked like they were trying to catch a sniff of something foreign. "Did he say anything about it?"

"He just kept calling it a him, naturally I figured that he was looking for a cat or dog that I was hiding knowing that the building didn't want pets within its walls. I didn't know how to help in his search of my house but he seemed adamant on checking all the rooms, nearly breaking my paintings too while he was at it."

"He said that he was searching for a 'him'?"

"'Where is he?' was the exact sentence he told me when he shoved past me at the doorway."

"Did you invite him in?" Lay asked, his words loud as he intended to walk towards Baekhyun but he held himself back with his grip tightening on the counter.

Baekhyun didn't know why that was needed information but when he realised that Nana was looking at him too, waiting for his response he quickly shook his head. "I did not."

Lay's tense shoulders relaxed as he nodded his head in understanding, he his lips before tilting his head back up so that Baekhyun could see him. "Let's head to school shall we?" he wondered, gesturing with his hand towards the doorway, Baekhyun gathered his belongings and sent Nana a quick glance.

"Have a good day." her sweet voice followed him out of the room as Lay led him through the doorway, desperate to get to school where he knew they would be safe.

Chanyeol was standing nervously against Baekhyun's locker, his mate's scent was stronger here than any other part of the school

Chanyeol was standing nervously against Baekhyun's locker, his mate's scent was stronger here than any other part of the school. Suho and Katherine had travelled with him to school that morning since they were needed to finalise the last couple of forms for his transfer, they had asked Jongin and Kyungsoo if they wanted to join him and the couple were more than happy to take them up on that offer however, since they were still expected to attend their schedules first, they would have to delay their arrival. Chanyeol didn't mind coming alone today since it would give him some time alone with his mate and Yixing, it would also give him the chance to familiarise himself with the humans since he was more than likely going to be questioned once he got home by his brother and his mate.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, the message more than likely claiming that his Appa was finished with his meeting with the principal and would be taking his leave with Katherine after they had dropped in his forms to the secretary. Chanyeol wanted to delay their departure since he knew Yixing would be on the school grounds soon, but then again he figured that he best wait for a later time and preferably a time when they weren't going to be surrounded by humans. The less witnesses there were with the reunion, the better.

Chanyeol managed to send him response before the scent of his mate became overpowering just ahead of him, turning his head away from the screen of his phone Chanyeol felt his breath hitch in his throat at the sight of Baekhyun and Yixing entering the hallway. Yixing bowed his head before leaving Baekhyun alone to continue on down the hallway, right to where Chanyeol was waiting for him with a wide smile on his lips. He figured that his previously employed protector had to get to his classroom to set up before the bell rang which Chanyeol had realised would be controlling his day.

It didn't take Baekhyun long to realise that there was something out of the ordinary happening around him after Yixing had rushed off to his classroom, Chanyeol noticed that his mate was curiously looking around at the students lining the hallways. Most of their attention was on Chanyeol but what he found more amusing was the fact that Baekhyun hadn't looked in the direction they had been facing, instead he kept his eyes on the ground and continued towards Chanyeol who only got more and more excited the closer he got.

"Excuse me but you're standing in the way of my locker.." Baekhyun's voice was small, his gaze still locked on the ground as he whispered his words to Chanyeol. The Prince of Darkness released a chuckle, his hand reaching up and gently pressed itself against Baekhyun's chin. His mate froze at the action but still allowed Chanyeol to tilt his head up so that their gazes now locked on each other.

Baekhyun's breath hitched as he stared with wide eyes up at his mate whose lips had curled into the largest smile he could muster. The human let out a shriek before jumping into Chanyeol's arms, nuzzling his nose against the base of his mate's neck. He was shaking in happiness, tightening his hold around Chanyeol's torso as the vampire gently pressed a soft kiss against the crown of his mate's head. He could feel Baekhyun's heated cheeks against his exposed skin, he was so glad that he allowed Kyungsoo to pick out his clothes that morning.

"What on earth are you doing here Chanyeol?"

"I transferred," he explained, keeping everything brief so that Baekhyun's excitement wasn't so easily phased. "I hated the stories you told me about being so lonely in school. So, since I saw an opportunity to get closer to you I just had to take the chance. I hope that doesn't make me seem like a stalker because that's the last thing I wanted you to think of me as."

"No," Baekhyun smiled, his nimble fingers holding Chanyeol's cheeks in the palm of his hand. "I find what you did admirable and between me and you, I'm finding myself oddly attracted to you right now."

"Baby it's you and I not me and you, at least try to keep your senses together. After all" Chanyeol teased sending his soulmate a coy wink. "we are standing in the middle of your school hallway and I doubt those idiots kids would want to see us losing control."

"Hm.." Baekhyun lulled the words Chanyeol spoke over, clearly teasing the Prince of Darkness with his lack of response. "I suppose we can do that, I'm just really happy you transferred for me Chanyeol. How did your parents take it?"

"My Appa was more than happy for me, he's glad that I've found my soulmate so he wants us to be together as much as possible." Chanyeol admitted, hoping that Baekhyun would notice the fact that he only spoke about his Appa and didn't address his parents as a united force.

Baekhyun seemed to understand it as he dipped his head, his forehead pressing against the centre of Chanyeol's ribcage. "Have you gotten your timetable yet? Let me see if we have any classes together!"

"Oh I have a feeling everything will be the exact same." Chanyeol chuckled nervously, having already been told by Katherine that she would make sure that the principal assigned him to all of Baekhyun's classes even if the classes were filled with enough students already. "You're going to have to show me around though, I have to gather my information at the secretary's office but it appears that I have no idea where it is."

Baekhyun let out a laugh, he gently shoved Chanyeol past his locker so that he would have access to his locker. "For now you can put your books in here, at least until we find your locker. Your bag must be filled to the brim, I know how heavy they can be so let's get rid of some of the major ones first before going to the office. We can come back once we get your schedule."

Chanyeol wanted to explain to his mate that the weight of his bag wasn't as bad as he thought it was, but then he realised that it wouldn't appear very human if he was to be able to carry such a heavy load around all day. So without saying anything else Chanyeol unloaded some of the heavier looking books from his backpack and lined them up in front of Baekhyun's, his mate having already gathered his books for his classes. Chanyeol had realised that Baekhyun had Biology and History during the first two periods so he managed to leave those books in his bag, Baekhyun having never realised what his mate was doing.

"Ready?" he asked when he realised that Chanyeol had zipped up his bag and pushed it around so that it was against his back rather than against his torso. Baekhyun offered Chanyeol his hand and once his mate's hand landed in his own Baekhyun pulled him along the hallway, leading him towards the secretary's office to collect Chanyeol's files.

"Why are people staring at us?" Chanyeol wondered when they turned the corner, Baekhyun didn't look too happy as he sent a glance around at the students staring in confusion back at them. He could see the tension rise in Baekhyun's shoulders, but he couldn't say anything until his mate answered his question.

"Because you're you, you're handsome, tall and new to the school. I'm sure that by the end of the week you'll find yourself getting offered positions on the basketball team or the football team, with girls throwing themselves at you in hopes that they get your attention."

By the tone and the lack of eye contact, Chanyeol was able to determine that his mate was jealous. He figured that Baekhyun wanted him all to himself and if he was being honest Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun alone too, probably even a lot more. So with a split second decision he decided that he would show the school just how uninterested he was while also being able to show Baekhyun that he didn't need to feel jealous, because Chanyeol swore that his eyes would never sway from him. He stopped abruptly right outside the office, his eyes scanning the semi-filled hallway before pulling Baekhyun backwards. His mate gasped at the gesture and found himself stumbling into Chanyeol's chest with a laugh escaping his lips, he blinked up at the vampire in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

"You do understand what being soulmates means right?" he asked, his voice lowered so only Baekhyun would be able to hear him. The human froze in his grasp, blinking up at him in innocence. "It means that my heart, body and soul all belong to you. We can communicate through ink on our bodies, which in turn means that we have one of the rarest mate communication traits Baekhyun. You don't have to worry about girls or guys throwing themselves at me because I will stay devoted to you and you alone, I mean I did just transfer to public school for you so the least you could is trust me."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped as he attempted to sprout sentences but Chanyeol was glad to know that his words had made him speechless, using Baekhyun's current state to his advantage the Prince found himself pressing a loving kiss on Baekhyun's forehead before side-stepping him and walking into the office only to be met with the secretary who seemed to know who he was without saying anything.

"Park Chanyeol?" she wondered, her tone lazy as her eyes stayed rooted to the screen of the computer. Chanyeol bowed his head.

"Yes ma'am." he smiled, edging closer to the desk and placed both of his hands down on the cool countertop. The secretary let out a bored sigh before pulling a bunch of files out from various parts around her desk, she combined them together before joining them together with a paper-clip. She placed them down on the counter, not even bothering to give Chanyeol a glance, her lack of interest made the Prince of Darkness smile. He was glad that she wasn't like those hormonal teenagers standing outside in the hallway. "Thank you." he bowed his head again out of respect, his eyes locking on the pages after she waved him off.

Leaving her office Chanyeol would yet again be faced with the never-ending gazes coming from the students of Baekhyun's high school, he should have thought a little more into this than jumping head first into transferring. Yet, when he stepped outside the office and back into the hallway he was met with Baekhyun's eyes. It was like tunnel vision, Byun Baekhyun being the only thing to exist in his universe. Chanyeol's lips instantly turned into a shy grin as he approached the smaller yet again, his schedule held out for him to take.

"Woah," the human gasped, already leading the way towards their shared first period. As Baekhyun's eyes flowed through Chanyeol's schedule, the vampire was well aware of how much Katherine had gone through to make sure that the principal proposed the same schedule as Baekhyun. "we have all the same classes together. That's almost impossible since most of them are already full, surely the teachers were informed and rearranged their things so that you can be welcomed to the classes. In Biology, History and Chinese I have a free seat next to me, would you like to accompany me?"

"I would be honoured, sitting next to you in those classes sounds perfect." Chanyeol found himself admitting without a moment's hesitation, Baekhyun's grin developing into a pretty smile. "Lead the way to our first class together!" he shouted although it seemed like people weren't as interested in him anymore, Chanyeol allowed Baekhyun to hand him back his schedule. They tangled their fingers together and Baekhyun led their way to Biology where Yixing would be waiting for them, unknown to the fact that Chanyeol had transferred.

Chanyeol wished that he had his phone's camera ready to film Yixing's reaction which he knew would have been priceless since he had known the guy since he was four years old (granted he thought he was dead from the age of five on but he didn't think too much into that). He made sure that Baekhyun walked in first so there wouldn't be too much of a suspicion, the human quickly realised what he was doing. He let out a chuckle before announcing his presence to Yixing who was busy writing up some notes on the board which they would probably be discussing throughout class, Chanyeol realised that he had already covered the material at home with Minho when he was sixty-three. The Prince of Darkness was stunned with how much knowledge he knew, at this rate he wondered if the things he knew would be enough to get a job in one of the highest hospitals in the region. Being a vampire however, might put a damper on things. Throwing himself into a situation where he was surrounded with humans wasn't exactly a brilliant move on his part but so far his restraint was working just fine.

"Hey Lay!" Baekhyun's voice was chiper as he guided Chanyeol to their seats up the front of the room, the blood flowing to his cheeks made the vampire wonder if Baekhyun was a little nervous about his usual position in classes. He must have thought Chanyeol saw him as a nerd when in actuality the vampire was finding even more reason to fall in love with his mate.

Taking a seat right next to the window would have made any vampire nervous, but as Chanyeol slid into his chair he knew that the ring on his finger would protect him if the UV rays hit his skin from beyond the buildings surrounding the school.

"Hey Baek, how's school without Wonho ruining it for you?"

"I got quite the surprise this morning," Baekhyun laughed, sitting down next to Chanyeol after allowing his bag to hit the floor next to him, his lower lip was beneath his teeth to prevent the smile spreading on his lips. "something was waiting for me at my locker this morning."

"Oh really?" the teacher turned around but his gaze remained locked on the textbook in his hands, he was using it for the notes he was writing on the board though Chanyeol knew Yixing didn't actually need the book to know what he was talking about, the object a mere prop in his elaborate scheme of fooling the humans. "Well in that case I'm glad!"

The book was discarded onto his desk, his eyes finally lifting to where Baekhyun sat. The look of alarm flashed in his eyes when he realised that someone had taken a seat next to his favoured student, but the second he realised that it was just Chanyeol the tension in his shoulders relented. Instead his eyes widened in surprise and his lips naturally curled up into his teasing grin, the pace of his steps picking up as he made his way over to them.

"What are you doing here?"

"I transferred out of homeschooling," Chanyeol realised that he liked keeping himself brief in moments such as this, any misuse of a word and he would have Baekhyun's open mind spiraling with possibilities as to his origins or species. He knew that he was overthinking the situation but one could never be too sure with the humans living with them in this day and age. Perhaps years ago their secret could be exposed to a group of fifty and it was only on the off chance that at least one of them wouldn't realise it and become scared, now-a-days though was an entirely different group of people. Not in a lot of ways, Chanyeol was sure, but he had read deeply into the internet that there were more than enough crazy people out there that called themselves vampire worshipers. Those poor souls had no idea the monstrosity they unknowingly found themselves devoted to, being a vampire wasn't like what the films and movies had shown. Things were a lot different. Chanyeol just hoped that Baekhyun would be open-minded enough to hear it rather than getting completely terrified. "I wanted to be closer to Baekhyun since I've always found myself too busy."

"You have responsibilities.." Yixing forgot where he was and who he was in front of, Baekhyun didn't know anything about their kind or Chanyeol's princely status. Not really. "Shouldn't you be thinking about them?"

"Let's just say that my responsibilities boarded a plane and got out of the country the second they saw the opportunity." Chanyeol didn't need to put emphasis on any of the words since he could already tell Yixing understood him, the Biology teacher's jaw dropped at the news of Kris' departure.

"Are you kidding me?" Yixing gasped, staring with wide eyes at the prince who also couldn't stop the excitement from bubbling within.

"They won't be back for a month, long enough?" Chanyeol wondered, his left brow raised as he waited for Yixing's answer. His protector took a moment to steady his breath before nodding his head, therefore ending their conversation before Baekhyun began to ask questions. The human looked confused but decided against speaking which in turn made Chanyeol's job a lot easier to do, he hated having to lie on a daily basis to his mate. The person he was supposed to spend forever with.

His heart ached in his chest.

How could he possibly forget?

Baekhyun was human, a human male. Even if Chanyeol wanted to spend his life with him, he wouldn't be able to because Baekhyun wasn't going to come out of the transformation alive, there was just no way. Katherine had lost the man she loved because of her attempt to make him immortal, there was no way that Chanyeol would allow Baekhyun to go through the same torment.

"He's schedule is identical to mine too!" The human squealed, pulling the sheet of paper from the vampire's hand before passing it to Yixing who raised a brow in Chanyeol's direction. "What are the chances of that?!"

"Very low." Yixing chuckled, sending the sheet a glance over before gently resting it back down on the table. "Regardless it's a pleasure to have you here in my classroom Chanyeol, at least now I can keep an eye on both of you rather than just one of you."

The Prince of Darkness knew that Yixing didn't technically need to watch him, but then when his mind ran through the possibilities of an exposure on his part. Chanyeol figured out why.

He was already aware of Baekhyun's bullies, they made his blood run cold whenever he thought about them messing around with his mate. The memory of Baekhyun's beautiful plant drawing displayed on both of their arms being destroyed by these lowlife humans, was definitely cause for Yixing's warning. He figured that if Chanyeol found himself head to head with Wonho and his friends, the vampire wouldn't be able to hold himself back from attempting to kill them (or as Chanyeol would like to think: severely hurt them. But if they happened to die the process he wouldn't mind that too much either).

"So what are you teaching in Biology?" Chanyeol wondered, since the notes on the board seemed to be covering a wide range of topics Baekhyun's class had covered.

"We're moving onto a new chapter today," Yixing explained after letting out a cough, he pulled the textbook from Baekhyun's side of the table towards him and turned to the chapter entitled; Blood & its components. "I hope you're not squeamish about blood Chanyeol."

The Prince of Darkness visibly gulped, his eyes trained on the images of red blood cells and various examples of cuts that littered the entire chapter. The thirst in the back of his throat was probably the most he had ever felt before, however after gripping the beam just below the table Chanyeol released a deep breath, turning to look up at Yixing. "I'll be fine, there is an experiment with this chapter though right?"

"Blood typing," his former protector nodded his head. Yixing was always able to control his thirst better than anyone else in Chanyeol's family, the Prince believed that the current Biology teacher was once a doctor during one of the wars finding himself in the very centre of human blood which just seemed like the most reasonable answer. "it's a part of our course. So I will bring in some equipment and we plan on finding out what people's blood types are as well as some activities like looking at it through a microscope and such."

Chanyeol was having second thoughts about coming here, of course Baekhyun's biology class would just begin a blood chapter when a semi-controlled vampire entered it's doors. What odds did the universe have for that to happen?!

"Are you squeamish about blood Chanyeol?" Baekhyun's tone of voice was worried, although his eyes were curious. Chanyeol pushed away the slight shift in his voice and cleared his throat for better measure, he took a deep breath and shook his head.

"I think that I'll be able to handle it." he tossed a glance in Yixing's reaction, the Biology teacher didn't look convinced but at least Baekhyun believed him. The human stretched his hand across the table and Chanyeol allowed his fingers to fall through his own, Baekhyun tightened his grip ever so slightly trying to reassure his mate that it was okay if he did in fact hate the sight of blood. Chanyeol wanted to laugh, but held it in.

"I find myself squeamish at times," Baekhyun told Yixing mostly, his hand gently rubbing against Chanyeol's knuckles. The Prince of Darkness was unable to stop the smile from spreading on his face as he watched his mate's hand play with his. "I'm fine if it's my own blood but if it's someone else's I can't stand the look of it."

"I guess we have a lot in common then," Chanyeol chuckled, his inside joke only being realised by Yixing who shook his head at the prince's words but Chanyeol could see now badly he wanted to laugh along with him. "No but honestly I think we'll be alright."

"Well I guess I could just take the day off..." Baekhyun suggested, blinking innocently up at Yixing who rolled his eyes. "or at least miss this period."

"You have Biology fourth period on Thursday." Yixing deadpanned, Chanyeol realised that they would be doing the experiment a lot quicker than he thought. He expected that maybe he would have at least a week to settle in and control himself around humans, but now he realised that he would have to get used to smelling their blood before getting to witness it three days from now.

"You know what an early day off sounds like the better option" Chanyeol nodded his head, looking up through his thick eyelashes at Yixing. Hopefully his former protector would realize that maybe Chanyeol wasn't as in control as he appeared to be, it was lucky enough that he was able to sit so close to Baekhyun without cracking. He had to take it slow after propelling himself into high school, the type of risks were endless. "Baekhyun and I will be leaving early on Thursday."

"Oh will you now?" Yixing teased, crossing his arms over his chest as he sent them both a glare. Acting like a parent really didn't suit him, Chanyeol noted that down. Yixing was going to get a surprise when he re-introduces himself back into the family.

"Oh come on Yixing, you know I wouldn't do anything to put Baekhyun in danger. You heard him yourself he's just as squeamish of blood as I am, although he's able to admit to it easier than I can." Chanyeol didn't mean to sound so blunt, but he actually liked the idea of taking the boy out of school early. Maybe they could go on a date, the cinema? Too quiet. The beach? Baekhyun's skin tone suggested that he didn't really enjoy being out in the sunshine. The Mall? Too crowded. Oh! How about the-

"Fine." Yixing announced through a huff. "I'll allow you to do whatever the hell you want just don't distract me during classes today please? I'm going to have the both of you for Chinese later in the day anyway so I'm warning you now."

His glare meant nothing to Chanyeol but to Baekhyun it brought a shiver down the poor boy's spine. Chanyeol was glad that he had taken Jongin's advice and fed before coming to school, the second that the bell rang and the doors opened revealing the students Chanyeol couldn't help but sniff out their blood. When he had been in the hallway with Baekhyun earlier, his attention was solely on his mate. But now as Baekhyun turned to pay attention to the lesson Chanyeol realised how unprepared he was about joining a human school, it just dejected him even more. The fact that Baekhyun was human continued to annoy his brain, but there wasn't anything he could do about that matter anymore. Being able to spend his time with him was more than anything he could wish for, so with a deep breath and a slight squeeze on Baekhyun's hand, the Prince of Darkness pushed the thought away as well as the desires to sink his teeth into any unexpecting students sitting in the rows behind him.

"I can do this" he repeated over and over again in his mind like a mantra. "I have to learn how to co-exist with them if I hope of bringing Baekhyun into my world, slowly and then all at once."

The classes where Baekhyun was no longer his seat-mate were the worst for the self-controlling vampire, in Math class he had been unfortunate to be placed right next to a guy who had gotten a deep flesh wound from a motorbiking accident. By the scent of it alone Chanyeol figured that he had done it sometime on the weekend since the blood still smelt fresh, it didn't help that the dude just didn't know how to stop picking the scab. It was probably around the time for English class that he realized just how important being around Baekhyun was, the human was acting like his anchor to reality, keeping him away from thinking of his desire for blood. He would have to force Jongin and Kyungsoo out hunting before they arrived, he wasn't so sure that they would be able to be as calm around the walking blood-bags like he was trying to be.

"We just have two more periods left." Baekhyun had told him during lunch, Chanyeol ordered the pasta but judging by how it appeared to be swimming in some yellow toned water on his plate he wouldn't be buying anything there again. His mate had been smarter, Baekhyun purchased a company wrapped chocolate chip muffin and went with a bottle of water. Chanyeol didn't like the lack of nutrition in the meal but he couldn't put any blame on his mate, the cafeteria food was disgusting.

The Prince of Darkness was glad that his last class of the day was with Yixing, the former protector did everything he could to keep the student's attention. Chanyeol also noticed (when he turned around to gaze at the other students in the class) that many of the female population were staring at him with puppy eyes, he had to control his laugh from releasing itself when Yixing was explaining a specific Chinese sentence.

"Did you ever realise how stupid some of these girls look when they stare at Lay?" Chanyeol remembered that when speaking with Baekhyun it was easier to address the teacher by his more modern name, he kept his voice low. He knew that Yixing was still able to hear them but he played it off as mere whispers that all his students did, thinking he didn't notice them or their topic of conversation.

Baekhyun's brows furrowed for a moment before his gaze casually floated through the room, he unlike Chanyeol wasn't able to prevent the laugh from sprouting from his lips. Although thankfully Yixing seemed to have seen where this was going and released a loud cough into his sleeve, the girls looked on in concern for their favourite teacher while Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried so hard to prevent themselves from bursting into laughing fits all over again. They were worried that their favourite teacher is sick, Chanyeol didn't have the heart to tell them that it was physically impossible that that could happen.

"What are your plans for after school?" Baekhyun whispered back after some time had passed, his eyes were locked on the white-board but his body was leaning more towards Chanyeol's side of the table. The Prince considered it for a moment before shrugging his shoulders.

"I was planning on going home, do you have a better idea?" Chanyeol's low voice made Baekhyun notice just how close their faces were, their gazes locked and the human's cheeks flared at the sight of Chanyeol's lips so close.

"Well I was wondering if maybe we could go out to the library and I could help you get up to date with everything, since we're in the same classes it will be beneficial for me too!" Baekhyun's voice seemed really excited and Chanyeol hated to dampen his mood but he had to go home, there was no way that he could be completely alone with Baekhyun now after the scent of blood practically filled the entire school right now. He was only composed now because he was with his mate, but being alone completely with Baekhyun wasn't the wisest choice.

Yixing let out a chuckle almost as if he was reading Chanyeol's thoughts but the Prince knew better than to believe that, Yixing had heard what Baekhyun said and knew exactly what problems he was facing. The Prince turned his head to glare at his former protector but the teacher merely shrugged his shoulders, playing off to the rest of the classes that the laugh came from some funny sentence on the board written in Chinese.

"I appreciate your offer Baekhyun but I have to decline it, at least just for today maybe we can arrange something tomorrow? I could take you out for an early dinner, would you like that?" Chanyeol thought it best to avoid the topic of his 'school level' knowledge, because chances were that the Prince would be able to teach his mate the exact same way Yixing was.

Baekhyun's cheeks flared at Chanyeol's desperate attempt to make it up to him, he was glad that Kyle wasn't going to need him this week because Chanyeol's presence was all he would be able to focus on. "That's fine Channie, I'm really excited now."

The Prince's lips pulled upwards when he realised how innocent the human looked now that he had shifted back onto his own side of the table, he was placing himself into dangerous water by inviting Baekhyun out after school tomorrow but he figured that he could take the chances. They've been alone before but that wasn't when Chanyeol was aware of the blood pumping through people's veins like he was right now, the quicker he could get home the better.

It took a moment for him to fully register Baekhyun's words.

"Channie?"

"Oh I'm sorry," Baekhyun gushed, his hands pressing against his heating cheeks. He was embarrassed, Chanyeol figured this was his favourite look on Baekhyun so far. "it just came out without me even thinking about it-"

"I like it" Chanyeol admitted, tilting his head in his mate's direction although his eyes stayed on Yixing who was more than likely listening to their conversation even though he acted like he was writing out more exercises for the students to do. "I just wasn't expecting it."

"Shall I warn you next time?" Baekhyun wondered, though his tone was teasing. 

"Nah," Chanyeol shook his head, letting a quiet chuckle out of his mouth. "I like being surprised by you." 

"Well in that case-" Chanyeol's jaw hung open after he felt Baekhyun's puckered lips press against his cheek, releasing it with a soft 'pop'. "you're welcome." The bell rang before Yixing could give them homework, the teacher's lips pressed together when he noticed Chanyeol's shocked expression the moment he turned back to his class. The students were clearing off the tables and were desperate to get out of the classroom before their teacher could change his mind on the homework. Baekhyun being one of the students that stood up after clearing his desk, his cheeks were the reddest Yixing had ever seen. Chanyeol figured that the elder would have a talk with Baekhyun later while they were on their way home. Baekhyun wished them both a good evening before he left to go to his locker, Chanyeol having spent five minutes of his lunchtime moving his books into his own locker (which thankfully wasn't too far from Baekhyun's). 

"So, how was your first day?" Yixing wondered, leaning with his two hands onto Chanyeol's table. The Prince had gotten his senses back the moment the humans had left the room, taking with them their scent of blood and everything else that was driving Park Chanyeol insane. "Couldn't have been easy, but judging by the look on your face you lost some of that self-control?"

"I have new found respect for you," Chanyeol blurting, staring with wide eyes at his old friend. "before I could be alone with him and have no problem with my thirst but the hell just happened?"

"Baekhyun is your mate, you physically can't do any harm to him. It's a part of our DNA, the last thing we want to do is hurt our mates that extends to biting your very human mate. You haven't surrounded yourself with as many humans before, even at the café which probably only held thirty to forty people at a time? This school has probably about two hundred, three?"

"I regret everything" Chanyeol huffed, his hand banging loudly on the table. If he wasn't a vampire that would have definitely given him a concussion, since Yixing was used to being around humans he patted the boy on the shoulder knowing how twisted his brain worked.

"Baekhyun doesn't seem to think so," Yixing sighed, he walked around the table and sat himself down in Baekhyun's seat. He figured they would need to be close for this conversation, maybe the close proximity between friends would help the worried Prince. "he's probably still trying to digest the fact that you transferred out of your castle tutoring to be with him." 

"It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be," Chanyeol couldn't help but direct the conversation for that moment. "I was already telling everything to Katherine because Suho was too tired and upset after Nana's passing. She was the whole reason that my Appa even allowed me to come here when he's afraid that Kris could come home any minute, between the both of us we know that won't happen since it's China that he went to-"

"China?" Yixing hummed, his eyes trailed off the Prince's face and landed on the table. "At Lust Shot right? I doubt he'll even return by next month, though I can see why your Appa is hesitant to send you away isn't there a warrant out for your head in the underworld now?"

"The rebels have put that warrant on my head since I've been born, they don't like the idea of me being on the throne. Apparently they think that Kris has a good idea with all his -crazed meetings with anything with a pulse, I don't see what they like about him. Kris hasn't done anything for our community, he has his favourites with the rich and whoever offers their wife or husband to him. I wouldn't even want to have a claim to the throne but I wouldn't allow Kris to bend Jongin for it, no matter how much my brother doesn't want it Kris may force him to take it if I turn it down and that's the last thing I want for him. Jongin doesn't want the throne, he just wants a title and I will do whatever I can for him to achieve his happiness. But he's told me and Kyungsoo that if he ever came for the throne it wouldn't be his decision, he would be forced to take it from our father. I made it adamant of accepting the council's decision for me to take the throne so that Kris wouldn't pressure anyone else to take it."

"Kris never wanted to come off the throne" Yixing explained in careful words to his former employer's son, he took a deep breath trying to select his next few words carefully. "he would always tell us how he planned to remain on it for eternity once his father willingly stepped down, but I'm sure you know the story of how your grandfather died."

Chanyeol nodded his head, it happened just a couple months before he was born. Apparently his grandfather had been murdered in his holiday home with his wife, the council had no choice but to hand the throne over to Kris who had been surprised about receiving it so soon

"Then when you were born, one of the council members told him that when you were of age you would be given the throne just like he had been regardless of the fact that he had to wait until his father died. That situation doesn't apply to you, the council saw you fit for the throne the moment Suho held you in his arms Chanyeol. I highly doubt that -even if you gave up the claim- the council would allow Kris to name a successor, whether it was someone like Jongin or not. I believe that they were hesitant with giving your dad the throne because they knew how he would be, since his parents forced his marriage with Suho."

"I still don't understand that," Chanyeol sighed, rubbing against his temples. "why were they married off to each other when everyone knows how much vampires value their mates."

"I guess it was because they had no other option?" Yixing shrugged his shoulders, as much as he loved Suho he had to respect the fact that he held more power than him. "Suho's family was one of the richest in Asia and the council were adamant on finding Kris a wife so that when the time came he would have already created a family for the vampires all over the world to look up to. They realised their mistake after he took control of the kingdom and that's why they're hoping that you will be different, you will have your mate when the time is right."

"I will have a very human mate when the time is right" Chanyeol laughed with no humour present in his voice. "I've already asked Katherine about her experience with male transformation and it wasn't the prettiest thing I heard that day. I won't be the cause of Baekhyun losing his mind."

"Don't you think that you'll do that anyway?" Yixing questioned, his brows furrowed in the centre of his forehead. "Chanyeol, you're going to have to welcome him into our world eventually. You can't just leave him behind and find someone else to marry because we both know how that worked out, he'll eventually understand and then you'll have to explain that he won't be able to be turned into a vampire because of his gender. Don't you think that it would make him lose his mind knowing that he can't be with you for eternity? That you will outlive him? He'll continue to grow and age but you'll still remain the same every day."

"I don't know what to do Yixing," Chanyeol nearly cried, the tears welling up in his eyes now. He knew that he would never be able to truly be with Baekhyun because he was human, how the universe allowed that plan was just cruel. A vampire falling in love with a human was a doomed faith to begin with, but falling in love with a human male that was even worse. Chanyeol let out a tear in frustration, he desperately clawed at his hair to find some sort of answer to the problem but it was no use. There wasn't one. "how can I live when all my life I've been waiting to meet him?"

"Chanyeol I remember the day you first caught a glimpse of him, you know how young vampires are able to see through their mate's eyes. You did, you saw a bunch of metal bunk beds that has to mean something. Add that to the fact that you never have felt your soulmate die and you have a crazy, confusing, unbelievable concoction. Baekhyun might not be entirely human persay, but he does appear that way the same way you and I are able to stand in this classroom among the other humans."

"You sound like you've given this a lot of though.."

"I won't deny that," Yixing shook his head, his fingers linking together as his gaze turned back to the vampire. "but ever since you've turned up in my life again it definitely had me doing some research. Baekhyun hurts himself a lot and I've given him my blood in disguise of carbonated drinks, just a few drops so that he doesn't completely notice. It heals the bruises and the neck marks from two weeks ago but my blood is only a fraction of what heals him, I've noticed it before. He cut himself and the wound scarred over within the matter of minutes though, granted, it didn't fully go away as quickly as it would have if I gave him some of my blood." 

"So he heals quickly, what else have you got that's even remotely related to vampires?" Chanyeol deadpanned, he was intrigued by what his former protector knew but fast healing wasn't enough to convince him. 

"He's a little sensitive to bright sunlight, he prefers when it rains." Yixing stated, probably just beginning his long list of things Baekhyun had that was different from other humans. 

"Okay that one isn't that concrete because plenty of humans either sneeze or their eyes water when they step into direct sunlight. What else did you get?"

"He's too clued in" trust Yixing to save the best for last. Chanyeol leaned forward on the table, ready to take the rest of the information in. "he's not like other humans, he catches on to things pretty easily. He says that he always has feelings about something and if they intend to come true he wallows in it for a bit, then always finds something else to do. He reads a lot and I know that's not a bad thing but Baekhyun's favourite genre is supernatural, it's like his senses are heightened all the time or he over analyzes things that shouldn't make sense to him. He begged me to tell him if I was gay or not because he always just assumed I was when we met, before he even knew anything about me."

"You're just easy to read," Chanyeol jokes, bumping his shoulder off Yixing. The teacher wasn't used to having been around a vampire in a long time, Kyle never got touchy with him long enough to have a constant conversation with him. So it wasn't really a surprise when he tumbled out of the chair and onto the floor from Chanyeol's playful action. "but I won't deny that. But honestly dude, you practically scream gay."

"I don't know if I feel offended about that thought or not..." Yixing huffed as he stood himself back up, he straightened out his back a couple of his bones cracking back into place after standing for so long today. "Anyway, let me bring the conversation back to the original topic for a minute. Just keep everything focused on Baekhyun, he's your mate and even though he's human you won't cause him harm or do harm in his presence because he's a human and he wouldn't be able to handle the extent you go to when killing rebels." 

"You are never going to let me live that down are you?"

"Did you think ripping their entire bodily guts from their bodies? Did you have to spray paint the wall with their blood while ripping their heads off? And then of course did you really have to light their asses on fire?"

"They got close to Baekhyun, I didn't want them getting away that easily just so they could tell others. I feel like justice was served."

"Justice?" Yixing let out a laugh. "There wasn't any justice you needed to fulfil they didn't do Baekhyun any harm." 

"They could have," the Prince of Darkness pouted, taking a deep breath before gathering his things up. He needed to go home now if he wanted to catch Kyungsoo and Jongin before dinner, the two of them weren't seen before dinner so there was no point in talking with them until the following morning. They were both in love with food and would straight into a food coma after dinner, they would sleep through the night if they could. But it depended on the night and the food. "but that's besides the point. I would do anything I can in my power to protect Baekhyun." 

Yixing seemed to notice that the Prince was getting himself ready to go home so he stood up from Baekhyun's seat and led him to the doorway. "I plan on coming to see Suho, sometime soon. I just don't know how to do it because like you said he thinks I'm dead, it would be quite the shock to just show up in front of him looking very much alive."

"I could always tell him that you're alive, that is. I understand the pain you are feeling being away from him and I know the constant pain he suffers ever since he believed that you were dead. I can approach the subject and maybe he'll come to find you, or we can organise a time where we can meet up and let you two catch up preferably not in public." 

"If you can find a suitable time to tell him than by all means do, but if you can't then don't worry I will find some time away from my job and visit. Maybe I could come home with you one of the days?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol agreed, walking into the hallway with his bag strap hanging on his shoulder. "that sounds perfect. Get home safe today Yixing, I'll see you tomorrow."

The hallways were deserted when Chanyeol left the school, he was glad that he hadn't taken his car with him today since he was really looking forward to running home. He had quite a bit to go before the bottom of the hill where the vampire territory began but never-the-less he took to his feet and ran to his heart content, everything blurring in the corner of his eye. 

When he stood outside the walls of Wu castle, Chanyeol found himself grimacing at the sight of it. The castle walls were stone black, he was generally curious as to how there was no way he could see it in the human territory. Shaking his head as the gates opened automatically, Chanyeol mentally prepared himself for the endless questions he was going to get thrown by Katherine and his younger brother. 

"There you are, so how was it?" Katherine bombarded her son with a wide smile on her lips, she was clearly excited to hear all the details. 

"Jongin was right to tell me to feed before I went this morning, the whole school smelt like walking blood banks. I developed a lot of self-control thanks to Baekhyun who didn't even realise what he was doing, he was so happy to see him and he was even more excited when he realised that I had transferred for him. He was surprised that my class schedule lined up so easily with his own so he was desperate to show me around, the lunch food there is horrible by the way and definitely won't be wasting my money on that again." 

Katherine followed the Prince as he travelled through the living room and further into the house until he arrived at the kitchen where Jongin and Kyungsoo just happened to be cooking up some pasta, the memory of the pasta swimming in yellowish liquid from the school cafeteria had Chanyeol's stomach churning in disgust. He wouldn't be joining them eating tonight. 

"When can we meet this Baekhyun?" Katherine gushed, her hands pressing against Chanyeol's shoulders once he had placed his school bag down on the counter (away from Kyungsoo's ingredients). 

"I haven't really thought much about it to be honest.." he admitted through a sigh, he was tired after having to control himself with the amount of blood he smelt today. "I'll let you know when though so you won't be surprised when I bring him up to our front door."

"Let it be this month" Katherine hissed, pointing her manicured finger at Chanyeol's nose, out of reflex he crunched it. "Kris will be back next month so we have to get to know him before then!"

"She's just upset that we'll be meeting him first" Jongin jokes, his tongue swiping across his lower lip as he walks over to his brother and his mother. Kyungsoo stayed against the cooker with his back to them, but Chanyeol could tell from his raised shoulders that he was now listening to the conversation. "how does tomorrow sound bro?"

"Fine," Chanyeol nodded his head, plucking some grapes off the stem from the fruit bowl in front of him. "But you better stock up on blood before we go. The whole school smells like a blood bank, it took a lot out of me from losing my control."

"Thanks for the tip!" Jongin's eyes were wide, he hadn't expected his elder brother to say something like that. Kyungsoo however, seemed to know what to expect. 

"We can get up early in the morning and go hunting before school, nothing too hectic." 

"That's if we even fall asleep tonight" Chanyeol deadpanned, looking between his brother and Kyungsoo. Katherine released a laugh, stalking over to the fridge to pour herself a glass of apple juice. "We have a lot to talk about before you arrive tomorrow, have you looked at your schedules?"

"We share the same Math and English class with you guys," Kyungsoo answered, since he was using Jongin as a taste tester for their dinner. "besides that you'll have Baekhyun all to yourself in the other classes. Say could we join you for lunch tomorrow?"

"Only if you're the one making it" Chanyeol shivered at the thought of having to pay for that garbage again, it wasn't like he didn't have money to spend he just wasn't going to spend it on food that tasted horrible. "wouldn't you be excited for him to taste your food, get a proper unbiased decision on your food?"

Kyungsoo's eyes sparkled at the thought, Jongin sent his elder brother a glare. There was no way that Kyungsoo would be sleeping tonight, the poor boy was going to be up all night trying to decide what would be the best recipe to make for Baekhyun's approval. Chanyeol merely shrugged his shoulders, his teeth preventing a smile from developing on his lips after Jongin's meaningless glare. 

"They are also going to be doing blood testing in Biology on Thursday, Baekhyun actually managed to get the both of us out of it. We both are going to be dismissed before the period so we won't have to see it or take part, I'm going to bring him out for an early dinner."

"You could always bring him here!" Katherine chimed from the fridge, she was pushing the apple juice back into its place next to the cranberry and orange. "We could cook for him and he would be able to meet Suho and I!"

"I'll think about it" Chanyeol decided with a nod in his Eomma's general direction, he figured he best got to his bedroom to start on his homework assignments. Apparently it wasn't just Biology that Chanyeol had advanced in, the Prince was actually surprised that he knew all the course material all ready, having done it before his one hundredth birthday. "I'll see you guys later, I have some stuff to do for tomorrow."

The three of them waved their hands and wished him a goodnight in case they were asleep when he decided to come out of his room later that night. Chanyeol's mood instantly lightened when he remembered the peck his mate applied to his cheek before he rushed out of the classroom claiming that he would see him tomorrow bright and early for their English class. 

Chanyeol set himself down on his study table in his room, his school bag finding a place on his bed that was right next to the desk. He figured that starting off with Biology was the best decision since the quicker he got the blood chapter over the easier it would be to get through the others. With a nod of confidence, Chanyeol pulled the textbook from his bag and opened it onto the page they had stopped at in class. He can do this for Baekhyun.