Ch.2 - The locket

Strings Entangled

         Byulie entered the villa. She didn't bother asking about her dad because she knew he must be busy. A maid approached her and offered to take her to her room. 

"We've cleaned the room as you were coming today. It took you really long to come here again" she said.

"Butler Lee, don't try to be my mom" Byulie snapped back. She looked like she was even allergic to sweet words.

"Tell Mom I'll visit her later"

        Byulie threw herself on the bed once she was left alone. She looked at the ceiling to find the star stickers. The room was as it was seven years ago. All of her childhood pictures were decorated on the walls. She then called Butler Lee again.

"Give me my apartment keys"

"But Agassi that..."

"Don't worry, I won't visit without Yong. Just give me the keys."

     Ms.Lee was reluctant to handover the keys. She knew how Byulie had trapped all of her emotions in that small apartment. But she was helpless. She reluctantly handed the keys to Byulie.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 *agasshi - Young lady
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


     Wheein was unsure about her feelings. Was she happy that two of her best friends just returned after a long time? Or was she afraid of facing them again? Or was she unsure if they'd ever be the same again. Ever since Byulie and Hyejin broke up, the four of them had been torn apart. That day she lost a caring Unnie, a deep crush and her happy friend. Though their relationship turned out like this, she knew Hyejin was happiest when she was with Byulie. Ever since that day, Hyejin cried....every night. When she was alone in her bed, she missed that warmth. She missed the person who loved her the most in this world. But all she could do was cry, because she chose this. She left her and life was never the same.

     Remembering all those moments were painful. Eventhough they were not the ones included, it affected all of them. She could imagine how Yongsun would've spent all these years taking care of Byulie. These moments that she'd witnessed somehow made her afraid of loving someone. For the last five years she've never dated anyone. She chosed to date Art, spend time with childhood friends, family and of course occasional sleepovers at Hyejin's. On days they'd just talk, watch movies and spend the whole day together. Just spending time together was the most effective communication to them. They never needed words anyways.

     Keeping aside the coffee mug, she looked around, "Okay, I can't keep my date waiting right! Let's get to work"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    

    Ms.Lee went to Byulie's room to ask her to have dinner, but Byulie was nowhere to be found. She remembered giving her the keys and so she immediately called Yongsun.

"Yongsun-sshi, I think there's a problem. I handed the apartment keys to agasshi because she said she'd visit with you. Are you with her? She's not in her room."

"What! You gave her the keys. Oh my god you should've told me. She didn't call me. I'll go there right now. Please don't say anything to Mr.Moon!"

    Oh my god Byul-ah what are you trying to do!


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

    As Hyejin finished her dinner, she went to do the dishes. Omg the neck pain was killing her. Somehow she finished all of it and went to the bedroom. Lying down she held her neck, "Ahh...I wish I could get some massages". She hated this, she hated how such trivial things would remind her of Byulie. How Byulie's massages were the best in the world. She reached to the pillow and pulled out the locket from under the pillow. The heart shaped locket with a picture of Hyejin and Byulie inside it, Hyejin held it tight in her palm as she lied on the pillow.


      "What happened baby? Does it pain too much?"

      "Mmmm just a bit"

      "Ahh...come here, lay down here I'll give you a massage."

      Taking Hyejin's head on her lap, Byulie started massaging the back of her neck,"Haven't I told you not to overwork yourself. You and Yong never listen. I get that you want to work hard to acheive your dream, but baby while acheiving all of this your happiness matters too. Your health matters too. Please take care."

      "I don't need to do that, I'm the happiest as long as you're with me and the healthiest as long as I have your massages, and that is forever"

      "And you blame me for being greasy. Ahn Hyejin you really don't have a consciense, do you?"

      "Well, you can't blame me, I just learned from the best!" said Hyejin as she snuggled closer to Byul's waist.

 

 

 

As Hyejin closed her eyes and tried to sleep, a tear rolled from the corner of her eyes. Yes life would never be the same without you, Moon Byulie. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


     Yong rushed to the door of the apartment, she entered the passcode 2307, it has always been that. The living room was empty, so was the kitchen. For an apartment abandoned for five years, it was quite clean. As she entered the bedroom, she saw Byul curled up, knees pulled to her chest, laying on the floor at the side of the bed. She was sobbing....no crying.....crying her heart out as she clutched the locket in her palm, heart shaped with a picture of Byulie and Hyejin inside it.