Ch.4 - Worthless

Strings Entangled

As Yongsun entered the living room, she found Yonghee Unnie sitting on the couch waiting for her. As she spotted Yongsun, she squealed with delight and hugged her. She was meeting her after an year. 

"Where'd you go at this hour? You just came here, take some rest"

"Actually, I went to check up on Byulie since she visited her apartment suddenly", Yong's face looked tired. More than that, she looked upset about something.

"Ohh...so how is she? Did you send her home?"

"Yea Unnie, I called a cab for her and drove myself home. About her condition, I don't exactly know how to feel...", Yonghee could tell from her face that something was bothering her. She asked the younger to sit beside her.

"Tell me, what are you worried about?" she softly asked.

"Well, of course I'm happy now that she's able to control herself but it feels like she didn't control her emotions, she just threw them out of herself. I've known her for the past 10-11 years and I really miss her. I miss the old Byulie, who cared for everyone, loved everyone a lot...although this love led her to stop loving herself ....still she was happy, she cried, smiled, laughed...she felt emotions. Over these years she's become rude, impatient and quite selfish. I mean of course we should be a little selfish, but she doesn't look around anymore. And more than anything, this makes me feel guilty, because I decided to keep her away from here", tears filled to the rim of her eyes as she was explaining about all of this.

"Yong, it's not your fault"

"I don't know unnie, I just miss that old Byul who'd wear workout sweatpants, oversized t-shirts and baseball caps, the one who followed me around and irritated me till I'd hit her, who'd throw tantrums and hug me whenever she was nervous. As she changed her appearance, she's seemed to change her heart too."

   Yonghee Unnie was quite good with words, she'd always help Yongsun get up whenever life made her fall. This was what made their bond stronger as sisters. She spoke up, "You know Yong, not everything that happens is because someone did it. Some things happen even if we don't mean to turn them that way. You did whatever you thought was the best for her and now she's gonna face the world. Thanks to you, she wasn't lonely all these years. Maybe, even if you didn't do anything, things would've turned this way. No one knows. But there's one thing I want you to remember, this is what I've realised over the years. Whatevar happens, happens for the good. Sounds crazy, but it really does. Maybe not now, but in the long run it will, less or more but something good will definitely come out of it. So just take care of yourself and the people you care. Time will take care of you all."

     As she finished talking, she noticed Yongsun was leaning on her shoulders. She looked very tired. She spoke up after mumbling a small 'hmm', "Unnie, thank you. This may sound too short, but just know that I'm very thankful to you and I love you. Thank you for being my support always."

"Yaah, enough with the grease, I love you too. You gotta sleep now else you'll look like a zombie at work tommorrow."

"You're talking about work ha, no wonder you selfish CEO!"

"Of course, I don't wanna see the graphs moving downward. So you better work your off!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 


    So finally, it was the day, the day Byulie was going to leave her own space and show herself to the world. She was getting ready. She paired a white shirt with red trousers, a red tie and a red waistcoat. All of this was topped with a red jacket. She was satisfied as she checked herself in the mirror and a past memory crossed her mind.


Unnie, why don't you try wearing a suit? I think it would look awesome, let's try once.

Leave it Hyehin-ah, they look so uncomfortable and suffocating. These t-shirts are much better. I don't like those flashy suits, moreover I'm handsome anyways, how better can a suit do!

Well, it was a waste of time trying to persuade you, you're so stubborn unnie.

And you love that, Honey.


    As Byulie looked in the mirror she said,"I'm wearing a suit Hyejin-sshi. Will you look at me now?"

She smirked at her reflection and left for the press conference.

    

   "Welcome, everyone! Today is a very significant day for Moon group of companies as Chairman Moon's eldest daughter, Ms.Moon Byulie has returned from the US after getting her degree in Business Administration. Today, we are very pleased to welcome her to this huge family of thousands of employees. We would now like to ask Chairman Moon to make the important announcements."

The hall was filled with reporters and some of the most prominent industrialists. Byul's father walked to the center of the stage and smiled to the audience. He was a quite well-known personality in the business field. But everyone knew, he was one cold human being. While establishing this huge business, he had to let go of lots of things and so he loved his company more than anything else.

   "Firstly, I take great pleasure to welcome all of you to this great evening. Today I feel like a proud father and a succesful businessman as I introduce my eldest daughter to this industry and so I have some important announcements to make. As of today, Ms.Moon Byulie will be taking over Starship Entertainment which is a part of Moon group of companies. She will soon be a shareholder of Moon technologies which is now under my management. I hope she can help Starship grow under her management and provide the best of her services. I wish her and all the employees all the very best. Thank you everyone!"

"Thank you so much, Chairman Moon for this wonderful news! Now may I ask Ms.Moon Byulie to express her views and her plans for the future of Starship Entertainment"

  As her name was called, Byulie smiled at all the reporters and took over the center stage.

"First of all, I'd like to thank the Board of Directors who trusted me and gave me this opportunity. Then, I'd like to thank all my dear employees who're now going to be my constant support. Honestly, when I decided to take over Starship, I have had quite big plans since then. As I lived in N.Y, I've realised how K-pop and Hallyu culture has a very increasing fanbase over the world. The quality of our contents and diversity in ideas is something thich can absolutely help us go global. And so I've decided to bring more exposure to the Hallyu wave. There are a lot of talented artists in our country and it's time for us to dream big. We would love to encourage more global collaborations and projects. So I'd like to ask all of you to help me, help us, our country to acheive this feat, so that artists of the Hallyu wave would be known as not only Korean stars but International artists. Thank you everyone."

   As soon as she finished her speech, the auditorium was filled with applause. The employees could see something new coming their way and they were excited. As Byulie took her seat, her father turned to look at her and mouthed a "Well done". Byulie was determined. She had to prove the world that she wasn't hopeless. She wanted to prove someone that she wasn't worthless.