Ch.3 - Start and End

Strings Entangled

Nine years ago


   Yongsun protested as she was being dragged by Byulie.

"But tell me what's the harm in joining a club? It's not some drug or mafia club, just an Art club!"

"But why should I join, why do you wanna join?"

"Seulgi has been asking me to join since 3 days. She'd be very upset if I refuse. And you know I can't do this without you."

"But Byul-ah, you know I'm shy around new people"

"Not more than me , Unnie" said Byul convincingly," also you won't be alone, Joohyun sunbae is joining too. You're childhood friends. Isn't this good?"

"You sure, this is not the reason why Seulgi wants to join?" asked Yong.

"Of course, it is! But Yong we'll be together. Also you sing so good. Please agree to this" pleaded Byul as she looked at Yongsun with puppy eyes.

"Ahhh...okay"


   The club room was filled with people from different years of study all gathered to have events related to performing arts. As Byulie was walking towards Yong, she was so engrossed in her phone that she accidently bumped into a girl standing nearby. The girl's phone tossed out of her hand and fell on the floor with the screen hitting the ground. Oops, there was a scratch.

   Byul immediately started apologising. She bent down and said sorry. But the girl didn't look pleased at all.

"Your sorry can't repair the scratch right" she said irritatingly.

"I'm so sorry, I'll pay for that!"

"Let it be. I don't want to be compensated for such a small thing. I'm not that cheap. Just know that sorry can't turn things around, so be careful" saying so she walked through the crowd to another part of the room.

"Ahn Hyejin, why can't you just take the money!" screamed the girl in her head.


   As Byul reached Yongsun she told her about the not so ordinary girl she just met. She pointed to another corner of the room to show her the girl. Yong turned to look at her, ohh she had a strong impression. But the girl beside her....

   A fair girl, brown haired, a bit longer than shoulder length, not too tall, quite a petite figure and she was smiling. Her smile looked so pure, so precious as a cute dimple showed up on her cheeks. Yongsun was so engrossed in observing the details that she didn't notice the petite girl looking straight at her. As they both looked at each other, it was as if none of them wanted to break the spell first. Then suddenly, someone covered Yong's eyes with their palm.

"Guess who it is ?"

"Bae Joohyun, I've been hearing this irritating voice since childhood!"

Yong turned around and the two shared a laugh.

   Her laugh is really adorable. What a squirtle, thought the petite girl to herself.

"Wheein-ah who are you smiling at" asked the not so ordinary girl, Ahn Hyejin.

"Ahh nothing...I just remembered a joke"

  


  The first meet had ended with all members singing or performing a line or two. It was quite fun to know people with same interests. Hyejin decided to visit the library to borrow some books while Wheein headed to her lecture hall. Searching through some racks she finally noticed the book she wanted. She tried to reach the top rack but she was unable to get it. Just then, she felt someone walking behind her and trying to pull out the book she wanted. She looked at the person who was dangerously close to her right now. She could feel the scent of that person as she breathed in finding the person looking at her.

"You should ask someone for help. Maybe Sorry can't change things but a person who's sorry may always help and try to compensate for the wrong."

"You're not much taller tho" said Hyejin without leaving those eyes.

"I think I am, maybe by 1cm?" said Byul as she smiled at Hyejin.

 

 

 

Five years ago

 


"I can't do this anymore Byulie Unnie. This is suffocating me. I can't see us like this. I'm leaving."

"Hyejin-ah you can't leave like this. I'll die."

"Why are you being like this, Unnie!"

"I love you, Hyejin-ah. I can't live without you!"

"No Unnie. Don't. This love....your love...it's toxic..."