Ch.1 - Coming Back

Strings Entangled

Five years....that was a really long time. Even if they didn't admit, they missed their homeland a lot. From teokbokki to kimchi, both of them were Korean food lovers and it took them long to adapt to the foreign lifestyle. After living in NY all these years, they breathed a satistied breath as they landed in their motherland.

"Ahh finally we're back", said Yongsun "isn't it so good to be here again" Yongsun tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"What's so good, all of these places are the same, until I get my kimchi" said Byul with a stern expression.

Eventhough, Yongsun tried to behave lightly, deep down she was worried to the hell about how things would turn out now that they've returned. Will everything be normal? Is Byul ready to be here again? Well, she did agree that she wanted to come back. But the fear was still evident.

     Just then, as if reading her mind, Byul said "Yong, I'm fine and you don't need to think about this now. Just go home and relax."

Byul's father had sent his driver to pick both of them up from the airport. They sat in the car and the rest of the ride was a silent one due to the exhaustion from the flight.

   For someone who had last seen Byul five years ago, she'd look totally different. Not just the outfits but also her attitude and behaviour. It looked as if it was someone else's soul in her body. Over these years, she became more confident, outgoing but also arrogant. While turning her shy self into the smart one, it happened unknowingly. She looked like she had a stone in the heart's place. Feelings didn't matter to her anymore. All she knew was she will take whatevar she wants. People's feelings or emotions didn't matter to her anymore.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   "Yess...Hwasa-sshi, this will be the last one!"

   "And done!"

The 4-hour long photoshoot had finally come to an end. 

   "Thank you everyone for your hardwork!", greeting everyone Hyejin prepared to leave. She was dead tired after attending 2 long events and all she could think right now was to throw herself in her bed.

   "Hyejin-ah, what should I get you for dinner? We can get it on our way" asked her manager also unnie, Sujin.

   "Naah Unnie, I'll cook something for myself"

   "Wahhh, Hallyu Queen Hwasa cooks dinner to herself after a tiring day huhh"

   "Oh cmon, Unnie you know I never compromise when it comes to food. Also I have some recipe I wanted to try. I'll try that."

   "Ahh Ahn Hyejin will be Ahn Hyejin!", Sujin knew she couldn't argue with this foodie dongsaeng.

   "It's been long since Wheein and I had food together, let's see if she's free" saying so Hyejin called Wheein, her best friend, her soul sister. She picked up the call.

   "Uhh Hyejin, it's me"

   "Are you free tonight? Wanna come over for dinner? There's this new recipe of chicken feet I wanted to try!"

   "Ahhh....as much as I'd love it, I gotta complete my works soon. They've to be presented at Saturday's exhibition. I'm sorry but I don't think I can come over tonight"

   "Someone's thinking about pulling an all-nighter. Well, it's all right. Let me know when you are free, I'll try to make some time"

  "Sure Hyejin-ah. Goodnight then"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  
   Wheein took a look around her studio and realised that she really need to pull an all-nighter. Bracing herself to the harsh reality, she reached the rack and prepared some instant cofee for herself. Taking a sip of the hot coffee, she decided to read some news. Among the bunch of articles, a particular one caught her attention.

   The CEO of Moon group of companies is soon to welcome their eldest daughter to the family business as she's said to arrive in Korea soon.

   "Woww...it's great how I get to know wherabouts of people I know, from the news articles" sighed Wheein "I just hope she's okay. Wait, does that mean Yongsun Unnie's back too?" wondered Wheein.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  "Ahhh....home, smells so good", Yong threw herself on her couch. She was damn tired and wanted to sleep as soon as possible. Yonghee Unnie had informed that she'd be late and that she'd prepared dinner for her already.

   Okay, let's wash up, have the food and sleep, figured Yongsun. Yongsun was among those people who liked to think clearly. Thinking upon a task, figuring it's details, maintain records and execute steps to complete the tasks with perfection, this is how Yongsun works out everything. She liked to be particular about small details and this was one of the reasons why she was among the best in her profession. Well, being a Executive Director was no tiny task. Though the company was owned by Yonghee Unnie and a friend of her's, Yonghee made sure Yongsun was capable enough to do justice to her position. And Yongsun just never dissappointed her.

   She walked to her bedroom and turned to look at her study desk. People may call her a nerd if they know this but her favourite part of her room was her study desk. It was a space of her own and she had many memorable memories with that desk. She rested herself on the chair and pulled the second drawer. There laid a small letter with flowers drawn on the corners, lines written with colourful ink. As she wandered her eyes through the piece of paper, it amazed her how she'd memorized every word of that letter even if it was five years since she last read it. Taking the letter in her hand, she stared a bit longer where the letter ended and was signed by the sender.


                                 -from Yongsun's angel Wheein