Chapter 4- I Spy with My Little Eye

Love Lessons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Decent amount of fluff ahead.

Also, I changed the apartment to a condominium just for plot purposes. I changed it in the first chapter. Basically a condominium is something you already own but an aparment is for rent. I made additions to the guide so check it out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, stay still!"

"Yah! Stop resting your arm on my head"

"Duck your head, string bean.."

''Ya'll let me see."

"Hah! I win, losers. I'll pick up Eunbi and Kkabi later"

Tiny voices can be heard behind a big bush on the parking lot, whispering such vague words to each other. Some are angry and some are annoyed but they all have the same mission to complete before the day ends.

It's already 5 o'clock in the afternoon and the sun is getting ready to retire for the day. And the owner of these tiny voices should not be in this situation right now. They should be sitting on one of the chairs of their cram schools, answering math equations like an absolute mad lad but here they are doing nonsense. 

 They don't actually care missing those. Those are actually advanced classes and hell, they don't even have their modules. They don't need all that extra work just to show off in class. They actually don't get why they get after-school classes in general. They are all capable. However, what the parents want, they get. 

But they are also sacrificing a week's worth of allowance if their asian moms caught them and probably they would be all grounded for a week.  All of these for a game that is not at all new to them. 

What exactly are they doing behind that cramped bush?

Honestly, that bush is a familiar place. It's a great hideout spot. All of the students on their class probably know about it. 

The bush has a great view of the pathway leading to the parking lot and of course, the parking lot where all the magic happens. 

And they're here to check out who's going home with whom.

It's a tradition that they have been doing since last year and they do it once a week and since it's the first day of school; It's the perfect day to do it. The first day of school is quite boring. It's all about class rules and teaching your subject teacher how to pronounce your name so how about they give a little fun to themselves.

They also haven't prepared something extravagant for the first day since they were quite busy last week but boi we're they lucky. Their new adviser isn't a big fan of pranks but their co-ad is an angel sent from heaven. They even had first dibs on luch today. They also wouldn't want to scare the angel away.

So here they are looking for fun. It's a rather simple betting game. 

They hide on the bush and guess who's going home with whom. They already have a list of upperclassmen and teachers who have their own cars since they have been doing this since last year. They check the list and they bet who those people are going home with. It's a long list since the students and teachers in their school are loaded. They also bet with real currency of course and they ain't playing around.

Second up is Troy Nguyen. He's a Vietnamese 12th grade student and has nice wheels: a Black S-Class Mercedes.

"So who is he gonna go home with?" The initiator of the bet starts. 

"I bet my pet Turtle Daisy, he ain't going home with someone." Yujin says as she drops the bomb. 

"Bro, seriously? You're betting Daisy? Well, I gotta win. I'm betting my pet fish Sally he's going home with 12th grade Kamon Chearavanont.I saw them together at the lounge" A girl with purple hair says confidently. She gotta get that turtle.

"You're gonna lose. Cmon, Kamon has her own driver and her parents won't allow her to go home with just somebody else." The tiny spectator in the background suggests. 

" A bet is a bet . Don't persuade me. Also, stop your lame puns" 

"Don't judge my puns and don't call me . I was just trying to help you. Yujin is saying good-bye to Daisy anyways" Nako exclaims. She has bitterly lost the last round so she silently hopes Hyewon wins. 

The puppy like girl pouts.

"At least, I got your bunnies now. I'm Eunbi and Kkabi's new owner. Merong!" Yujin retracts after finding a rebuttal.

She got Nako's bunnies a while ago after placing a bet on their first target of the day: Mr. Jeong, a Chemistry teacher. 

"Yujin, you should change those bunnies' names. It's weird." Dohyon comments.

"Will sure do bro. I like Eunbi though but I'll name them Ron and Hermione." 

"Yujin, you're sick. They're siblings." Nako deadpans but Yujin laughs in response.  

"Laugh silently, Yujin. Everybody's gonna approach this laughing bush in a few seconds if you keep doing that." The initiator of the bet reprimands.

"Oh, I'm sorry your highness." Yujin apologizes with a bowing motion. 

"Nako, are you even gonna place a bet?" Wonyoung is actually the initiator. She makes sure no trouble is gonna ensue while the bet is going on. What a good President. People should follow her. 

"Nauh, I'm gonna pass now. If I win I get to take care of their useless animals. I've already have enough back at home. I don't even have a pond in my place for Daisy and Sally to stay in " 

"Hey, don't call them useless.They give you all the care and affection you need."

"Whatever, tell that to my Dad. I'm here yet he takes care of his animals more than me. He even sent me here in Korea."

Nako's father is an avid fan of animals but because of those damn animals, she got left out and here she is now in good 'ol Korea. 

"Hii-chan?" Wonyoung asks the Japanese girl who has been looking outside the bush for quite a while now.

She seems to be in daze. She doesn't even know why she followed Wonyoung here. Maybe, sometimes she actually puts a bet or two so she can win a basket of bread or cheeseballs.  She was about to place a bet a few seconds ago but a sight from a small opening in the bush catches her attention. It takes place a few meters from where they are right now.

Wonyoung follows Hitomi's line of sight and her eyes grow wide. She covers and taps the closest person next to her.

"Ouch Wonyo, You're hurting me." Hyewon says as she scrunches her eyebrows.

"Hey! Hey! You all should see this. "

Wonyoung is hyperventilating right now.

"Wonnie, are you ok?" Yujin asks with voice full of concern.

"No! I am not fine until all of you see this." Wonyoung says in frustration as she scramble for the small opening.

But of course, something happens before all of them could catch sight of what's happening. 

"Oh no, Wonyoung there are some bees beside you!" Dohyon shouts but they seem not to pay attention to him.

"Wha-"

"THERE ARE SOME BEES BESI----" Dohyon shouts at the top of his lungs but Nako suddenly jumps at him and puts a hand over his mouth.

They all look at each other after realizing what Dohyon just said.

"What... did.. he.. just.. say?"

Dohyon then points at what it looks like are a colony of bees. The whole gang then scrambles to run after sensing the situation. They should all run for their lives. They can't go home with bee stings all over them. It's gonna be the end of the world. 

"What the hell, Nako. Stop pulling my jacket!"

"Oh yes Dohyon, if we die we die together." 

The bush is stuck on a wall and it looks like a small cave so it is quite a cramped space and the exit to it is quite a tight squeeze. Going out from it should be done one by one but it seems to be not feasible in this kind of situation. 

And out of all things, this happends. Yujin slips on one of Hyewon's Doritos wrappers and creates a stampede. Yujin topples on top of Dohyon and the rest of the people behind follows the suit. They all now look like stacked pancakes with Dohyon at the bottom. A very sketchy pancake to be exact. 

"Hyewon, I tell you everytime to throw your rubbish properly!"

"...."

"I'm sorry to tell you this but you girls are too heavy."

"Shut up, Dohyon. They're approaching."

Good thing they all fell down on an angle where two women can't see the chaos behind but a loud thud certainly was made from the fall.

"Hey Minju, Did you hear that?" 

"Hear, what?" Minju looks at Chaewon with curious eyes.

"Like a loud thud? It looks like it came from that bush there.." Chaewon points the huge bush and takes small steps towards it.

The whole squad is panicking. That's a nerve-wracking situation right there. They know that they should all stand up right now and just expose themselves but there is still a small chance that their teacher would retreat. It's either they stay still and hope for the best or stand up and surrender. The bees are now long gone forgotten.

"It's just your imagination Chaewon. It's maybe some kids. You don't need to scold them right now. I still need to do a lot of things when I get home." Minju nags Chaewon as she pulls her hand towards the parking lot.

"No Minju, If they're fooling around they should stop. I need to take their names if they're really students." Chaewon stays firm on her spot as she puts on a stern face. She still is a lot stronger than Minju.  

The kids behind the bushes hold their breath as they could feel the wrath of the tiger flowing against the wind.

Miss Minju, Please stop that mad woman.

"Chae, we talked about this. Give them a break. It's the first day." Minju puts both of her hands on her waist.

(On her own waist everyone, not Chaewon's)

The kids release a breath of relief. Kudos, Miss Minju! 

Chaewon looks at Minju with a questioning look on her face.

"What's with that look you're giving me?"

Chaewon is scared so she quickly retracts and looks for a reason to give. 

"Uhm, Ok. I guess It's alright since it's past school hours. I don't get paid enough to look after some children at this hour." Chaewon shrugs while she looks on her watch and takes a big step towards the parking lot. She walks pass Minju and starts increasing her pace.

Minju stays at her spot with the same position as earlier: two hands on her own waist. She can't help but wince with Chaewon's response. Definetely, not the best reason to say for not being too hard with her students. But it's still a good start because Chaewon didn't insist to look what's going on behind that bush and they've only been into the deal for 6 hours. She doesn't expect Chaewon to change overnight. 

I guess, old habits really do die hard.

"Hey Minju! You ain't going home with me?" She can see Chaewon with a cute, frustrated look painted on her small face. 

Minju shakes off her thoughts and runs toward Chaewon but before doing that, she meets her eyes with Wonyoung. She actually saw the young girl a few minutes ago.

Wonyoung gives her a small wave and an awkward smile as a response.

Eheheh.

Minju gives her a thumbs up as she lifts her shoulders and continues her way to the parking lot.

"Oh my son of dumplings.. What the hell just happened? Somebody please enlighten me." Wonyoung says in shock. 

"I'm part of the Miss Minju fandom now. She is amazing." Yujin says as she replays the scene on her head but a loud smack was what she received.

"Stop fantasizing about Miss Minju. Our saviour doesn't need a person like you as a member of her fandom" 

"What do you mean a person like you, Wonyoung-ah? Yujin is really hurt right now." Yujin exclaims as she pouts towards Wonyo.

"Uhm.. Hello? So we don't really exist right now?" Nako points to the rest of them while squinting her eyes in question.

"Not really, Nako"

"Yujin you--"

"So we're really not talking about the scene we witnessed earlier?" Hitomi asks.

Hitomi....talks?

The gangs jumps in surprise as they just heard the Japanese has finally opened . That's 10 words. A feat that none of them thought she would achieve.

"Ya'll stop overreacting you es."

Oh my god. It actually happends again. Goosebumps everywhere.

"You talk?" 

"......"

"Ok she stopped. Well, what exactly was that?" Wonyoung repeats her question again.

"It's called a miracle. An angel named Minju was bestowed upon us." Hyewon answers as she munches her second pack of Nacho Cheese Doritos. The classics are still the best.

"Iron Tiger would have been a great playmate this school year but it seems that Miss Minju got a hold of her." Yujin says as she scratches her chin.

"The real question is..What exactly is the deal between the two of them?"

The group of 5 ponders thoroughly on the possibilities and they seem to forget about their comrade who is still lying on the bermuda grass.

"Uhm guys, help me get up. All of you are heavy."

"Shut up Dohyon."

They all say in chorus and continue their thinking.

They don't really know how to take advantage of this situation. 

A while ago, they were betting and gambling but now a new game begins.

I spy with my little eye: something suspicious; It's the Iron Tiger and the Monk going home together. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The pair arrives at the parking lot and Minju cranes her neck to look for Chaewon's car.

"So where's your car?" 

"You take a guess.." Chaewon says with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter