Chapter 5- Classroom Dramarama

Love Lessons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Hi this hooman decided to update after 21 days. Hope you are ready for some Social Science/ History lessons cause there's a whole class in this chapter. :))

P.S. I still haven't proofread this chapter please bear with me :<<

______________________________________________

Drip. Drop. Drip.

Minju looks at the window situated in one of the cafes at downtown Seoul.

The sky is painted with a dark blue hue and is covered by big angry clouds. Taps from the window become heavier as every second passes and soft melodies are made from puddles. That pleasing earthy smell caused by a mixture of plant oils and bacteria fills the air. It's a pleasing scenery to take in.

But she then sees people taking refugee from the heavy drops of rain and umbrellas are flung open. Her eyes then follow an old woman scrambling her things of what seems to be like a sack of cardboards and plastic bottles. Her clothes are quite tattered and old with patches all over it. Her back is also slouched due to the long hours of working and scavenging. She seems to be trying to sell all of those to make a living and if those cardboards get wet, it would be useless to sell. 

Minju's stomach makes a flip as she takes in the harsh reality presented in front of her. She has already seen these kinds of settings during community emmersions she did with her blockmates but it's different to see it happening in your everyday lives and it reminded her of what her college professor told her: "The rain can only mean two things; it's either a blessing or a curse."

While some people enjoy the rain, the struggle takes over when the downpour gets unpredictable. Heavy rain disrupts the everyday lives of people living in the low lying areas, sending the place inundated with overflowing rainwater. Citizens of the former Indus Valley Civilization also knew that "The struggle is real everyday with the rain." because of it overflowing the great rivers. They have to build gigantic dams surrounding their city in order to contain the water and it's a big challenge considering you only have mud and animals to help you build those infrastractures. Minju could tell you a whole essay about the downsides of rain but she can't deny that it's also a good thing.

Silt left by the flood beside rivers has been a big jackpot for people in the Ancient Egyptian times. Rain is also an essential for farmers all over the world throughout the years. 

But the downpour coming in this part of Minju's day isn't definitely a good timing. It gives a bad omen to her morning coffee and made her think about a lot of things again. It's not bad to ponder about those kinds of things but she should definitely pay attention to this sunshine infront of her.

"Hey, Minju are you listening?" Chaewon keeps that frustrated frown sitted on her face. She has been telling Minju of her summer escapades but this girl has been staring at the window for a good six minutes since the rain started.

"No. Actually, I'm not." Minju awkwardly smiles at Chaewon and takes a bite of the strawberry waffle she ordered 15 minutes ago. It's now a bit soggy but it's still nice.

"Chae, What do you think about the rain?" She asks while looking at Chaewon on the eye.

"The rain is good, I guess. It's one of the main things that plants need to live. Actually, I haven't thought much about it." Chaewon admits and looks at her hands.

They have been doing already for more than one week since that night in Minju's condominium. Nothing interesting happened for the past few days but they've made a routine unconciously. Chaewon fetches her, they eat breakfast together if they have enough time to spare, they do the usual things they do at school, and eventually they go home together.  Now, it's tuesday and they're here at a cafe eating waffles and getting a cup of their morning coffee. 

Minju hums for a response and they continue eating in silence. She actually thinks that they made the decision of the deal a little too fast hence, the lack of progress. 

"Min-"

"Chae-"

Well, this is awkward. They both decided to break the silence at the same time.

"You go first." Chaewon insists as to cement her reputation as a gentlewoman.

"I'll go first then." Minju starts shyly as she lifts her head up. She wanted Chaewon to say something first but she doesn't want to sound like those cliche american movies where awkward teenagers argue about who talks first when they have their first date at a rundown diner having a burger and a vanilla milkshake.

"Don't you think we haven't made much progress the past week?" Minju asks in an unsure manner as she plays with the strawberry syrup gracing the golden brown waffles. 

"Hmm. Don't think about it that much. My week has been alright so far and you're having fun with me right? That's quite a progress." Chaewon assures Minju. She woudn't call going to school everyday and having a routine fun but the difference is: she's here now.

"I guess, yeah." Minju decides to close the conversation with short words so Chaewon woudn't worry too much but it actually has done otherwise. Chaewon still hears an uncertainty with Minju's voice and a grand idea slithers into her mind.

"I have an idea!" She says in a tone too jolly because it scared the wits out of Minju. Chaewon suddenly jolts up from her sit that made Minju put a hand on her heart and all the people at the cafe to look at her.

"Chaewon, give a warning will you" Minju glares at Chaewon and it caused Chaewon to settle back to her chair while biting her lips.

"How about we have a date this weekend?" 

Did Minju just hear it right? A date? 

"Yes. You heard it right it's a date, Minju. We should get to know each other as someone from outside the school. As Kim Minju and Kim Chaewon." Chaewon proudly suggests but Minju feels otherwise. Dates are the final bosses that Minju has yet to defeat. She is an absolute fool in this certain area and she is afraid that she might scare Chaewon away. 

"Aren't we doing it right now?" Minju says in an attempt to block Chaewon's words and unfortunately, those words have stronger spikes.

"We are doing it right now but we always have limited time and we always talk about school so about we spend an whole day together so we can get to know each other more and hopefully can think of more ways for us to have some progress in this arrangement of ours." 

Minju looks at Chaewon dumbfounded but eventually nods in agreement.

I guess, I don't really have an escape on this.

"I guess that's setttled then. I'll pick you up saturday 10 A.M." 

"Oh no."

Minju looks at her with curious eyes. The "Oh no" spiked her interest. Minju silently prays to the gods that maybe Chaewon has a prior commitment that day.

"Minju, leave your waffle. It's already 8:26 and we only have four minutes to spare till class starts." Chaewon tells Minju with panicking eyes. She know that the only time Minju wants to be late is when pigs fly.

"Chaewon, I-" Minju turns her back to give her a glare but the short-haired girl has already made her way to the front door hoping to escape Minju's wrath.

Unbelievable.

Minju walks to the door with heavy steps while cracking her knuckles in preparation to strangle Chaewon.

_________________________________________________________

The moment they arrived at the parking lot, they scrambled out of the car. Ten records of late for the teachers is already a salary deduction. In a matter of minutes, they're now scanning their fingerprints at the biometrics system located at the the front building for attendance.

"I don't have an 8:30 class. I'll just be slacking in the faculty room if you need me." It's already a routine for the both of them to tell their first schedule for the day and it is being done for no apparent reason. It's just a comfortable thing to do for the both of them.

"Well, things are different for me. 10-B is first class for me today. Have a good day, Chae." Minju gives Chaewon a comforting smile as she turns around and heads to the academic building.

Chaewon smiles sheepishly as a result and dips her head as a shade of red fills her cheeks.

Have a good day too, Minju.

While Chaewon walks casually to the faculty office, Minju uses her two legs with all her might. She can't afford a 10 minute deduction on her precious teaching time. It can ruin all lesson plan and the whole week might be an utter mess. 

After 5 minutes of workout, Minju finally arrives at the classroom and from the door she can already hear coachella music festival happening inside at 8:30 in the morning. She can feel the vibration of a loud bass as she turns the door knob and the thumping of her heart created by it. This ain't new so she will let the whole thing  slide off for the mean time.

"SHAWTY HAD THEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS BOOTS WITH THE FUR"

"THE FUR!!"

"THE WHOLE CLUB WAS LOOKIN AT HER!!"

"HER!!"

What. The. Actual. Hell.

She opens the door and the whole club's really looking at her or rather the whole class is lookin' at her. She might as well hit the floor with the whole turmoil that was happening inside the classroom.

"Oh . Miss Chaewon's girlfriend is here."

How the hell did they know that? I'm not her girlfriend but I-

Minju closes her eyes with the remark and to wash out the scenery in front her. She still needs to teach now but damn is this room quite the sight. 

The room has been transformed into a club. The curtains are drawn to block the sunlight, there's a huge- speaker on the side, and the students are caught dancing in action on top of their desks. Hell, where did they even get that disco ball that is currently hanging at the ceiling.

The students are now absolutely frozen because the party is now over and they have been caught. 

"Uhm care to join the party, Miss Minju?" Yujin says with a terrified voice as she raises her hand. She's one of the people who are responsible for this party. She's also the one who brought that ghastly disco ball in the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter