Chapter 3- First Day Mayday Part 2

Love Lessons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crazy.

Yeh. Definetely the right word to describe this situation.

Sike. No word is gonna ever be worthy in describing this situation.

Chaewon's mind is going on a fanatical frenzy. This situation is a 100 times more insane than the time her student tied her shoes together after swimming class so she falls  into  the pool (She made sure that student's got an F happily smilling on his report card).

Thousands of possibilities pass through her mind and she scans for the best decision to do.

Think, Chaewon. Just think. Imagine the ball going towards you.

Would you set the ball to the outside hitter or dump it to the other side of the court? 

Would you do the usual routine or do the unexpected?

How is she gonna act in front of Minju?

Should she act like the first time she met her?

Like a tamed tiger, shamelessly flirting and listening to her?

No , Sherlock. Last year's not gonna happened and no one is playing the Iron Tiger ever again.

So as expected, Chaewon does the usual routine she does with everyone. .

Ignore. Teach. Be Professional.

She repeatedly chants on her head like a maniac while carefully hiding the shocked expression she was sporting a few seconds ago.

But she guesses she was a second too late because her supposedly new students have already witnessed the scene.

Good Heavens. 

From a proper sitting position with straightened backs and head facing towards the whiteboards to an unmannerly sitting position with slouched backs looking like a hippie and that mischievous smirk that is casually sitting on their faces. 

I will let this slide.

Chaewon takes a deep breath and looks at them with a glare as she says those words on her mind. She hopes that one glare will settle them all in an orderly manner but  no one paid attention to her gesture. 

She scans her eyes more and that one tall girl has a vexing smirk plastered on her face. Another girl with purple hair (Chaewon is fuming as she sees that distracting colored hair) continues on munching her cheetos with a deadpan expression on her face. Some of the class rest their arms on the chair while some put their arms on their desks as a mocking aura surrounds all four corners of the classroom.

Chaewon decides to play it cool with the students and ignore the distraction that is currently standing and resting her arm on the teacher's table.

I'm gonna admit my lost. 

You all may won this set but I haven't lost the game yet.

We will be having a lot of fun this year, Class 10-B.

Chaewon carries her feet towards the front of the classroom as she wears her establised look.

A face void of expression. 

"Good Morning Everyone.." She greets her class with a lousy tone. 

In contrast to her cold demeanor and strict attitude, Chaewon has a rather high-pitched and piercing voice . However, she uses that to her advantage;her voice is so clear and distinct that everybody turns their heads to pay heed to it's owner. 

If the class gets too chaotic, one "STOP!!" from her and a bonus flying shoe gets her students go wee wee on their underwears.

But in this class, no one responds to her greeting. The students still wear the same expression they have earlier and stares at her.

Annoying Little Munchkins. 

(Even though half of the class is taller than her)

"Well, we got a lot of things to fix in this class." Chaewon grits her teeth as she whispers to herself.

Chaewon then remembers that she has another audience in the classroom.

Ms. Coffee Thrower is standing a meter away from her and still as stupified as she could ever be.

I know Miss Minju, I'm beautiful but please spare me some and wipe that shocked look on your face. I have an image on this school and I can't maintain it if you intervene. 

That's if they could talk with their minds.

Minju still wears that expression and is still confused.

Her Bento Box perpetrator is standing a few feet from her and it seems like she's pretending to not know her.

"Ok class, I will be your new adviser for this school year and I expect you to follow me. Understood?" Chaewon announces with a stern voice that even gave Minju chills. 

The whole class remains radio silent. 

Betch What? She is what?

Before Minju could even process everything, Chaewon's booming voice has already occupied the entire room.

"Am I talking to statues here?! Why isn't anybody answering me?!" Chaewon is a ticking time bomb.

"Hey Miss Chaewon.. Why are you shouting to my students?" Minju decides to interrupt with hands on both sides of her waist.

Come on, are you really Chaewon? What happened to fvk life and just move on? Give those children a slack. It's the first day.

Chaewon faces her with her eyebrows scrunched into a tight line.

"Why.. Miss? How do you know my name? Do I know you? And as I said, I am the new adviser for this class." Chaewon says with a proud smirk. 

How. Do. You. Know. My. Name. Harry Potter and the audacity of this betch. 

Minju is confused. They just met a few days ago and this girl decides to ignore her? So much for thinking about her everyday.

Oof. Did she just admit that?

Well, she still has to figure out what game Chaewon is playing right now.

"Well, Miss Chaewon I certainly kn-"

" And I certainly don't know you." Chaewon quickly intercepts what she is saying. Minju takes a deep breath and decides to continue.

"We me-"

"And I guess, you're my new co-adviser so I expect you to also follow me too because I'm on the highest echelon of this class."  

Higher Echelon of this class? Is there any kind of power struggle going on? Is Chaewon a power tripper or something? And class adviser?

This girl needs some help. 

Different kinds of questions emerge on Minju's mind. She is hating the kind of Chaewon that she is facing right now. 

Minju scrambles for the file that was handed to her a while ago. She reads the second page and blames her carelessness for not reading properly.

It's there and it's clear as daylight.

Class 10-B

Adviser- Kim Chaewon

Co-Adviser- Kim Minju

Minju stares at it for a few seconds. She then lets everything sink in.

"A penny for your thoughts, Miss..?"

Oh now she pretends  to not know my name. Academy Award for the Best Actress goes to Kim Chaewon for her role in the Classroom. Thank You Miss Kim, you may now go out of my life.

"It's Kim Minju. I'm a Social Science teacher here. Looking forward to working with you." Minju says in a sarcastic way.

"Oh from the Humanities Unit. It's quite far from the PHEM unit. I'm Kim Chaewon and I teach Physical Education." Chaewon uses the same tone.

"Ok Miss Kim, Let's settle our differences and hope for a good school year."

"Yes,  glad to hear that Miss Kim"

Atlast, Minju and Chaewon are now into clear waters. Hopefully, this tranquility will continue and everything will be well.

"Ok Students, Let's set a few rules in this classroom."

"Class, you can now introduce yourselves."

Minju and Chaewon quickly crane their necks to look at each other.

Chaewon shooks her heard with disapproval. 

"Miss Kim, You can't do that."

"Oh no Miss Kim, I can definitely do that."

"Miss Kim, I'm the adviser here."

"Will you stop calling me Miss Kim, it's confusing me."

"Well, it's confusing me too!"

etc. etc. etc.

Their banter continues like two children in a kindergarten fighting for the last chicken nugget. 

They seem to forget that they have quite a large audience watching them.

"Well, it's good to see teachers fighting too."

A cute and tiny anime girl whispers to her seatmate.

Her name is Yabuki Nako, an exchange student from Japan and an Art and Drafting Technology marvel. 

"Yeh, good to know that they're human too."

Nako's seatmate, Nam Dohyon replies to her. This boy is quite angsty and emo. He seems to have his own world with his gaming pc but good thing, he became  great friends with Nako. 

"Do they know each other? Didn't know the Iron Tiger would be a social person." A student from the other side of the room talks. He's Nathan Park, a mathematician extraordinaire from Canada. 

"Well, teachers can have a little bit of social life you know." Andy Lim,a Science genius with Chinese-Filipino descent speaks softly as she fixes her glasses. 

"Want some Yuj? This movie seems long." Kang Hyewon talks as she munches her second bag of hot cheetos. She's a physics god but she prefers calculating how many pieces of cake she can eat in a day than to calculate how fast a ball falls from a building. Like, who actually cares about that?

"I'm good Hye. I need to concentrate on this movie so I could eventually tell what's the deal with the two of them." Finally, Ahn Yujin replies with a bright red lollipop dangling from . The girl who has been flooding the other Miss Kim with compliments. She is the known trouble maker of Class 10-B with 89 reports in total. It's a clean record. Last year, she was in the brink of expulsion but she has managed to pull a few strings to escape. 

"Lower your voice, Yujin. They can hear you. We don't want the Tiger growling at us again." The Class President, Jang Wonyoung scolds the elder. Jang Wonyoung is the most unpredictable person in this class. She always nags at them but often times does otherwise especially with the influence of a certain someone. Ultimately, she decides to let her classmates be at times and do the other class president work like going to meetings. That's why she became a regular at the discipline office.  

"Relax, Wonyoung. Look at that, we may have found the tiger's weakness. What do you think, hiichan?" Yujin cracks an evil laugh and looks at the  Japanese in front of her.

"......."

"Well, I don't really expect an answer."

Honda Hitomi or popularly known as Hiichan is also a japanese exchange student. She's the definition of introvert and quiet. She doesn't talk unless Wonyoung tells her to or talks to her. She personally thinks that opening to people not her own level is a waste of energy.

"The of the movie seems to be starting. Let's pay attention ya'll" Yujin says in an excited manner as she rest her elbows on her desk.

"Listen Miss Minju, I don't want to fight you but-"

"But?"

Chaewon can honestly feel that Minju is getting irritated by her. She can't blame Minju because she is at wrong. She would feel the same if someone she became close or became comfortable with ignores her like a dust in the wind especially that they weren't able to contact each other. Honestly, she also missed Minju. 

But this is her workplace and this is another story. Her pride with her students is still higher than the Mountain Everest. She can't let her image that she has been slowly building up for the past three years slowly crumble in front of her eyes. Not ever and never will that ever happened. She already has the ability to keep these students on their tracks and never will she let it go from her grasp. But she can't help but feel guilty with her Miss Coffee thrower 

"But we seem to have different teaching styles and we should respect that."

"Oh, ok"

"Oh, ok?"

"You should lead the class. You're the adviser. Do it your way." 

That's the answer that Chaewon wants to get from Minju but she feels more guilty after that. 

Well, she atleast deserves an explanation. I'm not her special someone or anything but it doesn't hurt to try. I want to be closer with her somehow.

"Uhm Thanks, I guess." Chaewon cautiously responds to Minju afraid that another fight will brew again.

Chaewon talks with a suprisingly calm demeanor in  class which is in contrast to what Minju expects. 

She expects Chaewon to be shouting at everyone again and enforcing class rules to every violation found in the student code of conduct but she actually turns out to be decent. However, the Dictator aura surrounding her is undeniable. She's like walmart Hitler. 

Time has passed on the classroom and surprisingly nothing significant happends.

Chaewon only snaps unless triggered. And when she snaps it's the end of the world. It's a good thing no one in the class decides to pull a prank today. 

But she always snaps and it's no good. 

However, Chaewon weirdly imposes this rule and is her last words before stepping down.

"Shut up. Follow. Listen. Then your report cards will turn out fine." Chaewon declares as she points with each of her students. She has this serious look on her face. Minju would find it cute but she doesn't like people who suppress the freedom of others.

Like what the hell is Shut up. Follow. and Listen? 

It then came unto her that Chaewon chose to ignore her 20 mins ago.

It's ok Minju. You'll be fine.

A sour expression makes it's way to Minju's face.

"Ok class, I know you haven't met each other in a long time so I will give you some time to do so. Don't make any mess because I don't want to visit the discipline office today. You get me?" 

"Ok, Miss Kim" The whole class responds in a lazy chorus.

"You get me?" Chaewon repeats and Minju has this bruh expression on her face.

They're not in 1st Grade, Miss Kim. 

"Ok, Miss Kim!!" The class shouts louder, obviously irritated with the control freak in front.

"Miss Minju, any final sentiments?" 

"It's nice meeting everybody. Hope we will have a good school year together." Minju says her final words quick because she badly wants to go to the restroom now. It's the call of nature and she gotta hurry. 

"It's nice meeting you too, Miss Minju!!!" Yujin shouts and Minju smiles at her with a forced smile while prancing around. She badly needs a bathroom break. 

Chaewon  gives Yujin her signature glare as a warning. 

"Class dissmised." She annonces, Homeroom time is finally over. 

The Class quickly disperses and goes on to do their usual stuff. Some go out to grab a bite and some fetch their phones out but Minju needs to find a person to look after her things. The school restrooms are quite cramped and the dirty floor could damage her handbag. Her only option is: Kim Chaewon.  

"Hey Miss Chaewon, Can you please look after my things? I have to go to the rest room."

"Oh sure, Miss Kim."

Bingo.

Chaewon takes this oppurtunity to send a message to Ms. Kim Minju. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter