🌈Chapter twelve

LITTLE BIG HYUNG

Little Yesung is amazed by Heechul’s cat Heebum. It is the only pet in their dorm, and little Yesung wants to become friends. Heebum is currently sitting on the couch in the living room and enjoys warm sunlight. A few minutes ago, Yesung was playing in his room and then decides to go and find the fluffy cat.

Yesung knows the cat will run away if he is too fast. Yesung sits down on the opposite end of the couch and slowly inches toward Heebum. The cat turns attention to the cuddly human and stretches. Yesung reaches one hand to pet the cat’s head when the vicious animal decides to attack. Heebum scratches the little’s hand and runs away while Yesung bursts into tears.

His loud crying calls everyone in the living room. Donghae examines Yesung’s small hand - there are two slightly bleeding scratches. Ryeowook brings a first aid kit to treat the wounds while Yesung screams and cries as if the cat cut off his whole hand. Ryeowook uses two cute plasters with Winnie The Pooh to cover the scratches and kisses the small hand. Heechul is sure Heebum won’t get treats for the next few weeks because this isn’t how a good pet acts.

Kyuhyun pulls out his secret stash of ice cream he hides in the back of their freezer. Yesung gets a bowl full of Edy's Berry Rainbow Sherbet to forget about the pain in his hand. The little one doesn’t understand why did Heebum hurt him. He was nice, daddy said you have to be nice to make friends. The cold treat makes everything a bit better. Leeteuk is feeding him, otherwise the sherbet would end up everywhere on Yesung’s face and hands, and he watches how their little one calms down. His tears reduce to whimpers and whimper reduce to occasional sniffle. Yesung finishes his treat and Hyukjae gets a brilliant idea - that is rare for him.

There is a park nearby and there are many dogs all the time. Hyukjae knows an older man who has two sausage dogs, they are in the park very often and Hyukjae is sure the dogs will love Yesung. Shindong and Siwon decide to join them and soon they are entering the park. Hyukjae spots the man who is sitting on a bench and reads newspapers while his dogs run around. Hyukjae politely greets him and asks if they can play with his dogs. The man happily agrees, he is too old to play with his dogs, he is glad someone will do that when he can’t. One of the sausage dogs is black and wears a red little scarf while the second is brown with black tail. The animals are thrilled to have new friends and doesn’t mind Yesung’s restless hands. The little one loves their small bodies and the way the dogs clumsily jump to his face and hands. He forgets about the moody cat at home and laughs when the black sausage dog climbs on his back and starts his neck.