Sincere

Charade

Jungkook looks through the small window on the door. “He was targeted.” Jungkook’s worried eyes stay glued to Taehyung on the hospital bed with Seokjin at his side. 

 

“That means they think Taehyung’s V and they still want to hurt him,” Namjoon says looking through the small window as well. 

 

Seokjin sat by Taehyung’s bed, watching him. From time to time, he would adjust Taehyung’s head or blankets, making sure he’s comfortable. “I feel bad,” Jungkook states. Seokjin’s taking care of Taehyung thinking he’s V. Also, Taehyung got hurt because of being V. 

 

That was the plan though. For them to target Taehyung so they could find out who’s behind V’s accident. “We should tell Jin,” Jungkook suggests. 

 

“No,” Namjoon says right away. “We can’t let more people know.” 

 

“But-“ Jungkook protests.

 

“Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim don’t want him to know.” Jungkook stays silent, knowing that’s true. His eyes wander to Taehyung. “He’ll be fine,” Namjoon says knowing that they’re both worrying about Taehyung. 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Taehyung’s eyelids flutter a bit before adjusting to the lighting. Hospital. He feels a small headache. Car crash. Bomb. Seokjin. “Jin,” Taehyung sits up despite his headache. Black spots appears in his vision but, he doesn’t care. 

 

Seokjin must be in another room. How badly is he injured? Taehyung looks at the tube in his arm. He’s about to pull it out when the door opens. 

 

“V!” Seokjin rushes over to his side. “What are you doing?” He looks at Taehyung’s hand that’s hovering over the IV. 

 

“I thought you were injured so I wanted to come see you. . .” Taehyung tells him. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head. “Well, who’s the one in the hospital bed?” Seokjin fixes his pillow so he could sit up. Taehyung’s pride was a little hurt. Why did he get himself hurt? 

 

“Yeah, why did I get myself hurt? I should’ve been more careful,” Taehyung pouts, playing with the blanket. 

 

“It’s not your fault,” Seokjin says sincerely. “You were too busy helping me.” Taehyung looks up and Seokjin’s looking at him with a look he never saw before. How should he describe it? Soft. Bright. Deep? “Thank you.” 

 

“I’ll always help you, Seokjin,” Taehyung says genuinely and gently. Seokjin blushes and Taehyung feels a blush too. He reaches for the bandage around his head. “If it wasn’t for you, I’d have bled to death.” Seokjin smiles bashfully at his comment. 

 

“Well, if you didn’t carry me out from the car, I wouldn’t have been able to put pressure on your wound. So, you helped us both,” Seokjin tells him with a small smile. Taehyung laughs at their pushing and pulling. 

 

“Actually,” Taehyung starts, earning a giggle from Seokjin. The door opens and the two look at the newcomers. 

 

“You’re awake!” Jungkook exclaims coming to his side. Taehyung grins at the familiar faces. 

 

Namjoon walks over too. “How are you feeling, V?” 

 

“Fine, I think?” Taehyung answers, remembering his headache. 

 

“You think,” Seokjin emphasizes the word ‘think.’ “I’ll go get the doctor.” Seokjin gets up and Taehyung wanted to tell him to just stay. 

 

When Seokjin’s gone, Namjoon sits down and leans towards him. “Tae, what happened?” Jungkook looks at him with big doe eyes, waiting. 

 

“When I stepped on the brake, the car didn’t stop.” Taehyung remembers the panic as a car crossed them. “Then, a car was passing by us. Seokjin looked really scared so I did a quick turn.” He bites his lip before continuing. “We hit a light post. Seokjin passed out.”

 

The image of Seokjin just laying there comes back to his head. “I tried so many times to open my door, but it was stuck. Jin wouldn’t wake up. I just sat there thinking of what to do. Then, I heard the beeping.” 

 

Namjoon and Jungkook’s eyes both widen at the same time. “It sounded like a bomb. My mind started racing and I went to the backseats. The door there wasn’t jammed. So, I got out. Got Jin out and ran to this tree that was far away. I lost my phone so I couldn’t call anyone. Then, Jin said I was bleeding a lot. It was coming from my head. He put pressure on my wound and I closed my eyes,” Taehyung finishes.

 

“You did a good job. Like a hero,” Jungkook says with a small grin, trying to lighten up the mood. Namjoon puts a hand on his shoulder, nodding. 

 

“A bomb? That does make sense. I’ll have to check on that. Also, the jammed door,” Namjoon tells him, deep in thought. 

 

“Does Jin know about the bomb?” he asks. He doesn’t want Seokjin to feel frighten. It’s him who they’re targeting. They both shake their heads. 

 

“As far as he knows. You’re just overwhelmed with work and weren’t paying attention. Causing you to zone out,” Jungkook tells him. Taehyung’s shoulders slumps. So, he’s the problem. It’s alright. He doesn’t want Jin to be scared.

 

“Well, I’m fine and this’ll give you more info. When can I leave?” Taehyung hates to just sit in bed and do nothing. 

 

“That depends on the doctor, Hero.” Jungkook and Namjoon chuckles as Taehyung pouts. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung has to stay for a least three more days. Namjoon and Jungkook didn’t stay long. V’s parents came to visit for a bit. Now, he’s left with just Seokjin. “Here’s your dinner.” 

 

Seokjin puts a tray in front of him. He picks up the chopsticks and starts digging in. Meanwhile Seokjin sits on the chair by the bed watching him. Yet, when he looks at Seokjin. Seokjin would be looking elsewhere. 

 

He thought Seokjin would go home by now. “You’re not going home? It’s late.”

 

Seokjin shakes his head. “No, I’ll stay with you.” Taehyung felt the corners of his mouth lift a little. However, he didn’t want Seokjin to take care of him all the time. Seokjin has a life too. 

 

“I’m fine. You go home. Don’t you have to go the restaurant tomorrow?” Taehyung tells him while munching his food. 

 

Seokjin presses his lips together. “You’re gonna be alone.” 

 

Taehyung chuckles at his comment. “So. I’m a grown man.” He drinks the cup of water. 

 

“I’ll just stay here,” Seokjin says loudly, almost demanding. Taehyung turns to Seokjin who is looking down. 

 

“Fine.” He puts his chopsticks down. “Then, can you feed me?” Taehyung grins widely as Seokjin looks up with a raised brow. 

 

“I thought you said you were a grown man.” Nonetheless, Seokjin grabs the chopsticks and starts grabbing the food. He brings it up to Taehyung’s mouth which opens with no hesitation. He munches happily as Seokjin continues feeding him. 

 

Night soon rolls around. After the nurse came to check on Taehyung, it was time to go to sleep. “You don’t have a blanket or a pillow,” Taehyung notices as Seokjin turns off the lights, except the lamp. 

 

“It’s not that cold. I’ll be fine,” Seokjin sits on the chair next to the bed. He leans back in his chair, closing his eyes. 

 

Taehyung watches Seokjin, unsettled. He turns off the lamp and let the dark surround them. He closes his eyes and focuses on Seokjin’s breathing. About twenty minutes later, Seokjin’s breathing becomes even. 

 

He peeks an eye open. Seokjin seems to be sleeping as he sat still and calm. Taehyung grabs one of his blanket. He has two. A thick comforter and just a thin blanket. He pulls the thick one off and sits up. 

 

He slides to the edge of the bed where Seokjin is. He pulls Seokjin a bit towards him so his back will come off the back of the chair and the blanket can wrap around him. Following Taehyung’s pull, Seokjin leans forward, still asleep.

 

His head makes contact with Taehyung’s chest as Taehyung puts the blanket around  him. Taehyung pushes Seokjin off of him slowly, not wanting to wake him up. He smiles as he successfully wrapped the blanket around Seokjin. Only Seokjin’s head peeps out. 

 

He goes back to bed and settles in, feeling better.

 

When he awakes, Seokjin is still asleep. He shivers, feeling the almost autumn air. He reaches for the blanket around Seokjin’s shoulder, wanting to move it before he awoke. 

 

Seeing Seokjin all snuggled up in the blanket stops him. He looks so peaceful and warm. Then, Seokjin’s eyes snaps open. Taehyung flinches and scoots back in his bed. 

 

Seokjin sees the blanket around him and pulls it off. “Why did you give me your blanket?” Seokjin asks, putting the blanket back on the bed. 

 

Taehyung helps Seokjin fix the blanket onto the bed. “I didn’t want you to be cold.” 

 

“But then you’ll be cold,” Seokjin says, making eye contact with him. Taehyung shrugs. 

 

“It’s alright. I have a lot of body heat.” Seokjin shakes his head at his words but, let’s it go.

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung spins around. How he misses this house so much. Almost like how he would miss his actual home. He stops when he feels a hand on his shoulder. Seokjin turns him around to face him. 

 

“You shouldn’t move too much or you’ll get headaches,” Seokjin tells him warily. 

 

“If you’re here, I won’t get headaches,” he tells Seokjin with a teasing smile. It is partially true. Seokjin pulls his hand away but, Taehyung stops him. He holds Seokjin’s hand. “Thank you for staying with me at the hospital and taking care of me,” he thanks Seokjin. No more teasing in his voice. 

 

Seokjin ducks away from his eyes. “Of course. I am your husband after all.” Taehyung’s insides started getting all warm. He wants to pull Seokjin into a hug. ‘Won’t that be too far of a stretch?’ He contemplates as Seokjin continues looking everywhere except him. 

 

So instead, he takes Seokjin’s other hands. Startling Seokjin as he did so. Seokjin’s head was still turned. “I like it when I get to see your whole face,” he says, causing the other to become flushed. 

 

Seokjin hesitantly turns to fully look at Taehyung. Taehyung leans forward, forehead almost touching Seokjin’s. “It’s the best view.”

 

 

———————————————————

 

“How come there weren’t anybody around when Taehyung crashed into the pole?” Jungkook questions. Why was it that the road just became deserted when Taehyung happened to crash? 

 

They were watching the CCTV. Namjoon nods. “Let’s check.” He skips around the many cameras station on that street. They get to the camera at the intersection, which was a bit further away from where Taehyung crashed. 

 

A car comes at a high speed, crashing right into a truck. The truck tried to swerve. The tank that it was towing, falls over. The liquid inside spilling everywhere. 

 

“What a coincidence? This car accident just had to happen before Taehyung’s,” Jungkook states. He had a feeling though. That this was no accident. 

 

“This is why no one was around to help Taehyung and Seokjin. They were blocked because of this truck,” Namjoon states. He skips around to other cameras on nearby streets. He stops. “The car is parked not far away. The driver just sits there for a while.” 

 

A few more clicks and a street later. “There,” Jungkook points out. Namjoon stops clicking. The truck driver just sits in the driver seat too for a while. 

 

Namjoon zooms in on both of the drivers. He scans their faces through facial recognition. “Their connection can lead us to who’s the big boss.” 

 

———————————————————

 

“You sure you don’t want to come with us.” 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. His mom, stepdad, and stepsister stand with their suitcases. The airport was getting more and more busy with people. “No, I want to stay here.” In Korea.

 

His mom sighs, knowing she can’t change his mind. She comes over, patting Taehyung’s head. “My big baby. Don’t get into trouble, okay? Find a stable job, okay?” 

 

“I’ll try.” She tiptoes and presses a kiss on his forehead. He didn’t even notice when he got taller than her. It seems like just yesterday, she would bend down to press a kiss to the crown of his head. 

 

His mom pulls away. “You’re really not coming?” He looks towards his younger stepsister who was pouting. He’s gonna miss her. He smiles softly and just shakes his head. She runs to him and he bends down. 

 

He embraces her for possibly the last time. “Don’t forget about me, Oppa,” she tells Taehyung.

 

Taehyung chuckles. “I will never. Be good and listen to Mom and Dad.” She nods and he pulls away. 

 

Standing up, he’s pulled into an awkward side hug. “If you need anything, call us.” He nods. He’s never been close to his stepdad. He probably seems like an annoying teenager. Except, he’s not a teenager anymore. 

 

After a lot of urging, his mom, stepsister, and stepdad leave him. He sighs. Not sure what the sigh exactly means. 

 

****

 

Taehyung stands on the balcony, feeling the autumn breeze. It’s been a couple months already since they left. He didn’t get a stable job like his mom wanted him to. Nor, did he exactly steer clear of trouble. 

 

He can’t go to work until tomorrow. So, he basically has a free day. Seokjin left for his restaurant early in the morning. ‘Maybe I should go out.’ Taehyung shakes his head at his thought. ‘No. No. Just stay home and rest like what everybody wants.’ 

 

Despite his words, he finds himself in V’s closet, searching for the most casual clothes. He finds a pair of black sweatpants which was buried in the back of the closet. He pairs it with a gray hoodie than on top, a light blue denim jacket. 

 

He giggles, liking his look and loving how warm he feels. He goes downstairs and was just putting on his shoes when a servant comes up to him. “Where are you going, Sir?” He asks warily, eyeing Taehyung. 

 

“Out. I’ve been sitting in the hospital for days.” Taehyung jumps up and heads for the door. But, the servant steps in front of him. 

 

“I can’t let you do that, Sir. You just got back from the hospital and should rest,” the servant looks down as he says those words. 

 

“What? But, I want to go out. Can’t I go out?” He asks the servant who’s shocked from his pleading.

 

“I can’t let you do that, Sir.” Taehyung pouts. 

 

“You’re really going to just let me die of boredom,” Taehyung whines like a kid. He actually, wasn’t that bothered by it. There’s still so many rooms he hasn’t explored. But, just going out to have fun is getting the best of him. 

 

“I-I really can’t, Sir.” Taehyung gives him his best puppy eyes. The servant looks back down to avoid Taehyung’s emotion filled eyes. “Seokjin’s orders.” 

 

Taehyung leans back amused. Seokjin. He chuckles. Seems like Seokjin does know him a bit then. “Fine. I’ll go back upstairs.” He makes his way back up the stairs and into his shared bedroom with Seokjin. 

 

What to do? He falls onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. He knows he should just stay home. Take a nap. He rolls over. He took so many naps at the hospital though. ‘Seokjin’s orders. Seokjin’s orders,’ he chants to himself. 

 

His eyes fall on the balcony door. 

 

~~~~

 

“Oof!” Taehyung grunts as he lands on his feet, feeling a fast ray of pain race up his legs. He wipes his hands on his pants. A little rusty but, he still got the moves. He sneaks around the house. Seokjin probably told all the servants that he shouldn’t go out. 

 

He presses his lips together in thought. He can’t drive out of here without being seen. ‘I can just walk.’ So, Taehyung moves like the shadow and gets to the gate. He holds his breath as he unlocks it and opens it just enough for him to slip through. 

 

He slides through and closes it. He looks around and realizes he’s never walked this street before. Only driving. 

 

Yet, he makes his way down the street, following the car’s footsteps. 

 

After a while, he stops to take a breath. He looks at his phone. It’s not even half an hour yet. It doesn’t feel like autumn anymore as he could feel sweat forming. He used to walk all the time when he wasn’t yet V. 

 

Now that he thinks about it, he has not work out physically for some time. He pats his stomach. And he’s been eating good. Making a mental note to start working out daily, he starts moving again. Turning on some music to keep him company. 

 

His sore feet goes away and he’s brought back to the time he would just work at the convenience store, play basketball, and . . that’s it. 

 

He stops when he comes upon a cafe at the corner. He’s actually walked a long way. He hopes he remembers his way home. He reaches for his wallet, which he thankfully brought with him. ‘I should get a snack.’ 

 

So, he enters the cafe. Two walls are big windows, making the cafe bright and lively. It’s not that busy due to the time. He goes over to the counter, ordering a simple slice of white cake. 

 

He goes sits down at the stool facing out the window. He has his earbuds in and listens to music as he waits. If he weren’t being V, what would he be doing right now? He wants to say he doesn’t know. But, he does know. The same thing he was doing before this. Nothing, really.

 

His cake comes and he’s happy to stop thinking. Deep thinking about matters like that never suits him. 

 

He takes out his earbuds and nibbles on the white cake, just enjoying the taste of it. He watches the cars and people passing by. All minding their own business. Without even meaning to, his eyes fall on a familiar backside. 

 

He tilts his head as the guy enters the library across. “What’s he doing?” Taehyung whispers to himself. All though his better half was telling him not to interfere. His curious half urged him on. 

 

So, he pays for the cake and quickly crosses the street. A library. Taehyung enters and immediately feels the warmness. He walks over to a bookshelf, eyes quickly doing a search for the guy who brought him here. 

 

 Up the stairs he go. He waits a bit to leave distance between them before following. The guy doesn’t seem to be looking for a book. More like another person. ‘What are you doing, Jungkook?’ Taehyung watches as Jungkook walks past the book aisles. 

 

He stops at one aisle and smiles. Taehyung puts the book he was holding down and leans forward. He couldn’t see who Jungkook was looking at. He moves closer, making sure to keep his distance. 

 

Jungkook seems to be talking to a guy. But, he was blocking him from Taehyung’s view. Jungkook moves out the way, seemingly laughing a little. 

 

Taehyung’s jaw falls open. They were walking out the aisle now. He turns and presses himself behind a nearby pole. He waits till their footsteps pass. He stands out from his hiding place, watching as the two descend down the stairs.

 

“Jungkook and Hoseok?” Taehyung tilts his head at the combination. They don’t even seem to know each other. Not acknowledging each other at all from all the times he remember. 

 

~~~~

 

Relief falls over him as he lands on his feet. The gate is way higher than it looks. Seokjin shouldn’t be home yet. Still a little shaky, he runs around the side of the house. 

 

He stops and looks up at the balcony. Why did he decide to climb so much today? He kneels over taking one last breath. ‘I definitely need to get in shape more.’ He stands up, stretching his arms and legs. Here goes nothing.

 

He carefully makes his way up. It would be funny if he died like this. He swings his legs over the railing. Yes! He falls onto his , sitting. Remembering that he should look like he never left, he gets up. 

 

He goes to the closet. Which pajamas should he wear? The silky blue ones with white stripes, the red Evenie, the black and white plaid, or the Louis Vuitton. 

 

He opens the closet door and jumps back. “Jin?” Seokjin stands in his closet with arms crossed. “I-uh went out for a climb.” Seokjin raise his brows, looking him up and down. “It’s cold so . .” He gestures at his outfit. “Stay warm,” he offers a small smile and a thumbs up.

 

“V,” Seokjin comes over to him. “You could’ve cracked your head open.” 

 

“But, I didn’t,” his voice comes out deeper than he thought and he clears his throat. 

 

“But, you could’ve.” Seokjin stands in front of him. 

 

“But, I didn’t,” he says leisurely. Seokjin blows out an exasperated sigh and turns away. “Okay. Okay. Sorry. I should’ve stayed in.” Seokjin has a small smirk. Maybe, he gave in too quickly. He leans forward and Seokjin looks back at him, surprise in his eyes. “Is that what you want me to say?” Taehyung whispers in a deep, breathy voice. He struggles to keep from smiling at his teasing. 

 

Seokjin looks flabbergasted and he steps back but, Taehyung’s quicker too move. He wraps an arm around Seokjin’s waist and moves closer to him. He has a small waist. “You didn’t answer me,” Taehyung tells him.

 

Seokjin’s hand comes up to his chest, pressing against it as if to the keep the distance. “N-no?” He winces as he says that. Taehyung couldn’t hold it in anymore and allows his smile to show. Chuckling along with it. 

 

“I’m just teasing you,” Taehyung says between laughs. Seokjin is silent and that causes him to stop laughing. 

 

“You act all sorts. I don’t know when you’re sincere anymore,” Seokjin mutters. 

 

Shakily, Taehyung brings his hand up to Seokjin’s face. Just as it’s about to reach Seokjin’s cheek, he drops it, feeling Seokjin’s attention on him. He bites his lip and makes contact with Seokjin. 

 

His arm is still wrapped around Seokjin’s petite waist. “I won’t tease you anymore.” He wets his lips. “Everything I do from now on is real. The sincere me.” 

 

~~~~

 

“I might stay later than usual to catch up on work. Is that fine with you?” Taehyung asks as he fixes his watch. 

 

Seokjin comes to his side and brings his hand up to Taehyung’s collar. “Am I really that controlling to you?” Seokjin asks with a small smile as he fixes Taehyung’s tie. 

 

Taehyung could feel his face heating up. Here Seokjin is, fixing his tie with a soft smile. “I just don’t want you to be sad.” 

 

“Sad?” Seokjin looks offended but, he presses his lips together. “It’s fine with me. Just don’t . .” Taehyung waits eagerly. Seokjin’s eyes drift from Taehyung’s tie to Taehyung. He shakes his head. “You should leave now. You don’t want to be late.” 

 

Taehyung nods and leaves for work. As he drives, his mind wanders to the car accident. He’ll most likely be targeted again. Hopefully, Seokjin won’t be with him then. He doesn’t want Jin to get hurt. 

 

Seokjin. Taehyung’s head leans back. Thinking of what he said last night and this  morning, a shy smile fall on his features. 

 

“Where did I even get that confidence from?” Taehyung asks himself. He sighs. Seokjin doesn’t hate him anymore, right?

 

~~~~

 

“V,” Hoseok calls out. Taehyung turns from his car. Hoseok rushes to his side. “We’re having a company dinner tomorrow. Wanna come?” 

 

Hoseok is very kind and friendly to him. He does not know how much Taehyung appreciates it. “Sure. Thanks for inviting me.” 

 

“No need to thank me. Like you said, we’re friends.” He nods and Hoseok says goodbye. He still doesn’t know why Jungkook and Hoseok were at the library. He wants to know but, is it right for him to ask? After all, he’s not V. 

 

He starts the car and drives to Seokjin’s restaurant. He arrives and parks the car. Just as he’s about to enter, he sees through the window. Seokjin with a man at his side. Not in a worker’s uniform. 

 

His hand that was gripping the door handle starts to loosen. More importantly, that man is Jimin. Seokjin drops something and they both bend down to pick it up. Face close to each other and hands touching. 

 

“Excuse me but, are you going to go in or just stand there?” Taehyung apologizes and opens the door for the customers to go in. He looks back into the window, catching a glimpse of Jimin wiping Seokjin’s cheek with his hand. 

 

He turns around so quick, almost losing his balance. ‘It’s not what it looks like,’ he tells himself. He picks himself up and heads to his car. Despite his words, he couldn’t bring himself to look back one more time. 

 

He tries to shake the images of Seokjin and Jimin away to his dismay. He couldn’t though as he drives. Ever since the car accident, Seokjin seemed to care more about him. Maybe Jin doesn’t really care and he just overthought all of his actions. 

 

He bites his bottom lip. A habit whenever he’s nervous or scared. How could he forget? He’s not V. Seokjin will never like him. He’s just Taehyung. 

 

Never did he wish so badly he wasn’t Taehyung until now.

 

So, he goes back to V’s office. And he drowns his sorrows into the work. Forgetting time and everything else until Hoseok knocks on his door. “Come in,” he says deflated. 

 

Hoseok comes in with a bright smile. “It’s time for dinner,” Hoseok says enthusiastically. Right. The company dinner. He smiles a bit. Eating would definitely make him feel better. He cleans up his desk and follows Hoseok out. 

 

He listens mostly to the sizzling of the meat. Oh, how he misses eating food like this. “What about you, Chairman Kim?” Taehyung looks up, meeting the face of a girl who, if he remembers correctly, gave him coffee one morning. Hei Ryung.

 

“Sorry. What did you say?” He blinks and offers a nice smile to her. It’s good that his employees are comfortable with talking to him. 

 

She beams at his attention. “We were talking about what place would be best for a first date. What’s your ideal date?” 

 

He his lip as he concentrates. His ideal date? He never thought of one for he was never interested in dating before. If he had to choose though, his mind races through the cliches dates movies has. 

 

“My ideal date would be driving out to the country side. Then, we’d lie down on a blanket, looking up at the stars. Just talking about stuff and being with each other,” he smiles at his answer. That would be nice. 

 

“Wow,” Hei Ryung exclaims. “Chairman Kim is so romantic.” The other employees nod in agreement. Romantic? He’s romantic. He felt himself smile with both set of his teeth. Will Seokjin ever see him as romantic?

 

Feeling better, he becomes more comfortable. Taking part in the conversation whenever he could. At one point he was offered soju. Hoseok laughs and pushes the liquor away. “You don’t have to drink if you don’t want to,” he whispers to Taehyung. 

 

Yeah, he shouldn’t. Then, the image of Jimin wiping Seokjin’s cheek comes to mind. Taehyung grabs the cup of soju. He gulps it down in one go. Immediately stuffing a lettuce wrap with meat in his mouth. The taste of the soju isn’t that good but, it gave him a little rush. 

 

He takes another shot. When coming to alcohol, he would just drink wine or flavored soju because they’d taste more like juice. 

 

Soon he’s laughing while being a bit tipsy. Tipsy? Tipsy! He stops his lips from touching the cup. . How much has he’s been drinking? ‘I can’t be drunk driving.’ Taehyung gets up from his seat excusing himself. 

 

He does his best to walk back to his car. Managing to not stumble. Once inside the car, he looks at a street light. Waiting for his eyes to focus. Almost. Just another minute. Once his vision clears up, he starts home. 

 

He comes home and most of the servants already took their leave. He walks up the stairs doing his best to not fall asleep right on the stairs. He pushes the door to his and Seokjin’s room open. Going over to the bed and just falling on it. 

 

The sheets just got changed and were incredibly soft. He smiles into the bed. “V,” he hears Seokjin says. Then Seokjin says it again. This time louder and he’s sitting on the bed next to him. 

 

He burps in response and blushes. That is the most unromantic thing he could’ve done. To add to his embarrassed state, Seokjin presses a hand to his forward. “Were you drinking?” Seokjin’s hand falls to his cheek as he waits for Taehyung to answer. 

 

Cheek. The image of Jimin’s hand on Seokjin’s cheek comes to him. He pushes Seokjin’s hand away. “I’m fine . .” He lets his heavy eyelids close then drifting off to dreamland.

 

When he awakes, he holds his breath. Seokjin’s face was right by his. He had his arms around Jin. He releases a shaky breath when noticing his dress shirt. ‘What the hell did I do?’ 

 

He remembers Jimin with Seokjin, then pushing Seokjin’s hand away. ‘Why did I do that?’ 

 

Taehyung moves his arms from Seokjin. He couldn’t move off the bed before Seokjin leans into him, head now resting on his shoulder. Taehyung felt fluster as he tries to move, only causing Seokjin to snuggle into him more. 

 

So, he turns his head. Bad idea. Now he couldn’t move because their noses were brushing each other. He stares, dazed by Seokjin’s beauty. He should move before Seokjin wakes up. 

 

How many times come though, when he can just look at Seokjin without worrying Seokjin will figure out he’s not V? So he lays there, just enjoying being together with Jin.