Panic

Charade

Taehyung presses his back against the wall, taking a deep breath. They’re in an abandoned building. He doesn’t know what he should do. He hears Seokjin’s loud breathing with his. He turns his head to the side where Seokjin is looking at him expectantly. 

 

For Seokjin, his dear Jin. He peeks around the corner. No one yet, but their steps are sounding closer. He needs to bring Seokjin to safety, even if it means he could possibly get hurt. 

 

He grabs Seokjin’s hand and together, they run. He doesn’t know where and when they’ll stop. They just need to leave. Even if he can’t run anymore, he’ll walk. If he can’t walk anymore, he’ll crawl.

 

He could hear louder footsteps and clearer voices. They found them. Taehyung keeps running with all his might, pulling Seokjin along. 

 

He can’t anymore. He can’t outrun them. He pulls Seokjin behind a cement pillar. “Jin, I’ll distract them while you run outside and get help. Okay?” He tells Seokjin cupping his cheek and looking into his eyes. It may be the last time for him to do so. 

 

Seokjin’s eyes well up with tears. “I can’t. I can’t do that. You’ll get hurt. They’ll kill you,” Seokjin reasons, putting his hand over Taehyung’s hand that was holding his face.

 

Taehyung could feel tears in his eyes. “No. I can’t let you die with me. They want me. If they get me, they won’t hurt you.” Taehyung presses his forehead against Seokjin’s. “I love you, Seokjin,” Taehyung looks into Seokjin’s eyes.  

 

Seokjin wraps his arms around him. Taehyung buries his face into Seokjin’s shoulder. Despite wanting to stay like this forever, Taehyung pulls away. He pushes Seokjin towards the exit. Seokjin shakes his head, hands lingering in Taehyung’s hands. 

 

“Go!” Taehyung shouts desperately. He could hear them coming closer. Seokjin pulls away painfully and moves towards the door. He looks back with a sad look. Then his eyes widen and shone panic. 

 

Taehyung felt tipsy and tired. Like he’ll just fall over any moment. He was fighting to keep his eyes open. Seokjin rushes back to him and he wants to yell at Seokjin to run away, but he couldn’t. 

 

His stomach felt wet? He presses a hand against it before bringing it up to his face. Red. Seokjin comes to his aid just as he falls down. Blood. 

 

Seokjin cradles him in his arms, shiny tears rolling down his face. Taehyung felt very exhausted. He could use a good sleep right now. He couldn’t hear a thing Jin was muttering. His eyes kept fluttering, trying to not lose the image of Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin was putting pressure on his wound, still he was losing Taehyung. He gives up and just cups Taehyung’s cheek. Taehyung had a far-away look in his eyes but he smiled when Seokjin cups his cheek. 

 

There was blood on his cheek but, he couldn’t care less. As he blinked, he could tell his eyes were taking much more time in closing. 

 

Before the vision of Seokjin slipped into the darkness, Seokjin spoke softly, “Taehyung.” 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung opens his eyes to beeping. Where was he? Hospital? He sits up, getting full view of the room. 

 

Not hospital. His and Seokjin’s bedroom. The beeping coming from his alarm clock. “Ahh!” Taehyung runs his hands through his head while shaking his head. Just a dream. Just a dream. Actually, a nightmare. 

 

He recalls what Seokjin said just before he woke up. “Taehyung.” He stops the alarm and gets out of the bed. Of course it’s just a dream. Seokjin knows him as V not Taehyung. 

 

“He’ll never call me Taehyung,” Taehyung mutters as he changes into his work clothes. Despite the nightmare, he’s pretty excited for today.

 

After work, he’ll go pick Seokjin up. They’ll go to the mall where they’ll pick out gifts for V’s mom. He told Seokjin this game plan last night and thought Seokjin would refused. But, he just hummed in agreement. 

 

Taehyung pushes the black suit away and tries to look for a colored suit. He doesn’t like wearing the black suit because then, he really looks like a CEO. Instead, favoring the blue and gray suits. He comes across fancy suits coloring in all black to one in a slim pink. ‘I gotta wear this at least once.’ 

 

He saves the pink suit for a special occasion and slips into a simple black and white outfit. Black blazer, black pants, black dress shoes, black tie, and white dress shirt. He leaves the black tie behind. 

 

Taehyung checks himself out in the mirror. “Nice. I look like a k-pop idol,” he says to himself. He styles his brown hair a bit, almost like how V usually does his hair. He skips downstairs already pleased with himself for being on time. He may even be early. 

 

Seokjin seems to be just about ready to leave. Taehyung pouts a little. He doesn’t know why Seokjin leaves so early when he doesn’t have to. Seokjin sees him and comes to his side right away. 

 

He stands in front of Taehyung with scrutinizing eyes. “Why aren’t you wearing a tie?” 

 

Taehyung hardens his look, feeling rebellious. “I think I look good,” he tells Seokjin in a deep, dominant voice. 

 

Seokjin opens the one-strapped bag he has. He reaches inside and pulls out a black tie. He pulls it around Taehyung’s neck and starts tying it. “You should never go out without a tie. You’ll look childish.” 

 

“What if I want to be a child? Would you take care of me?” Taehyung says not knowing where the confidence is coming from. He looks intensely at Seokjin, who’s looking at him. 

 

Seokjin’s scolding eyes mold into something else. Taehyung is immediately brought back to his nightmare. Seokjin looking at him while caressing his face, even calling out his name.

 

Seokjin takes a step back. “I’m not you mom. Geez.” He turns his head away as Taehyung grins at him. 

 

~~~~

 

“Chairman Kim, I have some news,” Hoseok stands by his desk looking down. 

 

“Continue,” Taehyung says. Hoseok pulls out his iPad, finger swiping and tapping. Taehyung felt nervous. Was this news well? Why did Hoseok look like that then? After what felt like forever, Hoseok places the iPad in front of him. 

 

“Our sales rates have changed by a lot,” Hoseok tells him as he looks down at the chart. Taehyung’s worries disappears as he reads the graph. “They went up,” Hoseok tells him with a smile. 

 

Taehyung felt so so happy. “Ah. That’s good. We’ll have a meeting tomorrow to inform the others. You are dismissed,” he manages to say calmly. Hoseok bows before leaving. 

 

The door clicks and Taehyung gets out of his chair doing a happy dance. He did it. He didn’t burn the company to hell. He has some brains after all. He’s so happy and wants to do even better. 

 

He plops back down into the chair and start reading the stack of papers on his desk, humming as he did so. 

 

Time passes and soon Taehyung’s up and out of his office, heading to Seokjin’s workplace. 

 

When he plops into the kitchen, Seokjin is already by his side. They walk together with workers and customers’ eyes on the powerful couple. Taehyung pushes the door open only to be hit with water. 

 

“Rain wasn’t on the forecast,” Taehyung whines. Seokjin sighs but steps into the rain. Taehyung races through his mind. He parked on the other side of the parking lot. They’ll be soaked when they reach the car. 

 

Seokjin looks up as the feeling of rain dissipated. Taehyung holds his blazer over both of their heads. He could feel Seokjin’s gaze on him but, continues walking to the car, making sure Seokjin wouldn’t get wet. 

 

They enter the car with both being dry for the most part. Taehyung turns on the heater to warm them up. He never thought he would turn the heater on during summer. 

 

Taehyung drives carefully as the rain was pounding on them harder. He wasn’t sure if they should just go home with this kind of whether. He was scared that if they go home now, there won’t be another chance to go to the mall together. 

 

Yet, he turns on the road to the mall. So what. He won’t let the rain ruin his day. He’ll be busy with work the next couple of days. 

 

He tries his best to park close to the entrance. Luck was on his side. They hurry into the mall. Taehyung wipes the rain off his face as they walk around. He’s never been here before. Though it’s been a while since he came here, he didn’t explore much. This is all new to him. 

 

He follows Seokjin who knows where he’s going. Taehyung watches as Seokjin’s soft eyes roam the mall, a sense of serene coming off of him. ‘He must like being here. Not at work or home.’ Taehyung smiles at the sight of Seokjin who abruptly stops, causing Taehyung to bump into his back. 

 

Seokjin gives him a questioning glance. Taehyung stands up straight, adjusting his blazer and tie, avoiding Seokjin’s glance. “Do you have a gift in mind?” Seokjin asks him. 

 

He shakes his head. He doesn’t really know Mrs. Kim. She’ll understand if he doesn’t get her a present but, Seokjin won’t understand. He must look like an ungrateful child right now. “I want you to help me choose it.” 

 

Seokjin looks shocked at his words. “Really?” 

 

“Why else would I say that?” Taehyung says watching Seokjin, who turns around. 

 

“Okay then. We can start off with jewelry.” Before Taehyung could say anything, Seokjin was already walking away and fast. 

 

~~~~

 

“It’s pretty. I want to get this one.” Taehyung looks towards Seokjin for approval. Seokjin takes the necklace he’s holding. 

 

“You should get the earrings and bracelet too. Mom likes wearing sets,” Seokjin tells him examining the emerald necklace. Taehyung’s phone rings and he looks at the caller ID. Hoseok. 

 

“Jin,” Taehyung starts, earning his attention. “It’s Hoseok. Can you look over the set first while I take this call?” Seokjin nods and Taehyung goes out of the store. 

 

Hoseok just asked about his schedule, planning it so it worked out for Taehyung. “Thanks, Secretary Jung. Bye.” He rushes back inside the jewelry store, not wanting Seokjin to wait long. 

 

Taehyung pays and they leave the jewelry store. This time, Seokjin wasn’t walking ahead of Taehyung. Choosing to walk next to him instead. Seokjin already got Mrs. Kim a present so they were basically done. Taehyung didn’t voice that though, not wanting this to end. 

 

“Let’s go in here. I need some new clothes,” Taehyung breaks the silence. It was obviously a lie. V’s closet extended forever. Seokjin follows him in obediently.

 

Taehyung grabs a random coat, slipping his arms in. It fits him perfectly. “Jin, does this look good?” He turns to Seokjin who stifles a giggle. Taehyung raises his arm to his eyes. It was just a yellow fur coat. 

 

“You look like a chicken,” Seokjin says smiling. Taehyung was flabbergasted by Seokjin’s comment and smile. He runs to a mirror and couldn’t help his own escaped laughter. 

 

He does look like a chicken. Seokjin follows him, chuckling a little. “You lied to me,” Taehyung says in a serious voice. “I don’t look like a chicken.” He turns around to Seokjin. “I look like baby chicken. A chick.” He cups his cheeks with both of his hands.

 

Seokjin laughs, causing Taehyung to showcase both set of teeth as he smiles. This is the happiest he has seen Seokjin since meeting him. 

 

They shop for Taehyung. Picking out things for him to try. Taehyung comes out of the fitting room in an outfit Seokjin picked. A light pink jacket with light pink buttons. A light and flowing light pink t-shirt underneath. While the upper half is pink, the lower half isn’t. His pants were loose and white with a white belt. Then, he wore a white laced up pair of sneakers.

 

Seokjin knew his stuff. That’s for sure. Taehyung strolls around the store, searching for Seokjin. He finds him at a clothes rack, going through the clothes with sharp eyes and moving diligently. 

 

Taehyung comes from behind him. Then, he wraps his arms around Seokjin. “Boo!” he whispers into Seokjin’s ears. Seokjin flinches and turns his head slightly. 

 

“V-V you scared me,” Seokjin tells him but, didn’t even sound that shake up. His voice seemingly small. 

 

Taehyung leans his head on Seokjin’s shoulder. “That’s what I intended to do,” he tells Seokjin with bright eyes. Seokjin turns his head abruptly as if to hide from Taehyung. 

 

A light bulb turns on in his head and feels his heartbeat pick up. Is he perhaps making Seokjin blush right now? Nah. No way. Seokjin would never blush because of him. Right? 

 

He bites his lip to contain his growing smile. It doesn’t hurt to think like so, though. “Seokjin,” Taehyung uses his full name. “Am I still scaring you?” he asks in a playful tone. 

 

Seokjin’s jaw drops at his words, amusing Taehyung. “No. Now, let go of me,” Seokjin tells him loudly and confidently. 

 

Taehyung tightens his grip as Seokjin squirms. “What if I don’t want to?” Taehyung says just as Seokjin turns and fully face him. 

 

Taehyung smiles as Seokjin registers what he said. The tips of Seokjin’s ears turn pink and he gets a sudden boost of power and pushes Taehyung away. Seokjin looks down at the floor when Taehyung meets his eyes. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung looks up at Seokjin who is happily devouring his burger. They are currently in the food court, both got burgers for dinner. He looks out the big windows. Wow. He didn’t even realize how much time had passed. 

 

It’s like he was too happy to not notice time passing by. Even though Seokjin and him had so much fun in that clothes store, since they left, Seokjin became quiet and like his old self. It was like leaving that store meant leaving the real Seokjin. 

 

He would like to say he has become closer to Seokjin in a way. He could tell though, Seokjin kept walking back whenever they got too close. 

 

“Are you finished with your food?” Seokjin asks politely across the table. Taehyung looks down at his food. There’s a couple of fries left. 

 

“Yeah. Is there someplace else you want to go?” Taehyung asks, cleaning up their trash. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head and helps him. “It’s late. Let’s just go home.” 

 

Taehyung felt himself slump at Seokjin’s answer but, nonetheless agree. They leave the mall and it’s silent in the car all the way home.

 

When they reach home, Seokjin is quick to open the car door, leaving Taehyung alone. Taehyung follows with the shopping bags, thinking carefully on what to do. Maybe he should just not talk to Seokjin for the rest of the day. 

 

Well, it was going to be night soon anyways. Taehyung sticks to his earlier thought and the couple goes to sleep not exchanging a single word. 

 

Taehyung wakes up extra early the next morning. Feeling productive, he drives off to work right away. Not eating breakfast. 

 

He comes in and exchange greetings with everyone he sees. The employees don’t seem so timid anymore. He arrives at his office and Hoseok isn’t even here yet. He goes through his work, taking his time to make sure everything is at it’s best. 

 

The best he can make it. A knock breaks the serene room. “Come in,” he momentarily looks up at who’s coming in. 

 

Hoseok smiles brightly and greets him. He gives Taehyung a file he asked for last night, along with a cup of coffee. Taehyung thanks him and opens the file. Hoseok updates him with news as he looks through the file. Reluctantly sipping the coffee. 

 

V is a coffee person so he deals with it. He personally doesn’t like coffee. Preferring hot chocolate instead. Hoseok finishes and excuses himself, leaving Taehyung back to his work. 

 

Taehyung continues working for the rest of the day. He eats his lunch and continues working. He leans back in his chair, noticing the sunset. ‘I should go home now. Actually, I can squeeze in a couple of more papers.’ 

 

So he works away, feeling the tiredness only when he rests his head on his desk. A little nap wouldn’t hurt. 

 

“!” Taehyung sits up, feeling the sun’s warmth on him. He stands up wobbly and walks over to the big window. Life buzzed below him. It was a new day. He didn’t go home last night. “Jin,” Taehyung gasped. 

 

Taehyung grabs his phone and runs out of his office. It was early so not many people were around. He runs to his car, ignoring the looks he got. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung bit his lip as Seokjin ignored his question. He’s been ignoring Taehyung since he didn’t come home that night. A couple days passed and now they were on their way to V’s mom’s birthday party. 

 

He really wants to hear Seokjin’s laughter. And see those sparkling eyes as he laughs. Oh, his laughter is so nice. Too nice for words. Taehyung smiles at the image of Seokjin doubling over with laughter. 

 

He peers over to the side where Seokjin is looking out the window disinterested and so far away. He wants to reach over to Seokjin and ask what’s going on in his head. But, he doesn’t want to ruin more of his relationship with Seokjin. 

 

If you can call it a relationship, anyways. He never did call Taehyung by his real name. Just V, because that’s who he is to Seokjin. Just Kim V. Not Kim Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung realizes his thoughts and shakes them away. Wondering why he was thinking about that and feeling so down about it. 

 

They shortly arrive. Seokjin waits as Taehyung gets his gift. They go to the door together and were welcomed with a bright, happy face. “Seokjin! V! I haven’t seen you two in forever!” Mrs. Kim pulls Seokjin into an embrace. Seokjin laughs at her exaggeration. 

 

After pushing Seokjin inside, Mrs. Kim turns to Taehyung. “Hi, Mrs. Kim,” Taehyung whispers, bowing. When he stands up, he’s pulled into a hug just like Seokjin. 

 

“Again, thank you so much, Taehyung.” The name sounded so foreign to him, as he hasn’t heard it for a while. He miss hearing it. She pulls away and pats his hair. “How have you been holding up?” 

 

They slowly walk into the house. “It’s fine, actually. I’m doing better than I thought.” Mrs. Kim smiles at his words. “Have you and Mr. Kim been well?” Taehyung asks. 

 

“Of course. Of course. V’s condition hasn’t changed much but, he’s not relapsing.” Taehyung nods and they go to the living room where Seokjin is with Mr. Kim. Taehyung’s surprised that they’re the first one here, but that’s a good thing. 

 

He looks out the window to the backyard that was decorated beautifully. He was told it was just a small party with only close friends and family but, there were a lot of tables. Servants could be seen running back and forth to perfect everything. Taehyung turns away from the window when the doorbell rings. 

 

Soon, many people were arriving. The back yard was ready and they went out to enjoy the nice sun and breeze. Taehyung spent a lot of time with just Namjoon and Jungkook. Whenever he came to Seokjin’s side, he would run away with the excuse of helping to refill the snacks table, helping out in the kitchen, etc. 

 

He couldn’t avoid Taehyung though, as they were all gathered together to sing happy birthday. Taehyung slips to his side, missing Seokjin. 

 

Afterwards, it was gift opening time. Taehyung wished he got something other than jewelry, for that gift was so common. His gift did receive lots of oohs and ahhs. Seokjin’s gift comes in a big box. He brings it over personally, pulling Taehyung with him. 

 

“We got this for you. I think it would brighten all your days,” Seokjin tells Mrs. Kim. Everybody leans in as Mrs. Kim pulls the lid off. Her jaw drops then comes back up, bringing a wide smile. 

 

“She’s adorable!” Mrs. Kim pulls out a King Charles Spaniel sporting a pink bow around her neck. “Thank you, Seokjin and V.” She pulls them into a hug. 

 

~~~~

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to get her a puppy?” Taehyung asks Seokjin. They were upstairs in the empty hallway. Everybody else was still outside eating cake and socializing. 

 

Seokjin had came up to use the restroom and Taehyung followed. “Why?” Seokjin asks as he looks out the window. 

 

“It would have been fun to pick out the puppy together,” Taehyung says softly and truthfully. Seokjin stays silent and continues looking out the window. “You look very good today,” Taehyung starts, coming to Seokjin’s side. 

 

“Sky blue matches you. It makes your black hair darker which makes your face whiter. So, you end up looking very bright. Very. . .” Taehyung felt his heartbeat increase and his cheeks warm up. “Pretty.” 

 

Seokjin turns to him and he ducks, feeling shy from what he just said. “Why do you keep acting like this?” he asks with a hurt look in his eyes. 

 

“W-what do you mean?” Taehyung didn’t think Seokjin would react this way. 

 

“Acting like you care about me,” Seokjin whispers, eyes glossy.

 

Taehyung felt his heart drop. Did Seokjin really think he was faking all of this? He isn’t. He does care for Seokjin. A lot actually. Maybe too much for his own good. 

 

“I’m not,” Taehyung manages to say. Seokjin’s eyes widen at his words but, he blinks and the emotion in his eyes fall away. “Jin, I-“ Taehyung stops as he hears footsteps coming up the stairs. 

 

Jungkook’s eyes widen at the sight of them. “Oh, why aren’t you two downstairs? Mrs. Kim wants to take pictures.”

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung smiles as the camera clicks. He didn’t want to take pictures, feeling odd because in these photos, he’s supposedly V. Well, he’s V right now too. He removes his arm that’s around V’s mom, thinking that picture time’s done. 

 

“Wait,” one of Mrs. Kim’s friend says as the trio breaks apart. “V and Seokjin should take a photo together. They looks so good together,” she gushes. Mrs. Kim’s other friends adds on, urging the married couple. 

 

“That’s true. We should remember this moment,” V’s mom says. 

 

The couple stand back in front of the camera with an awkward space between them. They earn giggles from Mrs. Kim and her friends. Mrs. Kim gestures for Taehyung to scoot closer to Seokjin. 

 

Taehyung takes in a deep breath, feeling the awkwardness for sure. Especially because of what just happened earlier. Yet, he wraps an arm around Seokjin’s waist and brings himself closer to Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin leans into Taehyung’s touch, making Taehyung’s heart jump. They smile and hear the click of the camera, along with Mrs. Kim and her friends’ giggles. 

 

After a few words with Mrs. Kim’s friends, Taehyung and Seokjin walk over to a secluded area. A lot of people were dancing in the center. Taehyung spotted Jungkook busting some moves in the middle of the crowd. 

 

He wanted to stay and watch, but Seokjin was walking the other way. He sits down beside Seokjin who was looking at the crowd. They were farther away now. “Do you want to see them dance?” Taehyung asks. 

 

Seokjin nods. “But, I like the quietness too.” 

 

“What if you can have both the quietness and see the dancing?” Taehyung asks him, coming up with an idea.

 

“How would that happen?” Seokjin turns to him. Taehyung points at himself, then stands up. He waits until he could hear the song more then he started dancing. 

 

Seokjin’s eyes widen but, the corners of his mouth turned upwards. Seeing Seokjin smile again, adds more to Taehyung’s confidence. He bites his lip and really feels himself. 

 

He didn’t even care about how bad his dancing was or if his expressions were weird. He just danced, seeing Seokjin’s smile and hearing his quiet giggles were enough for him. 

 

The song ends and he falls down to his knees dramatically, causing laughter to erupt from Seokjin. Taehyung plops down next to him, fanning himself with his hand. He didn’t realize how all out he was going. 

 

He smiles to himself as he realizes he just made Seokjin smile for almost five minutes. Then, he feels a nudge on his arm. Seokjin’s holding a handkerchief. “You’re so sweaty.” 

 

Taehyung stares, not registering what Seokjin wanted him to do. Seokjin sighs and grabs his hand. He puts the handkerchief in Taehyung’s hand. “Wipe away your sweat. I’ll go grab a drink for you.” Taehyung dabs at his sweat as Seokjin leaves.

 

Taehyung smiles as Seokjin hands him his drink. Coca-cola. “Thank you,” Taehyung thanks him. He takes a sip, feeling the sizzle on his tongue. He catches Seokjin watching him. “Do you want a sip?” He offers the soda to him. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head. “I got it for you. Not me.” Taehyung frowns at his answer. 

 

“Who says we can’t share? Here.” He grabs Seokjin’s hand and puts it around the can. “Now, drink,” he tells Seokjin, like a child. Seokjin brings the can up to his lips, taking a small sip. He passes it back to Taehyung. “See. Food and drinks tastes so much better when you share it,” Taehyung chirps. 

 

He continues drinking his can of coke. The distant sound of music keeping them company. It’s nice to just enjoy the presence of each other. No words needed. He glances over to Seokjin to see if he’s enjoying their time. A small smile grace his full lips. 

 

As the stars sprinkled the night sky, the guests starts leaving. Taehyung and Seokjin were one of the last to leave. They get in the car, ready to go home. As Taehyung drives, he realizes that he’s happier than when they first came here. Seokjin seems to be too. 

 

“Can I have breakfast with you tomorrow?” Taehyung asks carefully. They haven’t eaten a meal together for a couple days now. 

 

“Sure,” Seokjin replies gently. Taehyung felt a grin spread on his face. Then, Seokjin turns on some music. Piano. 

 

Funny, how he’s been driving this car for some time now, but never the music. ‘This must be what V listens to.’ Taehyung focuses on the melody of the piano. Out of the corners of his eyes, he searches for the title. Nuvole Bianche. 

 

“V,” Seokjin starts. He shifts in his seat. He bites his lips as if searching for the right words to say. 

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung turns to him, curious to what he was going to say. 

 

“Uh,” Seokjin stutters. Taehyung chuckles silently at how embarrassed he was. His eyes go back to the road. Red light. He steps on the brake, but it didn’t go down. He steps on it again, harsher. 

 

No movement. ‘What the?’ He quickly looks down. There’s nothing under the brakes. “What’s wrong?” Seokjin asks sensing his panic. 

 

“I-I” he looks up. They were heading straight to a car that’s crossing. He turns to Seokjin who’s eyes were wide with panic. ‘I can’t die like this. Seokjin can’t die like this.’

 

So, his sweaty hands that were glued to the steering wheel did a quick turn to the right. The car swerved, hitting a light post instead. His vision went blurry and he felt a sharp pain somewhere. His thoughts were racing. ‘Jin. Seokjin. He has to be safe.’ 

 

He looks to the passenger side, where Seokjin was passed out. “Seokjin,” he calls out but, it only came out as a whisper. His hands reach up to shake Seokjin gently. “Seokjin,” he calls out again. No answer.

 

Taehyung’s hand reach for his neck, feeling for a pulse. He holds his breath until he felt the pulse beat rhythmically. He pulls back, relieved. They need to get out of here. He pushes at his door. It was stuck. 

 

He pushes again. Stuck. He searches for his phone that isn’t in his pocket anymore. It must’ve slipped out. His head falls back. For the first time in his life, he felt hopeless. 

 

The music had stopped sometime when they crashed. Yet, he heard a small beeping. He looks around. The car’s monitor and power seems to be dead. So, what was causing the beeping? 

 

‘Think Tae. Think!’ His mind races over many scenarios he’s seen before in movies. Beeping. Commonly used in movies. Beeping of a hospital monitor. Beeping from a bomb. Bomb? “Bomb!” 

 

He sits up. They need to get out before the bomb explodes. He pushes at his door again. It didn’t budge. He groans in frustration, pushing again. He leans his forehead against the cracked window. 

 

“Please help me,” he calls out desperately. “Anyone. Please.” He looks over to Seokjin’s peaceful face. “I can’t let him die like this. Please.” He pushes at the door again. 

 

He falls back in his seat, hearing the beeping increase. His eyes fall to the rear view mirror. The back. Those doors shouldn’t be jammed. He barely has room to move though. The airbag came up and the car ran straight to a pole. 

 

He wiggles his legs. ‘I can do this. I can do this.’ He has to at least try. There were no people around to help. Beep. Beep. This is on him. He counts in head and uses all his might to pull himself out of his seat. 

 

He crouches and crawls to the back seats. Beep. Beep. He moves quickly, the beeping yelling in his ears. He pushes at the door behind Seokjin’s seat. Click. 

 

He never felt so relieved. He steps out, taking in a deep breath. But, moves straight to Seokjin’s door. He pulls it open. Beep. Beep. He puts an arm under Seokjin, carrying him bridal style. 

 

He stumbles back, struggling to pull Seokjin out. Seokjin stirs. He succeeds just as Seokjin wakes up. “V. . .” Seokjin’s eyes scan his face. 

 

Taehyung felt so good to hear Seokjin again. He wanted to ask if Seokjin was alright. But, they need to get away fast. He looks around and spots a tree some distance away. That should be good enough to not get hurt at all from the bomb. 

 

He runs as fast as he can towards the tree, hearing the beeping, faster than it was before. Seokjin tightens his arms around Taehyung’s neck, keeping quiet. He sets Seokjin down next to the tree. 

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Taehyung asks worriedly. 

 

“I don’t think so. What about you?” Seokjin’s hand reaches for his forehead. “You’re bleeding.” 

 

‘When did that happen?’ “I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt.” Seokjin doesn’t seem to be convinced. 

 

“There’s a lot of blood, though,” Seokjin tells him, voice laced panic. He did feel a bit lightheaded. Taehyung sits down beside him. Seokjin’s hand presses on his wound, making him wince. 

 

His head falls over to Seokjin’s shoulder. “V, stay with me. Okay?” Taehyung just nods, not having enough energy to talk. 

 

Yet, despite Seokjin telling him to not close his eyes, he felt them close and the darkness clouded his vision.