Destiny

Charade

“Someone knows...” Taehyung whispers. “What do we do?” 

 

“I-“ Jungkook clenches his eyes at the words scrawled on the back of the photo of Taehyung and Seokjin. Taehyung stares out the window. V’s not awake yet. Jungkook and Namjoon don’t have this pinned fully on Jimin yet. 

 

He can just walk away from this. All of this. Can walk away from the person trying to kill V, the business, from Jin. Taehyung doesn’t want to do that though. How can he leave when things aren’t resolved yet? Even with his life on the line, he doesn’t want to leave yet. 

 

Jungkook came to see him at V’s house. Namjoon’s busy with something so Jungkook came alone. Taehyung’s still in V’s black pajamas, sitting on the bed. Thankfully, Seokjin left for work. 

 

Jungkook’s nibbling on his bottom lip, clearly in deep thoughts. “You don’t have to continue this anymore. Namjoon and I-“ 

 

“I want to do this,” Taehyung says loudly. He turns to Jungkook. “I want to help you and Namjoon catch whoever’s doing this. Even if I’ll get hurt,” Seokjin’s face flashes in his mind. “I’m not leaving. Not until this is over.” He isn’t going to run just because someone found out. 

 

“Tae...” Jungkook looks down. “I don’t want to keep getting you in danger. Especially, now that they know you’re not V. They’ll do anything to find him...” Taehyung felt himself frowning. Seeing Jungkook care about him this much makes him, even more, determined to find out who’s doing this. 

 

He goes over to Jungkook, putting a hand on his shoulder. “I won’t get hurt. I promise.” Jungkook lifts his head to look at him. Thinking about it, he’s been pretty lucky to not get any serious injuries. Hopefully, that lucks stay with him. “We’ll catch this guy together and I’ll be without a scratch.”

 

~~~~

 

“It’s not your fault.” 

 

Taehyung lifts his head, smiling a little. “I know. That’s what Namjoon and Jungkook keep saying” Still, he can’t help but feel like it is his fault that someone knows he’s not V.

 

“And what they’re saying is true,” V’s mom says. She smiles and pats the seat next to him. Taehyung gets up from his seat that’s adjacent to her, sitting next to her as she asked. 

 

She looks at him warmheartedly and the back of his head. It feels odd but comforting. It’s been a while since he felt his mom’s affections as she’s in another country. “I never told you how I found you, did I?” She asks Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. He almost forgot that V’s mom’s the one who recommended him to be in place of V. She looks at his face as if remembering the first time she saw it. 

 

 

****

 

“Mommy,” V says. 

 

“Yeah, baby,” I squeeze his cheek.

 

“Can I get ice cream?” He smiles sheepishly. I laugh at his adorableness. 

 

“Of course you can. Let me guess, mint chocolate chip?” He nods eagerly. I get up, holding his hand so we can walk side by side. However, he lets go. 

 

“I’m so tired. Can I just wait here?” V asks me with puppy eyes. Before I could object he says, “I know to stay away from bad people. If they try to take me away, I will scream really really loud. Okay, Mommy?” 

 

“You’re so smart,” I lean down and kiss his head. “Don’t go anywhere. I’ll just be right there,” I point towards the ice cream place which is only a couple feet away. He nods, leaning into the bench. 

 

As I walk away, I keep turning to check on him. “Mommy, I’m fine!” He yells after my tenth time turning to look at him. I giggle at his reassurance and focus on getting his ice cream. 

 

“One mint ice cream cone.” As I pay for it, I feel something bump my leg. I look down to see V rubbing his eye. “Here you go, Mr. Impatient,” I hand him the ice cream cone. 

 

He scrunches his face. “Mint Chocolate Chip, eww.” Eww? It’s his favorite. I then notice that his clothes are different. What? When did he change clothes? 

 

“V?” I ask, confused. 

 

“V?” He tilts his head. “Who’s V?” My mouth opens to tell him to stop playing but this V in front of me does seem different. His clothes, the way he rubs his eyes, to the tone of his voice. 

 

I look up to where I left V. My eyes widen because sitting on the bench is V. I look back at the child in front of me who’s salivating at the ice cream on display. “Do you want ice cream?” I ask him, still in shock.

 

He looks surprised by my offer but smiles brightly. “Yeah! Vanilla!” I smile and ask for a vanilla cone. Once handed to him, he goes to it but stops and looks up at me. “Thank you,” he smiles sheepishly. 

 

I was still struck by how he looks so familiar to V. “What’s your name?” I ask him. 

 

“Tae-Hyung.” He smiles, “But my mom calls me Tae Tae.” Realization dawns on his face. “Oh, Mommy.” He turns to look behind him. “Thank you for the ice cream, Miss,” he bows before running off to the direction he looked at. 

 

I’m still dazed by this child who resembles V so closely as I go back to V. It’s not like I gave birth to twins or anything like that. As V eats his ice cream, I can’t help but think of Taehyung. 

 

****

 

 

“I never saw you again until you came here to be V. You grew up so well and look so much like V still. However this time, I can tell the difference between you and V quite well,” she tells me. Before Taehyung could ask what she means, a knock interrupts him.

 

A servant comes in to tell V’s mom she has an appointment coming up. Taehyung leaves, looking back at the house. The place he first came to upon being V. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung’s sitting on the balcony, looking down at the green grass. The image of him kneeling there and looking up at Jin comes to mind. The past months have felt like a very nice dream. It felt like a different world. 

 

“How are you feeling?” Seokjin appears next to him. Taehyung continues looking straight ahead, his heart is still heavy. How would Seokjin react to all of this? He feels Seokjin’s shoulder touch his. “Has something been bothering you?” Seokjin asks softly. He holds Taehyung’s hand.

 

Taehyung could feel his eyes on him but he couldn’t turn to look. “When you were passed out, I started thinking of the past two weeks. Looking back on it, you seemed to have a lot of your mind.” Seokjin looks down. “I was probably bothering you a lot.” 

 

Bothering him? Never. He just triggered the guilt that bothered Taehyung. Taehyung still loved his presence though. Even though he would pull away after being reminded of V. Seokjin still made him happy. Seokjin makes him happy. 

 

“No, you weren’t a bother,” Taehyung tells him. “I...” Seokjin looks at him patiently. ‘I just felt guilty for being with you because I’m not V,’ he wants to say. But, he can’t say that. Even if he wanted to, he can’t say it. “What if I become cold and mean towards you like I was when we got married, would you still love me?” 

 

If V suddenly waltz back and Taehyung’s free from this charade, would Seokjin continue to love V like he loves Taehyung right now? 

 

“I would be confused at first but,” Seokjin smiles softly. “You’re still the same person who I’ve been in love with for the past couple of months. Sure, I didn’t really love you when we first got married but I love you now. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this time of our lives. When you suddenly started to care for me, started to be funny and cute, seemed almost like a different person. So, yes. I would continue to love you.” 

 

Jin won’t even notice the switch when it happens. He’ll love V like he loves Taehyung now. Maybe then, V will notice Seokjin’s goodness and won’t be cold towards him anymore. Maybe V will love Seokjin back and they’ll live happily together. 

 

Taehyung looks at Jin’s smiling eyes. Of course, he’ll continue loving Jin. What was he even thinking? To push Jin away like that because he was scared of getting hurt. 

 

What matters to him is Jin’s happiness which he’ll still have when V comes back. V’ll fall in love with Jin after seeing how much Jin loves him. Everyone will be happy. 

 

Taehyung smiles his signature smile. He pulls Jin into a hug, missing his embrace. He doesn’t have to feel guilty. Jin won’t ever know there was a switch. Jin will just be happy. All the stigma he’s been carrying for the past two, almost three weeks disappears. 

 

With the rest of his time as V, he’ll love Seokjin with all his heart. When V awakes, he’ll walk away knowing he made everyone happier. Jin loves V. V’ll notice Jin’s love and love him back. Everyone will be happy. 

 

“Would you keep loving me?” He hears Seokjin ask. Taehyung pulls away, eyes searching Jin’s eyes. Seokjin’s eyes are bigger than usual as if he’s afraid of Taehyung’s answer. 

 

How can Taehyung ever forget those eyes? Forget how Seokjin fits perfectly in his hold. He’ll never forget. “Of course,” Taehyung says in a deep and fruity voice. He pushes the small bit of sadness away. “I’ll keep loving you.” The corners of Seokjin’s lip turn upwards shyly and he hugs Taehyung again. 

 

“I was so worried,” Seokjin says into his shoulder. “You just collapsed into my arms. Then you passed out for three days.” Jin looks up at him. “I thought you were in a coma.” How ironic.

 

“Even if destiny sentenced me to sleep, I’ll fight it so I can be awake and with you,” Taehyung tells Jin. 

 

He could feel the vibrations of Seokjin’s laughter. “You can’t do that,” he says between his laugh. 

 

“Why not?” Taehyung asks, pouting. “Do you not believe in me?” He did not realize how much he missed Jin’s warmth. 

 

“Of course I believe you. It’s just..” Seokjin looks up at him. “No one can go against destiny.” No one. Not even Taehyung. Taehyung smiles a small smile and just hugs Seokjin again. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung rubs his eyes and reads the document again. He’s read it three times already but the words just fly pass his brain. Talking about flying, the past few days flew by in a blur. 

 

He’s gone back to being normal with Jin, the guilt is still there but not as much as before. He also avoids kissing as much as possible. He doesn’t have the right to do that anymore. He never had the right to do that. 

 

Taehyung gives up on reading the paper. He looks at his phone, seeing the text messages from Seokjin. He opens them, smiling as he reads them. ‘Look! Nicholas finally likes me!’ Along with those words, there’s a selfie of Jin and the squirrel.

 

‘Hmm...Are you sure that’s Nicholas? Last I heard, I’m the only human he likes,’ Taehyung types knowing well that that squirrel is Nicholas. It’s fun when Seokjin gets all rattled up. His phone rings immediately and he picks up sounding as laid-back as ever. “What’s up,” he says in a normal tone, contrast to the smile he has. 

 

“What’s up? That squirrel really is Nicholas,” he could hear the pout in Jin’s voice. “I went to the backyard and had to lure him out of the tree with a whole bag of berries. You know how long that took?” 

 

Before Taehyung could say something, Seokjin continues. “A long time. Not to mention, upon knowing well you weren’t there, he ran back to the tree.” 

 

“If it was so long and hard, why’d you continue trying?” Taehyung asks, amused. 

 

“....” Seokjin clears his throat. “So when you hang out with Nicholas, I can be there too..” Taehyung laughs heartily into the phone. “Hey! I succeeded..” 

 

“I know. I just didn’t know you’d try so hard for me,” Taehyung grins despite no one being around to see. 

 

Seokjin’s silent for a moment before saying, “You’re so annoying.” Taehyung’s grin widens. “I don’t know why I still love you.” With that, Seokjin ends the call. 

 

“Jin? Jin?” Taehyung asks but he’s long gone. He can’t deny the small little flips his heart’s still making from Seokjin’s last words. There’s a knock on the door and 

Taehyung’s reminded that he’s at work. “Come in,” he says. 

 

Hoseok comes in and Taehyung tries to mask his happiness from earlier. However Hoseok catches it, “You’re happy. What happened?” Taehyung shakes his head, denying him. “Come on, I’m the epitome of happiness. My happiness senses are never wrong.” 

 

Taehyung allows his grin to appear again. “Just Jin. He’s just being silly,” Taehyung gives Hoseok the files he’s finished. Hoseok takes it, a different expression on his face. “What?” Taehyung asks. 

 

Hoseok immediately smiles. “Nothing.” 

 

“No, tell me. I want to know,” Taehyung presses. Did he do something wrong with his work? 

 

Hoseok looks around the office before looking back at Taehyung. “Taehyung...” he starts. “Do you care a lot about Seokjin?” 

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung answers. So it’s not about work. 

 

“Do you like him?” Hoseok asks slowly. 

 

“Yes,” Taehyung answers. Where is Hoseok going with this? “Is something wrong?” 

 

“Do you,” Hoseok glances away. “Love him?” 

 

“Ye-“ Taehyung stops as Hoseok’s eyes widen. That’s right. Hoseok knows he’s not V. Therefore, he knows that Taehyung shouldn’t be loving Seokjin. That Taehyung’s just a replacement. “I don’t love him.” Taehyung’s heart cracks at this but he ignores it. “I’m just putting on charade because as V, I should love him.” Ouch. 

 

Hoseok shakes his head, “Why are you lying?” Taehyung opens his mouth to protest but doesn’t. “I can see that you love him a lot.” Taehyung looks down, eyes landing directly on the bracelet Jin gave him on V’s birthday. 

 

“And I know I shouldn’t. He’s V’s husband.” Taehyung touches the silver bracelet. “He’s doing this for his husband.” Taehyung looks up, meeting Hoseok’s eyes. “And when the time comes, I’ll leave. He doesn’t even have to know I wasn’t V.” 

 

Hoseok looks like he wants to say something but Taehyung gets up. “I’m going to get lunch. I’ll finish the rest of the files when I come back.” He leaves V’s office, mixed feelings stirring in the pit of his stomach. His phone buzzes in his pants and he doesn’t have to look to know it’s Jin. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung tosses and turns for the hundredth time. He sighs and sits up, not feeling an ounce of tiredness. A hand touches his shoulder, “Having a hard time sleeping?” 

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung answers. He turns to look at Jin, “Did I keep you from sleeping?” He must have with all his tossing and turning. 

 

“No,” Seokjin scoots closer to him. “I can’t sleep either.” 

 

Taehyung turns to him, “Want to accompany me? We can be sleepless together.” Seokjin smiles and despite the darkness, Taehyung could see the sparkle in his eyes. Even though he’s been avoiding kisses, he presses a small kiss to Jin’s forehead. “Even in the dark, your beauty isn’t hidden,” he finds himself saying. 

 

“What can I say? I’m special like that,” Seokjin brings his face closer. “I’m your special person.” Taehyung lets a part of him go as Jin connects their lips. It’s been so long since he’s kissed Seokjin’s lips. He misses it. 

 

“Sweet like always,” Taehyung says as he breaks the kiss. He didn’t want to but this sweetness isn’t for him. He’ll just have a little bit of it. He presses a chaste kiss to Jin’s lips. “Can we cuddle now?” 

 

“Cuddle? I thought you weren’t tired,” Seokjin says, resting his head on Taehyung’s shoulder. 

 

“Yeah but after kissing you, I feel all warm and dreamy,” Taehyung tells him. 

 

“But I don’t feel like sleeping yet,” Seokjin says quietly. “Let’s stay up for a little longer.” 

 

“Okay,” Taehyung agrees. So they stay like that for a second before Taehyung pushes both of them down. 

 

“V!” Seokjin yelps. “You said okay.” He squirms in Taehyung’s hold. 

 

“We did stay up a little longer. Even though it was only a second longer, we stayed up a little longer,” Taehyung says smartly. He turns Seokjin around, now back hugging him. He yawns loudly. “Now, sleep. When you wake up in the morning, I’ll still be here.”

 

Seokjin sighs and Taehyung could tell he isn’t very happy. He pulls Seokjin closer if possible and interlocks his fingers with Jin’s. Bringing Jin’s hand up to his lips, he kisses it. This small gesture seems to make Seokjin settle in, letting Taehyung close his own eyes. 

 

It feels like only twenty minutes before Taehyung awakes. His phone is ringing noisily on the nightstand. “Hello,” he grumbles into the phone not even checking who the caller is. 

 

“I didn’t wake you, did I?” Yoongi asks.

 

“No, not at all,” Taehyung says with a loud yawn. 

 

Yoongi chuckles softly, “Sorry to wake you but there’s something you need to see.” 

 

“Why couldn’t you just wait until tomorrow?” Taehyung rolls onto his back. “It’s the middle of the night, bro.” 

 

Another chuckle, “Trust me. You’ll want to be here now.” 

 

~~~~

 

Even though it’s spring, the night is still so chilly. Taehyung shivers in the thin jacket he brought. “What would Yoongi want to show me at this hour?” He steps out the car, arriving at the address Yoongi told him. 

 

The full moon shines the way for him. Upon entering the building, it’s so dark that he can barely see anything, using his phone as a flashlight. He trips at the door, the noise echoing eerily throughout the entire building. 

 

Taehyung rubs his eyes, more alert now. It feels like he’s been in this building before. He shines the light around as he walks further into the building. “This cement pillar...” He shines his light on one of the many cement pillars in the building. Deja Vu? 

 

“Boo!” Taehyung drops his phone, heart racing at the loud noise. Great. Now, he’s in complete darkness. Fear doesn’t linger long before laughter echoes through the building. “I didn’t know you were such a scaredy-cat, Kim.” 

 

Yoongi picks up his phone, the light making his pale face glow. “What did you want to show me? And why in this place?” Taehyung gestured to the abandoned building. Yoongi walks around the place, using Taehyung’s phone as his light source. 

 

“You seem bothered. Is it because you’re creeped out?” Yoongi sneers at him. Taehyung sighs exasperatedly but follows Yoongi. Yoongi walks further into the building as if knowing exactly where to go. “Care to guess what this place used to be?” 

 

Taehyung presses his lips together, scanning the place. “A set for a music video?” 

 

“Nope. Close though,” Yoongi continues walking with Taehyung following. “Guess again.” 

 

“Um...” Taehyung’s bottom lip comes out more as he thinks. As they go in deeper, it looks more familiar. “I don’t know about you but this kinda looks like my company.” Correction, V’s company which he knows like the back of his hand due to going there every day. 

 

“Good guess. Close but not close enough.” Taehyung tilts his head. He and Yoongi are friends but he still doesn’t get the dude. “This is where something great could’ve happened. Where something unbeatable and invincible could’ve happened.” 

 

Taehyung looks behind them seeing a shadow? He turns back, “Why didn’t it happen?” 

 

Yoongi stops walking. “Because of someone’s selfishness and greed.” Despite his usually monotone tone, he sounds more serious. Taehyung whips his head to the side. Again, something dashed in the corner of his eye. Something doesn’t feel right. 

 

“This place was supposed to be,” Yoongi turns to face him. “Our building.” The light shining under his face now makes for an eerie feeling. 

 

‘Our building?’ V and Yoongi were going to be CEOs for the same company? When? 

 

“I didn’t think we’d follow our parents’ footsteps considering we were best friends for a while.” V and Yoongi were best friends?! “Then you listened to your parents’ nonsense. Started to hang out with those two idiots instead,” Yoongi’s voice is scarily calm. Like the calm before a storm. 

 

Taehyung gulps and takes a step back. Again, something flashes in the dark. “Hey, I know we grew apart...” Yoongi’s eyes are dark, no light in them at all. “But I’m here again. We can start over-“ 

 

“Start over!” Yoongi laughs dryly. He grabs Taehyung by the collar. Despite his short height, his aura is making him as big as Taehyung right now. “I’m not sure if you’re just stupid or trying something stupid but haven’t you’ve been near death so many times?” 

 

Taehyung’s blood runs cold. It can’t be... “Y-you’re not the one who...” Yoongi’s eyes tell it all. He is the one who’s been trying to kill Taehyung/V. But Namjoon and Jungkook said it was Jimin. “You helped me that one time,” Taehyung recalls Yoongi saving his life. 

 

Yoongi shrugs, “I heard your idiot friends sniffing. I guess Jimin started looking pretty good for it, huh?” Yoongi steps back as Taehyung’s sinks in the new information. Yoongi was nice. He really thought he and Yoongi could be friends. 

 

“I almost believed your act. I thought maybe that neglected husband of yours got to you and changed you.” Yoongi scoffs. “But not even god can change V. Your own words.” Taehyung could feel his breath quickening. What should he do? 

 

“That night in the bar told me everything, V.” Yoongi smirks. “Wait, I mean Taehyung.” No. No. No! 

 

“You!” Taehyung throws a punch at Yoongi but his fist stops as he hears Yoongi’s next words. 

 

“I wonder how Seokjin would react. I wonder who he’ll choose. The prince or the lowly peasant who’s only skill is masquerading as the prince.” Taehyung feels a stab through his heart. He’ll choose the prince. Anyone in their right mind would. 

 

He’s shaking as the tears fall like waterfalls. Yoongi will tell Jin. Jin will know that he isn’t V. That he was lying and he’s just a poor guy with no dream. Seokjin. Seokjin. His dear Jin won’t love him anymore. 

 

Taehyung’s teary eyes meet Yoongi’s in the dark. His fist is still by Yoongi’s face, ready to pound. Yet, his anger is no more but sadness and heartbreak. Shakily, his fist drops. Even through all this, he’s weak. Yoongi’s not a bad person. He’s just blinded by V’s success and his bitter feelings.

 

“In the end, your crow’s feather show.” Yoongi sighs, almost contently. “It must’ve been nice living as a swan with everything at your fingertips. Including a lover.” Taehyung wants to say something but no words can come. Is Yoongi spewing truth? 

 

“Well,” Yoongi looks at the time on his phone. “About time I’d visit the real V.“ The shadows from around them come out. “Have fun, Taehyung.” Yoongi drops the phone, and with a loud crunch, the only light source is out. 

 

Before Taehyung could move a muscle, a punch crashes into his face from the side. He stumbles back only to hit something who just pushes him. Taehyung falls onto the dirty cement floor. “Yoongi!” He yells in the direction Yoongi went. A kick to his side. “Come fight me like a real man!” Taehyung yells knowing it’ll press Yoongi’s buttons. 

 

Someone grabs his hair, pulling him up. “He’s done with you. Now you’re in our hands,” someone with a stinky breath tells him. “You can choose how you want it. Quick and fast, meaning you just stay still while we smack you around. Or long and painful as you try to fight us.” 

 

Taehyung groans as he’s shoved to the ground. Laughter rumbles around Taehyung. He feels so helpless and useless. In the end, he failed V. Yoongi’s on his way to kill V and he’s on his way to death’s door. 

 

It was a great life. He had so much fun growing up despite not having a dad. He didn’t think he’d died before thirty but oh well. Best of all, he got to meet Seokjin. He got to meet the love of his life before he died. 

 

His last words to Jin echoes sadly, ‘Now, sleep. When you wake up in the morning, I’ll still be here.’ His last words to Jin and he lied. 

 

“I’m guessing you want the quick and fast way,” the same voice from earlier says. Before he could grab Taehyung, Taehyung gets up to a crouch. He swings a leg around him, tripping the dude and a bunch of others with him. 

 

“You guessed wrong,” he says loudly as he stands up. It’s still as dark as ever but his eyes are adjusting somewhat. “My last words to Jin won’t be a lie.” He swings a fist into the dark. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung gasp as the air is knocked out of him. It feels like decades since they started fighting. He could feel something come at him, ducking. “Ouch!” someone yells in pain. 

 

Taehyung grins, in contrast to the situation. “It’s funny. You guys all came to beat someone up but decided to do it in the dark where I can’t see a thing and neither can any of you.” He would’ve died by now if it wasn’t for the dark. Most of the hits thrown at him hits another person. “Like I would’ve thought to bring night vision goggles-“ 

 

Taehyung winces feeling the pain set in. That was his fault. “In the end, we outnumber you.” Taehyung clenches his jaw. They’re right. He feels another punch to the gut. 

 

He needs light. He can’t tell how many guys are here to kill him. ‘Think. Think Tae.’ There are no windows inside and there’s most likely no electricity for this place. But the moon. He needs to get outside. Before more air is whipped from him, he runs to the direction where he came from. 

 

“He’s on the run!” One of the hitmen yells. Footsteps reverberate loudly behind him. It feels like he’s just running in place as everything is covered in darkness. 

 

“Oof!” Taehyung runs right into a wall. He shakes his head as black spots cover his vision. “The door..” he does a full circle before guessing which way to go. 

 

“He’s getting away! Hurry!” Taehyung feels relief run over him as he finally steps outside. The moonlight welcomes him happily. He runs over to his car but the tires are all popped. 

 

“Great,” he mumbles as he gets surrounded again. In the dark, it looked like there were twenty of them. In reality, there are only eight of them. They don’t let him take a breath as they all rush over to him. He throws kicks and punches everywhere but it seems useless since he doesn’t have eyes on the back of his head. 

 

He falls forward, throwing out his hands and rolling to not get the worse of it. To his surprise, they aren’t all coming at him like hyenas. They’re crowding something else instead. 

 

Taehyung staggers up and the group notices him. Four come at him while the other four continue fighting the other guy. He’s so exhausted by now. Slowly, he finds himself in the middle again. 

 

His back hits someone else’s back. “Who?” Taehyung turns his head slightly and his jaw drops. Standing back to back with him is his reflection!? His “reflection” turns his head, eyes widening but not as extreme as Taehyung. “Who-“ 

 

His reflection takes a swing at a guy coming at them. Taehyung’s still bewildered but continues fighting them off. “The police should be coming anytime soon. Did you see where Yoongi ran off to?” 

 

“You’re V,” Taehyung realizes. “How?” Last he heard, V was still stuck in a coma. Not up and walking. 

 

“Yes, I am. Now, where’s Yoongi?” V asks, somewhat annoyed. 

 

“Uh-last I remember, he was going to go see you,” Taehyung still couldn’t believe that V was standing right next to him. Police sirens could be heard. 

 

“Which direction did he go?” V asks, giving one good kick to one of the hitmen as they run away. 

 

“I think he went out the back..” Before Taehyung could finish, V’s running to the back of the building. “Wait, V!” Taehyung hesitates between going after him or waiting for the police to arrive first. “Come on. Come on,” he keeps looking at the road, waiting for them to arrive. 

 

He decides to not wait and turns around. A loud noise makes him wince. The sound of a gun going off.