Close

Charade

“V-Three! Jin-Zero!” Taehyung boasts as he makes another hoop. They’re playing to five. Seokjin doesn’t say anything but Taehyung could see more determination in his eyes. He brings the ball back to the middle, this time starting with it. 

 

He zooms right pass Seokjin, all the while dribbling the ball with him. “You better stop me~” Taehyung taunts, enjoying himself. He bites his bottom lip as he gets ready to shoot.

 

However, right as he arches his hand, Seokjin’s hand comes up to block it. He successfully does so and steals the ball. He runs to his side of the court with Taehyung on his tail. 

 

Seokjin stops and Taehyung knows he won’t make the shot from where he’s standing. Knowing so, he doesn’t bother to try to stop Jin. He stands behind Jin, waiting for his next move. 

 

As he predicted, Seokjin throws the ball from the bad angle. The ball hits the rim and comes flying straight at Jin. “Jin,” Taehyung calls out worriedly. It only comes as a whisper. 

 

The basketball seems to be coming at Jin so fast. Taehyung’s lips go dry. It’s going to hit Jin right in the face. Taehyung can only see Seokjin’s back. His eyes widen as Jin falls to a squat, dodging the zooming basketball. BAM!

 

Taehyung steps back from the force, his face stinging from pain. He touches his nose, making sure it’s not broken. Not broken. Not bleeding. His vision is blurry and he has to blink a couple of times for the blurriness to go away. 

 

“V!” Seokjin runs to him and cups his cheek, making him wince. “That looked like it hurts.” Seokjin gently rubs his cheek. 

 

“I didn’t know you could throw so hard,” Taehyung says with a smile despite the pain. 

 

“I’m so sorry,” Seokjin’s bottom lip juts out. “I just really wanted to score since you were being a show-off.” He wipes the part under Taehyung’s eye, mouth opening. “A blood vessel popped.” 

 

Seokjin’s eyes narrow in concern. “It’s fine. It doesn’t hurt.” Taehyung smiles reassuringly to convince Jin. Seokjin’s lips part to say something but, Taehyung presses a finger to them. “You’re hurting my pride,” he mumbles with a blush. 

 

“Oh, I-“ Seokjin steps back. “Can I treat you to food?”

 

~~~~

 

“Food always makes everything better, right?” Seokjin asks Taehyung with a caring smile. 

 

Taehyung his red-stained lips, feeling the spice now. “True.” He gulps down some water. “Did I ever tell you I can’t take spicy food well?” 

 

Seokjin looks puzzled. “You can’t?” Taehyung nods, blowing softly to cool his lips. “Then, why did you eat it?” Seokjin grabs a napkin and moves from across the table to his side. 

 

He dabs at Taehyung’s lips gently. “I like spicy rice cakes. Just preferably not so spicy,” he grabs the cup of water which was getting empty. 

 

“Here,” Seokjin grabs another cup and gives it to him. “Drink this instead.” 

 

“Thanks,” Taehyung breathes out. He tilts the cup down and into his mouth. His throat closes up and his cheeks puff out. Soju! Taehyung grabs his empty water cup and spits into it. Yuck. He was never a big fan of alcohol. 

 

Seokjin’s hand immediately goes up to touch his forehead. “Are you sick or something?” 

 

Taehyung freezes up. “No-of course not. I feel fine.” He could feel the heat creep up his neck. 

 

Seokjin pulls his hand away and chuckles. “I used to see you eat spicy food all the time. You always drunk soju at gatherings.” He turns to Taehyung with a soft smile and squeezes his cheek. “Since when did you become such a baby?” 

 

Taehyung couldn’t blink as he stares at Jin who is still squeezing his cheek with a very very beautiful smile. His mouth parts, trying to come up with something to back up his sudden change. He couldn’t though as Jin removes his hand and stands up. 

 

“Let’s go. I’m craving some ice cream,” Seokjin says cheerily. He skips over to the front desk and pays for their meal. Taehyung follows after him, feeling a warm feeling in his chest. He’s been feeling this feeling for a while now. 

 

Seokjin hops out the restaurant, humming gleefully. Taehyung wonders what got him in such a good mood. He follows Seokjin out, face stiffening at the cold. “Jin,” he calls out to Jin who is a few steps ahead of him. 

 

He’s in a big fuzzy coat. Jin isn’t and is just in a jacket. Seokjin continues skipping, pretending like he doesn’t hear Taehyung. “La la la la la~” Seokjin sings sweetly, causing Taehyung to grin at his adorableness. 

 

He sprints and turns Seokjin around by the shoulders. Jin’s eyes are wide and his lips are kind of pouting. Unknowingly, Taehyung bites his lip. He wonders if Seokjin does that on purpose. “What?” Seokjin tilts his head. 

 

Taehyung shakes out of his thoughts. “You’re only wearing a thin jacket.” He s his coat. 

 

“So-“ Taehyung cuts Seokjin off as he pulls Seokjin towards him. They’re the same height so they’re at eye level. All the playfulness in Jin’s eyes is gone and instead, he looks almost shy. 

 

“So let’s share body heat,” Taehyung pulls Jin into a hug. Seokjin hesitantly snakes his arms around Taehyung, his arms now in the coat. Taehyung smiles as Seokjin seems to hold him tighter. 

 

“V,” Seokjin says faintly. 

 

“Yes, Jinnie,” Taehyung feels even warmer. 

 

“I-“ Seokjin’s hold loosen. Taehyung bites his bottom lip nervously as he waits. “I enjoy your body heat a lot.” 

 

Taehyung burst into giggles and tightens his hold around Jin. “I’m glad you do.” He thought Seokjin was going to say something else. However, this is perfectly fine with Taehyung. He feels Seokjin’s face snuggled into his neck. 

 

He brings one hand up to caress the back of Seokjin’s head. He feels so content and peaceful. 

 

~~~~

 

“Oh, Jin.” Taehyung closes the convenience store door after him. He just finished his shift. “What are you doing here?” 

 

Seokjin takes a step closer to him. “It’s raining and you didn’t bring an umbrella when you left.” Seokjin’s holding an umbrella over his head. “So, I brought an umbrella.” 

 

Seokjin came to pick him up since it’s raining because he didn’t bring an umbrella. He steps under the umbrella. “Thanks, Jin,” he allows his happiness to show. To have Seokjin care about him like this. It’s the best thing he could ever ask for in the world. 

 

“I can’t just let you walk in the rain,” Seokjin tells him as they walk home. He glances over to Taehyung. “I don’t want you to get sick,” Seokjin says nonchalantly. 

 

Taehyung puts his hand over Seokjin’s hand that was holding the umbrella. “I won’t get sick as long as you’re by my side.” He leans into Seokjin. “My whole body will fight whatever disease is attacking me so I can be with you for a long time,” he smiles a little as he finishes. 

 

Seokjin looks down but Taehyung could see the corners of his mouth lift. Again for the thousandth time, Taehyung feels like he’s floating. Whenever Seokjin smiles at him, because of him, or makes him smile, he feels like this. He doesn’t want this feeling to ever end.

 

Seokjin is the only one who ever made him feel such a way. Is this what you call love? Taehyung blushes at the word. Love. Though just four letters, it brings something so powerful. 

 

Does he love Seokjin? He thinks back to all the moments with Seokjin so far. He’s brought back to when he first met Jin. How Jin was so quiet and distant at first. Then how he made it his goal to see Seokjin smile more. How it worked. 

 

When they shared their young dreams of being actors. How Taehyung doesn’t want to disappoint Jin. How pretty and kissable Seokjin’s lips look. How his chest blooms like a flower whenever Seokjin cares about him. 

 

He used to be so nervous about holding Seokjin’s hand. Taehyung glance at his hand on top of Seokjin’s. He looks ahead at the rain shower. It’s not rainy season. Since it’s the middle of the day, the sun is still shining brightly. So the rain in the sun looks beautiful. 

 

Not as beautiful as Seokjin. Taehyung’s breath hitches as he realizes. He loves Seokjin. With all his heart. “Jin,” he calls out gently. 

 

“Hmm,” Seokjin stops walking and his eyes meet with Taehyung’s. 

 

Taehyung feels fluster but pushes it away. With his free hand, he grabs Seokjin’s hand that isn’t holding the umbrella. He has a hand on top of Seokjin’s and is holding Seokjin’s other hand with the other. 

 

“Seokjin,” he wets his lips. It feels like his heart is going to jump out from his chest. 

 

Seokjin looks at him and smiles. “Yes,” he says in a voice full of care and . .love.

 

Taehyung’s mouth is dry and he can’t get any words to come out. All he can focus on is Seokjin’s twinkling eyes, pretty smile, and how the sun kisses Seokjin. He closes his eyes and leans forward. 

 

Eyes closed, he presses his lips to Seokjin’s forehead. ‘I love you, Jin.’ He thinks as his lips make contact with Seokjin’s forehead. That’s what he wanted to say. He pulls away slowly. Not wanting this moment to end and somewhat scared of what’s to come. 

 

Seokjin’s face is calm yet, the tips of his ears are pink. “Seokjin?” Taehyung asks carefully. Without warning, Seokjin presses a kiss to his forehead. 

 

Now it’s his turn to stand dumbfounded. “L-look,” Seokjin stutters. “It’s a rainbow.” Taehyung turns his head away from Jin and at the rainbow. Though it’s hard to see, it smiles down on them. The rain shower had passed and in place a cute rainbow. 

 

‘I’m going to remember this moment forever.’ Taehyung thinks as he closes the umbrella and interlocks his fingers with Seokjin. He swings their hands as they continue their walk home. 

 

~~~~

 

“Yay!” Taehyung celebrates as he manages to shoot his target in the game he’s playing. He puts his phone down and looks up at Seokjin who is also on his phone. His head is on Seokjin’s lap, a comfy position for him on the sofa. “Jin,” Taehyung says perkily. 

 

“Yeah,” Seokjin seems immersed in whatever is on his phone but, glances down. “Are you bored of your game already?” He turns off his phone and gives his full attention to Taehyung, who nods. “Oh, I see.” Seokjin pouts, “I’m just your second base. Your rebound when you have nothing to do.” 

 

“Of course not,” Taehyung smiles at Seokjin’s reaction. “I want to talk with you. I miss hearing your voice.” 

 

Seokjin seems surprised at his words. “You’re hearing my voice now.” 

 

“In another universe, you’re probably a singer,” Taehyung tells him spirited. 

 

“Maybe you’re right,” Seokjin laughs softly. “Maybe in that universe, you’re also a singer and we’re both in the same band or group,” Seokjin smiles after he finishes his prediction. 

 

Taehyung wonders who else has seen Jin smile in such a way. If they did, they’ll probably never want to let him go. His train of thought is interrupted as Seokjin caresses his head.

 

His hand hesitantly touches Taehyung’s hair, before gaining confidence and letting his fingers run through the soft brown locks. 

 

Taehyung looks up at Seokjin lovingly. If this were a cartoon, he would have heart eyes right now. “Stop looking at me like that,” Seokjin says, avoiding Taehyung’s eyes. 

 

“What’s wrong with me looking at you like this?” Taehyung asks genuinely. 

 

“Because it looks like you’re looking at your whole world,” Seokjin mumbles. His eyes flicker to Taehyung’s and his hand stops. Taehyung stares up at him. 

 

“I see it more like you’re my moon. The moon that circles me, watching over me,” Taehyung tells him sincerely. He thought of them like this ever since Seokjin told him he feels like the moon. He wants to be Seokjin’s earth. Wants to see Seokjin by his side.

 

Seokjin doesn’t blink for a few seconds, then he breaks out into a radiant smile. “You can be my earth. I’ll be your moon. Deal.” He holds out his pinky to Taehyung. Taehyung smiles back and links his pinky with Seokjin. Like a natural thing, their hands linked together. 

 

“I can help you sell chocolate tomorrow,” Taehyung tells Seokjin. 

 

“You can?” Taehyung nods excitedly. “Okay,” Seokjin presses his lips together and looks like he’s contemplating something. He closes his eyes and leans down. Boop. 

 

A soft kiss to Taehyung’s forehead. “I need to take a shower,” Seokjin tells Taehyung and proceeds to push him off. Taehyung sits up but continues holding Seokjin’s hand, holding him back. “V,” Seokjin scolds him lightly. 

 

Taehyung presses a kiss into the palm of his hand before letting go. He smiles at Jin mischievously and winks causing Jin’s eyes to widen a bit before going to the bathroom. 

 

He falls back down on the sofa, sporting an open smile. He feels so euphoric. Like he’s flying. So, this is love. 

 

~~~~

 

“V!” 

 

Taehyung’s head shoots up, a smile gracing his features. “Jin!” Seokjin is standing across the street. A bright smile lights up his handsome face. He was just walking home from work. What a funny coincidence? He was just thinking of Jin. “Wait there! I’ll cross!”

 

He makes sure there aren’t any cars before sprinting across the crosswalk. Seokjin laughs as he almost loses his balance when coming to Jin’s side. “Someone’s excited,” Seokjin notices. Taehyung smile sheepishly at his comment. Does it show that much? “I finished selling chocolate faster today so I came to pick you up.” 

 

Jin came to pick him up? Taehyung could feel his heart jumping up and down. “Let’s not waste time then.” He takes Seokjin’s hand in his and starts walking. 

 

“How was work?” Seokjin asks. 

 

“Good. How about you?” Taehyung swings his and Seokjin’s hands, loving how they look together. 

 

“It was good too.” Seokjin stops, causing Taehyung to stop too. “On my way to pick you up, I found this pretty spot,” Seokjin tells him exuberantly. He pulls Taehyung into the alley. 

 

“Don’t bad things usually happen in alleys,” Taehyung says jokingly as Seokjin continues leading them down the alley. “Woah.” In the middle of the alley, between the buildings on either side was a string of lights zigzagging at the top. They were small round yellow light bulbs. 

 

“It’s not that dark yet but I bet when it is, it looks nice.” Seokjin pulls on his hands lightly, turning his attention back to him. He turns away from the lights, facing Jin. 

 

He could see the lights shine onto the side of Jin’s face facing the lights. “Even though we still don’t have money, I feel . .” Seokjin bites his bottom lip as his eyes meet Taehyung’s. “Content.” 

 

Taehyung beams at his words. He made Seokjin feel content despite them not having a lot of money. “I want to apologize for that day when I complained to you about how you’re selfish and don’t care about others.” 

 

Taehyung remembers that day. He had just started being V and was confused by how cold Jin was to him. So, he brought Jin out in hopes to cheer him up. It failed miserably and instead, he was slapped with a bunch of complaints about V. 

 

Seokjin smiles a little bit at him. “I was wrong.” He interlocks his fingers with Taehyung’s. “I like you a lot, V.” With that, he leans forward and presses his lips to Taehyung’s forehead. 

 

Taehyung could feel his heart race. Seokjin likes him a lot. Kim Seokjin likes him a lot. Is this a dream? Seokjin pulls away, a beautiful smile on his face. Taehyung stares back, speechless. He doesn’t know what to do or say. He loves Jin with all his heart. His heart is beating so fast, knowing that his feelings are somewhat being reciprocated. 

 

Yet, he can’t bring himself to say or do anything. Finally, he utters, “Seokjin.” Jin’s eyes are twinkling. “I,” Love you. His eyes flicker down then back up. “I like you too.” He can’t bring himself to say what he feels. Even though Jin likes him a lot, he’s scared to say ‘I love you.’ 

 

Seokjin’s so handsome and beautiful. Like a prince or angel. Or maybe both. Definitely, both. “Can I give you a cheek kiss?” Taehyung asks Jin shyly. Seokjin nods and closes his eyes. 

 

Taehyung cups Seokjin’s cheek with his right hand. The bracelet Jin gave him sparkling in the light. He leans forward and presses his cheek gently against Seokjin’s other cheek. 

 

He pulls away, biting his lip as he could feel his blood rushing. “When you said cheek kiss, I thought . .” Seokjin trails off, pink dusting his cheeks. Seokjin thought what? What he did was a cheek kiss. Their cheeks kissed each other. “Never mind,” Seokjin smiles at him.

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Namjoon knocks on the door. After a month, the government cleared V’s name. The Kims’ money is now back. Thank goodness. He was getting no sleep, trying to tie all the incidents together. 

 

He hears hurried footsteps come to the door. The door opens and he’s met with Taehyung’s face. His already apparent smile turns into a grin. “Hi, Namjoon,” he greets cheerfully. 

 

“Hi, Taehyung,” Namjoon greets. He hasn’t seen Taehyung for a while. Thankfully, he’s not hurt and seems to be alright. 

 

“Hey, Namjoon,” Taehyung smiles that boxy smile of his. Namjoon wonders if V can smile like that. He can’t remember a time V smiled so brightly like Taehyung. “Come in,” he opens the door wider. 

 

Namjoon walks into the apartment which looks way better than it did the first time he came. Seokjin’s sitting on the sofa with a game controller in his hand. There’s one next to him. Presumably, Taehyung’s. “I bet I’m going to beat you this round, V,” Seokjin says provokingly with a tint of playfulness. He turns his head. “Oh, Namjoon.”

 

“Hi, Seokjin,” Namjoon sits on the adjacent couch. Seokjin smiles politely at him and turns off the t.v. Taehyung plops down next to Seokjin. 

 

He clears his throat, “I have good news. The government has clear V’s name. You two can return home. The investigation was kept quiet so there aren’t going to be any articles of V almost going broke.” He smiles, happy to share the good news. He also has more to say to Taehyung alone. 

 

Strangely, Seokjin doesn’t sound that happy. “We can go home now?” 

 

“Yes, right away. I came to pick you guys up,” Namjoon tells them. He looks at Taehyung in hopes, he would get the message that he needs to speak to him alone. 

 

“That’s great,” Taehyung smiles at him. He turns to Seokjin with a gentleness. “Do you want to get a head start on packing? You do have a lot of skincare products,” he says playfully. 

 

Seokjin narrows his eyes at Taehyung and slaps his shoulder lightly, earning a chuckle from Taehyung. It looks weird to Namjoon. Seokjin and V were never this playful. Even though this is Taehyung he’s looking at. 

 

The two exchange a couple of quick words, all in whispers before Seokjin gets up. He smiles at Taehyung before leaving the room. He goes down the hall, the sound of a door closing following after him. 

 

“What is it?” Taehyung turns back to Namjoon. 

 

Namjoon returns his focus to the topic on his hands. In a hushed voice, “It’s Yoongi or Jimin.” 

 

“How?” Taehyung whispers back, scooting to the edge of his seat.

 

“Jungkook and I found evidence backing up the two of them. It could be that both of them are in it. However, I don’t think that’s the case. I think one of them is behind all of this and purposely wants us to think it’s both of them.” Namjoon rubs his chin. “I feel like I know who it is.” 

 

“You do? Who?” Taehyung’s forehead creases as he waits for Namjoon to continue. 

 

“I don’t think I should say. It might influence your thoughts on who comes off as suspicious,” Namjoon tells him. He wants to be sure first. As of now, he’s leaning towards Jimin. There are so many reasons and evidence as to why it would be him. He just needs more. 

 

“You’re right.” Taehyung nods. “I will just be careful around the two.” He looks behind in the hallway. “I should start packing.” Namjoon nods and Taehyung excuses himself. 

 

Namjoon watches him descend the hallway. He leans against the sofa, looking around the living room. Though he didn’t even live here, the apartment seems homey. He could hear the muffled voices of Taehyung and Seokjin through the walls. He could hear giggling coming from both of them.

 

Something catches Namjoon’s eye. He gets up and goes over to the counter. ‘Even though I just arrived here. .’ Namjoon picks up the framed photo on the counter. 

 

Staring back at him is a very very happy Taehyung and Seokjin. Their cheeks are pressing together. Both have wide smiles. Their handsome faces complement each other very well. 

 

‘I can’t help but notice the closeness of Seokjin and Taehyung.’

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

“Home sweet home,” Taehyung says as he falls onto the comfy king bed. They’re back in V and Seokjin’s house. He was kind of hoping to stay at his apartment longer. It was nice, especially with Seokjin there. 

 

Seokjin opens the door to the balcony, stepping out. Taehyung lifts his head, looking at Jin who has been pretty quiet since they got in the car to come back. He gets up and goes to the balcony. 

 

Seokjin stares up ahead as he stands next to him. “You know, the apartment was starting to feel like home for me.” His home felt like home for Jin? Taehyung felt a warm feeling again in his chest. He looks at Seokjin, eyes full of love. “It shouldn’t matter much.” Seokjin turns his head to look at Taehyung. “Wherever you are is home.” 

 

Taehyung smiles and grabs Seokjin’s hand. “You’re making me too happy with those words.” He kisses Seokjin’s hand, bringing a small blush to Seokjin’s face. 

 

He doesn’t want this to end. He thought that the butterflies would go away as he continues being with Jin. He’s wrong. The more time they’re together, the stronger his love seems to grow. “You’re so lovely,” he doesn’t realize what he said until Seokjin looks down. Taehyung could tell that he’s smiling. 

 

The day is quick and soon night falls, along with the snow. Taehyung’s standing out on the balcony. He reaches a hand out for the snow which falls gently on his warm hand. Before he could take a good look at the snowflake, it melts. 

 

He tries again to catch another snowflake, this time seeing the six points before it melts away. It’s almost Seokjin’s birthday. He can’t wait for the day to come. He turns around and goes back into the bedroom as Seokjin comes out of the bathroom. 

 

Seokjin sits on the bed, lips pressed together in thought. “What’s on your mind?” Taehyung asks as he gets in the covers. He snuggles into the heavy blankets, staring up at Jin. 

 

Seokjin smiles softly at him. “I just remembered the first night you asked to cuddle me,” Taehyung remembers it as well. Without missing a beat, Seokjin declined coldly. “Was I too harsh on you back then?” 

 

“Maybe I deserved it,” Taehyung says. He holds Seokjin’s hand. “In the end, you couldn’t resist me huh?” Seokjin rolls his eyes and Taehyung giggles. 

 

~~~~

 

“Welcome back, Chairman Kim,” Hoseok greets lightly and places a cup of coffee on his desk. “Here are the statistics for the previous month,” Hoseok sets an iPad on his desk. 

 

Like usual, Taehyung takes the iPad and sips on the drink. Instead of tasting the bitter coffee that he has to pretend he’s fine with, he tastes cocoa. “What’s this?” He peers up at Hoseok. 

 

“I thought a change wouldn’t hurt. You’ve been drinking the same thing since I met you,” Hoseok smiles. “Do you like it?” 

 

Taehyung nods and takes another sip. Way better than the bitter coffee. “Thank you.” He passes the iPad to Hoseok who takes it and proceeds to leave the office. “Wait.” 

 

Hoseok stops and turns around. “Yes, Chairman Kim.” 

 

“What’s better? Ice skating, snowboarding, skiing, or sledding?” He’s been thinking of what to do with Seokjin on Seokjin’s birthday. He wants to make it the best day ever for Jin. 

 

Hoseok looks taken aback but answers. “I think they’re all fun. I would like to do sledding but . .” He leans forward. “I don’t know about Seokjin.” 

 

Taehyung scratches his head shyly. “Ah, how do you know I was asking for Jin?” 

 

Hoseok shrugs with a bright smile. “Who else would you be asking for?” 

 

That’s right. “Well, what do you think would be most ideal and romantic and memorable and fun?” Taehyung thinks of more qualities he would like. “Or would you want to do something completely unrelated to snow?”

 

Hoseok laughs aloud, “Why are you thinking so hard about this? I’m sure he’ll be happy that you’re taking him somewhere.” 

 

Happy that he’ll take him somewhere? What does Hoseok mean? “Why do you say that?” Taehyung asks confused but trying his best not to show it. 

 

“It’s just that,” Hoseok stops smiling. His lips press together as he recalls something. “Before, you didn’t care about him. Whenever he called you, you ignored him to the point he would call me to ask about you. .” Hoseok’s eyes meet with Taehyung’s eyes narrowed slightly. “Sorry, V. I spoke out of line,” Hoseok bows his head.

 

“You don’t need to apologize, Hoseok,” Taehyung says quietly. Was V like that? Ignoring Jin even though Jin is his husband. Taehyung can’t wrap his hand around why V would do that. Seokjin is so lovable and special. Who would ignore him?

 

“I did do that back then.” V did that. “That’s why I want to make it up to him.” His face lights up, thinking about Jin again. “I want to make this the best birthday ever. No-the best day ever.” 

 

~~~~

 

“Happy birthday, Jin,” Taehyung whispers as Jin stirs in his sleep. It’s d-day. December fourth. Seokjin’s birthday. Seokjin opens his eyes tiredly and looks up at Taehyung. 

 

“Why are you already awake?” Seokjin looks at the window. “The sun’s not even out yet.” He yawns and Taehyung has to hold himself back from squishing his cheek. 

 

“I have a lot of fun things planned for you which will take the whole day,” he chirps. Seokjin rubs his eyes as he continues. “First thing is breakfast which I made,” Taehyung tells him. He reaches for the breakfast tray on the side. 

 

Mini strawberry pancakes are the highlight. He decided to go with something easy since he’s not so great at cooking. Hopefully, Seokjin will still like it. Seokjin sits up, eyeing the food. Despite being a bit sleepy, he smiles. “This looks fantastic. Thanks, V.” 

 

Seokjin finishes breakfast in no time, telling Taehyung it tastes as fantastic as it looks. After Seokjin finishes his shower, Taehyung hands him a present. “Already?” Seokjin asks, staring at the nicely wrapped box. He wrapped it himself. Took a while but he did it. 

 

“You’ll know why.” Taehyung pushes the present into his hand. “Now, open.” Seokjin takes it and opens it. Taehyung got him a big white FILA coat for when they go do all the snow activity. 

 

Seokjin smiles at him but there’s still a question behind his eyes. He doesn’t wait for Jin to speak and pushes him to the closet. “Go get dressed in warm clothes and wear the coat.” As Jin does so, he gets into his winter clothes. A white FILA coat, a checkered red and black sweater underneath, and a red beanie. 

 

Seokjin comes out all bundled up. Taehyung doesn’t waste time and takes out a silk ribbon. “What’s that for?” Seokjin stares at the black ribbon. 

 

Taehyung goes behind him and puts the ribbon around his eyes. “I want to surprise you.” Seokjin stays quiet at this and Taehyung can’t see his face to know what he’s thinking. He finishes tying with a bow. “Okay, now I’ll lead you the rest of the way.” 

 

Taehyung holds Seokjin’s hand and leads them to the door. They reach the stairs and Taehyung has to be extra careful of his steps and Jin’s steps. “You could’ve just blindfolded me when we got to the car,” Seokjin tells him. 

 

“That’s right . .” Why did he not think of that? “Let me take off the blindfold then.”

 

Seokjin shakes his head and has a soft smile. “It’s fine. We’re almost there anyway.” Taehyung looks down the many many stairs lefts. He turns back to Seokjin who is staring straight ahead. 

 

He lets go of Seokjin’s hand and swoops an arm under his back, hooking an arm under his legs as well. Seokjin yelps as he’s lifted off the ground. “V, what are you doing? Put me down or we’re both going to fall!”

 

Taehyung chuckles at his cute reaction. He looks at Jin’s face and could tell he was scared despite his eyes being covered. “That’s why you have to hold on tightly.” He pretends to trip and Seokjin tightens his arms around his neck. He laughs loudly at this while Seokjin pouts. 

 

~~~~

 

There’s no one else around except them so it’s extremely tranquil. Taehyung pulls the silk bow, holding his breath as the ribbon falls from Seokjin’s eyes. There’s snow all around them and the sun’s not out yet. They’re on a hill of fresh snow. Taehyung has to thank that because now the snow’s all white and soft. 

 

Seokjin’s mouthparts and his eyes widen. Taehyung isn’t sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. “Do you like this?” He smiles at Jin. Seokjin’s eyes are shining but he’s not sure if that’s because of him or the bright lights the park has on. 

 

“I love this!” Seokjin turns to him. “Let’s snowboard first!” Before Taehyung could utter another word, Seokjin’s sprinting up the hill. 

 

Taehyung finds himself smiling at Seokjin who’s excitedly going up the hill. Looks like he made the right decision. After snowboarding, they’ll ski, ice skate, then they’ll go to a fancy restaurant. 

 

“V!” Seokjin waves at him. “Hurry up!” 

 

“I’ll be right behind you!” Taehyung yells. He runs up the hill, chasing Seokjin. This is going to be a fun day.