Together

Charade

"I don't understand," Taehyung paces around the room. "Are you saying V lost all his money?" Jungkook gets up and pushes him down in a seat. He's been pacing around since coming in.

 

"Not exactly," Namjoon starts. "The money's frozen by the government. They're undergoing an investigation which they won't tell us." 

 

"What about V's parents?" Taehyung remembers them. 

 

"Not that bad. Not all their money is frozen. They're staying at a cousin's place," Jungkook tells him. 

 

Taehyung swallows. What about him and Jin? "We'll have to look into this. I have a feeling this was intentional. In the meantime, you and Seokjin can stay at my place," Namjoon offers. 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. This is most likely done by the same person who planted a bomb in V's car and who put V in a coma. He doesn't want Namjoon to be in danger too. "No, whoever's doing this is doing it to V. If I stay at you or Jungkook's place, they'll find out you two are investigating them. Therefore, I put you guys in danger." 

 

"Then, where will you and Seokjin go?" Jungkook ask Taehyung. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung looks down at his feet when finished speaking. They just made so many happy moments together. For Seokjin's safety, Seokjin will go back to his parents' and Taehyung will go back home. 

 

It seems like Operation V is done. Taehyung can't bare to look at Jin. After telling Namjoon and Jungkook his plan, he went home and told Jin.

 

"We have to move out by tomorrow?" Seokjin clarifies with him. 

 

With his head still hanging down, he nods. "You can go back to your parents' house. When the whole thing is over, I'll come pick you up." He musters the best comforting smile and looks up at Jin. 

 

This could be the last time he sees Jin because it won't be him who'll pick Seokjin up. It'll be V. What he means by "when the whole thing is over" he means when V wakes up and they catch the culprit. Jin doesn't know that. Doesn't know that this is the last time Taehyung will see Seokjin.

 

"You must be kidding," Seokjin confronts him. 

 

Taehyung's smile falters. "What do you mean?" 

 

Seokjin crosses his arms. "I'm your husband. If you go broke, I'll be broke with you." Taehyung is still not processing Seokjin's words. Seokjin sighs and steps closer to Taehyung. He picks up Taehyung's hand. "I don't want to go back to my parents. I want to stay with you." 

 

Taehyung opens his mouth to say something but realizes he's at a loss of words. "Besides, if I go, where will you go?" Seokjin asks him with worried eyes.

 

"I have another place," Taehyung clears his throat. 

 

"Then why don't we just stay there?" Seokjin suggest with hopeful eyes. 

 

Taehyung felt heat creep up his neck. "You won't like it." He feels really self conscious now. 

 

"Hey," Seokjin grabs his other hand. Taehyung flinches a bit at the unexpected gesture. "If you're there, I'll like it. We'll be together." Taehyung smiles, for real this time. He pulls Seokjin closer. 

 

"Okay. Together." 

 

~~~~

 

"There we go," Taehyung says as the door finally opens. For the past five minutes, he's been trying to wrangle the stuck door open. He goes over to the half broken blinds and opens them, letting the sun in. He has not been here for months and that shows. 

 

He did his best to clean as much as he could before leaving. You can't say he did a very good job, though. "It's messy but, I'll clean it," Taehyung rubs his neck shyly. Seokjin's eyes scan the place slowly as he comes in. 

 

They're in Taehyung's home. Living at V's place for so long, he can really see how much of a dump his home is. He rushes to Seokjin's side and takes his suitcase. "Let me show you the bedroom." 

 

He was starting to feel uncomfortable with Seokjin eyeing his whole home and not knowing that this is where he lives. Seokjin nods and follows him. He goes to the tiny hallway, which he strangely misses. 

 

"This is just a closet. That's the bathroom." He pushes the last door open. "And this is the bedroom." He feels nostalgic as he walks into his room. Just like how he left it. In the corner of the room is his small bed with gray pillows, sheets, and blanket. It could fit two people but that's all. 

 

He feels bad as Seokjin goes over to the bed and sits down. It's not a king sized bed like the one V has. He's probably not used to this at all. Taehyung knows he grew up rich just like V. 

 

"Who's place is this?" Seokjin asks, looking around. 

 

"Just one of my . ." Taehyung's mouth goes dry as he thinks for a second. "Cousin's." He goes to his window and opens the blinds. "Like my third or fourth cousin on my mom's side." That sounds believable, right?

 

Seokjin nods. "It looks nice." 

 

Taehyung hides his surprise. "It does?" 

 

Seokjin stands up and goes over to his shelf. "He cares a lot about his comic books." Taehyung bites back his flattered smile as Seokjin's fingers run along his neatly displayed comic books. "Are you hungry? I can make something." 

 

"That's sounds nice," Taehyung smiles as Seokjin leaves the room. He follows after Seokjin who goes to the kitchen which is connected to the living room. He grabs Seokjin's wrist. "I should go get some groceries first. You should rest while I do so." 

 

Taehyung grabs his wallet which now has more money. Earlier, he went to the bank and pulled money from his personal account. "You don't want me to go with you?" Seokjin asks as he puts on his shoes. 

 

"I won't be gone long. Make yourself comfortable," he smiles at Jin before leaving. 

 

It feels weird to walk again. He has no problem going to the grocery store as he remembers his hometown like the back of his hand. He arrives and grabs a basket. He shouldn't need to buy so much. 

 

He walks around the store with light steps. He didn't realize how much he missed everything. Remembering Seokjin at home, he hurries up. The cashier smiles at him. "I haven't seen you in months, Taehyung." 

 

"Hi, Auntie," Taehyung smiles to the familiar face. "You got a haircut, right?"

 

"Yes, I did." She makes a mad face. "A month ago." She takes his money. "Now where have you been?" He takes his bags of groceries. 

 

"Out of town," he says cheerfully. "Bye, Auntie~" He skips out of the store with groceries in his hands, leaving the Auntie calling his name. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung wipes the counter after he finishes washing the dishes. Seokjin's still in the shower so, he takes out his phone. Jungkook sent him texts. Listening to the shower, he opens the messages. 

 

'You can take a temporary leave from work'

 

He contemplates for a minute on what he should do. He wants to continue working but, how can he do that if he doesn't have a car? It's harder too since he's in another city. The shower turns off and he leaves the chat messages. 

 

He can pick up a couple hours at the convenience store he used to work at. That way he and Seokjin can get some income. "Hey, Jin," he says as he opens the door. His eyes widen.

 

"W-what are you doing?" Seokjin pulls up his towel to cover his chest. 

 

Taehyung turns around, trying to erase the picture of Seokjin's bare chest from his mind. "I-I'm sorry." Taehyung could feel his cheeks flush. "Why didn't you lock the door?" 

 

"I thought I did," Seokjin says flustered. Taehyung continues standing at the door with his back turned. "C-can I finish dressing?" 

 

"Of course!" Taehyung reaches behind him for the doorknob. He closes the door quickly. He touches his burning cheeks. 'I'm such a dumb . Why didn't I knock first? And why did I just stand there? I hope he doesn't think I'm a ,' Taehyung thinks. 

 

His mind slowly wanders to Seokjin with the towel around his waist. He catches himself and slaps himself mentally. He cups his burning cheeks and cries silently, "What am I doing?" 

 

"You can come in now," Seokjin says from the other side of the door. Taehyung gathers himself together. He fans his face a little before opening the door. "What did you want to talk about?"

 

He leans against the doorway, meanwhile Seokjin's sitting on the bed. "I won't be going to work until everything's back to normal. I was wondering, will you still continue going to work at your restaurant?" 

 

If Seokjin does continue to work at his restaurant, he'll be gone the whole day. It'll take some time to drive there, he'll work for a couple of hours, he'll drive back home and it would be late into the night already.

 

"I," Seokjin seems to think for a while. "I was planning on taking a temporary leave since we're now living farther away." 

 

"I see," Taehyung scratches his head. He doesn't want to admit it but, he does feel a bit better knowing Seokjin won't be gone for a whole day everyday. "I'll ask for a couple hours at the convenience store around the corner." That income should be enough combined with his personal savings. 

 

With that he turns around, planning to go shower. "What about me?" He stops at Seokjin's voice. "What can I do?" 

 

He spins around, almost too quickly. "You don't have to do anything." He doesn't want Seokjin to work too hard. They're not entirely broke. Just low on money. "I can be the only one who needs to work. You can just stay home." 

 

Seokjin stays silent so he takes that as a sign he can go shower. When he comes out of the bathroom, Seokjin is already in bed with even breathing. He makes sure all the windows and the door is locked, the stove is off, then snuggles into his covers.

 

He leaves in the early morning to go to the convenience store. Being familiar, he gets his shift right away. For lunch, he eats ramen from the store. He should call Seokjin just to check-in with him. He reaches for his pocket. Silly him. He forgot his phone. 

 

Seokjin will be fine. He already told Seokjin about working at the convenience store. He ends up working all day since the other person who shares the day shift with him didn't show. 

 

He walks home with a bag of snacks and drinks for Seokjin. 'I wonder what he did while I was gone,' Taehyung thinks. His apartment comes into view and he basically jogs the rest of the way. He can't wait to give the snacks and drinks to Seokjin. 

 

He flings the door open. Now that he thinks of it, he never had someone wait for him at his apartment. "Jin~ I'm home." He sets the bag of snacks and drinks on the counter. 

 

"Where have you been?" He hears Seokjin's worried voice behind him. Why would Jin be worried? 

 

He turns around with a drink in hand. "Working at the convenience store. Look," he gestures to the bag on the counter. "I got some snacks and drinks." 

 

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" Seokjin asks, face still lace with worry. 

 

Taehyung chuckles a little. "Silly me. I forgot it." He sips his drink. "Do you like white chocolate?" 

 

Seokjin's worried eyes fade away and in place something else. "You made me really worried." Taehyung almost chokes on his drink. He made Seokjin worry? "You said you'd go ask the convenience store to ask for hours, not that you'd work right away." 

 

Seokjin plays with his sleeve. "You didn't answer my calls so I thought something bad happen to you. Like you got lost or hurt somewhere. You were also gone the whole day." Taehyung stops sipping his drink. "I can also find a job so you don't have to work so hard." 

 

He didn't think Seokjin would worry so much. He also doesn't want Seokjin to work. He doesn't need to and Taehyung would feel more relieved knowing he's not lost somewhere or in danger. "You don't need to. Just stay home." 

 

Seokjin crosses his arms. "Why can't I?"

 

"It's just I-" Taehyung couldn't finish as Seokjin speaks over him. 

 

"I can work as well. I know how to do stuff." His forehead creases a bit. "Do you think I'm not capable of doing hard tasks?" There's a small little fire in Seokjin's eyes and his bottom lip is jutting out. 

 

"You're probably not used to this kind of lifestyle and-" Taehyung flinches as Seokjin interrupts him again. 

 

"And you are?" Seokjin cuts in sharply. 

 

Without thinking he speaks, "Yes." He's speechless as Seokjin storms out the living room. He is used to this lifestyle. He can't say that though without blowing his alibi. He puts his drink down and runs after Jin. 

 

"Jin," he knocks on the bedroom door.  "Jin," he tries again and jiggles the doorknob. Locked. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that." No answer. "Jin," he calls out again. This time more desperate. He leans against the door. 

 

What has he done? He sits down, his back leaning against the door frame. Maybe he is babying Seokjin too much. He just doesn't want Seokjin to feel overwhelm with the need to get money. Seokjin shouldn't be stress over this. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung snaps awake when he realizes he's in his bed. He sits up, looking for Seokjin. Not in the room. Taehyung staggers out of bed. He goes out of the room, meeting the hallway. 

 

The bathroom door is wide open with no Jin. He goes to the living room and kitchen. He lets out the big breath he was holding. Seokjin is sleeping soundly on the sofa. 

 

Jin is sleeping so peacefully that Taehyung almost forgets what happened last night. Remembering his shift, he leaves Jin alone and gets ready. 

 

How did he end up in bed? He must've fallen asleep when waiting for Jin. So, Jin put him to bed? Taehyung makes sure to grab his phone before leaving.

 

The morning is chilly and he regrets not bringing a coat. Instead, wearing a jacket. He presses his lips together as he thinks. Maybe he was treating Jin too much like a baby. No, he was treating Jin too much like a baby. 

 

Taehyung brings his hands up to his mouth to blow on them. Hopefully, warming them up. He does so but stops when his gaze lands on his right hand. More specifically, Seokjin's bracelet. 

 

~~~~

 

Everything looks brighter and cleaner. Seokjin definitely cleaned the place. Taehyung s his jacket as he goes over to the counter. There's a small plate of rice and stir-fry. 

 

He glances at the hallway. Was Seokjin avoiding him? He finishes his lunch, washes his plate, then seeks Seokjin who is in the bathroom organizing stuff. 

 

"Hey, Jin," he says with a smile. Jin ignores him and goes on organizing. "Thank you for the meal. It was yummy." He lights up as Seokjin turns to him. 

 

But, the light goes away just as fast when Seokjin walks past him. He bites his bottom lip. How should he to approach this?

 

Jin is now at the closet, sorting the stuff in there as well. Taehyung waltz over to him with a small smile planted on his face. "Jin," he starts. You can't say he finished for Seokjin walks away from the closet just as he starts.

 

His confidence staggers. Nonetheless, he follows Seokjin like a puppy. They're in the living room with Seokjin wiping the coffee table. This time he stays quiet, not wanting to mess up again. 

 

Finally, after what felt like hours, Taehyung tugs at Seokjin's sleeve. Seokjin stops wiping the table and Taehyung feels alive again. Not a second pass before Seokjin returns to wiping the table. Hand still gripping Seokjin's sleeve, "I'm sorry. I didn't think about your feelings. I just didn't want you to hate me for making you live like this. However, I was wrong."

 

He catches slight movement in Seokjin's eyes in his direction. "I shouldn't be treating you like you're some precious stone which I have to hide. I'm sorry for not thinking about your feelings." He finishes and expects Seokjin to say something. 

 

Seokjin continues wiping the table like he was never there. Honestly, it hurts him. To be treated like nothing in Jin's eyes. He lets go of Seokjin's sleeve and goes to his room. Third time is not the charm

 

He shuts the door and falls over to his bed. Face first in the pillow. 'Don't. Don't. Don't,' he chants to himself. He bites his quivering lip and a tear rolls down his cheek. 'Don't cry.' 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung lies awake in his bed, back flat. He's been staring at the ceiling for the past hour. He rubs his eyes, which are probably puffy. He can't believe he cried. The first time in forever. His hands drops down to his side. 

 

It's already deep into the night. He can't go to sleep though. Well, he did slip into sleep for a little bit. It was horrible, he dreamt of Jin. Seokjin smiling that lovely smile at him. For him. 

 

He has to try again when the sun rises. Even if Seokjin keeps ignoring him. His thoughts are interrupted when the door creaks open. He tenses up right away. Ghosts? His eyes are wide open, trying to see through the darkness. 

 

The "ghost" comes closer to him. Taehyung doesn't blink as the "ghost" gets in bed with him. Remembering his puffy eyes, Taehyung closes them. He stiffens as an arm wraps around him. 

 

Due to his earlier crying, he hiccups. He mentally slaps himself but isn't fast enough as another hiccup comes out of his lips. "Were you sad?" Seokjin's first words. He keeps his mouth shut. Mostly because of the fear that another hiccup will escape. 

 

"You looked really sad when I ignored you," Seokjin says quietly. 'I was really sad,' Taehyung thinks but doesn't speak. Seokjin moves his head closer. "I'm sorry for making you sad," breath fanning over his cheek. "Will you forgive me?" 

 

Taehyung turns his head slightly, nose almost touching Seokjin's. "Will you forgive me?" Taehyung says just as quietly. 

 

"I forgive you." He was starting to make out Seokjin's face in the dark. "Will you forgive me?" He asks again. 

 

Taehyung turns so that he was on his side, facing Jin completely. "I forgive you." He wraps an arm around Seokjin. He could feel the weight on his shoulder float away. 

 

Seokjin's looking at him with unreadable eyes. "Did you cry?" 

 

Taehyung feels his face flush. "I-didn't," he stutters. 

 

A soft smile grace Seokjin's lips. "If that's what you say. Although, I can just see in the morning if your eyes are puffy." Taehyung pouts and Seokjin laughs. It lights up the room like the moon. Taehyung smiles too, seeing Seokjin's sparkling eyes. 

 

Are his eyes sparkling like that too? He feels like he's sparkling. 

 

~~~~

 

The skateboard rolls smoothly under him. He halts to a stop and turn his head. "Hurry!" He calls with a smile. 

 

"I'm walking just fine. You're just going too fast," Seokjin grumps. He waits for Seokjin to catch up with him, before skateboarding again. Just as he was gaining speed, he slows down. "If you go that fast, I'll be left behind again," Seokjin whines, gripping his arm. 

 

"I'll never leave you behind." Taehyung steps off his skateboard. "Here, you try." 

 

Seokjin looks between him and the skateboard. "No thanks." He lets go of Taehyung and continues walking. 

 

Taehyung smiles as he pulls on Seokjin's hand. "Try it. It's not that hard and it's fun." Seokjin looks skeptical as Taehyung pulls him onto the skateboard. "Now, just use one foot to push," Taehyung looks down at Seokjin's footing. "Do it a couple of times to gain speed." 

 

Seokjin does as he says and soon he's ahead of Taehyung. However, he stops and turns around. "Hurry!" He copies Taehyung. 

 

"Haha, very funny," he catches up to Seokjin. This time as Seokjin starts moving, he puts a hand on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung glances at Seokjin who's looking ahead. 

 

So, they continue like that for the rest of the way. Side by side. With Seokjin rolling smoothly on the skateboard, a hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 

 

Eventually, they arrive at the grocery store. Taehyung rolls the cart while Seokjin picks what to get. They go through the store pretty fast as Seokjin seems to know exactly what to get. 

 

Taehyung loads the food onto the conveyor belt while Seokjin gets ready to pay. "Is this the reason you disappeared for a couple months?" the cashier asks Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung keeps his expression cool. "What do you mean, Auntie?" Seokjin looks at Taehyung with a puzzled expression. 

 

"You went to find someone," she smiles at Seokjin. "Hi," she greets Seokjin. 

 

"Hi." Seokjin smiles politely, though Taehyung could tell he was still confused. 

 

Auntie coos, "He's a beauty. Ta-" 

 

Taehyung interrupts her before she could say his name. "Auntie, meet Seokjin. Seokjin meet Auntie." By now, Taehyung has already finished loading the groceries out of the cart. 

 

As Auntie scans the food, she asks, "Does he act like a little kid?" 

 

Seokjin smiles, "Yeah, he does." Taehyung felt flabbergasted at their conversation. 

 

"He's kinda cute though, right?" Auntie ask with a raised brow. Seokjin's smile is bigger as he nods. 

 

"Um, hello." Taehyung waves his hand. "Standing right here." 

 

"See? He's acting like one right now," Auntie says to Jin. Both of them giggle while he pouts.

 

~~~~

 

The smell of chocolate invades his nostrils, making his mouth water. Taehyung glances over to Seokjin who is in the kitchen. Taehyung watches him admiringly. His face is relax as he stirs something in a bowl. 

 

He's making chocolate in hopes of selling it. When he was young, he tried making chocolate for his mom. Sadly, he failed. Ever since that, he keeps on making chocolate. Now he's a master at it. That's what Seokjin told Taehyung. 

 

He turns back to the show on the t.v. A survival show for this boy group. He leans closer to the t.v. as his favorite trainee gets scolded. "I'm done." Seokjin sits down by him with a plate. 

 

"Woah. They look neat." Staring up at him are three round chocolate balls. One has red hearts sprinkled on top. The other has white chocolate zigzagging across. The last one has coconut shavings on top. He takes his time with each, letting the chocolate melt in his mouth. 

 

"How does it taste?" Seokjin asks eagerly.

 

"Awesome!" Taehyung shows two thumbs up. 

 

Seokjin smiles and fiddles with his fingers. "Thanks." He grabs the plate and heads back to the kitchen. Taehyung gets up as well, wanting to help clean. Seokjin does the dishes while Taehyung puts the ingredients back and wipes the counters.

 

"The water's not going down . ." Seokjin notes as the water is about to overflow. 

 

Taehyung closes the cupboard he just opened. "I can fix it." Seokjin moves out of the way as he ducks down, looking under the sink. He used to always call someone to fix it. With the occurrence happening way too often for his pockets, he learned it himself. 

 

He already has the box of tools to fix it under the sink and gets to work right away. "You know how to do this?" Seokjin asks him. He's also ducked down to watch Taehyung work away. 

 

"No, I'm just playing with it," Taehyung says in a serious voice. Seokjin's mouth opens and his eyes are as wide as saucers. Taehyung laughs, "I'm just kidding. I know how to do it." 

 

"You joke too much," Seokjin grumbles. 

 

"But, you like that." Taehyung grins widely at Seokjin. Seokjin has a small smile as he rolls his eyes. Taehyung brings his focus back on the sink. Just a little more. He feels pride bloom in his chest. "Done." 

 

Seokjin gets out from under the sink and checks to see if the water's going down. "Yay! You fixed it, Fix-it-V!" Seokjin says exaggeratedly. Taehyung chuckles a bit and gets up. 

 

"Ow!" He bumps his head and falls back down to his crouching. He always forget no matter how many times he does it. Seokjin crouches back down fast with a concerned expression. 

 

His hand immediately caresses the crown of Taehyung's head. "Does it hurt a lot?" He pats Taehyung's head. 

 

"Kinda," Taehyung squeaks. Seokjin's hand runs through his hair, eyes searching the top of Taehyung's head. 

 

"You might get a bruise," he tells Taehyung and scoots closer. Taehyung bows his head slightly as Seokjin examines his head. "I don't see anything yet." His hand falls from Taehyung's head. "If it hurts later, tell me . ." Seokjin trails off, looking at him.

 

Taehyung finds his eyes on Seokjin's lips. So plump. So kissable. He closes his lips which were parted. His eyes find Seokjin's eyes then back down at Seokjin's lips. Without knowing he's doing so, he his bottom lip. 

 

He brings his face closer to Seokjin's, gulping as he did so. He stops when their noses are about to touch. So close. If he just tilt his head and close the distance, it would be a kiss. 

 

Before he could move any closer, Seokjin gets up. He bumps his head and falls right back down. This time Taehyung's hand immediately touches Seokjin's head. Seokjin winces as Taehyung press down on it. He shakes his head and ruffles Seokjin's hair. 

 

It probably hurts more for Seokjin since he got up so fast. "You're so clumsy," Taehyung says with a slight smile. He gets up carefully, making sure to not hit his head again. He helps Seokjin up. "I'll get you an ice pack." 

 

He grabs one from the freezer and ignores Seokjin's hand. Putting it on Seokjin's head himself. He holds it there with his right hand, enjoying Seokjin's reaction to him. A mix of annoyance and something else. 

 

"What would you do without me?" Taehyung says purposely stuck-up. 

 

Seokjin plays along. "What would I do without you?" His eyes are wide and innocent. His voice soft and vulnerable. Taehyung can understand why he's an actor. "Now," Seokjin's fingers walk up his left arm. He locks eyes with Taehyung. "What would you do with me?" 

 

Taehyung's face heats up and he can't get a word out of his mouth. His mind stopped functioning at Seokjin's question. His voice sounds so sultry. The opposite of how it usually sounds. 

 

"Hm?" Taehyung gulps as Seokjin has a small smile and is still making eye contact with him. What would he do with Seokjin? He would take Seokjin somewhere pretty. Maybe under the stars. Somewhere where they could see the stars. Just as long as they're together.

 

Yet, he can't get those words out of his mouth. "How about a . ." Seokjin leans closer to him, his breath on Taehyung's ear. Taehyung could feel his heartbeat pick up. His image of him and Seokjin stargazing is replaced with him and Seokjin . .kissing. 

 

He pushes Seokjin away. He puts a hand over his heart, feeling like his heart is having a big festival or something. Seokjin looks mildly confused. "D-don't do that," he stammers with pink cheeks.

 

He can't handle it. He never straight out thought of kissing Seokjin. His mind, mostly replaying Seokjin's smiles and laughters. Thinking of kissing Seokjin makes him feel even weirder. 

 

He never saw Seokjin act like so. It made his heart a little too excited. "Was it believable?" Taehyung's mouth parts and he looks at Jin, still not grasping it. Seokjin's gaze falters. "I was acting." 

 

Taehyung closes his mouth. Of course. Acting. He feels like such an idiot. Heart racing, face hot. Jin takes the ice pack out of his hand. "I think I'm fine now." Taehyung nods and Seokjin puts the ice pack away. 

 

He doesn't think he's fine. He places a hand over his erratic heart.

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

"What!" The chair spins around and the two cowering men are met with their boss. "You lost V!" 

 

The cowering men bows. Mostly so they can avoid their boss's deadly gaze. "After you froze his money, he disappeared." 

 

Their boss scoffs, "Are you blaming me?" 

 

"N-no. Of course not." They keep their heads down. 

 

Their boss sighs as he leans back in his seat. He kicks all the things on his desk off, making his workers flinch. "Find him. As fast as you can." The two worker nods, shaking from fear. 

 

You never want to be around when their boss gets really angry. Sensing their boss's silence the two make way for the door. "Wait," they freeze. What else did they do wrong?

 

"Did he take Seokjin with him?" The boss asks them, voice unreadable. 

 

"We haven't been able to spot Seokjin as well," one of them answer. 

 

"We assume he's with V," the other finishes.

 

Silence for a moment. "Leave!" The two workers scurry out of the room. The boss opens the file on his desk. He pulls out a photo of V and Seokjin together, eyes narrowing as he looks at the couple.