Encounters

Charade

“Cancel it! Cancel it all!” 

 

“But-“ 

 

“Do you not hear me? I said cancel it!” I throw the phone behind me, hands gripping the steering wheel. Stupid intern. Always getting in the way of things. I run a hand through my hair.

 

It’s late into the night already. He should be asleep by now. However, the bright lights shining through the windows say otherwise. I throw my keys to the servant who comes to my side. I’m exhausted to death, barking at the servants to get me a cup of coffee. 

 

He’s sitting on the sofa, watching some cheesy drama on the t.v. I don’t want to deal with this again so I head straight for the stairs. “V,” I hear him say but continue up the stairs. “V,” he says again, grabbing my arm. 

 

Why does he care so much about me? He knows that I didn’t want this marriage. Hell, he didn’t want this marriage at first too. “It’s almost morning,” he tells me like I didn’t know. 

 

“And?” I turn to him, glaring. Sadness flicker in his eyes and I almost want to apologize. Almost.

 

“I’m worried about you,” he looks me up and down. “I called Hoseok. You haven’t been eating your meals.” Did he care that much to call? He smiles at me, tugging my arm. “I made dinner for you.” You did? 

 

“I’m not hungry,” I pull my arm away. I don’t need to deal with this right now. “You can eat it by yourself.” He looks crushed and a small, small, very small part of me wants to yell at myself. But a bigger part of me drags myself up to my room. 

 

I close the door after me, leaning against it. I’m surprised to not hear his footsteps after me. Seokjin. Seokjin’s footsteps. My husband. He hasn’t done anything wrong except marrying me. 

 

I hate it that my parents forced me to get married so early. It’s my decision. Not theirs. Now, I have a husband who cares too much about me and I can’t care for him because I need to care about my work more. 

 

I shake my head and fall onto the king bed. Sleep takes over me without another thought. 

 

Why the hell is it so cold? I awake from sleep and immediately find out the reason why. The door to the balcony is wide open. How many times do I have to tell Seokjin to close it? 

 

I get up, ready to drag him back inside so I can sleep peacefully. However, when I reach the door, I hear sniffling. His shoulders are shaking and he keeps rubbing his eyes. He’s crying. 

 

I don’t have the heart to yell at him anymore. He continues to cry, not noticing me. I probably made him cry. No, I definitely made him cry. I watch as tears keep pouring out of his eyes. Each time a tear slips, he would wipe it away even though more keeps falling. Why does he even bother? 

 

I go back into the room, grabbing my pillow. He’s still crying as I silently leave the room. I walk towards the guest room where I sleep more than my own bed. Even though I’ve done this a hundred times already, as I try to sleep, my mind keeps replaying the image of him crying. Why does he even bother to try anymore? 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

“Bye, Dad,” Jin hugs his dad. “Bye, Mom,” he hugs his mom. Taehyung’s glad he got to visit Seokjin’s parents with Seokjin. He could see how happy Jin got. 

 

“Take care of yourself, okay?” Seokjin’s mom tells Jin, holding his shoulders. 

 

“Take care of V too,” his dad chimes in, winking at Taehyung. 

 

“He can take care of himself,” Seokjin mumbles, causing his dad to laugh loudly. Seokjin’s parents them out but as Jin gets in the car, Taehyung stays back. 

 

He turns to Seokjin’s parents, bowing. “Thanks for inviting Jin and me, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim-“

 

“Call me mom,” Seokjin’s mom says. Taehyung lifts his head. Mom? 

 

“And call me dad,” Seokjin’s dad puts a hand on his shoulder, smiling proudly. “I used to worry all the time about how Seokjin is but I know now that he’s in good hands. Thank you, son.” 

 

Taehyung’s flustered and the only thing he can think of doing is bowing, earning a slight chuckle from both of them. He lifts his head. “I will do my best to take of Seokjin.” He smiles, “Take care, Dad and Mom.” 

 

With that, he bows once more and hurries to the car where Jin is waiting. 

 

~~~~

 

“What do you call someone with no body and no nose?” Jin asks Taehyung. Taehyung whose head is resting on Jin’s laps looks up. Seokjin’s been telling him dad jokes for some time now. 

 

He doesn’t know how long it’s been because all he’s been paying attention to is Seokjin’s windshield wiping laughter that follows every joke. “Mmm. .” Taehyung pretends to think. “What do you call someone with no body and no nose? I don’t know.” 

 

A small giggle escapes Seokjin’s mouth but he holds it back. “Nobody knows.” Jin burst into laughter, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Taehyung laughs with him, partially because of the joke but mostly because Jin’s laughing which makes him want to laugh. 

 

“I didn’t know you were such a corny person,” Taehyung presses an adoring kiss to Seokjin’s hand. 

 

“I guess you don’t know much about me then,” Seokjin says buoyantly. Taehyung chuckles, kissing his hand again. “Tell me a joke,” Seokjin looks at him with bright and sparkling eyes. How could Taehyung say no to that? 

 

“I’ve got a joke about construction,” Taehyung stops to leave a little pause for the joke. “But I’m still working on it.” Jin laughs immediately, Taehyung laughing along as well. Never did he think he would enjoy telling a joke this much. 

 

Taehyung sits up, shoulder touching Jin’s. He feels so happy and in love. Ever since they came back from Seokjin’s parents' house, they’ve been spending time together like this. Just talking about the most random stuff and laughing. 

 

Seokjin turns his head, still with a smile. Taehyung wonders if this is all in just his head. If his heart’s the only heart-pounding tonight and all those other nights. He wonders if Seokjin’s too good to be true. And would it be alright if he pulled him closer? 

 

Seokjin rests his head on Taehyung’s shoulder, “My heart feels so full.” Taehyung’s heart feels full too. “Sometimes I wonder if this is just a dream,” Jin says softly. He twirls the ring on his right hand. Taehyung’s ring. “I wonder if I’m going to wake up one morning and find out that I just dreamt of all of this.” 

 

“All of this?” What is “all of this” to Seokjin? Is it this moment? Their shared kisses. The moment they confessed their love to each other. Or when Taehyung first met Seokjin. 

 

“Yeah. You and me. In love like this.” Seokjin wraps an arm around Taehyung’s arm. “If this is a dream, I don’t want it to end.” Taehyung feels his mind go blank for a second. A dream that’ll only last for so long.

 

“Don’t think like that . .” Taehyung half-heartedly scolds Jin. “Even if this is a dream, it concurs with my real feelings.” Even if their time together isn’t going to be forever, he loves Jin. Now and in the future. 

 

“Okay, Romeo,” Seokjin says with a shy smile. Taehyung smiles and pulls Seokjin into a kiss. Seokjin’s lips are starting to become familiar to him. He likes that. 

 

~~~~

 

“This is fine,” Taehyung tells the consultant. The consultant bows his head before leaving the fitting room. Every couple of months V gets tailored suits. To not break routine and cause suspicions, Taehyung’s here. 

 

Taehyung checks himself out in the mirror. The suit he has on is a dark bluish purple. It has pink stripes running down and even has a black sash tied around his neck. 

 

Taehyung was never really a fashion person, usually wearing whatever just falls into his hands. However, since he started becoming V, he’s starting to feel a fashion sense for himself. 

 

The loud ringing of his phone interrupts his intense staring contest with his reflection. “Hello,” he picks up right away, not even bothering to look at the called ID. 

 

“Hey, V.” Taehyung’s face is immediately lit up with a smile. “Are you done trying on your suits yet?” 

 

“No,” Taehyung whispers. He’s been paying very close attention to each and every piece of clothing that lays on his skin, taking more time than needed. “Just a couple more to go than I’ll be right there,” Taehyung chirps into the phone. Well, more like ten more to go. 

 

“Okay, then. I’ll be waiting~” He could hear a smile in Seokjin’s voice. After his fitting, he’s going to meet Jin at his restaurant where they’ll have dinner together. 

 

“I’ll be hurrying,” Taehyung says into the phone, stepping out of the room to signal the consultant that he’s ready for the next suit. “See you in a bit, Jin.” He makes a kissing sound then ends the call. 

 

Taehyung laughs as he thinks about Seokjin’s reaction. Either he’ll blush or he’ll make a kissing sound back. Why does he feel like Seokjin would do the later reaction?

 

Taehyung goes over his suits quickly, wanting to see Jin already. He thanks the consultant before leaving the shop which is in the mall. Checking the phone for the time, he crashes right into somebody. 

 

“I’m so sorry,” Taehyung apologizes right away to the stranger lying on the ground. He offers a hand to the stranger. “I wasn’t looking where I was going. Are you alright?” The stranger groans as he turns his head to look at Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung’s eyes widen as the stranger’s eyes narrow. The stranger shakes his head, his dark eyes becoming sweet. He takes Taehyung’s hand, “Thanks, V.” 

 

“You’re welcome,” Taehyung pats himself on the back for not stuttering. “What are you doing here, Jimin?” 

 

Dusting his legs, Jimin smiles at him. “Just thought I should get out of the house,” Jimin shrugs. “What about you, V?” He’s still smiling but Taehyung could tell the smile didn’t reach his eyes. 

 

He’s flooded with what Seokjin told him. Jin and Jimin used to be a thing. They used to be lovers. Jimin wanted-no. Jimin wants Seokjin back. Taehyung doesn’t hate Jimin though. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy. Taehyung smiles a sincere smile, “Just getting a fitting for my suits.” 

 

Jimin nods, “Where’s Seokjin?” 

 

“Waiting for me . .” Taehyung could see Jimin scoff quietly. If he didn’t pay close attention, he could’ve missed that. “At his restaurant,” Taehyung says clearly. “I’m on my way now to eat dinner with him.” Jimin’s smile falters for a millisecond. 

 

Taehyung feels bad. Even though Jin told him, he doesn’t love Jimin anymore, Taehyung still feels bad as if he stole something. Jimin takes another step towards him, “Are you sure about that?” 

 

Sure about what? That he’s going to dinner with Jin. Of course, he is. “Why would I not be sure about it?” Taehyung asks, confused. 

 

Jimin stays quiet for a while, just staring at Taehyung with his cold, sharp eyes. Suddenly, his eyes turn into crescent shapes. “I’m just playing with you,” Jimin punches Taehyung playfully. “You’re,” Jimin his lips. “A lucky guy, V.” Jimin smiles before he walks past Taehyung.

 

Lucky guy? Taehyung turns his head to watch as Jimin strut deeper into the mall. Lucky about what? 

 

~~~~

 

“Why the long face?” Taehyung lifts Seokjin’s face to look up at him. “I won’t be gone for long. Just three days, maybe four.” He’s going away on a business trip for a few days. 

 

Seokjin’s bottom lip juts out a bit. “I know. It’s just going to be weird without you,” Seokjin says softly. 

 

A chuckle comes out of Taehyung’s mouth. “You mean you’re gonna miss me?” He smiles at Jin, enjoying his dilated pupils. Taehyung grabs his hands, “Don’t worry. I’ll miss you, too.” 

 

Seokjin hugs Taehyung, leaning his head on Taehyung’s shoulder. “Who will I wake up to cuddling me?” 

 

Taehyung smiles, wrapping his arms around Jin. “I’ll cuddle you in your dream.” Seokjin pulls away slightly and presses his lips to Taehyung’s. It’s long and loving. Taehyung’s gonna miss kissing him like this. “I should get going. I don’t want to keep Hoseok waiting.” 

 

Seokjin nods and walks him out of the house. A car is waiting for him, his luggage already in. “Bye, V.” Seokjin gives him a quick kiss on the lips before he has to let go of his hand. 

 

Taehyung peeks his head out of the car and waves until Seokjin’s out of his eyesight. He falls back into his seat, conversing with the driver as they drive to the airport. 

 

~~~~

 

“After this, you all have free time. Just be ready for the meeting tomorrow,” Taehyung tells the employees. They’ve arrived and are now eating dinner together at a restaurant. 

 

“Chairman Kim, what will you be doing in your free time?” Hei Ryung asks him. She’s sitting next to him, on his left while Hoseok’s on his right. 

 

“I’m just going to be in my hotel room.” He plans to FaceTime Seokjin until he has to go to sleep. It’s only been a couple of hours and he already misses Jin so much. He hasn’t noticed how much of his time is spent with Jin lately. 

 

“You don’t want to walk around the city? I heard there’s a water show with the big fountain we passed,” Hei Ryung tells him. “Let’s go together.” 

 

“Maybe Sunoo can go with you,” Taehyung says loudly so Sunoo can hear. Since Hoseok suspected Hei Ryung of liking him, he’s starting to notice all the little things she does for him. 

 

Her eyes cast down and her happy aura disappears for a moment. “Okay,” she says with her cheerfulness back in check. Taehyung could still sense the disappointment in her as she continues eating and speaking loudly with the other employees. 

 

Technically, he’s a married man. His heart already has an owner but Taehyung isn’t very good when rejecting people. Hei Ryung is a funny person. She’s also pretty. He doesn’t want her to waste her time over him when she could find someone else. 

 

They finish eating and he goes to his hotel room where he takes a shower. After his shower, he slips into casual clothes and leaves his room. The fountain isn’t that far away so he walks. 

 

He arrives and the show hasn’t started yet but there’s already so many people. He weaves through the crowd, searching for Hei Ryung. After twenty minutes, he stops. Where could she be? Did she not come after Taehyung’s refusal? 

 

“Chairman Kim!” he hears a cheery voice call. He doesn’t have to turn to know it’s Hei Ryung. Hei Ryung’s by his side in no time. “I thought you were just going to be in your hotel room.” 

 

“I changed my mind. I need to tell you something,” Taehyung tells her, voice rising as the chatter of people becomes louder. 

 

She tilts her head, “Tell me what?” Taehyung gulps, glancing over to the fountain which is still waterless. 

 

“Find someone better than me,” he says softly. Hei Ryung’s eyes go big. “Don’t waste your time on me.” Seokjin’s face flash across his mind. “I already have someone who’s incredible and loves me. I love him too. He’s the most gorgeous human being I’ve ever encountered.” 

 

Hei Ryung looks like she was shot with an arrow of heartbreak. “I-I love y-“ 

 

“I want you to find your special person. The person who makes you never want to do anything bad. The person who loves you equally much, who would do anything for you.” Tears pool in Hei Ryung’s eyes and with the loud music, water springs out of the fountain. 

 

Hei Ryung doesn’t blink as she just looks at Taehyung. “Why are you telling me this?” she croaks. 

 

“Because I know there’s someone out there who’s going to love you with all of their heart and I want you to go find them and do everything for them. Not me. I’m not the sole owner of your heart. Not the true owner.” 

 

It’s silent except for the people around them, music, and the splashing of the water. Taehyung’s waiting for Hei Ryung to say something. Hei Ryung smiles softly, eyes still teary. “I want to be angry. I want to yell but . .” She glances at him, sighing. “I can see that you’re only with good intentions.” 

 

She looks at the fountain, Taehyung doing so too. The water looks so pretty with color lights dancing around it. “Seokjin’s lucky. He got the best husband in the world and he didn’t even have to try,” Hei Ryung says with envy. They’re quiet, watching the fountain. “Everything’s fine between us, right?” 

 

“Yeah, of course,” Taehyung answers. He’ll still talk to Hei Ryung, greet her as they pass in the hall. 

 

“You won’t move me to another department?” 

 

“What! Of course not!” Taehyung’s offended that she even thought that. He’s not that type of person. 

 

She laughs loudly, “You’re a funny person, Chairman Kim.” Chairman Kim. Kim V. Would Hei Ryung still have liked him if he was just Kim Taehyung? Career-less and poor. Not a successful, rich businessman like V. 

 

“What if I’m not Kim V? Would you still have liked me?” Taehyung asks. Somehow, he feels like he’s not just asking Hei Ryung. 

 

“Not Kim V? What kind of question is that?” She scrunches her nose. “Even if you’re not Chairman Kim, you still have your handsome face. I’m pretty sure I’ll still like you.” 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. “Not my looks. Like. .my life. What if I’m not rich and I just live in a crappy apartment? I only work at the convenience store, playing basketball all day. I don’t have any goals or success. Would you still like me?” 

 

Hei Ryung laughs. “What kind of questionnaire is this? That won’t happen in a million years. You’re the Kim V.” Taehyung opens his mouth to explain again but Hei Ryung raises a hand to stop him. 

 

“If that were the case, I think I would still like you.” Still like him? Why? If he’s moneyless with no idea of what he’s going to do with his life, why would you still like him?

 

“You’re really friendly. Like a social butterfly. I fell for you when I saw that smile of yours and you would greet me every time we pass each other. Maybe I fell even harder because you used to never know who I was and you never smiled in front of us employees. But when you did . .” Hei Ryung smiles. 

 

Would Seokjin still like him if he found out who he really was? “I fell for you because you have a good heart.” A good heart? He has a good heart? “Because you smiled at me. Talked to me with that deep voice of yours.” She blushes and steps away from him. “Hey, I need to be getting over you not continuing to like you.” 

 

Taehyung smiles cheekily. “Sorry,” he apologizes. She shakes her head and rambles about something else. Taehyung sighs, still thinking about what he asked Hei Ryung earlier. If he weren’t V, would you still like him? Would Jin still love him?

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Namjoon rubs his chin in contemplation as he looks at the three options. One is probably it. It checks off all the things in Namjoon’s head. Two is just as good of a contestant. But don’t forget about three. Though it seems the least likely, Namjoon can’t help but think that it’s the one. 

 

Three. He’ll go with three. “Namjoon!” Namjoon looks up at the owner of the voice. 

 

“Seokjin? What are you doing here?” Namjoon asks Seokjin who has a bright smile, seeming very ecstatic. 

 

“Shopping,” Seokjin says with a duh. He has a shopping cart with him, loaded with many groceries. “And it looks like you’ve been having a crisis,” Seokjin notices. 

 

Namjoon chuckles, turning back to his current problem. “I’m in a very tough spot. I can choose my favorite, choice number one,” he gestures to his first choice of ramen. “Choice number two which is also really delicious. Or choice number three which I have not tried yet.” 

 

Seokjin immediately grabs the third choice and puts it in his basket. “I’d say choice number three.” 

 

Namjoon raises a brow. Last he heard, Seokjin doesn’t really eat ramen so why would he be so confident in what Namjoon should eat? “You seem confident about that. Care to explain?” 

 

Seokjin grabs two packs, putting it in his shopping cart. “It’s V’s favorite.” V? Since when did V eat ramen? “He introduced it to me and ever since, I really like it.” Namjoon realizes who’s Seokjin’s talking about. Not V. Taehyung. Of course. What was he thinking? 

 

Talking about Taehyung, he’s currently away. On a business trip as V. “From the looks of your cart, it looks like you’ll be cooking a whole feast,” Namjoon says, noticing the many items in Seokjin’s cart. 

 

Seokjin laughs, “It’s for when V comes back. Every time we FaceTime each other, he whines about how he misses my cooking.” Seokjin smiles as if recalling a special moment. Namjoon smiles. Who else but Taehyung. 

 

“He can be so childish sometimes,” Seokjin smiles fondly, probably remembering a certain memory. Namjoon finds his smile turning into a thin line as Seokjin continues talking about “V.” 

 

Seokjin seems to love V a lot. Namjoon could feel guilt come to him. How would he react if he knew that the V he loves is really just Taehyung? 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

“Any questions?” Taehyung looks around the meeting room. Pleased faces stare back at him. He feels relief wash over his body. “Thank you,” he bows as the people in the meeting room applaud him. 

 

The meeting is dismissed and they all make their way out. “I’m guessing you’ll have a victory dinner,” Hoseok smiles at him. “Should I order Chinese or Japanese food?” 

 

Taehyung shakes his head, “I can order them on my own.” It feels weird having Hoseok still treat him like he’s the boss of him. Hoseok already knows that he’s not V so he doesn’t need to treat Taehyung like this anymore. 

 

Hoseok pats Taehyung on the back. “You did well, Taehyung,” he says in a hushed voice. 

 

“Well, you also helped me a lot. Thank you,” Taehyung thanks Hoseok. They part ways as Taehyung wants to get something for Jin. He goes to some shops nearby, picking out mostly pastries. Food is never the wrong way to go. 

 

Getting hungry himself, he goes to a restaurant where he orders a hearty meal. As he’s walking back to the hotel, he feels like there’s someone following him. He doesn’t stop walking though, just keep his ears up and alert. 

 

The footsteps behind him sound faster than before and Taehyung feels his own feet pick up the pace. He’s thankful when someone steps out a store and walks in front of him. If he were to get attack, the person in front of him will help him. 

 

It’s the evening and there are not many people around anymore. The hotel is coming into sight. But then the person in front of him turns around. He has a face mask. Taehyung’s taken aback but continues walking until he feels a knife to his neck from behind. “Don’t make a noise or we’ll kill you.” 

 

Taehyung stays silent as they pull him into an alleyway. He’s shoved to the ground, meeting the cold gravel. His thoughts are racing as he picks himself up, staring at the two men with face masks. What should he do? What should he say? 

 

“Let’s make this quick,” the one with the knife comes over to him. Make this quick? They’re gonna kill him. . Taehyung’s thoughts are everywhere as he tries to come up with a smart way to get out of here alive 

 

“Wait,” Taehyung steps back, hands up. “You can kill me but first,” he hands them the bag with the pastries for Jin. “Give this to my husband.” The other guy reaches for it but Taehyung keeps his grip on the bag. “Promise me.” He holds out his pinky. “Pinky promise.” The guy with no hesitation pinky promises with him. 

 

Taehyung lets go of the bag, stepping back. He looks at the guy, “You said you’ll make this quick.” He’s surprised at how calm he sounds when in actuality, he’s freaking out. No matter how many times he’s been attacked, he still doesn’t know what to do. 

 

His breath hitches as the guy presses the smooth side of the knife to his cheek. “Handsome like this, shouldn’t you be doing something else other than business?” He should’ve been more careful. Should’ve returned to the hotel earlier. His eyes scan the area. 

 

“Hey!” Both of the guys turn around towards the voice. Taehyung doesn’t even look at who it is, instead of grabbing the brick on the ground. He smacks the guy with the knife across the head. 

 

He staggers but doesn’t pass out right away, turning to glare at Taehyung. “You mother-“ Taehyung hits him on the head with the brick again. This time he does pass out. 

 

Taehyung looks up at the other bad guy who is now on the ground, getting his kicked by someone else. Probably the person who yelled earlier. The nice stranger is having no more mercy on the bad guy. 

 

Taehyung throws the brick to the side, pulling off the nice stranger. “I think that’s enough. We can call the police,” Taehyung tells the stranger. The stranger turns around and Taehyung’s eyes widen. “Yoongi?” 

 

“V,” Yoongi narrows his eyes. “This isn’t some sort of setup, is it?” He looks behind Taehyung at the other guy on the ground. 

 

“What! Of course not. I almost died,” Taehyung blubbers. “Thank you for helping me,” Taehyung recollects himself. If it weren’t for Yoongi, who knows where he’d be right now. 

 

Yoongi looks surprised but brushes it off. “Sure. You’re welcome.” Yoongi picks up the bag on the ground, handing it to Taehyung. “I’m guessing this is yours.” 

 

“Yep,” Taehyung smiles as he takes it. Yoongi turns around, walking out of the alley. Is he just gonna leave like that? “Wait!” Taehyung follows after him. Yoongi scrunches his face as Taehyung comes to his side. 

 

“What do you want, Kim?” Yoongi shoots Taehyung an annoyed look. Taehyung almost forgot that to V, Yoongi’s one of his biggest rivals. Yoongi probably sees him that way too. 

 

“I know I’m usually not that friendly,” Taehyung says keeping his emotions inside. That’s what V would do, right? “However, I feel like I should treat you to something for assisting in the saving of my life.” That’s a mouthful but he sounds like V. 

 

“No thanks. I’m good,” Yoongi says right away. Despite his words, Taehyung pulls him into a bar. “Hey, Kim! Hands off!” Yoongi struggles against him. Taehyung sits him down on a stool. 

 

Sitting next to him, Taehyung turns to Yoongi. “What drink do you want?” He feels like he owns Yoongi something. It’s his life that he almost lost but didn’t due to Yoongi. 

 

Yoongi’s glaring at him but turns to the bartender, ordering a drink called Irish Bomb. He’s sipping quietly on his drink while Taehyung looks around. There aren’t many people in the bar. “Nothing for you to drink?” Yoongi asks him, eyes still narrowed.

 

Why was he so grumpy? Taehyung brought him here as a thank you not to glare at him. “Hey,” Taehyung scoots closer to Yoongi who just scoots away. “I know we’re not exactly the best combo but for tonight let’s be friends,” Taehyung suggests with a friendly smile. “Just for tonight.” 

 

He needs to talk to someone. Let go of this persona even if a little bit. “Fine,” Yoongi mumbles. “I’m only agreeing because you paid for this drink.” Taehyung beams and wraps an arm around Yoongi’s shoulder only to get shrugged off. “Friends with limits,” Yoongi says sternly. “No skinship.” 

 

Taehyung frowns but gives Yoongi space. The bartender gives him a cup of water. “What would you do if this place suddenly blows up?” Taehyung asks Yoongi, earning a suspicious glance from the bartender. 

 

“I would die,” Yoongi says with a poker face. Yoongi’s thoughts are definitely different from his. 

 

“No no,” Taehyung shakes his head. “Like how would you react? I would be shook because this place is just a normal place with normal people. I would also try to run if I can.” He finds himself asking these kinds of questions a lot. It’s like an icebreaker to know new people. 

 

“I would be in pain,” Yoongi says with a bored look. Taehyung shakes his head again, explaining how you’re supposed to answer these kinds of questions. The night goes on like this and Taehyung does receive a couple gummy smiles and chuckles from Yoongi. 

 

Hours pass by and it’s just them, another customer, and the bartender. Taehyung watches as a water droplet rolls down his untouched cup of water. Even though talking with Yoongi got stuff off his mind, he’s remembering them again. 

 

“What would you do if one day you just went from riches to rags?” Taehyung asks Yoongi who’s cheeks are dusted with a light pink from the drinking. 

 

“I would think it’s a dream,” Yoongi replies, actually looking like he’s considering it. “Everybody would treat me differently but that’s fine with me because then, I’ll know who‘s fake.” Taehyung chuckles. 

 

“Maybe life’s better being poor. The only worry you’ll have is paying bills and maybe food.” Yoongi sighs, “I kind of wish I have those worries instead of the ones I have now.” 

 

Taehyung almost forgot about those kinds of stuff. He’s never out of food and there’s someone that does his bills now because he’s V. Because of V. “But that’ll never happen,” Yoongi gets out of his seat. “Until next time, V.”