KangBi : Estrella

Fairy Tale : A KkuChaen Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rainy night in the woods. Thunder was growling and the wind was blowing the trees.

 

“STOP RIGHT THERE!”

 

A woman was running into the woods while two guys were catching after her. She was running in a speed of light, jumping from tree to tree. Landing on the ground before she hopped onto the tree again trying to escape.

 

“ARGH!”

 

That woman growled as a strong punch landed on her cheek. She was thrown to the ground. A loud crash sound was heard. That woman slowly stood. She stretched her neck as the two guys approached closer.

 

“There is no way to escape again Kang Hyewon!” The guy on the right said. He is a tall guy with green hair and green eyes. The guy on the left is a bit taller than him. His brown eyes were shining as he looked at Hyewon. Hyewon tied up her long greenish hair. She wiped the rain drop on her face. She smirked and her extra-pointy canine teeth were exposed. Hyewon is a vampire who has lived for 100 years. She used to stay with her family until one day she decided to run from her family because her family was not giving her the freedom she wanted.

“You can’t kill me Kai, not even with your friend's help,” Hyewon provoked the green haired guy, Kai. Kai turned to his friend, Chanyeol. He gave him a signal to launch an attack.

“Hyewon, you killed an innocent human, we need to take you back to the Council,” Chanyeol said. Kai and Chanyeol worked for the vampire council. Their job is to catch vampires that kill humans to satisfy their own needs.

“Not a chance, it won’t happen,” Hyewon eyed on Chanyeol who was getting closer.

“If you refuse, we have no choice but to kill you!” Kai warned.

“Then, try me,”

 

Kai and Chanyeol charged at Hyewon. Hyewon dodged the attack by blinking to the other side. Blink is Hyewon’s special ability, but it is limited to a short distance.

 

“Too slow boys,” Hyewon provoked again. Hyewon then blinked next to Kai and punched him directly on his cheek. Kai was thrown far into the woods. Chanyeol was caught off guard when Hyewon kicked him on his stomach. He was thrown to the opposite side of Kai. Hyewon rubbed her hand together. She scoffed, “Too easy,”.

 

Hyewon walked to the place she fell earlier. She picked up her necklace. The necklace with a star pendant on it. That necklace was given by her mother before she died. Her mother told her to take care of the pendant because that pendant will lead stars to her.

 

“I found you,”

 

Hyewon froze as she heard the voice behind her. She knew that voice. The voice that she hates the most. The one that made her suffer. The reason she ran away from home.

 

“Father,” Hyewon turned and saw a guy with black robe glaring at her. It was the same glare. The glare that scared Hyewon out. The glare that caused pain inside her. The glare that killed her mother.

“What are you trying to do? You bring shame to our family!” Mr Kang shouted.

“Family? Since when do you care about our family? All you care about is your position, your council!”

 

Mr Kang Haneul is the president of the Vampire Council for years. Among all the vampires, he is the strongest. He will kill anyone who tried to get in his ways, including his family.

 

“Stop all this, before I kill you!” Mr Kang warned.

“Just kill me, just like how you killed Mother!”

 

Mr Kang blinked to Hyewon and choked her on her neck. He raised Hyewon up in the air. The necklace that Hyewon was wearing fell to the ground. It was a gift from her mother. Hyewon tapped his hand repeatedly, trying to escape but Mr Kang is too powerful for Hyewon to fight.

 

“Join me in the council and I will spare you,” Mr Kang offered.

“NO!”

 

Hyewon gathered her strength and she managed to blink behind Mr Kang. She tried to hit his back, but it went through his body. Hyewon froze. She felt someone behind her.

 

“Wasted talent,”

 

CRACK!

 

A cracked sound was heard as Hyewon’s upper body part was split from the bottom part. Hyewon could not feel her leg and she was lying helpless on the ground. Mr Kang burned the lower part of her body.

 

“You will die with only half your body,”

 

Mr Kang squatted down and touched Hyewon’s cheek.

 

“Just like your mother, this is how you will die. You both are trouble to me, wasted,”

 

Mr Kang stood and soon Kai and Chanyeol joined him. Chanyeol took a glimpse at dying Hyewon on the ground. He felt bad for Hyewon.

 

“Let’s go,” Mr Kang ordered.

 

Mr Kang disappeared with Kai and Chanyeol. Hyewon was left there, dying. With her last breath, Hyewon looked at the sky. There were no stars, only thunder and rain. Hyewon thought she would meet her mother soon as she could feel her body getting hard because it was changing into rocks. Hyewon was losing her vision, but she could hear it, there were footsteps, and a voice of a young girl calling for her name. Hyewon saw a bright light before she completely passed out.

 

*   *      *    *     *

 

Hyewon woke up to see herself in white room. There was no door or windows. Hyewon slowly stood and looked around. She saw a woman, with long blonde hair, a bit shorter than her, wearing white dress walking towards her. Hyewon could not deny that the woman in front of her is pretty and she was shining so bright.

 

“Hello, Kang Hyewon,” that woman greeted with a smile. Hyewon was surprised that she knew her name.

“Who are you?” Hyewon asked with curiosity. It was weird that she was in a room with no escape and there was a stranger who kept smiling at her.

“I’m Kwon Eunbi,”

 

Hyewon waited for Eunbi to introduce herself more but she did not. Again, Eunbi just smiled at her.

 

“Okay Miss Kwon, where am I?” Hyewon questioned since Eunbi would not talk and her stare made Hyewon uncomfortable.

“This is your dream,” Eunbi answered, “and you are here because you almost die,”.

“Wait! I’m not dead yet?” Hyewon thought she was already dead after her father killed her.

“Nope, I’m giving you choices to live again, if you want,” Eunbi offered.

“I can live again?” Hyewon was eager to live again. She wanted to take revenge on her father.

“Yes, but you have to make a deal with me,” Eunbi added.

“What deal?” Hyewon looked at Eunbi suspiciously. Eunbi smiled and whispered, “You have to promise that you will protect me,”.

“Protect you? That is easy, I will do it if I can live again,” Hyewon said with full confidence. Eunbi took a step back from Hyewon, “Take my hand,”.

 

Eunbi reached out her hand to Hyewon. Hyewon hesitated for a while but eventually she took it. She could feel electricity as she touched Eunbi’s hand.

 

“Now, repeat after me,” Eunbi instructed. Hyewon nodded.

“I-,”

“I-,”

“Will protect-,”

“Will protect-,”

“My star-,”

“My star-,”

 

Eunbi paused, she looked at Hyewon and smiled, Hyewon was focused on their hand that was glowing bright. Eunbi then said the final line,

 

“Until I die-,”

 

Hyewon switched her attention to Eunbi and softly said,

 

“Until I die…,”

 

Suddenly, there was a strong wind circling Hyewon and Eunbi. Hyewon panicked but Eunbi was calm. In the midst of chaos, Eunbi shined so bright that Hyewon could not see her.

 

“See you later Kang Hyewon,”

 

POOF!

 

Hyewon opened her eyes and immediately stood. She checked her body. Her legs are back. She is back to normal. She scanned around and found herself sitting under a tree, near the waterfall.

 

“That girl is telling the truth, I’m alive again,” Hyewon still could not believe what happened to her.

“Ah you are up!” Eunbi appeared out of nowhere and jumped in front of Hyewon. Hyewon was not prepared for the sudden greeting that she almost fell. Luckily, Eunbi grabbed her hand but Eunbi was unable to support Hyewon’s body. Hyewon ended up pulling Eunbi down with her and Eunbi fell on top of her.

“Ouch!” Eunbi squealed as her forehead hit Hyewon. Hyewon rubbed her forehead but she froze when she realized Eunbi was on top of her. Eunbi was shining, just like she always did. Hyewon could feel her dead heart beating fast. The electricity all over her body. Butterflies in her stomach, she felt it all. Meanwhile, the clumsy Eunbi was still rubbing her head. Hitting a vampire forehead hurts a lot. She did not realize Hyewon had been staring at her.

“Pretty-,” Hyewon blurted out of nowhere. Eunbi turned to Hyewon, puzzled, “What did you say?” Eunbi questioned. Hyewon flustered. It was a mistake. She did not mean it.

“I said get off me!” Hyewon pushed Eunbi to her right and she immediately stood, fixing her clothes. Eunbi followed her. Eunbi was looking at Hyewon suspiciously.

“Why are you here?” Hyewon changed the topic.

“You promised to protect me! So, now you have to protect me!” Eunbi said.

“Protect you? But you were in my dream? This is ridiculous!”

“I saved your life Kang Hyewon so now you have to protect me in exchange for your life!” Eunbi reminded Hyewon who seemed confused with everything. Hyewon who was really confused could not utter a word but just stare at Eunbi suspiciously. That girl gave her life. And she had to protect her in exchange, but something was missing, “What are you Kwon Eunbi?” Hyewon asked. Eunbi’s expression changed and she slowly stepped back from Hyewon.

“What are you? You are shining the whole time, what are you, really?” Hyewon approached Eunbi. Eunbi stopped glowing as she was getting scared, she stuttered, “I’m a star,”.

 

Hyewon froze. A star? Eunbi is a star?

 

“You are really a star? The star that lives in the sky?” Hyewon questioned. Eunbi nodded and she showed Hyewon her glowing heart. Hyewon could not believe what she just saw. That glowing heart belongs to a star. Eunbi is really a star.

“Are you going to kill me now?” Eunbi looked at Hyewon, scared. Hyewon did not answer. Deep inside her, the answer was yes. It was said that when you kill a star and drink the blood, you will get a power that you would never imagine. You will be immortal. No one will be able to kill you with the power you have. It was exactly what Hyewon needed to get revenge on her father.

“Kang Hyewon?” Eunbi was getting nervous as Hyewon did not answer her.

“I can kill you and have all the power, right?” Hyewon’s eyes changed. She looked at Eunbi like she was looking at her prey.

“No, don’t do it Kang Hyewon! You promised!” Eunbi slowly took a step back as Hyewon approached.

“I’m sorry, but I have no choice!”

“NO!”

 

Hyewon charged at Eunbi but before she could even touch her, Hyewon was blocked by a strong wall and she was thrown away from Eunbi.  Hyewon got mad and charged again but the same thing happened. She did not give up and repeated her action, but it did not work. Hyewon finally got tired. She was breathing hard as she looked at Eunbi. Eunbi was laughing at her.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Hyewon asked. Eunbi sighed and walked towards Hyewon. She patted Hyewon’s shoulder, “You can’t attack me because you are my guardian, if I die, you will die too, so all your effort will be useless,” Eunbi explained.

“That doesn’t make sense!” Hyewon was getting mad.

“You and I are one now. We have to stick together or else you will die,” Eunbi stated.

“You scammed me!” Hyewon wanted to hit Eunbi but she got hit instead which angered her more. Eunbi could not help but laugh at Hyewon.

“Nice try! But that will not work,” Eunbi patted Hyewon’s head and pinched her cheek, “Cute-,”.

 

Hyewon shoved Eunbi’s hand away, annoyed.  Hyewon walked away from Eunbi, going deep inside the forest. Eunbi followed her, she knew Hyewon was mad for not being able to kill her.

 

“I can help you take revenge on your father, as long as you protect me,” Eunbi broke the silence after a long walk.

“I don’t trust you,” Hyewon kept walking and at the same time punching every tree she encountered.

“I’m a star, and I have the power, I can help you,” Eunbi sped up and blocked Hyewon by spreading her hand wide in front of Hyewon. Hyewon glared at Eunbi while biting her lip.

“I can help you! I will do my best!” Eunbi was trying to convince Hyewon.

“Can you even fight?” Hyewon asked. Eunbi was not sure about it so she did not answer.

“See! I knew it!” Hyewon walked past Eunbi. Again, Eunbi caught up to Hyewon and blocked her.

“I can revive you if you die again!” Eunbi said. Hyewon sighed, “Is that all you can do?”. Eunbi nodded.

“Fine, whatever!” Hyewon was so done that did not care anymore. Imagine having something that could make you immortal, but you could not have it because you need to protect it. It was frustrating.

 “So, we are a team now?” Eunbi was excited thinking about it.

“Anything you want!” Hyewon kept walking and Eunbi followed her while singing and glowing so bright.

“You are too bright, keep it down,” Hyewon told her.

“I will shine when I’m happy, can’t do anything about it,”

“You are happy now? So weird,” Hyewon scoffed.

“Yes, I got a teammate! Someone that will protect me,”

“Yeah, and that is the unlucky me,” Hyewon let out a sigh.

 

The two kept walking, heading towards the city. Hyewon needed to clean up and check what happened in town.

 

*   *      *    *     *

 

Hyewon and Eunbi settled down at a small ramen restaurant. Eunbi kept saying that she was hungry so Hyewon had no choice but to grab some food for her. Hyewon does not eat food, she only needs blood to survive. There were not many people in the restaurant. A group of travellers drinking, getting drunk and the owner who was calculating at the counter. Hyewon ordered a bowl of ramen and green tea and she returned to Eunbi who was sitting at the corner of the restaurant. Everything made Eunbi amused. She kept wondering how the bulb lights up, or how a machine plays music. Hyewon shook her head in disbelief. Eunbi is innocent about the Earth. The food arrived and Hyewon pushed the bowl in front of Eunbi. She handed a pair of chopsticks to Eunbi. Eunbi took it and paused. Then, she held each stick-on different hand. She scooped the noodles and failed miserably.

 

“Aigoo,” Hyewon took the chopstick and helped show Eunbi how to use it properly. Eunbi nodded, understood how to do it. Her first try failed and Hyewon showed her again, but this time, Hyewon fed her the food. Eunbi mumbled as she munched the food. She gave Hyewon a thumb up, telling her the food was good.

 

“Can you do it yourself?” Hyewon asked.

 

Eunbi tried again and failed. Hyewon knew it would not work so she ended up feeding Eunbi. Eunbi sometimes got scolded by Hyewon for spilling her food. Hyewon even helped to clean her lips. Eunbi felt so happy that she did not realize she was glowing again.

 

“Eunbi, stop glowing,” Hyewon noticed Eunbi was too bright and she was afraid the others would see.

“Owh sorry,” Eunbi calmed down and the light disappeared. However, it was too late. The group of guys saw her, and they were walking towards them. Hyewon sensed the human coming. She stood and turned to face the guy. She told Eunbi to stay behind her.

“Girl, why don’t you give her to us, so we don’t have to fight?” The big guy in front set his eyes on Eunbi. There were three guys in total. Eunbi was getting scared. She was holding tight on Hyewon’s shirt.

“Sorry, can’t do that,” Hyewon refused.

“You know what she is, and you are planning to have her by yourself right?” The bald guy behind the big guy asked.

“It’s none of your business,” Hyewon noticed the bald guy had a knife on his hand.

“If you want to live, then give her to us,” The big guy threatened.

“Kill me first,” Hyewon provoked, getting ready to fight. The big guy instructed his friend to attack but Hyewon is faster. She punched the big guy, blinked behind both his friends and knocked them out with a strong kick. In an instant, all three guys were knocked out on the floor. The owner's jaw dropped. He could not believe what he just witnessed. Hyewon ran to Eunbi and grabbed her wrist. She pulled Eunbi’s hand.

 

“Don’t tell anyone about this,” Hyewon warned the owner and he nodded, scared of Hyewon. Hyewon and Eunbi escaped from the restaurant. They headed straight to Hyewon’s house.

 

*   *      *    *     *

 

After shower, Hyewon joined Eunbi who was resting on the balcony. Eunbi was stargazing. She did not even realize that Hyewon sat next to her. Hyewon looked at the direction Eunbi was looking at. There was only a star in the sky. Just one star.

 

“Only one star,” Eunbi broke the silence.

“I can see that, but why only one star?” Hyewon was curious. Eunbi switched her attention to Hyewon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter