The Star Is You

Fairy Tale : A KkuChaen Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DECEMBER 2010

 

Two 14 years old girls were sitting under the tree, gazing at the stars on the sky. There were many stars shining bright on the sky.

 

“Saku chan, what is your dream?” The black long-haired girl asked.

“I want to be a singer, a star, superstar,” The short haired girl told her friend excitedly.

“When you become one, don’t forget about me,”

“Chaeyeon, you are my best friend, you will be by my side when I become a superstar!”

“Promise?”

“I promise,”

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon made a pinky swear. They giggled at each other.

 

“Saku chan, when I’m old enough, I will marry you,” Chaeyeon promised.

“But we are both girls and girls-,”

“We will, it’s my promise,”

 

Chaeyeon stared into Sakura’s eyes and from that stare…..

 

= = = = =

 

JANUARY 2020

 

That 24 years old girl was sitting in front of a middle age man who was glaring at her. That young girl, with short purple hair looked unbothered by that man. She crossed her arm, with her bored face and even yawned. That man placed a newspaper on the coffee table.

 

“What is this Sakura? You are dating actor Kim Soo Hyun? How many guy you want to date? You keep making all this mess when you know our company rule is no dating allowed!” Mr Kim, the CEO of TK Entertainment nagged.

“Mr Kim,” Sakura lowered her hand and looked at her boss.

“What?”

“How much album did I sell from my last comeback?” Sakura asked.

“1 million?”

“Did I date anyone that time?”

 

Mr Kim thought for a while, trying to remember what exactly happened.

 

“Owh, you dated actor Lee Minho,”

“Did the news of me dating affect my album sales?” Sakura questioned again.

“No?”

“So, there should be no problem if I’m dating this guy too,”

 

Sakura took her phone out and saw the new text message.

 

“I need to go now, see you Mr Kim,”

 

Sakura bowed to Mr Kim and walked out of the CEO office. Mr Kim was speechless.

 

“That rude kid!”

 

= = = = =

 

Sakura was on a date with Soohyun at a restaurant. It was a Korean restaurant owned by Soohyun. Soohyun closed his restaurant so that he could have a peaceful date with Sakura. Soohyun was cutting the meat for Sakura but Sakura was too busy with her phone.

 

“Sakura, this is for you,”

 

Soohyun exchanged Sakura’s plate with his.

 

“No, I don’t want my beef to be cut,” Sakura refused Soohyun’s plate.

“But-,”

“Keep quite, I need to check on something,”

 

Soohyun put the plate down, disappointed.

 

“Sakura,” Soohyun called.

“What?”

“Are you even serious about our relationship?”

 

Sakura switched her gaze to Soohyun.

 

“I’m not,” Sakura simply said.

“Then why did you agree when I ask you out?”

“Just because,”

“Sakura, I like you, so I want to be in a serious relationship with you,” Soohyun’s voice turned soft.

“Sorry, but I don’t like you that way,” Sakura kept her phone in her bag and stood.

“Where are you going?”

 

Soohyun ran after Sakura who was at the door. Sakura stopped at the door when she saw a familiar figure at the door.

 

“Chaeyeon?” Sakura gulped.

“I found you Saku chan! What are you doing her? Are you dating him now?” Chaeyeon pointed at Soohyun.

 

Sakura returned to Soohyun and linked her arm with him. Soohyun was confused for a while.

 

“Yes, we are dating, right oppa?” Sakura smiled at Soohyun.

“But-,”

“He is my boyfriend Chaeyeon, don’t disturb our date,”

“Mr Kim, please move away from her before I do something to you,” Chaeyeon threatened.

“Why would I? We are-,”

“Mr Kim, I know you are dating Lee Jieun, so I don’t think you want me to leak this to the press,” Chaeyeon added.

 

Sakura looked at Chaeyeon in disbelief. She pulled away from Soohyun and stomped her feet out of the restaurant to the parking.

 

“She’s my girl Mr Kim,”

 

Chaeyeon bowed to Soohyun and ran after Sakura. Soohyun was blank.

 

“How did she know?”

 

= = = = =

 

“SAKU CHAN!”

 

Chaeyeon finally grabbed Sakura’s wrist to stop her from running away.

 

“Chaeyeon! Can’t you just leave me alone?” Sakura lets out her frustration.

“No! I can’t! I don’t want to see you with a man or any stranger!” Chaeyeon was holding tight on Sakura’s wrist.

“Chaeyeon, I told you I don’t love you! I won’t be in that kind of relationship with you!” Sakura stated.

 

Chaeyeon slowly released Sakura’s wrist. Chaeyeon sighed.

 

“I just want to protect you. That’s all I want, I don’t want the men to hurt your feelings, I’m not asking you to love me or what, I just want to make sure you are safe,” Chaeyeon said, soft.

“But this is too much, all the guy I date left because of you,”

“Are you sure they left because of me?” Chaeyeon asked.

“Yes, you were after them, chasing them away from me,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter