CHAPTER 5

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

***

Ryujin had just gone back to her bed after shower. She's very, very, very exhausted. Her parents had gotten a divorce and Somi had just left a month ago. Everything has been really stressful for her. But there goes her girlfriend, texting her nonstop. They have been dating for three months now and it's not really going well. Coming out to their parents was like dropping a huge bomb and their transition from best friends to girlfriends was very hard for the both of them as well. Heejin changed as time passed by. She had a lot of insecurities and they would often fight over the smallest things. Ryujin, being the understanding person she is, would just be patient with her. She dozed off for a bit and woke up to her phone ringing. 

Ryujin: "Hello?

Heejin: "Hey, why aren't you texting me back? Are you cheating on me?"

Ryujin: "What the hell, Heejin?"

Heejin: "Right, oh my god, I am so so sorry about that."

Ryujin: "I am so done with you telling me that. We have known each other since we were kids and you actually believe that I am capable of doing that?"

Heejin: "Ryujin, I'm really sorry. You weren't responding to my texts so I thought that--"

Ryujin: "Thought what? Thought what, Heejin?! Look, all I have been doing is understanding you and listening, and being patient with you. I'm tired, Heejin."

Heejin: "Are you breaking up with me?"

Ryujin: "If that's what you want, I am. Maybe we should have never dated in the first place and that we're just meant to be friends. I think we were just...confused."

Heejin: "You're right, this is over then. We are done."

Ryujin: "Bye."

Ryujin sighs as she drops the call. She didn't really want to cry, but she couldn't stop the tears from flowing down her face. A few moments later, she hears a soft knock from the door. She immediately went under her covers, trying to hide her messy self and muffle her cries. 

"Ryujin? It's Nayeon unnie." The girl said as she entered the room and closed the door behind her. "Are you crying? I heard you shouting earlier."

The latter took the covers away and went for a hug. Nayeon gladly welcomed her in her arms, as always. "Un- unnie, we broke up."

"You did?" She received a small nod as a response. A couple minutes later, Ryujin had stopped sobbing. "Well good riddance, she was nicer when you guys were kids."

"Unnie," Ryujin firmly replied.

She giggled, "I'm kidding. I have something to tell you though."

"Okay, but can I wash my face first?" The older nods and the latter went to her bathroom right away. She rushed back to her room right away where her cousin was waiting. "What is it?"

Nayeon takes a deep breath before speaking. It was quite shocking information after all. "Well, you and your dad are moving to Seoul. Your mom agreed to it since you have to move schools anyway."

"Wait what? Why am I moving to another school?" The younger asked, confused and shocked since her parents never told her anything about that. 

"That, I don't know. But you can visit me anytime now, isn't that great?"

The younger sighs. "I guess so, it's better that way. I'm gonna sleep unnie."

"Want me to sleep with you?" Nayeon offers, she was still worried for the girl.

Ryujin smiles softly, "No thanks, I'm good unnie."

 

A few days later, she left with her dad. Her parents had a deal where Ryujin can go to her mom whenever she wants and that she can stay there for as long as she wants. The first month was incredibly hard for her, adjusting to new environments is just never easy. She was warmly welcomed to her new school, and she met Yeji and Lia who was extremely friendly to her. Lia was new to the school as well and Yeji has been assigned as her seat mate. They have been inseparable ever since.

 

***


 

It was a beautiful day indeed. After a tiring day at her school, Somi went right away to the mall. Buying another batch of socks she can add to her collection, searching for good restaurants to have dinner at and enjoying her alone time. It was really good, but not until when her friend Ryujin suddenly showed up in front of her. "Holy , are you stalking me now?"

Ryujin was panting, it was as if she was running away from a bunch of mad dogs chasing her. "I–I'll do it... the thing." She said in between her breaths.

"Do what, dummy? Who chased you huh? I swear I'll hit them all with a roundhouse kick and break at least three of their bones and then I'm gonna whoop their–"

"Chill, I was chasing you." She cuts her off, "I said I'll do it! I'll meet Heejin."

Somi's face lit up, maybe it was more fun than shopping. "Oh my god, okay let's go." 

The next thing Ryujin knew, they were at the town where they both used to live. She called her dad telling him that she's gonna skip school tomorrow cause she suddenly missed her mom. He was surprisingly convinced, and even told her to be careful. She wasn't completely lying though, she did miss her mom. And yes, it was all Somi's idea which means they're both skipping school together. She has this saying, 'If you're going down, we're both going down.' What a great friend. She didn't forget to text her friends too.

Ryujin made sure to buy something for her mom aside from giving her a very long hug. She missed her cooking too, she's the best if you ask her. After a bit of catching up with Somi and her mom, they went to her room upstairs. The school they both used to go to had a festival on the next day, and it was definitely planned by Somi too. 

"How did you know this?" Ryujin asked with her furrowed eyebrows. Somi never fails to surprise her. She may not look like it, but she's really sharp that she could be a detective—she takes back on calling her clueless.

"I have my ways. Now go to sleep, I'm tired."

She lied down on her bed, quite nervous of what might happen tomorrow. It was her first time skipping school and it was somehow refreshing. A random question came into her mind and she had the urge t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter