CHAPTER 4

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's finally Monday. Everyone hates Mondays, but not Chaeryeong. She missed school, her friends, the library and...Ryujin of course. They don't talk over the phone so the only way she gets to interact with her is at school. Yes, and she's lucky enough to sit beside her. Even the slightest bump of their arms–which rarely happens because she's left handed–an exchange of smiles and their small talks would make her stomach flip and heart flutter. And Hell yes, they held hands the last time they were together. 

She found her seatmate sleeping on Yeji's seat, while her Lia Ryujin's hair as she talked to her girlfriend. Ryujin was looking soft as ever and she smiled at the sight. 

"Hi bottom!" Yuna greeted her in a cheerful tone. She never fails to ruin the mood, it's something she's really good at. "Guess who's back today?"

She tilts her head with confusion, "Um, you?"

"Wrong!" A guy's voice interrupts. "What's up everyone? Felix is back." He said in perfect English with a strong Australian accent. He then envelops Chaeryeong and Yuna in a bone-crushing hug. He's very close with the two girls and nobody really knows why. He hangs out with them sometimes but he's always with his best friend Jeongin and his fellow swim team members. 

"Let me go, Yongbok. I need air." Chaeryeong mumbles as she pushes the guy away. Felix has always been affectionate that they are often mistaken as a couple. They just brush it off, saying that they're just friends. 

Just then, their homeroom teacher arrives. "Felix, I thought you'd go in tomorrow." She puts down her stuff, quite confused of why he was there in the first place.

He shrugs, "I was bored at home, ma'am. So I insisted my mom I'd go."

"Good, now go back to your seats, everyone." 

Ryujin rubs off the sleep from her eyes. She saw Ms. Wendy, Chaeryeong, Yuna, and an unfamiliar guy at the front. She immediately moves back to her seat and takes the materials needed for the subject.

"Good morning, Ryujin." The girl greeted as she took a seat beside her.

Ryujin yawns, and points at the stranger in their room. "Is that the new guy?"

"Not exactly," she chuckles, "He's Felix, a friend of mine. You never met him right?" Ryujin nods, "That's because they moved to Australia back then. He used to go to this school and now he's back."

"Ah, I see. Cool." She shifts back her attention to their teacher. "Totally not cool."

 

That's right, Ryujin has no idea if Chaeryeong is even gay. There is a high chance that the one she likes is not even a girl to begin with. She suddenly lost the glimmer of hope she once had with Chaeryeong hence, she might stay low for now. She didn't want to humiliate herself by confessing to a straight girl. She admits that she hates Felix's interactions with Chaeryeong, but she hates it more when the girl initiates it.

But right now is not the time to think of it. She has a dance class today and she's really excited to meet the instructor. She heard good things from Mina about her last time and she can't wait to meet her. She brought some essentials she usually brings to dance class and strides her way to the studio. Upon opening the door, she saw Chaeryeong smiling right at her. She was talking to what seems to be a close friend of hers. She didn't want to be rude and greeted her back with a small wave and walked towards her. "Hey, Chae–"

The next thing she knew, she was already wrapped in another girl's arms. "I can't breathe, save me!" She dramatically exclaimed, resulting in the other girls to burst into laughter. She suddenly remembered that it was an all girls' class—more reason for her to like it. A few seconds later, the girl finally lets go. "Somi? Somi!" She engulfs the girl in a hug once again. 

"You never told me you go to a dance class!" She exclaimed once again, but in an excited way this time.

Somi giggled as they pulled away from the hug, "You never did either. I guess we'd see each other more now. Wanna have dinner together after this?"

Ryujin nods excitedly, "Sure!" It's been a while since they had a meal together. Seeing Somi made her completely forget about her rising jealousy whenever she sees Chaeryeong and Felix together.  

The other girls went back to their own conversations after being distracted by the new girl's interaction with Vitamin Somi. Yes, Somi was just being the vitamin she is, being cheerful and giving hugs.

"You guys know each other?" Chaeryeong finally asked, it was quite shocking for her to see Ryujin all clingy with Somi. She doesn't even hug Lia or Yeji that much.

Somi smiles as she puts her arm around Ryujin's waist. "Yeah, we're like the bestest friends, Chaeryeong-ah. She was so small back in the first grade."

"And so were you! So what about you guys, are you close too?" Ryujin asked, cause she saw them talking and giggling earlier.

"Yeah, a bit. Somi is new here too. She joined us around two weeks ago."

Ryujin suddenly remembered that they bumped onto each other a few days ago. Her bruises are healing and she wanted to check Somi's wound. "Somi, is your knee okay now?"

"I still put the embarrassing yet fancy bandage you gave me. It's okay now, what about your bruises?"

"They're healing, I kind of got scolded by Nayeon unnie about it." She replied and they both giggle. Just then, their dance instructor walks in. She had a cute and clumsy, yet y vibe going around her. 

Chaeryeong was pretty much used to her by now, adding up to the fact that she's actually her neighbor—well, she just moved in with their actual neighbour Yoo Jeongyeon so they're officially neighbors now. 

Right after their warm up and some stretching, the new girl was called out to the front. Ryujin was told to prepare a solo performance as a part of her introduction. She has been practicing and has even performed it to her friends Yeji and Lia. They were really surprised to see her dance in the first place cause she simply never did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter