Soju Sparks

I Just Want To Be Someone To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun engulfed Byul through the curtains as she sat upright, thinking about her encounter last night with Yongsun. As she reached over to turn on the lights, she saw 3 messages from Hwasa, all within the last hour, it was current 11:23AM 

Hwasa: Byul! 10:34

Hwasa: It's everywhere!!! Pictures of Yongsun touching your arm and you guys talking!!

Hwasa: I've arranged for a driver to come pick you up for work, you're practically famous, everyone wants to know your name, calling you lucky to get to talk to Yongsun and all that. 
 

Byul day there puzzled at the overnight fame, people saying that she is lucky, but not knowing her real name, just a famous face...

The day went by rather fast, filled with Byul just cleaning up her house, and making it look more lively, ever since Krystal left, her house was covered in dust and seemed lifeless. Before she knew it, it was time to get ready for work, Byul looked in her closet, reaching for her usual outfit, except this time, she wore a red tie, glasses, and a flashier belt, with her usual white button up. She waited outside for her driver, still shocked that Hwasa insisted she have one, because of how "famous" paparazzi had made her since the previous night. 
 

She arrived to the hotel, cleaning glasses like normal and preparing garnishes. Like usual, customers flowed in, except tonight she was more talkative, or more approachable. Byul walked around with a visible smile, something she hadn't done in a while, and it didn't feel forced. As she worked throughout the night, she couldn't get Yongsun's image out of her head. She found it fascination how someone she barely knew could make her want to fall in love all over again. Which made her think, "What am I falling in love with? Her beauty? Her fame? Or for her?". Byul wasn't sur what the answer was but all she knew was that she was falling for her, and fast. She hadn't even known her for very long, or even talked to her for a long time, but something about her, how anonymous yet famous she was entranced Byul into wanting to know more.

It was 10PM and it had been so busy and chaotic that Byul forgot that Yongsun hadn't even showed up in person, only in her mind...

A feeling of visible regret washed over Byul, how could she let someone like Yongsun invade her mind so much when she barely knew her? How could she let her walls down so easily? Who was she kidding, she was a bartender, and Yongsun was, well, she was Yongsun. 

About the time most customers had left, a figure appeared in the doorway, with a hoodie, sweat pants, and a face mask came and sat at the counter. Byul thought nothing of it, although it was late, the hotel bar was open to the public, as well as guests, they were not the first person to show up in non flashy clothes. In all honestly, this was more Byul's style of clothes, however her job required her to dress a particular way to convey a feeling of prestige. Byul thought it was a guy by the way that the clothes fit the figure, calmly approaching them to ask what she can fix up for them. "I'll have a Soju with a lemon wedge", immediately Byul thought of Yongsun, but she denied her thoughts.
 

How could Yongsun be dressed like this after last night, there's no security guards with them. How could she do a full 180 in one day? They had no makeup on, how could it be her? Get over yourself Byul Yi, Soju with lemon is a common drink order, stop feeding yourself false hope.

Snapping back to reality, Byul calmly said "Of course, give me a minute". As she poured the Soju, she glanced over and asked how their night was, a part of her still hoped it would be Yongsun even thought it was not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter