Just Another Customer

I Just Want To Be Someone To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning she woke up at 10AM, as flashbacks of last night came to her head she put the razor back into the bowl, running warm water to sooth her small but deep cuts, fighting back the tears that went along with it. She worked the night shift at the hotel which started at 6, so she figured she had plenty of time to clean up, get something to eat and relax, or as much as her mind would let her, before heading into work.

After wrapping bandages around her wrists, she moped into the kitchen to open her mostly empty fridge, and after some while she just decided to order takeout. As she sat on the couch with an awful headache that had developed, a text popped up on her phone from Hwasa, which read "Hey unnie, I hope you're alright, but unfortunately, Minhyuk called in sick so I'm going to need you to come in an hour early alright?". Moonbyul simply responded with "Got it boss", as she wasn't suprised, she had only seen Minhyuk a couple of times when she came in for work but this was his 7th time calling in sick within the 5 months he worked there and it was starting to annoy Byul. A loud knock on the door dragged Byul out of her blank thoughts, as she swiftly opened the door to retrieve her food, she shut the door and placed it on the counter.

Opening her mostly empty cabinets, she grabbed a bowl and utensils, emptying a portion of the tteokbokki into the bowl and placing the rest in the fridge for later. As she sat and ate mindlessly, she found her thoughts haunting her with Krystal again.

The abrupt break up caught Byul off guard to this day, making her constantly think about what was wrong with herself, Byul's selflessness was on of her greatest attributes but also her biggest downfall especially when it came to relationships. She found herself sitting at the counter for quite some time before realizing it was already 4:30 and she needed to get ready for work.

She washed her dishes quickly, and then headed to her room to put on a white button up shirt, with a navy blue tie, grey pants, a belt and shoes. She went into the bathroom to fix her rumbled silver hair, brushing, and putting a slight spritz of hairspray in it. She dabbed makeup on to cover up her swollen, sleepless eyes as well as a faint layer of eye shadow. Sighing as she rolled her sleeves a couple of times, and took one last glance in the mirror with a determined look, as she remembered 5PM-6PM was happy hour at the bar, something she was now used to, after Minhyuk kept calling in sick. "At least I'll make more in tips" she mumbled to herself fixing her tie once more before grabbing her keys and jacket, locking up her house as she left for the White Wind Hotel

She walked in to a mostly quiet bar, a few minutes early, preparing herself for the rush of people that were likely to rush into the bar any minute. She adjusted her wrist watch, as she started cleaning and preparing glasses, making small talk with a couple of different people sitting at the counter, talking about this and that. One of the customers was a regular, Ken, he had only stayed in the hotel a few times, but liked to come to the bar after work. Byul considered them close friends, as she had known him for about 3 years, they talked about various topics, and he was one of the few people who listened to Byul's feelings after her breakup. She was forever grateful for him, and was always delighted to talk to him whenever he came in. 

They talked less and less as the bar filled up more with people, causing Byul to have to put out drinks faster, but she didn't mind, it was good tips for her. She had just finished making a a Strawyberry Margarita but when she went to place it in front of the customer, she had noticed he was facing towards the entrance of the bar, thinking nothing of it she left it and went back to preparing more orders, until she realized everyone in the bar, including Ken was staring at the entrance of the bar...

She paused pouring the bottle of Vodka to look for herself, expecting to see a male actor of some sort which is mostly what the White Wind attracted when it came to celebrities. However she was suprised to look up and see a beautiful brown haired woman, she had perfect pale skin that looked softer than clouds, her hair flowing over her shoulders like a waterfall, and just enough makeup to enhance her prominent brown eyes, and red lips. She wore a black lace of the shoulder dress with black heels and a small wallet, accompanied by 3 security guards. 

Byul hadn't realized how long she had been staring at the woman but it was long enough for the ice in the drink she was making to have melt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter