Overcoming

Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Until...

 

"WAIT!!" 

 

The monitor gave a 'tink' sounds, meaning there is still pulse in her body. She's still alive! Both of them stared at each other and convinced the driver to go faster. They clapped their hands and celebrate.

 

"ROSC!!" 

 

Return of Spontaneous Condition. The heartbeat came back.

 

"That's it. You didn't give up! I know you have someone in your mind, that's why you can't give up your life."

 

He's talking to heemi when other rescuer stopped him. 

 

"Yah, stop talking to her!" 
"Remember the guy who mourns for this woman earlier?" 

 

The other rescuer nodded as he listens to him. This one who keep telling a story pointed at Heemi's ring finger. 

 

"They are engaged." 
"Woah, you still noticed it even we are on emergency situation."
"I'm just being observant.."

 

They brought her to the hospital. The doctors there thought that she was dead but the rescuers explained everything. CT scan was finished. The immediate detection has seen. She has a severe trauma in the abdomen.

 

"Oh no...." 
"We should operate her immediately. This is dangerous!" 

 

They talked about her condition and brought her to the operating room. They put an anesthesia on her. 

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

"Hyung!!" 

 

He first heard Hyukjae's voice as he answers his call. He can't stop himself from crying. 

 

"What happened to Heemi noona?"

 

Hyukjae is one of their most close friends. Heemi and Jungsoo met him when they're in high school. He was more on being childish but when he becomes serious, everyone just shut down their mouths. Hyukjae is also the one who convinced the two to confess already to each other. That's why he's really worried when one of them is harmed. 

 

"Heemi..." 

 

Jungsoo can't say that Heemi is dead. He couldn't said it because he couldn't accept to say it really. He poured out first his emotions before he say;

 

"Heemi...is in the hospital." 
"Hyung, wait for me." 

 

He still don't know if he will go to hospital because if he don't want to see Heemi lied down on the hospital bed, closed her eyes permanently. He hang up the phone and keep bursting out his emotions. He can't believe that all of this happened, just today. He was happy to fix the problems on his work and happy to see his future wife again but the life seems really cruel to him and to both of them. 

He decided to go home. He called Hyukjae to notify him but Hyukjae gave him a blunt explanation. 

 

"Hyung, what do you mean? You gave up! I know you love her but believing that she's dead, it's impossible!!!" 
"What if she's really dead?" 
Hyukjae sighs, "You know what your problem is? Your brain is full of what ifs. You making your life miserable! You're the person who can't add positivity and hope in the negative situations. That's why you easily gave up! You just literally gave up also on your relationship. You really love her but you can't do this to her!"

 

At this point, Jungsoo was sat down and crying while listening to Hyukjae. He opened the box and stared at the star necklace, thinking it was Heemi, the most precious person in his life. He come up to think of it. Hyukjae is right. He can't have hope in his heart because he was scared to assume that something didn't happen. Tears are never-ending and the sadness are overflowing.

 

"Hyung, you should have hope in your heart. I know you can't live without her. I know she will fight for her life and she can't give up on just accident. You two are getting married. Fight for what you promised!! We can't even sure that Heemi noona is really dead." 

 

Few minutes of weeping, Jungsoo stood up and have a deep breaths. He found courage in his heart, wiped his tears and went to hospital. He can't just give up in an accident. 

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Entering the hospital, he suddenly went to nurse station to find his fiancé but suddenly nurse told him something that made him a mini heart attack. 

 

"Sir, your girlfriend is in the operating room. They trying to save her.
"WHAT?????" 
"Rescuers felt her pulse. Please wait here. So you could see her." 

 

He felt relief when he heard and sat down on the bench. His tears are falling again not because of sadness but with a joy. Heemi didn't give up. Suddenly, the running tears stopped as Hyukjae called his attention. 

 

"Hyung!!" 

 

Hyukjae suddenly rush into his hyung and sat down with him.

 

"Hyukjae..." 
"Where is she?" 

 

His eyes being attentive for searching her. Jungsoo only stared at him and those eyes are teary and full of mixed emotions. 

 

"Heemi is in the operating room and the doctors are saving her."
Hyukjae focus his eyes on him and smiled, "I'm glad, you listened to my words." 
Jungsoo nodded, "You're right! I should have hope in my heart because I love her and we should fight for what we promised."

 

Hyukjae felt relieved as he heard on what Jungsoo said. They fill their hearts with positivity and hope for her. They both waited to finish the operation. Wanting it to be successful. 

 

"Hyung, don't worry! She will fight for it." 
Jungsoo hummed, "Yeah, I know."

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

While operating, assistant doctor accidentally hit the abdomen while finding the damage part. 

 

"Oh !!" 
The lead surgeon act fast, "YAH! FOCUS!!" 

 

They quickly gave the tools as they stopped the mistake bleeding but the bleeding can't stop. It was also dropping. The anesthesiologist was alarmed. 

 

"ACT FASTER! HER BLOOD WAS DROPPING DOWN!! DON'T DO THE CPR UNTIL YOU TWO CAN FIX THAT!!!" 

 

Everyone began to panic. Few minutes of stitching the artery but the blood rate can't back to normal. The machine signals to flatline, means she's already dead but the doctors can't accept it. 

 

"THIS CAN'T HELP BUT ONLY CPR!! GET THE DEFIBRILLATOR!!"  

 

The assistant surgeon is doing CPR, after ten minutes, he will exchange to the nurse to do the CPR. The another nurse brought the defibrillator and the doctor put jelly liquids on it. 

 

"200 JOULES!! Then, CLEAR!!!"

 

The flatline didn't changed by its own. She's not even breathing. 

 

"She's not responding!!" 
"AGAIN, 200 JOULES!!! Then, CLEAR!!"
"Don't give up, guys!"

 

She's still not responding. They continue to CPR the patient. 

 

"200 JOULES!! Then, CLEAR!!!" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter