E I G H T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

"But," Donghyuck his fingers that were covered with icing, "why is he mad at you?"

Β 

Sehyun shrugged. The two were currently walking down the hallway. It was lunch period and Donghyuck wasn't with his group of friends for they all had their own club activities.Β 

Β 

"I don't know..."

Β 

Sehyun said and Donghyuck sighed. During their recess time, the boys were all together, laughing, making jokes, talking about the school's upcoming play set by the Drama Club, the one Jaemin was in. Renjun killed the laughter by suddenly announcing that Donghyuck was going out with the girl he hated the most, Kim Sehyun.

Β 

"And we aren't even going out."Β 

Β 

He said in a certain tone as if he was trying to make her feel sorry. He was only trying to make a joke though she couldn't feel the point. The two stopped in front of a door. Beyond that door was a bunch of technology used for broadcasting. It was the broadcasting club.

Β 

"Why are we here again?"

Β 

Sehyun asked, completely clueless as to why Donghyuck would do something so wreckless like this. Then again, he really was like this but it still didn't stop her from questioning his actions.

Β 

"To see how much Renjun hates you," he said, a little nervous with what's about to happen, "and why."

Β 

The door opened revealing a smiling boy who waved to his fellow club members. He bid farewell to them, told them they worked hard and that it would soon pay off in a few days.

Β 

"Oh!"

Β 

He waved happily to Donghyuck but his smiled was suddenly washed away when he saw a petite girl beside him, looking at the ground with her expressionless face.

Β 

"H-hi."

Β 

It's been a while since they've last talked. They were classmates during their third year in middle school, never before, never again. He hasn't really talked to her in a personal approach since that time.

Β 

"What's this woman doing here?"

Β 

He said coldly. Donghyuck heavily sighed.

Β 

"My woman, for your info."

Β 

It was already cringy for Renjun to see Donghyuck's sudden actions towards a girl, everything was worse when it was Sehyun. Sehyun, oh, sehyun. What her crime was to this man, she didn't have a clue.

Β 

"You're supposed to have class now," Renjun said, his voice raising a bit, "why are you still here?"

Β 

"We're cutting."

Β 

Donghyuck said and Sehyun whipped her head to the boy. He wanted to chuckle at her reaction but he decided not to make Renjun's burning irritation any bigger. It was a joke but Renjun nodded at it, actually believing that Class A students had the courage to do such things. Renjun smiled and bowed to them, leaving for he wasn't interested in what was about to happen.

Β 

"Renjun!"

Β 

Sehyun called out but neither she nor Donghyuck knew why. Maybe she wanted to see if they were still friends somehow.Β 

Β 

Maybe they were still the same way before.

Β 

Renjun stopped and exhaled. He turned around and bowed to them again, not wishing to go back to that spot. He didn't like her presence, not one bit. Sehyun looked at Donghyuck and pouted. It wasn't exactly obvious but she looked quite disappointed.

Β 

"That's the first I've seen Renjun like that," Donghyuck caressed her head, "you'll be fine."

Β 

They both smiled at each other.

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

"I don't know everything, okay? Jisung?"

Β 

Jisung bumped his head on a locker that suddenly opened. The guy who accidentally opened it said sorry to him and to Anna who was very surprised as if she had a heart attack.Β 

Β 

"That hurt."

Β 

He groggily walked his way outside the building with Anna who was worried but chuckling beside him.

Β 

"Why are you so tall?"

Β 

She complained. His height had nothing to do with him hitting a locker door. He was tired from the harsh, long training he had today. He was exhausted. Jisung glared at her and she tried to hold in her laughter.

Β 

"Jisung!"

Β 

Chenle called out as he rushed out the building with a huge amount of people following him. Jisung squinted, his eyes barely appearing. He waved back at Chenle and so did Anna.

Β 

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something."

Β 

Chenle looked at Anna. The crowd following him froze. He kindly asked all of them to leave, to wait for tomorrow and for all of them to have time for themselves. And with that, the crowd dispersed.

Β 

"Me?"

Β 

Anna pointed to herself and Jisung smacked the girl. Chenle laughed and nodded. He invited them for dinner, asking if they were allowed and she gladly said yes.

Β 

"I'm going home," Jisung said as he yawned, "kinda tired from practice. Treat me some other time, Chenle."

Β 

Jisung waved goodbye to the two and Anna nodded. Chenle wanted to hold Jisung back, threaten him that this would be the last time he'll be treating him but couldn't do so because the dancer looked extremely exhausted. Chenle wasn't quite good with girls.

Β 

"Let's go?"

Β 

Anna nodded. There was an awkward tension between them that Chenle wanted to cancel the dinner right then and there but didn't do so because he was courteous man. The tension was so strong that it attracted the attention of the boys from far away.

Β 

"Oh my," Donghyuck rubbed his eyes in disbelief, "do you see what I see?"

Β 

Jaemin shook his head, not because he didn't see them but because he refused to accept what he saw. After Donghyuck, now it's Chenle?

Β 

"Hey, Hyuck, we're meeting Mark-hyung tomorrow, don't forget. Gotta fly, I can't handle this stupid romance crap."

Β 

"By the way," Anna said as she faced Chenle, "what were you gonna ask us?"

Β 

He wished to talk about it during the dinner but maybe allowing the young girl to have a gist of their small talk was beneficial. He coughed.

Β 

"I don't know. I guess..."

Β 

"Hm?"

Β 

"I was just curious about why Renjun-hyung is mad at Sehyun. Everytime I hear that senior's name, I just think of you."

Β 

Anna awkwardly glanced at her surroundings, afraid that Chenle might notice herself getting redder. She wasn't feeling butterflies in her stomach, no. It was just the way Chenle said about him thinking about her.

Β 

"I mean," he suddenly said, "maybe you'd know why since you're that senior's cousin and I didn't actually mean tha–"

Β 

"I know," she chuckled, "I know Chenle. I understand. Geez, chill."Β 

Β 

They both laughed. After they had cooled down, she flipped her hair and crossed her arms.

Β 

"You came to the right person, you know?"