S E V E N T E E N T H

๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐šโ€™๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š›๐š˜๐š–๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š›๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š™?

Sehyun splashed water on her face and rubbed her eyes. If only she could wash away her past just like that, she would've done so. She shook her hands to remove the droplets of water on it and took her leave.

ย 

As she opened the door, she was surprised to see a maiden around her age. Her braids displayed in front, her eyes glimmering with excitement.

ย 

"Is something wrong?"

ย 

Sehyun said coldly. She wasn't in her best mood today and the girl missed it. The girl shook her head.

ย 

"I just wanted to ask a favor, that's all."

ย 

"Say it."

ย 

"Can you..." she gulped, "be paired with Jeno-sunbae? I heard from my club mates that you had a choice to be with him or stick with your role. I honestly think I deserve the role more than you do. Don't you think the same?"

ย 

Sehyun simply didn't give any kind of reaction. She walked passed the female as if not a single word was exchanged in between them. Along the way, she bumped into Donghyuck.

ย 

"Ouch."

ย 

"Sorry, Sehyun."

ย 

She walked passed him, too, and he followed after. Donghyuck, in contrast to Sehyun, was in his usual mood. Enthusiastic and quite cheeky.

ย 

"So, are you gonna...?"

ย 

"Am I what?"

ย 

"Stick to your role?"

ย 

Sehyun shrugged. He bit his lower lip and scratched his nape. He was quite glad that she answered this way. He expected her to brush him off and surely take the minor role.

ย 

"Ah, I knew you'd still want to be with me! Hehe, Am I really that irresistible?"

ย 

He walked beside Sehyun who was currently glaring at him. Donghyuck failed to feel it and continued to walk gleefully.

ย 

"Well, I hate to admit but I'm actually more admirable than Jeno. Like, psh, we're not on the same visual level you know? Andโ€“"

ย 

"Please don't talk to me, Donghyuck."

ย 

She interrupted his boasting and he was left standing there, speechless. She headed for their classroom while Donghyuck stared at her from afar. He hadn't said anything wrong but her tone made him feel a certain guilt. He furrowed his eyebrows.

ย 

"What was that?"

โ€” โ˜ผ โ€”

"Are you okay?"

ย 

Jaemin grabbed Sehyun's hand before she exited their classroom. She nodded, not botehring to face Jaemin, and pulled her hand away.

ย 

"Sehyun!"

ย 

Donghyuck called out her name yet received no response. She walked further out until Donghyuck no longer chose to chase after her.

ย 

"She's definitely not okay."

ย 

Jaemin whispered to himself. Donghyuck hummed beside him and he shook his head. The day had passed by with Sehyun either ignoring the two boys or replying only with a 'yes' or an 'I don't know'.

ย 

"What," Donghyuck faced Jaemin, "what happened with her?"

ย 

"I don't have a single clue either."

ย 

The two proceeded to heading out of their classroom, both thinking of chasing after the girl yet knew better that she would run away from them. They went out with heaviness wrapping their hearts.

ย 

"She hasn't noticed me today, Jaem. D-did I do something wrong?"

ย 

"Hyuck, you'reย Donghyuck.ย This is disgusting to say but you never do anything wrong."

ย 

He smugged and shrugged. Even unstated, it was true that Donghyuck has not done anything wrong.

ย 

"Thanks bro."

ย 

"Because your wholeย existanceย is wrong."

ย 

Donghyuck smacked Jaemin in the head and blocked himself with his arms. He thought Jaemin would attack him the same way but Jaemin only walked on towards the school gate.

ย 

"What was that..."

ย 

Jaemin didn't have time for such games. He was worried sick about the female who ran off and the only solution he had in mind was to go home and take a nice, long nap. With that, he knew he would be able to recognize the problem once he wakes up.

ย 

"Hey," Donghyuck snapped Jaemin out of his thinking state, "did you hear what I said?"

ย 

"I don't care."

ย 

"Oh so you don't care about what's with Jeno and Sehyun?"

ย 

In that moment, Jaemin stopped and widened his eyes. Donghyuck stared at him with blank eyes until Jaemin started to squeeze his cheeks like they were about to burst out.

ย 

"That's it!"

ย 

"Jaemin, Ouch?!?"

ย 

"Donghyuck, you're a genius!"

ย 

"When was I not?"

ย 

Jaemin slapped Donghyuck and started nodding as if something had popped up in his brain.

ย 

"So, mind telling me what's up with them?"

ย 

"B-but wait."

ย 

They both stopped. Jaemin was now closing his eyes, his full focus placed on the two people Donghyuck had mentioned. As Sehyun's bestfriend, heย didย know something about her past relationship with Jeno but it was something he didn't have full knowledge of. He snapped his fingers and pulled Donghyuck.

ย 

"Where are we going?"

ย 

"To Neverland."

ย 

Donghyuck hadn't had a single clue on what was on Jaemin's mind but he wasn't dumb not to realize that there was something going on between Jeno and Sehyun. After Renjun, now Jeno? Surely, there was a lot about Sehyun he didn't know and it bothered him.

ย 

Jaemin pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

ย 

"Hello?"

ย 

"O-oppa?"

ย 

"Are you home?"

ย 

The girl from the other side gulped. She didn't expect her cousin's close friend to call her during this hour.

ย 

"On the bus to home. What's wrong?"

ย 

"Donghyuck and I are coming over, wear something decent."

ย 

A chuckle was heard from the phone. Donghyuck just furrowed his eyebrows while he watched Jaemin talking on the phone. He didn't know whose place they were headed to.

ย 

"Oh don't worry, I'm decent. But please tell me why'd you suddenly have the idea of coming to my house."

ย 

"You'll know later. Just," Jaemin sighed, "just be ready to answer some questions."

ย 

"Whaโ€“"

ย 

Jaemin ended the call and placed his phone back in his pocket. As they walked, Donghyuck started pestering Jaemin with countless questions. Unfortunately, they were all brushed off.

ย 

"Can you just," Jaemin ruffled his hair in frustration, "shut that hyperactive mouth of yours and wait 'til we get there?!?"

ย 

"What if you were out to kill me?!? Should I just keep quiet?!?"

ย 

"Whaโ€“ Donghyuck? Or should I say Dumbhyuck?"

ย 

"Just tell me already!!"

ย 

Jaemin pushed Donghyuck to ride on the bus and so he did. Jaemin followed after.

ย