T H I R T E E N T H

๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐šโ€™๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š›๐š˜๐š–๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š›๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š™?

"Shoot."

ย 

All the high-school students were seated inside the gymnasium, watching the admirable Na Jaemin walk on stage, heading towards the mic stand. Jaemin coughed and Donghyuck gulped.

ย 

"What's wrong?"

ย 

Donghyuck shook his head at Jeno's question. For some odd reason, he was nervous. Dead nervous. He literally had no reason to be but Jaemin's walk, his presence and everything about him made Donghyuck anxious.

ย 

Jaemin tapped the mic to check if it was working fine. He inhaled and soon, his deep voice echoed throughout the place.

ย 

"As you all know, we will be commencing our school's annual activity lead by the one and only Drama Club," he paused to flip the paper he was reading from, "It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you this year's play producer, Mr. Lee Sooman."

ย 

Everyone gave a round of applause as they saw the man who was about to create another masterpiece. Children from the drama club shouted out his name when he waved his hand at the crowd. Jaemin stepped back.

ย 

"Thank you, Mr. Na Jaemin."

ย 

"Lol, what the heck isย Mister Na Jaemin."

ย 

Renjun commented resulting to the three boys trying their best to hold in their laughter for they could attract attention if they did not.

ย 

"Jaemin's part of the seniors club now."

ย 

"Shh."

ย 

Despite it being a joke that wasn't very amusing, Donghyuck still found it funny. He gestured Jeno to quiet down, afraid that he would release his booming laughter.

ย 

"Shut up, the old man's gonna announce important stuff."

ย 

They collected themselves and finally paid attention to the man standing on the stage. For all the years that they've been on this gathering for the announcement of the play, they've never listened. Not even once.

ย 

But this time felt a little different.

ย 

"As Mister Jaemin had said earlier, I will, once again, fill my role as this school year's play director. I look forward to this play for the Drama Club and I have decided to spice things up a little."

ย 

Jeno imitated the way Lee Sooman saidย spice things up. It was honestly very laugh-worthy for an old man to try his best to keep up with millenial trends. Donghyuck and Renjun stared at the ground, trying to hold in their laughter once more.

ย 

"What's this old man got up on his sleeve again?"

ย 

Donghyuck whispered to Renjun after they had calmed down. Renjun shrugged. The man always liked to surprise the students with something new and it did surprise them. It wasn't just taken very positively.

ย 

"Probably something weird again."

ย 

Jeno was no longer able to focus and the old man's words started going in from one ear and exiting the other. He could only see the teacher's mouth moving like a fish's.

ย 

"Jeno's brain is malfuctioning."

ย 

Donghyuck tapped and pointed to Jeno who was in a daze. Renjun chuckled.

ย 

"When did it ever work?"

ย 

Even though the boys didn't admit it, their brains were in the same state as Jeno's. They no longer understood anything and simply stared at the old man in front.

ย 

As time went on and he continued to chatter in front, they finally came back to their senses when cheers and claps were surrounding them. They went with the crowd despite knowing nothing at all. Renjun took his water bottle and drank from it.

ย 

"...this year's assistant director, Mister Na Jaemin."

ย 

Renjun spat out all the water contained in his mouth. Luckily, no one was beside him, no one was splashed with holy water and everyone's attention was completely focused on Jaemin.

ย 

"Jaemin's aย what?"

ย 

Jeno whispered in a surprised tone. They clapped slowly for Jaemin, still failing to digest the information that Jaemin wasn't the main character but anย assistant director.ย Sure, Jaemin wanted to be one but none of them thought that he would actually make it happen.

ย 

"Is this what he meant byย spice things up?"

ย 

"What," Renjun wiped his mouth, "what kind of prank is this?"

ย 

Donghyuck thought that it was impossible for a man to be able to predict what lies in the future but now he knew. He's a seer.

ย 

โ€” โ˜ผย โ€”

ย 

"Congrats."

ย 

Sehyun told Jaemin and he showed her a bright smile. The gathering was now over and students were asked to return to their classrooms. Donghyuck ran over to them and put his arm over Sehyun's shoulders.

ย 

"I still don't believe it but I hope you do a good job."

ย 

Sehyun slapped his arm away and he pouted. Jaemin smiled at the sight of his two friends yet he didn't know if it was what he really felt deep inside.

ย 

"You sound like you don't trust Jaemin."

ย 

"I don't, Sehyun. I don't."

ย 

Donghyuck squinted and faintly smiled at Jaemin and he did so as well. Jaemin deeply exhaled.

ย 

"Even if I were to make you the main character?"

ย 

He said making Donghyuck and Sehyun widen their eyes in surprise. Him being the assistant director was already a big surprise but having Donghyuck as theย main character? It was technically unbelievable.

ย 

Donghyuck was a confident man. He knew he could do things such as these but it didn't mean he was prepared for it if ever the time comes.ย Whenย the time comes and it did come.

ย 

"W-wait. Bro, wait. Bro, you're not drunk, are you?"

ย 

Sehyun nodded at Donghyuck's question, eyebrows still furrowed at what Jaemin had just said. She, too, had faith in Donghyuck's abilities but wasn't so sure if a big responsibility was something he could take.

ย 

"No, I am not drunk. And yes, I'm making you the main character, no ifs no buts. It's final."

ย 

"You can't decide that!"

ย 

Donghyuck exclaimed, earning glares from the people around them because of his loud voice. He covered his mouth.

ย 

"Can so. Mister Sooman gave me the privilege and the director also agreed with it. They said I knew our batch more than they did so..."

ย 

He shrugged his shoulders. Donghyuck massaged his temples. Sehyun knew well that he wasn't ready for this. Jaemin stopped in front of them, facing them.

ย 

"I hope you're fine with being the main character."

ย 

"Yeah, I am butโ€”" Donghyuck replied but was suddenly interrupted by Jaemin.

ย 

"I'm talking to you,ย Sehyun."

ย