Of Blurted Confessions

Dumb and Dumber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OF BLURTED CONFESSIONS

Hyewon is deep into her newly bought game when she heard a knock on the door, she just ignored it thinking that it is her roommate – Yena, who forgot her keys again. Hyewon is just too focused in the said game to bother pausing it and opening the door.

But when the knockings did not stop, rather it became louder and louder Hyewon groans out pausing the game. Turning to look and reads that it is already 11 in the evening, standing up from her really comfortable position – a shame really, she walks to the door not bothering to hide her displease for the interruption.

She was then face to face to a panting Minju, who looks like she ran all the way over to her dorm. Okay, Minju hates running – she couldn’t do any sport for , so this means that whatever reason the girl has it would be urgent. Hyewon being the greatest friend she is, changed her frown into a worried a look.

“Minjuri what are – “

“I love you!” Minju says out loud.

Hyewon blinks.

Okay, maybe the reason is stupid because –

“I love you Hyewon, and I want to stay by your side always.” Minju continues.

Because of course, Minju loves her. like who doesn’t love their friends right? Especially if you’ve been friends for almost 10 years. Hyewon would not get used to Minju’s weirdness – but it’s not like she hates it.

“Right, that’s great to hear,” Hyewon replies, “I mean, I love you too. And it’s great to know that you feel the same. I mean, we’ve been friends for years, it’s normal for us to love each other.”

Minju stares at the oblivious girl in front of her, the look of disbelief evident on her face – and it does not help that Hyewon is answering her with the most serious expression ever. Great, all that running for nothing.

“Minjuri, are you alright?”

Minju shakes her head dismissing the question, “Yeah yeah, I’ll go now.”

“What?” Hyewon asks, “You ran here just for that?”

Minju just wants to kiss the girl right then and there to convey the real message but she thinks that it’s too forward. Especially not when Hyewon thinks she’s saying it as a friend. Kang Hyewon you ing stupid little .

“Right, yeah.” Minju nods mindlessly, “I need to go now, sorry for disturbing you.” And she walks off.

Hyewon stares at the leaving figure of Minju, worried for the girl walking home – though it’s just a block away but still, anything could happen with that small distance especially since it’s already 11. When she couldn’t see Minju anymore, she closed the door and went to the couch.

She grabs her phone and sent a quick text to the girl, then grabbed the controller – continuing her game.

pls take care and text me when ur home ☹ - Hyewonnie

Minju went home with a dejected look, grumpily dragging herself to her bed, muttering words to herself – to the point that she woke up her roommate.

“Damn, Minju. Let me sleep!”

Minju ignores her and continues sulking, making Chaewon sit up.

“What happened?”

“I did what you and Yena told me to do!” Minju exclaims, “I told Hyewon that I love her.”

“And then, what made you like this?

“She said that she loves me too – “

“That gre – “

Minju raised her hand to stop her.

“She told me that she loves me too and it’s great to know that I love since we’ve been friends for so long.”

Then the other girl laughs, Minju thought she’d die from laughing.

She just groans seeing that Chaewon will not help her, so she just lays down not without throwing a pillow to the girl to stop her from laughing.

The second time that Hyewon is disturbed during one of her another favorite alone time is when she was eating in her usual spot, away from other students and her friends, just her the bench and a tree. There she is, enjoying her beloved cake that she waited for an hour because apparently the café has some promo that she is not aware of.

She’s just grateful that the other customers are much more focused on the promo rather than the very delicious looking cake on the display – which is why here she is now, savoring the sweetness of the said cake, the exploding flavors in .

Then she felt someone sitting beside her.

Hyewon looks to see the intruder, and saw Minju again looking at her and Hyewon could not help but to look away. There’s just something about the look that Minju’s giving her that makes her nervous – like her insides are knotting up, and her heart is abnormally fast she thinks she’s going to experience a heart attack.

“Can I have some?” Minju asks with a smile and pleading look on her face.

And Hyewon is not the type of person that shares her foods, especially her favorites to anyone, even to her friends. But somehow, she couldn’t really say no to Minju, and from what she can remember she has never said no to the girl. If Yena sees this, she’s going to whine about how unfair it is in no end.

But Yena is not there, and Minju is beside her with her pouting face – waiting to have a cake.

Without much hesitance, she gave Minju a bite from it. Hyewon then observes how Minju suddenly lights up from the sweetness – because of course, Hyewon really has a great taste to foods and Minju would absolutely love this. Hyewon smiles at the girl who is asking for more, and she complies without much fight.

Sharing the cake with Minju is not something that she expects to happen, because she’s been looking forward to eating it all alone. But somehow, it made the cake sweeter – and Hyewon loves sweet things.

“I love you.”

Hyewon frowns, there she goes again saying those words. Minju already said that to her 2 days ago when she suddenly came knocking to her door, and here she is now saying it again. She’s suddenly getting nervous.

“Is there a problem?” Hyewon asks worriedly, “You’ve been saying that awfully a lot lately.”

Minju shakes her head and turns Hyewon to face her, “There’s not a problem. It’s just that. I love you.”

Hyewon looks at Minju, and the girl is giving her that look again – like she’s staring at Hyewon’s soul, seeing her everything, and it makes her really giddy inside.

“I love you too, Minjuri.” Hyewon smiles, “I’m here always, okay? If you have a problem just tell me.”

Hyewon then notices Minju’s face saddened look, and she feels a tug in her heart but she doesn’t know why. Did she say something wrong? Or is Minju’s facing a problem that she couldn’t tell her?

“Minjuri?”

“Don’t worry Hyewonnie, I’m fine.” Minju smiles, but Hyewon feels like it’s fake.

“Okay Minjuri, but I’m here always. I love you.” Hyewon kissed her forehead, and she noticed how the other girl’s body stiffened, which bothered her a little bit, but immediately melted into her. Then they just sat there in silence, sometimes Hyewon would be asking Minju if she’s alright but the other always assure her – and she just accepts the answer, even if it’s obvious that there’s something bothering the girl. But she’ll wait. She can wait.

 

/

 

The third time they’re left alone is when Hyewon accompanied Minju to the library to study for her exam, though Hyewon has nothing to do and she could be at her apartment sleeping or playing games she still chose to go with the younger girl. Minju may not say it verbally, but she knows how much the girl hates studying alone – because Minju always pressures herself when she’s alone, but when she’s with someone she always managed to relax once in a while and not rush anything.

And so, Hyewon is there mindlessly turning pages of the book about dog on the table, don’t ask her why there’s a book like that there while Minju’s side has scattered notes and opened books. Hyewon sometimes glances at the girl who is so focused on what she’s doing, and she finds it cute.

She finds Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter