Pining and Mistaken Kiss

Dumb and Dumber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PINING AND MISTAKEN KISS

Requested: Non-au. Jealous Minju. Dense Kwangbae (not that dense tho)

Sometimes it is a pain in the to live with 11 girls, so that’s why Minju is thankful that the company decided to have two dorms for them – especially since not every dorm could accommodate 12 girls at the same time, that would absolutely be hell.

So yeah, Minju is thankful especially that she is with their leader – Eunbi, her best friend Chaewon, the mood makers Yujin and Yena, and somehow the very innocent maknae Wonyoung. Yes, she should be thankful for having them there, but it just irks her. Because of course, it’s just normal to be close to those who you live with, so she’s really close with the 5 girls.

But that doesn’t mean that she’s not close to the other 6, not when they spend time together – when Yena goes to the other dorm which is like 6 to 10 steps away from them just to play with her other gamer friends. Not when the other girls go to their dorm every time Eunbi cooks something for all of them, not when sometimes they sleep over just like normal people.

But it just really bothers Minju how one certain girl is very close to their Japanese member given that they are roommates, but still, does she have to cling like that to her? So, that’s how Minju saw herself glaring daggers on the back of Hyewon and Sakura while the two play their game. Minju tries not to look at them, but how could she when they are right there in front of her?

“Minjuri, they’ll be dead with your looks.”

Minju looks beside her and saw Chaewon smiling at her, obviously witnessing the looks that Minju’s sending the two girls.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Tell that to yourself.”

Then Hyewon stood up from their position, making Minju relax – it seems like the girl had enough of the game and Yena quickly grabbed the vacant controller. But then she did not expect for Hyewon to walk over to the couch, where Minu is sitting and flop herself beside her.

“I hate this game!” Hyewon whined.

Minju frowns, because why would the older girl whine to her when Minju at games? But of course, Minju knows that she shouldn’t ignore the whining girl.

“You can do it next time.” She tries to say any encouraging thing.

And Hyewon hugs her. And holy , can she hear Minju’s heartbeat? Can she feel the hammering thump of her heart? She hopes not.

“Can you play it with me?” Hyewon smiles, with her oh-so innocent smile.

Minju tries to play it off, rolling her eyes, “You know I’m not good with games.”

“I’ll teach you!”

But seeing the adamant look on the older girl’s face, like she’s expecting for Minju to really play it with her, and Minju being in the whipped culture –

“Okay.” She says defeatedly, because it seems like Hyewon will not take a ‘no’ as an answer.

And Hyewon hugs her again, much tighter than before then out of nowhere pecks Minju’s cheeks – and she just feels like she would combust in any minute, because how dare she do that without any warning?

Then just like that, the older girl walks over and went back to Sakura and hugs her as if she didn’t do anything wrong.

Well, it’s not like she did anything wrong, really. Minju’s just really surprised with the hug then the kiss that she could feel the happiness bubbling inside of her, but then it was immediately crushed when Hyewon went back to hug Sakura.

Because of course, why would she do anything wrong? When in fact Minju is the only one harboring feelings for Hyewon – who is oblivious as .

“You okay?”

Oh, Chaewon is still beside her which means see saw everything. Maybe even saw how Minju’s face fell from the disappointment and hurt – because what the hell Kang Hyewon?

“Yeah, I’m good.”

And Chaewon wrapped her arms around Minju, and the latter could not help but lean into the touch. Because she needs this, she very much needs this – and she’s thankful that Chaewon is there beside her, because she doesn’t know what to do.

 

/

 

Minju did not know when it actually started, her feelings for a certain member, all that she knows is that one day she caught herself staring at Hyewon during one of their photoshoots for some advertisement. Then after that, she finds it really soothing that Hyewon would go and hug her, spontaneously and it would give Minju some giddy feeling inside, but she loves it.

She thought it was nothing at first, the staring she always does, she thought she does it to other members as well. But she thought wrong, because one day Yujin just approached her after their really exhausting day from practicing. Minju is just sitting on the corner, resting her head against the wall then she felt Yujin sat beside her.

“Your crush is too obvious, unnie.”

Excuse me, my what?

“What?”

Yujin scoffs, and her eating grin is there, “Your crushing on Hyewon-unnie so hard, it’s too obvious.”

I’m what?!

“I’m not!” She exclaims rather too loudly, making some members turn their heads to their direction and Minju could just give them an apologetic smile. She then pulled Yujin closer, “I’m not crushing on her, what the hell are you talking about?” She hissed.

Yujin stares at her, as if she’s reading her and Minju suddenly feels conscious under the younger girl’s stare.

“Oh , you didn’t know?”

“Know what?” Minju asked, confusedly.

Yujin looks at her with agape, and Minju would have laugh if not for the fact that they are talking about something serious.

“That you have crush on Hyewon-unnie.” Yujin whispered, “Like it’s too obvious.”

Minju looks at Yujin who is giving her a worried look, and suddenly everything just made sense and at the same time not. so, she quickly stood up ignoring the looks that she received and went out of their practice room. She needs time to think, and she couldn’t think if Hyewon is staring at them because she is just so distracting.

Minju reached the fire exit stairs and thankful that no one uses it, but she didn’t notice someone followed her until she heard door shutting. She turns around only to see their leader looking at her with a small smile.

“Yujin told me.” She says softly.

And maybe it was because of the exhaustion that she feels from practicing all day, or the sudden discovery about her, but Minju just felt like crying. And she did, and she’s thankful that Eunbi is there to hug her because , Minju doesn’t know that a dam would break right at that moment.

“I swear I didn’t know!” Minju cries out, “I just, I didn’t notice it. I thought it was normal.”

Eunbi just listened, soothing Minju’s back while saying comforting words.

“It’s alright Minju-ah,” Eunbi reassures the younger girl, “You don’t notice things because it’s normal for you, until someone points it out.”

Minju is still a sobbing mess by that time, because it is not alright. What would the fans think? Heck, what would the other members think? Especially Hyewon, what would she think?

As if Eunbi can read her mind, she says.

“If you’re thinking about the fans, don’t mind them – we can’t please everyone. Some would support you, some will not. But it’s alright.” Eunbi continues, “If you’re thinking about us, it’s perfectly fine. We’re open-minded Minju-ah, it won’t change how we see you.”

“And Hyewon-unnie?” Minju croaks out, “What would she think?”

Eunbi smiles at the younger girl, “I don’t know, why don’t you tell her?”

“I’ll confess to her?!” MInju shrieked, scared by the idea. “She would reject me, for sure!”

“How can you say so?”

“I just know!”

“You won’t know until you try.” Eunbi points out.

Minju shakes her head, not liking the idea any bit. “I don’t want to, I’m fine with what we have.”

But oh boy was she wrong, because how can she be fine when she sees Hyewon hugging the hell out of Sakura every time she gets the chance, how can she be fine when sometimes the older girl would cling to other members and be affectionate while Minju is there watching. She never wanted to feel jealous, but she could not help the green-eyed monster to just burst inside her.

It’s not like Hyewon ignores her, no. In fact, Hyewon also do all those things to her – like hugging, the sudden handholding while walking, the sudden cheek kisses – and every time she does it, Minju would be a blushing a mess. It’s a miracle that the older girl does not notice this, because the other members already caught on her crush and always when given a chance – Minju is thankful that somehow, they thought of not teasing her when the subject of her affection is within earshot.

And right now, she’s currently feeling this burning thing on her chest as she looks at Hyewon leaning to Sakura. Minju knows she could not blame the Japanese, especially if they are roommates because it is normal to be much closer to your roommates, right? But they don’t have to slap it to her face.

She then felt a presence beside her, and it was Chaeyeon sitting – beads of sweats on her forehead as they just finished a new dance routine.

“You should really stop glaring at them.” Chaeyeon jokes.

Minju rolls her eyes, “I am not.”

“Sure, you are.”

“Are you okay with,” Minju discreetly points to Hyewon and Sakura’s direction, “that?”

Chaeyeon chuckles and glanced at the two, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, we all know that you have a crush on Kura-unnie.” Minju points out.

“Uh huh, yes that’s true.” Chaeyeon nods, “I’m not a jealous-freak like you.”

“You’re okay that your crush is doing that to someone?”

“Is Hyewon your girlfriend?” Chaeyeon asks making Minju shut up.

“You haven’t confessed yet, that’s why you’re feeling like that.” Chaeyeon stands up, “You should just confess Minjuri.” And she walks away.

No way in hell will she confess.

She then saw Chaeyeon calling Sakura and they both went out, maybe to buy some drink. Yena then approached her dragging Hitomi who seems to be pouting.

“Minjuri! Let’s do pilates!” Yena exclaims, “So, we can accompany Hii-chan!”

“Unnie, you don’t have to!”

Minju laughs and was about to agree when another person approached them.

“She can’t go, we’ll be going out.”

Hyewon.

What?

When did they plan that?

Hitomi looked between the two and stared at Hyewon then smiles, “But I want Minju to come!”

Minju blinks, Hitomi seems adamant on not letting another person to come, but why is she saying that now?

 

/

 

“ing hell.” Minju whispers as she tries to hold the position that she is in, because why did Yena even thought about joining Hitomi in her pilates sessions? Why did she even agree to come? Because all she could feel is pain, and it seems like Hitomi is the only one enjoying it.

Hyewon and Yena are bickering for joining the session, while Minju is suffering.

“Okay, let’s move,” The instructor said, and Minju prays that she could still move because her body is aching.

“Put your foot here,” The instructor points to one of the woods, demonstrating that they should hook their foot there and they would be doing a split.

“Minjuri, are you alright?” Minju feels a hot breath whispering to her, only to see Hyewon beside her looking at her worriedly. And Minju is not in the condition to lie so she shakes her head.

“I’m dying.”

“Told you we shouldn’t come.” Hyewon smirks.

“Why are you even here?” Minju frowns.

“Thought I’d come since you’ll be coming too.”

Minju’s heart stutters, there goes Hyewon with her sweet words. Sometimes Minju thinks that the girl also has some feelings for her but it’s too good to be true, because Hyewon is just sweet like that.

“Great, let’s suffer together.” Minju groans out earning a chuckle from Hyewon.

“Let’s eat after this.”

“Of course, you love that.” Minju breathes out, because she’s not in the right mindset to get flustered even if Hyewon is near her – talk about per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter