Chapter 4

Jennie's Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?!" Lisa snapped at Jennie when she sat beside her.

"Y-Your grandmother told me that, I should follow you on the office." she answered nervously. The woman's dark brown eyes bore through her skin, making her uncomfortable. She tried her best not to fidget on her seat. It wouldn't be good for her to show that she's intimidated by her.

"And you really are determined to be my nanny, huh?"

"L-Look, Lisa..." she said with a shaking voice. She cleared and took a deep breath to calm herself. "I know you are against with what your grandmother wants to happen. Honestly, I don't care about your fights with your grandma. But please, don't include me into it. I'm just doing my job."

Jennie did not expect her to laugh. She felt insulted.

"Now I know why my grandmother likes you. You are brave and smart." The words were far from being compliments. "You two have the same behaviour, did you know that? There was no doubt that you get along with her." It was a snide remark.

"You don't know me."

"Oh, really?" Even her smile was sarcastic. Jennie clenched her fist; it's best that she should just ignore her sarcasm. She was being difficult on purpose!

Once again, Jennie took a deep breath and tried to recall on her mind what she learned about special child care course that she took when she was still studying in Kansas City, Missouri. It might help her to understand and deal with this woman.

With a smile, Lisa press the start button on her key fob. The engine revved to life and the swift car soon joined the traffic along Seohaean Expressway. She decided to keep quiet. Lisa glance at her in silence.

From her t-shirt and jeans that she wore she now changed into gray top and black denim pants, a cropped plaid jacket on top, and a simple white sneakers. Her long and wavy hair was tied in a ponytail. Very chic for a nanny! And very attractive, she had to admit. The faint smell of lavender cologne she was wearing added to her attraction.

Something pulsated inside and she felt warm all over.

Jennie suddenly look at her and their eyes met. Her feline eyes are very expressive. And she has a mole just below her left eyebrow.

Heck! Why the hell is she noticing almost everything with this woman. Shaking her head, she just concentrated on driving.

"What's your name?" she ask. On her peripheral vision she saw her taking a glance on her.

"M-My name is Jennie. Kim Jennie."

Jennie... such a sweet name. Sounds good to moan her name while making love.

Lisa was stunned. Why is that the first thing she thought? She shook her head again to erase her thoughts.

"What pushed you to accept this job my grandmother gave to you?"

Her eyes briefly caught hers. Jennie quickly turns to the other side.

"I think it's very obvious. I needed the money."

"Why? Can't you find another job? You look smart."

"I'm a preschool teacher in a Montessori school in Incheon. But my salary's not enough. At least, not at present."

"Maybe because you spend too much. Why don't you just go find yourself a man who's going to provide you for all your whims so you won't have to work?"

Jennie knew that this woman is insulting her. But since she's aware of the fact that she will just waste her saliva by arguing with her, she decided to just play along.

"Who told you that I'm not searching?"

The car slightly swerve when Lisa threw a glare at her.

"It's just that, all of the men who comes at me are way too old and smells like rotten soil. Even though I'm like this, I still want to chose who I'm going to live with."

She saw how she grips the steering wheel tightly.

'Hah! That's what you get for prying! You're so nosy!'

"How much do you earn?"

"It's unethical to discuss salary issues. Especially you're not the one who compensate me."

"Hah!" It's obvious that the woman is annoyed already. She became silent but she was sure that there was something going on inside the woman's head. And she had to be cautious.

Not so long after, the car went to the parking lot inside a building. When the woman climb down the car after turning off the machine of her vehicle she went down too. Jennie didn't wait for Lisa to guide her because for sure she will just embarrass herself. Still tight lipped, the tall woman walked away from the parking lot and entered a wide showroom. It's full of native furniture. She was still tailing after her even if the woman was ignoring her.

She saw Lisa talking to a blonde and pretty woman who glanced at her. After a while, another goth looking woman, who's a red head, went to the two. She has a cool expression and she's pretty too. Though she was shorter than the two but it doesn't lessen the fact that she's also a head turner. She, too, looked at her. And she smiled when their eyes met. Jennie smiled back shyly. But then Lisa turns to her. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw her reaction. She pretended to look elsewhere.

Then she just noticed that the woman was done talking with the two when she passed by infront of her.

"Yah, jamkkanman!" Lisa stopped and faced her. "Where are you going?" she ask the woman who has her hands crossed under her chest while sporting a bored expression on her face.

"Restroom. Wait, don't tell me you're going to follow me even inside the cubicle? Would you also want to help me bring my down and help me pee?"

Jennie gasps and immediately blushed. went open then closed like she wanted to say something, but she couldn't find words to speak.

"W-Where should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter