Chapter 6

Jennie's Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It's still early to sleep and Jennie doesn't feel sleepy yet. She stayed at the poolside for a while. It felt so relaxing while her feet were on the water.

It's her third day at the Manoban's. It's also been three days that she has been following Lisa at the office. She took the initiative to be Rosie's assistant instead of gaping around in a corner while waiting for Lisa to go home. It made her wonder why that woman turned silent ever since she confronted her. She also ignored her sometimes and just tolerates her presence. She also doesn't go clubbing after work which she always does before.

Jennie didn't know what to feel, if she should be happy about it or not. It's hard for her to believe that Lisa suddenly became a good girl. And it's also hard to believe that she scared her. She knew that she's just planning about something and waiting for the right time to do it. It's not wise to let her guard down.

Just like what Mrs. Manoban had told her, Davika already went to the airport for her flight to Sydney, Australia awhile ago. Before she leaves, she reminded her about her job.

Once again she waggle her feet on the water. Her movements caused ripples on the water. She took her time to think about her current situation.

Earlier she manage to talk with her mom on the phone and told her that about how her father started with his physical therapy. Mrs. Kim was so thankful about the money she sent the other day. It made her feel at ease because she helps.

Up to now she still can't believe that she's a nanny of a woman who is only a year younger than her. The word nanny doesn't even sounds appropriate. It could be caregiver, but that woman is not physically incapable. Lisa could even threw her out literally. Maybe she's really a spy base on the scope of her job.

She also can't understand her employer and the granddaughter. For her, it was easy to have a solution for their problem if only they would have a nice and serious talk. But instead of doing that, the two compete with each other. The first one who gets mad will be the loser.

She couldn't feel the warmth with the people she was living with. She can't even tell if the words love and family even exists in their vocabulary.
Lisa and Davika may share the same blood but that's just it. They were far from being the family because there isn't a familiar affection between them. They were strangers, cold and uncaring.

She sighed deeply.

"So, you were just here the whole time. I've been looking for you everywhere."

Jennie was startled when Lisa suddenly appeared on her side. She quickly stood up.

"Oh, it's you. Do you need anything?" she ask while getting rid of the dirt on her shorts. It was really short which reveals her round and fair legs.




 

Lisa almost cursed out loud. She can't take her eyes off Jennie's legs. Flawless and fair legs were one of her weakness. And hers were perfect. Her skin was slightly pinkish with no visible marks and scar.

"Lisa?"

It was like she was awoken in her sleep when she heard her voice. Her brows furrowed as she stared at her. She slightly blushed.

"You said you've been looking for me? Do you want me to do something for you?"

'Keep me company for the night.'

"You need anything?"

"I want to..." her eyes went down on the woman's legs again and she wanted to cursed. "We need to talk about something. Follow me."

She went inside and walked towards the library. The small woman was following her behind.

"What are we going to talk about?"

"We're going to talk about us. I want to ask you some questions."

Jennie nodded slightly. "O-Okay."

"How old are you, Jennie?"

"I'm twenty five."

"I see. How many boyfriends have you had?"

She saw how her forehead creases.

"Lisa, what is the meaning of this? I thought were going to have a serious talk about us?"

"Obviously, that's why I'm asking you. I want to know you better."

"I can't see what my personal relationship has got to do with my job."

"Your answer is relevant, Jennie. I know that you're fully aware that our situation isn't normal. Can you imagine, I was given a nanny who is just a year older than me and to consider that I don't really need one. We both don't even know how to work this out."

"I still don't get what's the connection of--"

"I just want to know if I have to watch my back or someone might punched me all of a sudden while I'm outside with you."

Jennie thought for a second. "N-None." she whispered.

"None what?"

"I-I have no boyfriend. I never had one."

"What? With that beautiful face of yours? You gotta be kidding me. Why?"

"Well, I don't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter