Chapter 10

Jennie's Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was holiday that day when Jennie went out with Rosie. When she ask Lisa for permission, she immediately let her. She wanted to bring her along with them but she said she would just stay at the mansion saying it was her time out to be with a friend.

She gave her five hundred thousand won and told her to buy whatever she wants. She was reluctant to accept the money but Lisa insisted.

"You look so happy today." Rosé noticed. They were at the lingerie section of the department store. "Love can really change a person." she teased. "You know what, I really thought Jisoo was dating you. That lady was really a playgirl. Well, she's really a good catch."

"You're right, Jisoo was a good catch but Lisa is the best catch because aside from being gorgeous, she's filthy rich. Imagine, she gave me five hundred thousand as a shopping money." she said.

They both laughed. "Yah, don't tell that to Lisa. She would get really mad."

"Of course. Besides, it was so obvious that you really love Lisa Sajangnim, and not because she's rich. Your eyes even sparkle by just mentioning her name."

"Is it that obvious?" Jennie cupped both of her cheeks while looking at her friend.

"Relly obvious." Rosé said while nodding.

She laugh once again. "You're right, Rosie. I love Lisa very much. I loved her real personality. And whatever happens I don't regret what happened between us."

"You mean..."

She nodded while blushing.

Not too far away from them, a person was having a celebration. The two woman's conversation was recorded clearly on that person's phone, at least, the part that the person can use to get a revenge from Lisa. The lady was ignoring that person but at the end she would only end up with a gold digger. That person was already imagining what would be Lisa's reaction when she received the audio recording, and that person wanted to laugh loudly from joy.

It was five in the afternoon when Jennie got home. With a few paperbags on hand, but most of the things she bought were for Lisa. She only liked a few for herself. The see through negligee was one of it and she was planning to wear it later.

"Hi," she met Lisa on the middle of the staircase. And she was dressed up. "Where are you going?"

"Jisoo Unni called. We'll just meet somewhere."

Her brows furrowed with the coldness she was showing to her. Why did she suddenly lost interest with her. "What time will you be back?"

"I don't know."

Lisa continued walking down without looking back at her. Even the warm kisses which she always gives her were suddenly forgotten.



 

On the other hand, she and Jisoo didn't really had a talk to meet that time. Lisa just wanted to go out because she was really angry. Who wouldn't get mad when you heard the woman you loved in an audio recording bragging about how she was a best catch coz she have lots of money. And even had the audacity to show off the money she received from her.

She was not expecting to hear it from Jennie, of all people! She already thought that she's really different from the other women she had met. She managed to decline her offer before and did not easily fell from her charms. Turns out it's all just for a show.

She hit the steering wheel of her car using her fist in annoyance. She was really furious! And it's not just anger that she was feeling. The pain is higher, since she's already inlove with her. She loves her more than anything that she has right now.

What kind of a curse did stick up to her that the people around her can't love her for real the way she love them? She picked up her phone and and looked for someone whom she can be with. And since Joy's name was the second on her contact list, she dialed the woman's number.



 

Jennie was starting to feel nervous. It's two am, but Lisa still hasn't come back yet and she couldn't help but to worry. She's not her answering calls and it's really confusing her. She couldn't think of anything she did for her to act that way. Why is she suddenly acting like the way she is before?

She already called Jisoo awhile ago  and she was told that the two didn't meet up.

"Lisa, what's happening with you? Where are you?" she was starting to tear up.

A few minutes more and she heard the sound of a car's engine. She ran down to see who it was.

"Lisa!"

The woman was so drunk. And she's not alone.

"Joy? W-We're you out together?"

The questioned woman did not answer her. She went near them to help Lisa, but she slapped her hand away.

"I don't like you!" she angrily snapped at her which surprised Jennie.

Joy brought the drunk lady up to her room. She was following them behind even when Joy helped Lisa down her bed.

"I-It's okay, Joy. I'll take care of Lisa."

"Didn't you hear what she said awhile ago? She doesn't like you! Why don't you just make yourself useful and get me some warm water and a towel. After that you can go back to your room! You're obviously not wanted here!" Joy rudely commented.

Jennie felt her whole body went numb. She was like a robot being controlled by a remote, quietly followed the instructions.

Jennie felt her knees shaking as she enters her room. She feel so upset. Why did Lisa lied to her? And to top it all, she really had to bring that woman whom she spent her whole night with here in the mansion! She knew that she didn't loved her, but can't she at least respect her as a woman?

Her tears started falling down like tap water. It hurt so much. She press her face down the pillow and sobbed.




 

The next day, the two were already having breakfast when she went down to the dining area. Joy was sweetly feeding Lisa with a piece of bread. She felt a stabbed in her heart.

"H-hi!" she greeted her. Joy smiled sarcastically. Lisa just sneered and did not greets her back. "A-Are you going to work today?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm already wearing my clothes for work." she mockingly answered. She didn't talk to her after. Until they brought Joy back to her unit and til they reached the office she was like not existing to Lisa.

That night she talked to her.

"That digit should be enough for all the things that happened between us."

Jennie felt like a bucket of iced cold water was splashed to her when Lisa gave her a cheque with the amount of thirty million won.

"W-What is the meaning of this? I don't understand."

Lisa grinned. "Is the amount too low for you? Were you not expecting that amount coming from a 'best catch' like me?" she went paled. "Are you surprised?" Lisa took her phone and played an audio recording.

"L-Lisa, I c-can explain."

"No need. I already caught you red handed. You can't make me believe in you again no matter what you say." she said with clenched jaw.

"B-But, Lisa, you don't understand!"

"Are you going to deny that the voice in that audio is not yours? Are you going to deny that I heard you said those things?"

Jennie couldn't speak. How is she going to explain it to her if she didn't want to listen anymore?

"Just accept that cheque. Don't bother hoping that I would marry you just because you were a . Even before I have never even thought of keeping you." she spoke coldly.

"L-Lisa.."

The truth really hurts. Jennie knew that their relationship isn't for keeps. And she was not expecting her to take responsibility for what happened between them. But it still hurt to hear the truth coming straight from . Gold digger or not, Lisa never had plans just how she dreamed to be with her, forever.

Jennie aggressively wiped her tears. She was never that type of person who would push themselves more towards the person who doesn't like them anymore. She took her innocence and broke her heart. But she could still leave with pride intact. That's the only consolation she could give herself.

"If that's how you think and know about me then t-there's nothing I can do about it." she took a deep breath to calm herself. If she wanted to have a break down, it shouldn't be in front of her. She wouldn't give her a reason to celebrate. "Say whatever you want but I won't accept this cheque. But don't worry, I don't have any plans of getting back at you. And starting from now, you won't hear anything from me also. But please, let me do my job until your Grandmother comes back. Then, I'll resign."

She already had her back facing the woman. The moment she got inside her room she broke down. So this is how it hurts to love and lose.

More days had passed and they were like a stranger to each other. Both riding the same car but they never talked. Jennie still do what she has to do like before. Trying so hard to look happy when she's in front of other people. But it didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter