Chapter 1

Jennie's Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie almost had a break down on the way to the ICU of Samsung Medical Center. She was there because her father had a heart attack. It was so sudden and her mother called her right away. Mrs. Kim haven't told her about the reason why he had a sudden heart attack yet.

"J-Jennie?" It was her mother's voice who just went out of the ICU room.

"Mom? How is he?"

Mrs. Kim Shiyeon led her to an empty bench.

"The doctor said that he's stable for now. And they will transfer him to a private room."

She should've been feeling relieve but by looking at her mother's face she knew that she still have something to tell her.

"M-Mom, what is it? What did the doctor said?" she ask nervously. Ever since she's a daddy's little girl. Of course she loves her mother but she was more closer to her father.

"Your father's attack was fatal. It's a miracle that he survived. But the doctor said that they couldn't predict what will be the effect of that attack on him. His brain is normal, but they can't tell for sure since he still haven't regained consciousness. They said he can be paralyzed!"

Her face turned pale. But she tried to hide her fear as her mother was looking at her. It wouldn't be good for the both of them to be weak at this point of time.

"Mom, that was just what the doctors had said. They're also not sure about it, right?"

Mrs. Kim broke down. "I...I'm sorry, baby. I should be strong for you. B-But I just can't help it. I'm so scared for your father."

She also couldn't manage to speak as her emotions overcome her.

Jennie knew how much her mother loves her father Mr. Kim Dongwan. Since she was a little Mrs. Kim always tells her a story about how her father was her mother's soulmate. And that she knew he was her other half even before she met him personally. There was no extraordinary in her parents love story. Her Daddy was a mechanical engineer in Japan. While her mother is a teacher here in Korea. They became pen pals through a common friend. Her Daddy courted her Mom with his letters. And her mother said yes to him through her letters as well. The two became couples even though they've only seen each other with the photos they sent to each other. The two got married when Kim Dongwan returned to Korea.

"D-Don't worry, Mom. Everything will be all right. L-Let's pray to God that he'll be fine."

She embraced her mother tightly and prayed that everything will be all right with her father. The two women stayed there in silence while praying.

"What happened, Mom. Why did Daddy had an attack?"

For two weeks, she had been living with her cousin Nayeon because she was planning to build her own Montessori school and she was looking for a good location for it. And it just happen that their other cousin Ye-eun who traveled from Jeju also came. So it became their bonding moment since it's been awhile when they last saw each other.

She was about to leave her cousin's house to meet with her friend when she received a call from her mother. She hurriedly went back to Incheon.

"I...I don't really know, Jennie. He was so mad when he went back home last night. He says someone deceived him. It's the first time I saw him like that. He even yelled at me when I asked him." Mrs. Kim shook her head. "I don't know what his problem is. And that's what's bothering me more."

The younger Kim held her hand. "Don't worry, Mom. Whatever it is, we will face it together."

She wanted to believe that they could surpass the problem as a family. But the fear was still present in her heart.

Jennie grew up with everything secured. Among her cousins she grew up living in the higher ups than them. They were not filthy rich but they could afford luxuries because their restaurant business was very progressive. And her parents manage to established a two storey townhouse on a three hundred square meters lot in a exclusive subdivision in Namdong District.

Her parents had been very protective of her especially her father since she's an only child. She's not naive on how life works, but she never once experienced hard life eversince. Every thing is sailing smoothly for her because they shielded her in any problem possible. If ever she had problems before it's as superficial as what to wear in a party or how to remove a growing pimple on her forehead overnight.

Even though she was overprotected  she did not grew up as a wimp. She had a freedom to do whatever she wants. But she was not a risk taker like her cousin Nayeon. But she was also strong willed. If her Mommy was right on what she told her about her father, then this is the very first time that she will face a hard problem.

Jennie took a deep breath. She didn't know what will happen tomorrow.





 

"Dude!"  Jisoo immediately pulled the curtains closed on one of the cubicle inside the emergency room where Lisa currently is. "We're doomed. Your grandmother is coming here."

"What?" Lisa winced in pain when she tried to get up. Even the nurse who was putting a gauze on her wound got surprised with her sudden movement. "How did she know? I thought no one saw us there?"

Jisoo scratched the back of her head. "I also have no idea."

She spit a cursed.

"Miss, I haven't finished putting the bandage on your wound please stay put." says the nurse who was obviously flirting with her. She cursed again before lying down on the bed. She won't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter