[6] - Sometimes.. Someone

Keep You Close 2 || JENSOO

Chapter 6

 

 

 

 

 

"So.. how much time left until Jisoo's performance?"

 

 Lisa asks sitting on the sofa next to Chaeyoung.

 

The television was to the channel that broadcasts the Inkigayo event live.

 

"An hour." Chaeyoung replies then elaborates, "Although the rest of the performances are really good, I’m very excited for Jisoo's turn!" she makes small jumps while sitting watching the live performances.

 

 Lisa looks around searching for snacks to spend the time other than the bag of chips that is in Chaeyoung's hand but finds none.

 

"Do we have any snacks?" She says questionedly, as she turns to Chaeyoung.

 

 - "No. This is the last one left.. and now it's gone." Chaeyoung says her last phrase as she puts the last chip in , folds the bag, puts it on the table, and looks at Lisa with a proud smile.

 

 "Great!" Lisa quips with a false enthusiasm.

"you know what?  I'll go out and buy some quickly before it's time for Jisoo's dance! "She says, and all she receives is a nod from Chaeyoung agreeing with her.

 

 Then she gets up and goes to the door, and before she opens it she wears her sporty jacket and puts on her black beanie and covers her ears with it well and heads out.

 

 Before she closes the door just behind her, she hears Chaeyoung calling and warning her not to be late.

 

 

 

 .  .  .  .

 

 

 

 Well.. she may have exaggerated with her shopping for food and snacks because now she is walking with two full bags with both hands. And they are kinda heavy.

 

 Of course, she won't let Chaeyoung eat any of them. Not after the trouble she went throgh. never.

 

 She adjusts the way she held the bags every now and then because she’s starting to feel as though a thin sharp lines have formed on her fingers as a result with a bit of pain that could be ignored.

 

As she keeps walking on the sidewalk and crossing all these glamorous shops that sell various items, she encounters a confectionery at the end of the sidewalk at the corner, she may have passed by it before, but she did not notice it because she was walking in a hurry.

 

 Lisa stops and turns her body facing the store's front, which was a wide glass and behind it a counter that contains several shelves; each shelf contains several types of sweets and cakes, all of which made her swallow and droll only for her the sight.

 

 All she could have thought of at the time was how Chaeyoung would have reacted if she was with her now; she would have broken the glass and attacked.

 

 Well this is an exaggeration .. Chaeyoung has at least the decency to open the store door and buy sweets, although her idea is not entirely excluded.

 

 Lisa silently giggles to herself as she imagines Chaeyoung breaking the glass and taking cake plates and putting them in the bag while she puts other pieces in .

 

 Perhaps if both hands were not occupied she would have bought some sweets for her, especially those sweets that look very soft and completely covered with molten chocolate and a light viscous liquid, honey perhaps, that would make Chaeyoung hallucinate for days.

 

 Lisa can't prevent the smile that conquered her facial features as she thinks of how happy Chaeyoung would be if she buys her that particular cake, of course she will buy enough for Jennie and Jisoo too.

 

 Maybe she will come back again tomorrow and see-

 

 "Ouch!"  The girl groans as she moves her head away and rubs her forehead with her hands after colliding with Lisa's leg strongly and suddenly.

 

 "Hey.." Lisa says with a gentle tone, after seeing what was the thing that collided with her. She puts the bags on the floor and lower her body in a squatting position until she's at the same level with the little girl, she puts her hand on her forehead and caresses it gently as if she were trying to relieve the pain if there were any despite the fact that the accident was just a simple collision. 

 

 "Are you okay?"

 

The child nods affirmatively.

 

 "Why are you alone? where is your Mom?"  She asks her, as she gently slides her hand over the child's arm, making a worried expression.

 

 - "She's behind me."  

 

As soon as the girl finishes her phrase, her mother arrives behind her panting as a result of the accelerated striding, with a smile of satisfaction and relief on her face because she found her child.

 

 "Oh ... I caught you!"  The woman exclaims, trying to catch her breath with her hands resting on the child's shoulders.

 

 The woman turns her eyes to Lisa, who is still sitting, looking at her and apologizes to Lisa if her child caused any problems.

 

 "No.. not at all," Lisa reassures with a smile, as she gets up and straightens.

 

 - "She just becomes very excited whenever we decide to go out to buy from this store," the woman explains, rubbing over her daughter's head, looking at her and shaking her head with a disapproval.

 

 "Can't blame her for that."  Lisa chuckles gaining a weak laugh from the woman as she looked back at Lisa.

 

 Now that she is face to face with the woman - not literally face to face, Lisa is much taller than the woman standing in front of her - her face looks very familiar.

 

 "Okay. let's go in now."  The woman says as she takes her daughter's hand and on the way to the door of the store and before she enters, she looks at Lisa, smiles and adds:

 

 "Thank you."

 

Lisa just nods to her.  She is still looking at her meditating, trying to find out the reason or remembering if she had seen this woman before.

 

 Lisa remains standing outside the store looking at the woman through the glass as she talks to the owner and points to plates sometimes and at other times she talks to her daughter.

 

 Her hair was tied in the form of an organized bun with many white tufts on both sides. Her face looked tired but not for a flaw in her but rather for the elderly, it was wrinkle-free except in the areas that surround the corner of her eyes which only appears when she is smiling-

 

Lisa stills as her eyes widens in realization.

 

 

 No.

 

 

 This cannot be. No way!

 

 

 Maybe she just looks like her, it is impossible for them to be the same person!

 

 If it was her, she would have recognized Lisa, wouldn't she?

 

 She would have distinguished her as much as Lisa had.

 

 Lisa remains standing in a shock of their resemblance, the more she looks at the woman, the more the picture becomes clear in her mind, the last picture she remembers about her mother as she left her at the door of the monastery.

 

 

 She was wearing the same smile.

 

 

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 

 "Hey! You're late!!"  Chaeyoung calls from behind the door of the apartment before she opens it and pulls Lisa in from the collar firmly with the bags she was carrying, pulling Lisa from her mental nap to reality.

 

 

 "What took you so long? Their performance is about to start!" Chaeyoung continues as she races to the sitting area, sits atop the couch and faces TV again.

 

 - "Ahh.. the place was crowded and a little far away ..." Lisa says hesitantly, her tone sounds distant, putting the bags on the table and taking off her jacket afterward, her mind is still in another place until she hears Chaeyoung's voice again.

 

 "Wait.. Isn't this Jennie?"

 

 - "Hmm..what?"  Lisa responds confusedly as she turns her eyes on Chaeyoung to see her with her jaw dropped, while still looking at TV. She turns her eyes to it, and her expressions matches Chaeyoung's.

 

 "What is Jennie doing on the stage?"

 

 

 

 .  .  .  . . . . . . 

 

 

 

Jisoo keeps staring at Jennie who is staring back at her, intently.

 

Actually, Jennie's eyes never left Jisoo's. Basically ignoring everyone but her, with her determined expression and fierce posture, and all Jisoo could think of at this moment is, 'what the hell is she thinking?'

 

What's she thinking exposing herself to the public like that? Risking her safety! And for what? 

 

Jisoo starts striding towards her.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

 [Oh, it's Kim Jisoo! She's here! Finally!] 

 

The MC announces excitedly after seeing Jisoo walking fast towards the unknown girl.

 

 

 "Jennie! What are you doing?"

 

 Jisoo says in a whisper as soon as she approaches Jennie, who has not removed her eyes from Jisoo, not even for a second.

 

 - "finishing what we started." Jennie responds simply and calmly, her eyes dark and dreamy, looking straight into Jisoo's eyes.

 

 "Jennie this's-"

 

 - "Do you really want to see all that effort you put into this go to waste?" Jennie interrupts her and she can see that Jisoo is struggling to find words to respond, taken back by her question, but Jennie doesn't wait for her answer and she completes, "Will you let that bastard succeed in trying to ruin the dance?"

 

 Then, as a switch flipped on, Jisoo focuses her attention back on Jennie, realizing what Jennie is trying to do, and the hesitation that was previously present in her eyes disappears.

 

 The stage is now empty and belongs to them only. All the people behind the stage are ready and waiting for any signal from them to start. And only the noise of the audience resulting from their murmur is heard:

 

 "Two girls? Where's Jackson?"

 

 "Is this part of the show? Isn't the dance supposed to be between a man and a woman?"

 

 "What are they planning to do? just standing like that!"

 

 "It looks like it'll be boring. I can feel it already from now."

 

 

 Sunmi was one of the attendees and she was sitting in the front row listening to the people next to her as they kept judging them without even watching anything, making her feel disgusted. if she could laugh at them, she would because they don't know what they are about to witness.

 

 And she cannot deny that a big part inside of her felt relieved when Jennie appeared on the stage instead of Jackson. 

 

No one can match Jisoo but her.

 

 

 .  .  .  .  .

 

 

 Jennie turns her eyes away from Jisoo for the first time since she entered the stage and looks behind the stage, at the director specifically and gives him an affirmative nod as a sign to start. And by this she decides to give an answer to all those present to shush them when they see that the entire place suddenly became dark.

 

 Jennie returns her attention to Jisoo and brings her head close to her profile, next to her ear, whispering to her:

 

 "Are you going to let me do this alone?"

 

 She doesn't wait for her answer and walks away from her, passing beside her, and stands facing the audience.

 

Although she managed to control herself and demeanor well, she can feel her blood running wild inside of her veins as she gets more nervous now that she's about to meet them. When she decided to go up on the stage she didn't think of anything, with all her fears and worries, she thought of nothing but Jisoo. 

 

She's extremely nervous but this is for Jisoo.

 

 

 ️ 🎶▶Beyoncé- Youncé

 

 

Moments and the lights come back on as the song starts to declare their opening dance, and with it, Jennie's body begins to move automatically. 

The lights were dimmed on the sides of the stage, night red to white lights focused on the center of the stage.

 

 Jennie steals a glance at her side to see Jisoo is  dancing and moving in harmony with her, in a moment there they exchange looks and she doesn't prevent the side smile that forms at the corner of .

 

 The dance was exciting, hot and reflected the ual attractiveness of women according to the rhythm of the rising music, and what made it more y are the expressions of Jennie and Jisoo as they dance, and every time their hips sway, the young men raises their chants and screams, taken by the beauty of performance or rather by the beauty of the two doing it.

 

 Some of the crowd was applauding, while others were dancing along with the song, watching the performance and enjoying it. The dance was unique and new to them, and the two performing were spectacular.

 

 The dance ends with the song suddenly stopping as both stand close seductively at the end and pose.

 

 

 🎶⏸

 

 

 The lights go out again as a separator between the dances, and then Jisoo rushes behind the stage to quickly change her clothes. She wears a red dress that reaches her thighs, tight at the chest and abdomen and loose at the hip; it shows the area above the chest, collarbones, and a bit cleavage. The thin straps of the dress lay on her shoulders loosely with her hair lifted in a tight bun to show her long tuat neck.

 

 Jennie stayed in place waiting for Jisoo to come and all she did was remove her high heels and slide them aside towards the end of the stage and her hair left it down.

 

 She almost forgot how to breath once she spotted Jisoo as she returned to the stage and stood in front of her, focusing all her attention on her. 

 

She looked ethereal.

 

And this time, Jisoo stared back with the same intensity. It is not as if they were reincarnating the characters they were about to revive in the dance, they didn't need to reincarnate anything nor pretend to feel feelings that they didn't have.

 

It was all real.

 

 Jennie was looking at her with determination and a goal to make this performance unforgettable and something else had not occurred to anyone, she was looking at her and she is determined to make the name 'Kim Jisoo' the only name people will repeat this night, her eyes mirroring her heavy heart, heavy with emotions and admiration as she contemplates the goddess before her.

 

and Jisoo..?

 

Jisoo was overwhelmed with her gaze, feeling herself drowning under it, feeling it penetrating all the cells of her body, something that made her feel the chills and made her heart beat crazily against her chest.

 

 Jennie was looking at her like she's the only one here.. the only one in the world.

 

 Before their main dance begins, Jennie takes steps towards Jisoo until she is close to her and stops. The lights come back gradually and this time it was focused only on them and the rest of the place was dark. Everyone was silent looking at them with great anticipation and wonder, if a needle fell the echo would fill the entire hall.

 

 

 

 ‼️🎶 ▶ ️ El Tango De Roxanne - Moulin Rouge (lyrics)

 

 

Music begins with her calm rhythm at the beginning, and Jennie and Jisoo still staring at each other until the rhythm picks up  a little and Jennie begins to walk forward step by step by putting each foot in front of the other and Jisoo was matching, but backwards as if trying to escape, to escape from her feelings.

 

 As soon as the rhythm escalates suddenly, Jennie advances near her which allowes her to hold Jisoo by her waist and pull her eagerly, and Jisoo throws her head back as if she doesn't want to be near her, as if what they're doing is wrong but Jennie reassures her by holding her tightly with her other hand wanders gently on her neck. They never break their eye contact, not even for a second, and when they do it's when Jennie twirls Jisoo around before pulling her close again by the waist.

 

Along with the music Jennie runs her fingers slowly along Jisoo's side face as she brings her face closer to her, so close, before they both move away as the rhythm changes with Jennie's hand still on Jisoo's back. 

 

Jisoo then saunters around Jennie seductively brushing her hand over Jennie's chest, arms and back, like she was drawing a line around her body until she faces her again and drops her body to the floor when the rhythm picks up again suddenly, with one leg stretched out while the other is bended. Jennie holding her arms upwards before she pulls her back up and twirls her again with a swift move and stops, making her front meets Jisoo’s back with her face hovering over her neck as her hands walk up along Jisoo’s sides mischievously.

 

Every movement, every step, and every touch, they tell about a moment, convey a feeling.. they tell a story.

 

 Their story.

 

 When the rhythm of the music becomes fast, they dance as though they are fighting and their movements becomes aggressive, and then it calms down and the dance becomes more intimate and affectionate.  

 

They no longer feel their surroundings, the audience, or anything else.

 

 It's only them and the music.

 

 At some parts in the song, they become close to each other to the point that others think like they are about to kiss each other, and at others parts Jennie committes on appreciating the softness of Jisoo's arms, shoulders and neck, by running her hands on them, and if Jisoo's leg hooks around her waist, she doesn’t disappoint to give it the same attention.

 

She was not oblivious to the redness that had become spread on the top of Jisoo's chest, nor to her rapid heart palpitations and Jennie wasn't any better.

 

 Jennie kept controlling her body and leading the dance ideally so as not to make those watching them feel the presence of a shortage such as the absence of the man, or an inconvenience of watching the two girls together, and despite the intimate nature of the dance, she was careful not to make it look lustful or ual whatever the closeness between them. Instead, they were sending an aura of a pure attraction and passion, with a sensuality that left the crowd speechless and amazed, especially at last part of the song when the music gets more intense and Jennie lifts Jisoo by the waist and starts to spin her along with intisifying music, their eyes don't blink so that they don't miss anything, not a moment.

 

 

 🎶⏸

 

 

 

 By the time the dance ended, everyone was still silent and under the influence of what they had just seen. Jennie and Jisoo were still looking at each other intensely, in their own world, Jennie's hands on Jisoo's waist, whose arms were surrounding Jennie's shoulders and neck, clinging tightly, their forehead barely touching. Both trying to catch their breath.

 

 They did not come back to reality until one of the attendees began to clap slowly, standing up from his seat, a gesture followed by the rest until the applause and loud voices increased while the young men chant and scream Jisoo's name. they don't believe how amazing and impressive the performance was, and how no one had done it before.

 

 They move away from each other and there are only moments before the attendees begin to gradually walks up to the stage to congratulate and to express their admiration, which made them get in between Jennie and Jisoo, separating them, some of them obscured their line of sight to each other to get the attention of Jisoo.

 

 Jennie did not decide to go and leave the stage until some of them started talking to her and flooded her with questions and congratulations, and so she does that and goes out as she avoids the people and crosses from among them.

 

Jisoo was trying to keep her attention on Jennie and on the people approaching her m when she looks again at where Jennie was and doesn't find her.

 

 She looks around and her eyes scanning the crowd faces looking for her and there is still no sign of her.  Jisoo then decides to go out too to find her ignoring the attendances while giving them some shallow apologies for her inability to talk right now and go.

 

 She searches behind the stage and does not find her either, and when she strides out to the front door, the cold air that hits her body, reminds her that she is still wearing the dress and that she has to change her clothes first, and also reminds her that maybe Jennie is in the changing room.

 

 

 

 .  .  .  .

 

 

 

 Jisoo quickly changes her clothes to jeans and  a white blouse and wears a black jacket over it, opens her hair and let it to drop over her shoulders and takes the rest of her belongings; the phone, car keys and her small handbag and goes out.

 

 She heads to the other room, which was next to her room, and finds it empty. Moves away and goes to the ground floor, which at the far and isolated of its end is the back door of the building, that also opens to the parking lot, and since she did not find her at the front door, she decides this time to go from here.

 

 Jisoo walks in a hurry and dashes towards the back door, opening it forcefully, and there she is.

 

 Standing at the end of the stairs that connects the back door sill and the garage floor, her back is facing Jisoo and her hands clenched in front of her, apparently rubbing them together to get some warmth. She had already changed her clothes.

 

 When Jennie hears the door opening, she turns around and meets Jisoo, her hands pause when she sees the seriousness that fills Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo's facial expressions were straight and conveyed no glimpse of how she is feeling now, which made Jennie think that she might be angry or dissatisfied with her volunteering to perform the dance earlier.

 

And it's not true.

 

 Jisoo was actually a mess of feelings and was staring at Jennie in that way because she simply didn't know what to do or how.

 

She doesn't know what to do with this amount of emotions stirring inside of her.

 

Just tell her thank you? It's lame.

 

 Hug her?  Not enough. Not enough at all.

 

 She was feeling the loss of her words, the burning in her eyes and the heavy weight of her chest, it was heavy with the overwhelming feelings that now are possessing her.

 

 

 No one has ever done anything for her and for her person alone, no one has placed her first on top of their priorities and above all, no one has ever looked at her with the same honesty and care as Jennie does.

 

Those things that were buried deep inside and ignored, Jennie took them all out at once and this was scaring her. 

 

Scaring her because they make her weak.. because, and although she will never show it, emotions comes down at her doubled.

 

 If an accident happens to a number of people who have fallen victim, others will feel sad and wish them to rest in peace and continue in their life. As for Jisoo, she will feel that sadness double, and sometimes she may even cry before sleeping like that one time when the old cleaning lady in their company passed away, the only one who always greeted Jisoo every morning whenever she crossed in front of her.

 

It’s terrifying how much her heart can feel and notice even the smallest tiniest of gestures, acts and behaviors and gets her either emotional or hurt. And Jennie tonight showed her what she considers like an overdose of emotional.

 

 Jennie was not only performing with her, she was taking care of her too. She was careful not to touch her too violent or too sudden as if she was afraid that if she put any more pressure on her she would break.  Although she was the leader of the dance, she left the freedom for Jisoo to perform her steps as she wanted and she was following her with great openness because she wanted the focus to be on Jisoo only.

 

 

 "Jisoo, I know what I did was hasty.." Jennie starts off in a careful tone as she looks at Jisoo with anxiety, pulling her out of her thoughts.

 

 "But..hear me-"

 

 - "Let's go out of here."  Jisoo interrupts with a finality relieving Jennie from the agony of not knowing what's going on right now with her silence.

 

 Jennie must know the importance of what she has done and how much that means to her. Even if she doesn't find the right words, this night cannot end like this.

 

 Jisoo takes out the keys to her car and steps down to Jennie, takes her hand and pulls her with her on her way to find her car.

 

 "What? What about the event? They might ask you to come inside." Jennie asks in confusion as she tries not to stumble because Jisoo was dragging her behind quickly.

 

 

 - "They can go to hell."

 

 

.

 

 . 

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 

 

 Since they became on the road, neither one of them spoke a word, all the way there was silence. No uncomfortable one. In fact, it was so comfortable that Jennie began to feel a little sleepy in addition to being tired as well.

 

 It is not as though she prefers not to talk, but the calmness between them and the warmth of the car, mostly knowing that Jisoo is next to her, gives her the desire to surround and the comfort that makes her want to dive in a deep sleep.

 

 Jennie was sitting in the front seat looking at the sides of the road that they crossed by, it has been almost more than a quarter of an hour and they are still driving, she doesn't know exactly where they are heading and she did not ask Jisoo about it either because she seemed like she would not answer her anyway.

 

 Jennie turns her head to look at Jisoo and finds her still with the same serious expression. Jisoo was driving with one hand and her left hand was on the armrest of the door and Jennie have to admit that; Jisoo looks so hot while she is driving, and she means it from an observational point of view.

 

 She stares at her a little, wondering what is going on inside her head, and what caused her sudden leaving like that, and why she did not mention anything about the party or the performance. She feels that if Jisoo did not tell her on her own, it’s better not to ask her.

 

 She turns her head and looks back at the road through the glass, feeling even more drowsy. 

 

Well.. a small nap won’t hurt. 

 

 

 .  .  .  . . . . 

 

 

 Jennie opens her eyes quickly when she feels movement in her seat with her head slightly raising to find that they have stopped somewhere, in its foreground; a stone pavement surrounded by a fence of trees.

 

 

 "we have arrived."  Jisoo announces as she turns off the engine, takes a look at the lost Jennie beside her, and follows playfully:

 "Did you have a good nap?"

 

 Jisoo loves the few minutes after Jennie waking up, she looks like she's on another planet.. so adorable.

 

 Jennie turns towards her and nods weakly, she still did not wake up completely and doesn't know how long she had slept.

 

 "Good. let's get out."

 

 Jisoo says, and then climbs down of the car, followed by Jennie walking slowly with her hands in her pockets.  Looks in front of her to find themselves now walking in a path of trees, the end of which began to become clear gradually until they reach it and she feels she's walking on something smooth instead of the stone pavement.

 

 

 Jennie looks down at the ground and finds that this fine thing is nothing but sand. Her astonishment does not last long when she raises her head and looks around and understands that they are, in fact, at the beach.

 

 In spite of the darkness of the place, the distant lights of the lighthouse in the middle of the sea, fall on their place now and then, and the dim moonlight give them a simple view of their surroundings.

 

 She stands there watching Jisoo approaching the coast and stops there. Looking at the sea, the coming high winds make her hair fly backwards. Jennie advances until she stands next to Jisoo, glancing at her sometimes and sometimes looking at the sea with her attempts to keep the strands of her hair away from her face because of the wind.

 

 "So.." Jennie starts sheepishly after losing her patience and drags the last letter, "What are we doing here?"

 

 Jisoo silently giggles without raising her gaze from the sea and replies, 

 

 "This is my favorite place."

 

 It is her favorite place, but Jisoo, in fact, did not intend to come here at the beginning. She did not know where she was going, and what is this place except a final idea that came to her mind after long minutes of driving in the car. All she was thinking of was to spend as long time as possible with Jennie’s company alone.

 

"It helps me arrange my thoughts and also relax."

 

 Jisoo adds and takes a deep breath, closes her eyes for a moments and lifts her head, which ends when Jennie's chuckle reach her ears. She looks towards her and sees her looking down, still smiling.

 

 "What?"  Jisoo askes in a calm tone, squinting.

 

 - "Uh, it's nothing." 

 

Jennie stops smiling when she sees Jisoo is still furrowing in confusion, realizes that she may have misunderstood why she laughed, and begins to explain it to her, "its just.."

 

 She trails off and falls silent for a moment, thinking about the proper way to convey what she means and then elaborates,

 

"You are like a puzzle. Sometimes I feel as though I know you, as if I knew the way to solve you.."

 

 Jennie spoke calmly, raising her head at times to the sea, and at other times lowering it toward the ground. 

 

 "Other times, I get stuck and realize that I am still at the starting point, that I have not advanced in resolving anything, and that in fact I have only seen the surface layer of you." 

 

Few seconds of silence and then;

"So now I am just happy that I knew something else about you."

 

 Jisoo kept looking at her and listening silently because she knew exactly what Jennie was talking about. Because she herself made her feel this way, she herself was only showing them what she thought they wanted to see, but knowing that this is not enough for Jennie, makes her want to show her more and to try..

 

 Jisoo looks back to the sea, takes a deep breath, and then takes a side step towards Jennie and turns around at the same time to stand in front of her, facing her and surprising her a little bit.

 

 "Okay then, let me give you a hint." Jisoo begins with a playful tone as she approaches Jennie, breaking through her personal space and pausing with the expression of her face that suddenly became serious.

 

"I.. I want to be closer to you."

 

 She finishes her last phrase in a low voice, as if she's whispering a secret to Jennie, who looks like a deer that about to get hit with a car.

 

 Is this a hint?  Is this called a hint?  She's even more confused now than before!

 

 Jisoo moves away from her and begins to walk backwards step by step, wearing a mischievous expression, and Jennie notes that she is beginning to approach the wet sand and the waves that cover the coast and then return back to the sea.

 

 Before she can speak anything, she sees Jisoo stop and bend over to take off her shoe, throw it aside, and then head to the other one.

 

 "Jisoo.. what are you doing?" Jennie asks her cautiously as she steps toward Jisoo.

 "The water will hit you!"

 

 - "Have you ever experienced the feeling of walking with your bare feet on the coast in winter?" Jisoo asks after finishing taking off her shoes, and folding her jeans slightly up and below the knee.

 

 "No.. and I wouldn't want to try it because that would get us catching a cold," she says as she steps back a little, just in case.

 

 - "Oh come on! Nothing will happen. Also, there is nothing wrong with a little risk from time to time."  Jisoo encourages as she approaches the waves, all she gets is a sign of objection from Jennie.

 

 She rolls her eyes and decides to move further until the cold waves collide with her strongly, making her startle as a result of the sudden contact, and for some reason Jennie is also startled with her.

 

 Once Jisoo got accustomed to the water, she began to move freely right and left, laughing as she made small kicks in the waves and calling on Jennie to join her and also try it.

 

 "Hey, come on! It feels great!!"  Jisoo keeps calling more persistently to persuade Jennie and she appears to be about to be convinced cause her gummy smile is showing.

 

 Jennie sighs grumbling as she pulls her hands out of her pockets, bends to take off her shoes and folds her pants up her legs, she can hear Jisoo howling to encourage her and she rolls her eyes playfully.

 

 "Just for a little while!"  Jennie states in a faux seriousness as she starts getting close to the waves, ready to feel the sting of the cold water.

 

 When her feet collide with the waves finally, she winces again and more intensely than Jisoo as a sharp squeal escapes , gaining another laugh from Jisoo. Jennie quickly backs away from the waves to the dry sand.

 

 "Jisoo! It's frozen!" She whines as she makes small jumps on the sand and looks at Jisoo like a scaredy-cat .

 

 - "Just at the beginning, you will get used to it, I promise. Come on!!"

 

 Jennie sighs strongly, summoning her courage again and approaching the waves more determined. this time she manages to feel the water around her feet without escaping, wincing a bit, and as Jisoo told her, she began to cope with it.

 

Everything was peaceful and beautiful, and she was happy with the achievement she had made until she felt drops of water falling on her face, making her jump in horror.

 

 She looks at Jisoo to find her wearing a sinister smile, her hand is underwater and most likely preparing for her next attack.

 

 "Jisoo.. no."  Jennie warns her.

 

 -"Yes."  Jisoo challenges.

 

 "No!" Jennie insists and quickly changes her position when she sees that Jisoo will throw water at her direction again to avoid it.

 

 "Well, you started it!" Jennie adds as she gets ready to get back on Jisoo, more aggressively.

 

And this is what Jisoo really wanted, to bring out Jennie's competitive cute to the surface.

 

Their game with water begins, throwing water at each other, which was full of laughters and rampages. One of them attacks and then escapes for the other to pursue, seeking revenge. Chasing each other around like children, forgetting their selves in this happy little bubble of theirs, until they ended up with semi-wet clothes and have wet hair too.

 

 

 

 .  .  .  .

 

 

 

 "Ugh! I can't believe I followed you with this game."  Jennie says after getting on in the front seat of the car and brushing her hair back with her hand.

 

 

 - "But it was fun. admit it." Jisoo quips as she turnes on the engine of the car, looking at Jennie waiting for an answer from her, which she didn't give her, but her smile and the way she tried to hide it with her eye rolling as if she didn't care was enough.

 

 "We are late. Lisa and Chaeyoung must be still waiting for us."  Jennie says looking at the clock, it has passed eleven.

 

 - "Oh, we're not going home." Jisoo says nonchalantly as she drives away from the sidewalk.

 

 "What? Where are we going then?"  Jennie asks with a great curiosity with a furrowed eyebrows.

 

 Jisoo takes her eyes off the road and guides them at Jennie and replies with a smirk,

 

 

 "You'll see when we get there."

 

 

 

 ————————————

 To be continued

 ————————————

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone, sorry for the late updates. I have final exams coming so bear with me. I took a break to translate and update and I’ll dip back again temporarily after ch7. Thank you for your patience.