[2] - Under The Moonlight

Keep You Close 2 || JENSOO

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

 

 "... and we will undergo a simple daily test at the end of each lecture. Any questions?"

 

Chaeyoung raises her hand for a permission after hearing Miss Chongha's instructions.

 

 "Yes Chaeyoung."

 

 - "Can I eat during the lecture?"  Chaeyoung says with hopeful eyes.

 

 "Yes! During the rest period.." Chaeyoung's face brightens up hearing that until she hears the rest, "Which is at the end of the lecture." 

 

She says and turns to face the blackboard to begin the lesson.

 

Jaw dropped, Chaeyoung turns to Lisa, who's sitting next to her at few distance from her. She looks at her with terrified eyes as if she is asking her to do something.

 

 "I got you baby." Lisa responds with a whisper dramatically, followed by a wink.

 

 An English phrase She took from one of the movies because it looked great coming out of the actor's mouth, and Jennie explained to her what it meant.

 

There are a lot of sentences that Lisa and Chaeyoung picked up as a result of watching the movies without understanding their meaning. They neither knew how to read nor write, only understanding and figuring out what the characters are saying in the movie from the storyline.  Now that Jennie is watching movies with them too, she has been translating for some scenes for them.

 

 Yes, Jennie is that good in English.

 

 "Miss  Chongha?" Lisa starts lifting her hand, making Ms. Chongha stop and turn around to give her her full attention.

 

 - "Yes, Lisa."

 

 "Can we get a break during the lecture? Chaeyoung's functions won't work properly if she doesn't eat and when I say her functions I mean her brain's in particular and This's not a joke."

Lisa rambles in a monotone in one go, without stopping to take a breath, wearing a dead serious expression while Chaeyoung keeps nodding as she speaks.

 

Ms. Chongha falls silent for a moment, looking at them blankly, then sighs and accepts their request.  In the end, they're one of Kim Jisoo acquaintances.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 After watching several videos of the dance that Jisoo would practice along some notes from Sunmi, there were some side matters that should be discussed, one of which is Jisoo's practicing partner.

 

Tango, a dance that requires two partners to perform it, and since her partner, who is Mr. Jackson, is in Seoul and can't attend for reasons that were summed up by his phrase 'busy schedules', they agreed that each party would practice alone and meet at least a week before the event to practice together and avoid any mistakes that might occur.

 

 So Miss Sunmi had already agreed with Jackson's dance teacher on the steps and to notify each other of any change that happens in the dance.

 

Although the focus will be on Jisoo's steps in practicing, she still needs a partner to do so.  In the end, the dance depends on the consistency and harmony of both dance partners.

 

 Jennie was calm throughout all that, listening to their discussion and fighting whatever feeling that was bothering her from the inside.  She was content just watching Jisoo indulge in her passion and what she likes, dancing.  She looks very charming while doing so.

 

 "So.. do you have someone who can be your practicing partner?"  Sunmi says addressing Jisoo.

 

 -"No, there is not." Jisoo replies resting both her hands on her waist.

 

 "Well..If there isn't any, I'll be your partne-"

 

 "I can do it!" Jennie interrupts her quickly and offhandedly, jumping from her place while lifting her arm, "I will be her practicing partner."  

 

Jennie declares, though she is cursing herself from the inside because she simply hasn't done this before and most likely will be bad at it.

 

At one point while watching the videos, Jisoo showed Jennie one of them so that she could be familiar with the topics she talks about with Sunmi. A nice gesture Jennie didn't overlook, that Jisoo didn't let her feel as though she was left out.

 

 And from the video she saw, she learned that Tango is an intimate dance.

 

Surprised by Jennie's offer and confused, Jisoo stares at her furrowing, because as far as she recalls; Jennie is not good at sports and gets tired quickly.

 

 "No.. you don't have to do that." Jisoo assures her,

 

 - "It's okay, I can do it. It's not that hard," Jennie insists overly confident.

 

 It's hard, for Jennie, it's definitely hard, and she doesn't know why is still moving, it has a mind of its own!

 

 "Are you sure? It may be.."

 

 - "God Jisoo. Of course I'm sure! I really want to help. Also what might happen?" She says then lets out a few awkward chuckles.

 

 Yeah..What might happen? except that she may have a heart attack being that close to Jisoo..

 

 "Well then! It's decided!" Sunmy says, putting her hands together, "good thing, my assistant will arrive soon so we can start tomorrow."

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 In the evening, after having dinner, Jennie descends from the stairs as it's time to watch movies with Lisa and Chaeyoung. Her secretly favorite time.

 

She heads to the living room to find Jisoo sitting on the sofa, her arm resting around Lisa's shoulder, which in turn was resting her head back on Jisoo's side while Chaeyoung was sleeping on Lisa's thigh.

 

 It's a really nice sight, had it not been for some of feelings that prevent Jennie from thinking of it as a sight in the first place.

 

Wait..  Jisoo is here?  What is she doing here? Thought she's still working.

 

 "Jisoo?"

 

 Jisoo raises her head towards Jennie upon hearing her name.

 

 "Jennie! Just in time! Come, we just put it on a play." Jisoo invites her enthusiastically.

 

 - "Oh yeah.. umm you're here tonight? It's rare to see you outside the office."

 

 Jennie's tone was gentle because she's genuinely curious and didn't want it to sound like she didn't want her here.

 

 Jisoo on the other hand, listening to Jennie, for a moment there She noticed how Jennie's gaze changed from her to her arm that was resting around Lisa, and then returned back to her.

 

 And for some reasons she herself doesn't know, she removes her arm and returns it to her side.

 

 "I took a break tonight!" Says Jisoo, patting the empty space next to her.

 

 Jennie seems unaware of her facial expressions because now she is definitely look more brightened than when she came.

 

 "Jennie! the lights!"  Lisa asks her suddenly when she saw her on her way to sit down, taking advantage of her standing to turn the lights off.

 

 

 . . . . . . . .

 

 

 Half of the movie has passed, and now Lisa and Chaeyoung are next to each other, terrified, each embracing a pillow waiting for what the killer will do next and who will be his next victim.  It was Jisoo's idea to watch an unusually a horror movie instead of Disney movies.

 

Jisoo steals a look at Jennie, who's beside her, and furrows in confusion, seeing her smiling while watching the movie.  It's strange because what is happening now is not funny at all; the hero, his leg was literally torn off, the cry of his beloved filled the place and Lisa Chaeyoung their spirit about to ascend to heavens.

 

What surprised her the most was that she expected Jennie to be the most scared person now.

 

 Her mind seems to be somewhere else..

 

interesting.

 

" last time I checked, it was a horror movie."

 

Jisoo whispers, near Jennie's ear so that she could pull her out of her thoughts, extending her neck a bit. Jennie stops smiling immediately as she turns her head to face Jisoo.

 

 'Wrong move!'

 

 She shouldn't have turned her head because her face now is so close to Jisoo's face.

 

'So close.'

 

 It may have become like this because she decided to sit close to Jisoo, to the extent that her arm rests against Jisoo's arm.

 

 "What?"  Jennie whispers back after moments of silence and stares at Jisoo's eyes - she was staring at another part as well, but she prefers to ignore it for now.

 

 - "Do you find the killer funny? Maybe the director shouldn't have made him chase people wearing the kitchen apron."  Jisoo jokes amusedly.

 

 It takes a moment before Jennie gets to catch what Jisoo means, gaining a faint chuckle from Jisoo over her reaction and her realization facial expressions.

 

 "Oh, it's nothing. Let's just watch the movie!"  Jennie says faking annoyance and nudges Jisoo's shoulder with her shoulder and returns her attention back to the movie.

 

 When she feels  Jisoo's attention is back to the movie, she returns back to smiling, this time resting her head on Jisoo's shoulder and wrapping her arm around Jisoo's arm.

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 Both Jisoo and Jennie in the dance room listening to Sunmi explaining and showing of the first steps of the dance while applying them with her assistant. All were dressed in comfortable sportswear, Jisoo left her hair open and so did Sunmi while Jennie wrapped her hair in a messy bun.

 

 Jennie was focused entirely on what Sunmi is saying and how her assistant performed the steps. Since she was taking the role of the dance leader who supports and directs their partner - which takes on the role of the follower - in dance, her steps were not that difficult compared to the steps that Jisoo would perform. And in any case, both roles should appear to be harmonious and complete.

 

 "Tango is an expression of emotion, but in the language of dance." Sunmi says as she saunters around, "It's a duet dance, which requires close communication and passion between the two partners. It depends on the chemistry between the two parties and how they convey that chemistry to people through the dance." 

 

She stops and looks at them.

 

 "There are many types of tango and the type we will do is the one in which we start moving our legs first and then our upper part, the close-embrace type.

 

 Since in our case, both parties are strangers to each other, I mean Miss Jisoo and Mr. Jackson.  What we have to do is pretend like we have that attraction.

 

 And here lies the difficulty, Jisoo, if you succeeded in making me feel what you feel even though it's not real, then we can say that you have mastered the dance. " she finishes looking at her and Jisoo nods knowingly, to then she asks them to take their positions in preparation for the first steps. 

 

 Jisoo approaches Jennie and stands in front of her until her body comes into contact with a Jennie's body slightly and puts her hands on Jennie's shoulder while at the same time Jennie put her hand at the end of Jisoo's back and left the other hand free, both look at the other's eyes.

 

 Now Jennie is supposed to remain still while Jisoo moves her legs in a spiral pattern, swaying her waist without moving her upper part, as if Jennie is supporting Jisoo's upper part too.

 

Jennie's conclusion about the dance when she watched it in the video wasn't wrong, this is an intimate dance in the full sense of the word.

 

Learning the steps wasn't a problem for Jennie, performing them smoothly wasn't a problem for her.. the problem and what hindered Jennie was the excessive thinking and eagerness to perform the steps perfectly and to not hinder Jisoo in her training.

 

 And, the fact that Jisoo is so close to her, looking at her directly with dreamy eyes is not helpful at all.

 

 She knows this is what Sunmi asked them to do, to pretend, but the way Jisoo is looking at her.. seems so real.

 

Initially Jennie succeeded and stayed on the required path, but later her nervousness overcame it, which made the rest of the lesson either failing the steps or delaying in completing them,and inconsistent with Jisoo's steps.  The more she made a mistake and decided to focus more, the more she got them wrong.

 

 She began to feel as though, instead of helping Jisoo, she became dependent on her. She was very embarrassed, especially after the show she put yesterday, offering to help her.  She wants to take back her words and leave it to Sunmi, but her pride prevents her from doing so. She knows that she is able to control it, but she doesn't know what happened her.

 

 

 "Water?"

 

 Jisoo interrupts her thoughts as she hands her a bottle of water and lies beside her on the floor of the room. the lesson is over and Sunmi and her assistant have left, no one else but them remained in the room.

 

 "Sorry for running today's practice," Jennie says as she takes the bottle, opens it and starts taking large jugs of it.

 

 "It's all right. It's your first time so it's normal for this to happen," Jisoo assures her.

 

 - "I know..it's just.." Jennie sighs as she looks into the void and digresses more determined,"I will do my best."

 

 "I know you will." Jisoo says, giving Jennie a proud smile.

 

 

 .  .  . . . . . . 

 

 

Sitting on the chair of the diagonally, resting his elbow at the armchair  while resting his cheek on the palm of his hand, Matthew looks restlessly toward the nurse, who is now cleaning his father's wounds.

 

 The doctor told him that his father was shot with two bullets, one of which didn't reach him and the other penetrated the area between his ribs but didn't hit any vital organs despite some minor rib fractures. Had it not been for that booklet, he would have been rotting in the grave by now.

 

 After finishing her work, the nurse heads out and Matthew adjusts his sitting watching his father take a deep breath to relax.

 

 "You didn't catch him yet, did you?"  His father starts bitterly.

 

 

 - "I.." Matthew trails off, after falling silent for a moment.

 

 

 "Don't bother,  I knew relying on you won't lead to a result. I just called you to let you know.."

 

 

 - "let me know what?"

 

 His father lifts the mobile phone off the table next to the bed and presses some buttons before he raises it to his ear and follows, "In such cases, we must resort to other procedures.. to more efficient people than my dear son." He says sarcastically, 

 

 "People who get the job done.."

 

 - He cuts off his conversation with Matthew to talk to the other party on the phone.

 

 "You can come now." He adds simply before hanging up.

 

Surprised by his father's call, Matthew gets up right away furrowing.

 

 "What are you talking about? What people you mean?" 

 

Moments of silence pass staring at his father before he hears the sound of knocking on the door, after which it opens and a medium-sized, muscular man with foreign features and blue eyes enters.

 

 As soon as Matthew sees him, he scoffs, almost like a laugh.. a short, sarcastic laugh.

 

 Of course, he'll call him!

 

Jonathan.

 

 "Matthew, It's been a long time. How are you, my brother?"  Jonathan says with a smile.

 

 - "Oh, spare me!" Matthew dismisses angrily, "No need to act, Jonathan. We both didn't miss the other and I'm not your brother!" 

 

 "Matthew!" His father tells him off with a warning tone, "I thought you had grown up!But you're still that annoying kid! How could you talk to your brother talk like that?"

 

 

 Matthew sighs and exhales a long breath as he tries to conceal his anger. Things have become very complicated now, if he was trying to buy time by procrastination to distract his father's attention, now that Jonathan has come, he will be more restricted. The more he tries to clean his way up to Jisoo, the more dirt show up and now he must stay away from her more than ever, at least until he finds another solution.

 

 Ignoring his father's calls to him, he strides out of the room in anger, closing the door forcefully.

 

 

 "Matthew!" Jonathan's voice calling him coming from behind stops him. 

 

 He takes a breath to calm himself down and turns back around to face Jonathan.

 

 -"what do you want?"

 

 "Before I came to the hospital, I did some investigation." Jonathan starts walking towards him cautiously, "Few men saw you talking to the man who shot my father. The man who claimed to be the driver for that night."

 

Matthew knew then that no matter what he answers, Jonathan wouldn't believe him, he has that judgmental look that proves the charge against you no matter what you do or say, the look that tells you that you are a liar in every word you utter. Yet Matthew had to answer him in some way.

 

 -"So?!" 

 

 "So?"

 

 - "And so what if I spoke to him? I talk to all the drivers. Since I had never seen him before and it was clear that he was new to work, I told him the directions and explained to him his job."

 

 Listening to Matthew, Jonathan kept his expressions straight and his gaze sharp, although he positively nodded as though he was convinced by Matthew's words, but Matthew knows that he didn't believe him, not even one letter.

 

 "Why didn't you go with him then?"

 

 Matthew laughs fakely to hide his discomfort and follows, "Are you really asking me this? Unbelievable."

 

 "I'm just wondering," Jonathan adds very calmly, as always.

 

 "Because I didn't want to leave the party early, that simple, and also Jonathan you don't have to assign yourself to this investigator's role...

 

 I will find the man and I will bring him to you. I assure you that I will!" 

 

Matthew says and begins to walk his way out when he stops and turns back again to add, "One more thing, Jonathan. Stop this play. Whatever you do.. Whatever dirty work you do for my father, you will never become his real son and you won't become my brother. The mirror is enough to remind you of that."

 

 

 .  .  . . . . . 

 

 

Once Matthew is out from the hospital, he receives a call by unknown number, and he already knows the identity of the caller before even answering.

 

 "Perfect timing!" He mutters before picking it up and answers cynically, / "I thought you no longer wanted the rest of your money," 

 

"Now I want it." 

 

 "Of course! I had been waiting for your call since you successfully completed the mission," Matthew says, pretending to be satisfied and calm.

 

"I will send you the address later from another number." \

The man informs him and hangs up immediately after.

 

 "Take your time,  I'm not in a hurry at all," Matthew mutters to himself with a sinister smile on his face.

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 🎶 ▶ ️ Jaymes Young - Come Back For Me

 

 

 

  Matthew arrives at the sent address with some men after telling them that he knew the location of the man via his own source.

 

 The show that he's about to put on must be convincing to get rid of this problem once and for all.

 

He commands the men to hide around the secluded hut, at a distance from it and behind the trees so that the man doesn't notice them and only interfere if the situation inside the hut is severe or if the man tries to run away.

 

 Matthew walks toward the hut with steady steps, looking around as if he is checking that there's no one.  Knocks on the door once he reaches it by the rhythm of four knocks, and between the two knocks he pauses for seconds, a signal between them.

 

 Moments pass and the door opens, Matthew enters and closes the door behind him and looks around; The hut was at an altitude from the ground level, separated from it by a wooden staircase.

 

The hut contains windows that are closed with wood bars, between each piece of them there's a suitable distance, which makes seeing-through is impossible and at the same time allowing light to enter it.  Inside the hut there's wide space, enough for two people to wander around and in front of him there is an old and worn-out couch on which the man is sitting, separated from him by a medium height table and to his left there was a bed and some wooden chairs.

 

 "Money," the man begins with a cold serious tone.

 

 "I see you don't waste any time, good," Matthew says, nodding as he looks around knowingly. He slides his hand inside his coat, pulls out an envelope, and puts it on the table. 

 

Sitting straight and bending his upper part, the man extends his hand and takes the envelope. His eyesight doesn't leave Matthew, who was looking at the edges of the hut with boredom and indifference.

 

 When the man sees that there is nothing strange, he turns his gaze to the envelope and once he does, Matthew focuses his gaze on him.

 

 "Good job, by the way," Matthew says with a skeptical tone, and the man nods slowly as he begins to count the money.

 

 "I don't undertake any mission that I cannot guarantee my success in," the man proudly says and Matthew has to admit that some people are really ridiculous.

 

The jokes write themselves.

 

 "another thing.." 

 

 Matthew starts as he takes out the pistol smoothly, on which it was fitted with a supresser, placed in his belt behind his back where he was hiding it while the man was busy counting the money, "In the next mission.."

 

 The man raises his gaze toward Matthew, and before he could understand what is happening, the pistol was already aimed at him. His eyes widens and before he could do anything, Matthew shots him twice; one in his heart and the other one in the lungs, making him drop dead at the spot.

 

He has always been good at aiming and identifying the vital areas that kill a person and the areas that leave them in pain without dying.

 

 "This is how you kill someone,

 

 Oh it seems you won't be able to hear me now." He finishes with mockery.

 

 If he has learned anything from his father, it's his cold-blooded killing, something he does only when necessary.

 

 He removes the supresser, puts the weapon on the table, takes the envelope, returns the money inside it and puts it back in his coat. Removes a glove from his hand and directs it close to his face

 

 "It's showtime," he mumbles before hitting his face with a strong punch, he has to make some traces of resistance. Another punch in order to make sure there is swelling around his face.

 

 He re-wears his gloves and rubbes his jaw in pain, that was an exaggerated strong punch. 

 

It's okay though, it was necessary.

 

'Aah'

 

 The things he does for love. Well.. his one-sided love. 

 

For now, he hops.

 

 Matthew begins to make a fuss by breaking the table and chairs and ends it with two fire shots all over the place. Once the men hears the sounds of the gunshot, they rush to the hut, and before reaching the door, Matthew comes out, pretending to walk exhaustedly out of pain.

 

 "Quickly.. take him and put him in the car!"  He orders in a serious and angry tone as he passes by them towards his car.

 

 It was a great show!

 

 🎶⏸

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 It's passed midnight and time now is 2:25 PM, Jennie is still awake or rather didn't get a minute sleep.  In fact, she isn't really aware of anything, maybe she fell asleep a little, but she feels that she was awake the whole time. You know..the annoying kind of sleep in which your eyes sleep, but your mind stays awake.

 

Perhaps if she could silence her mind or silence her thoughts, she would have had a good hours of sleep.  She can't stop worrying about tomorrow and whether she will also ruin it. A trait she hates in herself, that she worries so much!

 

 No.

 

 She exaggeratedly worries.

 

 Since staying in her room won't lead to anything, she decides to go to the first floor, perhaps some water and a walk in the garden will help her.

 

 She gets up from her bed, walks to the door, and exits, completing her walk to the wing door.  Everything's dimly and quiet and what was softening it was the moonlight that permeated through the windows.

 

 She goes down to the first floor and heads towards the kitchen and to the refrigerator in particular. She opens the refrigerator and closes her eyes for seconds as a result of the sudden light of the refrigerator lamp, takes a bottle of water, opens it, and drinks a small dose of water.  She closes The refrigerator without returning the water bottle, as she will take it with her.

 

 As soon as she turns around, she gets startled by the ghost who appeared in front of her out of nowhere, along with a short, sharp and terrified cry, causing the bottle of water to fly through the air, as the water fell on the ground and on her face.

 

 Well.. now that she has calmed down a little, that wasn't a ghost.

 

 In front of her is Jisoo, sitting on one of the chairs attached to the table that is in the middle of the kitchen. She was directing the light of her phone on her face from below to look more scary, which now she's holding her stomach from laughing so hard over Jennie's reaction.

 

 Yes.. she can laugh all she want.. deserved.

 

"Jisoo! When did you come here? You scared the out of me!" Jennie exclaims as she takes steady breaths to calm herself.

 

 - "Yes, I noticed." Jisoo mocks and laughs again.

 

 "Jisoo!" Jennie grumbles.

 

 - "Okay..okay.. I will stop." She says, but Jennie is still pouting awaiting for an answer and Jisoo follows calmly, " I was here from the beginning, you just didn't notice."

 

 "What? Really?  I didn't see anything!"

 

 - "Obviously! The place was dark, you would be startled no matter what I do."

 

 "I will get back at you one day," Jennie promises, pretending to be angry.

 

 - "As you say!" Jisoo dismisses playfully, "So, what made you come down at this time?"

 

 "I couldn't sleep.  you?"

 

 - "Nightmares." Jisoo answers simply with a smile and turns her head away making Jennie look at her furrowing.

 

 Kim Jisoo has nightmares?

 

 "What kind of nightmares?"  Jennie asks, her tone filled with worry.

 

 - "Hmm.. like any nightmares that are not logical and you don't know why you dreamed of them in the first place," Jisoo assures her.

 

 Jennie nods and turns her gaze at the garden through the window. Despite the darkness of the night, the moonlight and the cool cold air at this time makes it perfect.

 

 "How about a little bit of wandering around outside?" Jennie asks as she dry her face with her sleeve and Jisoo answers her by getting up from her seat and heads toward the back garden. Jennie follows her after picking up the bottle and placing it on the table.

 

 They step into the back garden and stand in the middle of it, one meter away or less from each other.  The trees were swaying with the air in a wonderful harmony, and every breeze breathed in through their lungs, brings them back to life.

 

 Jennie steals a look at Jisoo to see her with her head lifted up, eyes closed and a faint smile on her face, taking deep breaths and relaxing as her face welcomed the moonlight. Wearing pajamas and a cardigan.

 

  And she looks beautiful, like every time Jennie's eyes falls on her.

 

 She doesn't know why, but at the moment, curiosity hit her to ask Jisoo something that just came to her mind.

 

 "Jisoo.."

 

 - "Hmm?" Jisoo lets out without opening her eyes.

 

 "Is this dance important to you?"

 

 Jisoo now opens her eyes as her facial expression goes blank.

 

She told Jennie in advance about the annual party that is taking place at the end of December, meaning seven weeks from now, and that her dance performance was for that party.  A party attended by all the prestigious families with large companies to show off between them and to maintain the optimal social image and even simple families, if they make a very beautiful performance, that will earn them a reputation and fame among the prestigious companies, and thus the opportunities for cooperation and business prosperity will grow.

 

 They were all superficial things and for a certain benefit, she didn't tell her what she herself feels about doing this dance, so it was a surprising question for her.

 

 -"I don't know.." Jisoo falls silent, as if she's thinking about whether it's important or not,

"Kind of. For me, I love to dance and learning a new dance is something I enjoy but I don't like those gatherings, it makes me feel fake.."

 

 Jennie was nodding, listening to Jisoo, even though Jisoo wasn't looking at her and it didn't bother her.  Jisoo was talking about herself for the first time and Jennie had no intention of interrupting her or stopping her because at that moment she realized that she knew nothing about Jisoo and her life.

 

"People who only care about appearances and social standing will judge you unless you meet their criteria.

 

 Being a daughter of one of those families, makes me feel responsible for maintaining the image they have kept over the past years.

 

 So yes, it is important, but not to the degree that makes it a matter of life and death.  Because, in fact, I would like to show them that their party, which they honor so much, even an illegitimate girl, can perform in it and surpass them at that. "

 

 Jisoo finishes her words with a smile and turns her gaze at Jennie who has been silent the whole time.

 

 They stare at each other for a while before Jennie takes notice of herself and lowers her gaze. She was thinking about what Jisoo said and started feeling guilty. What was she thinking? she can't help her in practicing because she would ruin it for her again and she doesn't want that, not after hearing that.

 

 "Jisoo, I.. my decision was rushed. Maybe it would be better if you practiced with Sunm-"

 

 - "You think too much, Jennie."

 Jisoo interrupts her firmly when she knows where Jennie's talk is heading to.

 

 Jennie looks up at her, with wonder.

 

 "It's just a dance.. like any other dance, you should enjoy it." Jisoo starts as she begins to saunter toward Jennie, spins around, waving her arms in the air slowly imitating ballet dancers, "If anyone has to worry about mastering the dance, then it's me."

 

She Stops spinning and faces Jennie, smiles when she sees that Jennie still didn't catch what she means.

 

 "You know?  Love doesn't necessarily exist between lovers only." She starts again, "It can be found in many forms, the best ones are those that are created spontaneously.  You can dance with your father and others will feel the strong bond between you, and the connection that made everyone who sees you know that you are a father and his daughter." She pauses and digresses, "Well.. I mean, the natural, caring parent. No offense."

 

 Jennie chuckles softly and shakes her head slowly as if she were saying "it's okay", and it really is okay. Jennie is no longer influenced by her past, she doesn't avoid mentioning it and it no longer hurts her and all she feels about is sorry.  A change she welcomed with generosity. 

 

 "Here.. come.."

 

 Jisoo lifts one of her hands and lowers the other one, an invitation to Jennie to get close.  Jennie happily accepts her invitation and places her hand on the raised hand of Jisoo and places the other hand on her shoulder while Jisoo's other hand lands on Jennie's waist.

 

 "Let's do the usual dance, for example." Jisoo starts to sway right and left slowly, and Jennie follows along, both looking at each other sensually, "Imagine now that your favorite song is playing, a song that fills you with emotions. It doesn't have to be a song, any music will do.. you can even create your own music in your mind."

 

Jisoo says playfully keeping her tone calm and relaxed.

 

 "And when you do that;  Imagine being with that particular person, the one who will give your favorite song a special flavor and make you love it even more, the person who makes every song your favorite song even if you don't like it." 

 

A faint smile forms on Jennie's face as she becomes engulfed in Jisoo's words.

 

"To be happy not because you're dancing and enjoying your time, but because you are with that person."

 

 - "Do you have that kind of person in your life?" Jennie asks with much interest in Jisoo's talk that really filled her with great curiosity.

 

 Jisoo stops swaying making Jennie stop too and falls silent for moments before answering as her gaze becomes more warm and tender,  "I'm looking at them right now."

 

 Did Jennie also mention how Jisoo has the ability to say the right thing at the right time?

 

 How does that make the heat rise up to her neck, ears and face? leaving her speechless for moments, and now she hopes the moonlight won't expose her cheeks' redness and her shyness.

 

 Apparently, it did.. because now there is a wide smile invading Jisoo's face ooking at her.

 

 However, this made Jennie realize something important,

 

The way Jisoo looked at her previously during the lesson was real because it is actually real. The whole time Jisoo wasn't pretending, she was looking at the person who was making her happy.  She was looking at her.

 

 Jennie makes her happy.

 

  She didn't know that Jisoo kept her such a place in her heart and doesn't know why because she hadn't yet given her anything that could be mentioned.  On the contrary, Jisoo is the one who did.

 

 

 🎶 ▶ ️ Goblin OST- Stay With Me (Punch, Chanyeol)

 

 

 Jennie is no longer hesitant, she knows exactly what she has to do. She has to let Jisoo know that she feels the same way toward her and even doubled. 

 

 She backs away, making confusion invades Jisoo's face, that soon disappears and turns to realization when Jennie approaches her again, reversing their dance roles by putting her hand on the end of Jisoo's back and pulling her closer towards her body.

 

 Jisoo knew then that Jennie is doing the first steps of  the dance. The way she looks is different now, more determined, more confident and her eyes that were doubtful and anxious, became sharp, brighter and more assure.

 

 Jennie didn't stay still as she supposed to and began to perform the full steps she had seen in the lesson beforehand as it was supposed to be performed at the event.  It seems that she was memorizing all the steps, even the ones that aren't required from her.

 

 No music..no audience.. Jennie leads the dance and leaves the choice for Jisoo whether to follow her or not, which in turn was following her with great delight. They Become inside their own world making their own show lead by the beat of their hearts.

 

In one moment she smoothly moved her hand from the back of Jisoo to her neck, leaving their bodies moving in perfect harmony without breaking their eye contact.

 

Jennie ends the dance by pulling Jisoo towards her like how it started the first time, but with more force, pushing Jisoo to hang onto her neck.

 

 

 🎶⏸

 

 

 "Jisoo.." Jennie lets out, both of them breathing heavily, "I think I knew who I should think of.."

 

 Jisoo smiles mischievously at that.

 

 She may have an idea of ​​who Jennie means, but she doesn't want to show it because she might be wrong, and then she will be disappointed, so she just moves away from Jennie, freeing herself from the death grip on her waist.

 

 She steps backwards, looking at Jennie, still smiling as she adds, "good."

 

 Jisoo turns around and starts walking, intending to go back inside when two arms surrounds her from the back, making her stop.

 

 "Jennie?"

 

 "I'm hungry," Jennie declares with a baby tone, putting her head on Jisoo's shoulder and pouting.

 

 "All I know is how to make a peanut butter sandwich. Would that help you?" Jisoo says playfully playing along with her childish behavior.

 

 "Sounds great!"  She answers enthusiastically.

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 The next day, the change was evident over their practice.  In fact, it was very good and the lesson went smoothly and successfully, it didn't take long for them to learn the new steps and perform them optimally.

 

 Sunmi has to acknowledge that throughout her dance lessons she hadn't seen a duo with a high chemistry between them and showing a perfect complement and harmony such as Jisoo and Jennie. The aura that they send is not underestimated, but she will keep this information to herself for now.

 

 Three weeks pass by, Jisoo has mastered the dance and even suggested that another short dance should be added before her main dance and she also mastered it with Jennie as her practicing assistant.

 

 Lisa and Chaeyoung, on the other hand, their ability to write and read improved a lot in addition to some basic subjects such as mathematics and English.  They're fast learners and pretty smart although they still need to continue studying more and more.

 

 As usual in December, the weather is getting cold and in some nights the snow falls, and tonight is one of them.

 

 Jisoo and the girls in the garden, originally were in a mission to make a snowman, after Lisa had convinced Jisoo that the snow is thick and sufficient for that, which later she discovered that Lisa only wanted to play and now they are in the midst of a snowball fight.

 

 Lisa actually started to regret her decision to form a team with Jennie against Jisoo and Chaeyoung.  She had to know from last time that Jisoo and Jennie should not be put against each other because Jennie's competitive is currently using her as a human shield against Jisoo's , thanking the Lord that what Jisoo is hitting her with is just a snowball, otherwise she would make a hole in her body for the strength of the .

 

She literally wants to bring down Jennie at all costs, even if it was Lisa's precious head.

 

The intensity of the fight increases and doesn't stop until one of the balls hits Min Yoo in the head, who has just arrived carrying an envelope with his hand.

 

 "Min Yoo! I'm sorry! Are you okay?"  Jisoo rushes to him.

 

 - "Uh, don't worry..it's nothing." Min Yoo says brushing off the snow off his hair, "I came to hand this over to you, it was sent to you, " he adds while handing the envelope.

 

 Jisoo takes the envelope, opens it, and extracts a piece of paper.  Silence reigns as Jisoo reads the contents of the letter, and as soon as she finishes, she folds it back and returns it inside the envelope.

 

 "Jisoo? Did something happen?"  Jennie anxiously asks when Jisoo remains silent, staring at the void.

 

 Jisoo turnes her gaze at the girls and smiles,

 

"Tomorrow we're all going to do some shopping." She informs them enthusiastically.

 

The girls furrow in confusion, look at each other for a moment then look back at Jisoo who's still wearing the same relaxed expression.

 

 

 "We're going to Seoul!"

 

 

 ———————————————

 To Be Continued

 ———————————————-