[33] - Confession

Keep You Close 2 || JENSOO

A/N: Hi there, long time no see :) i know i know and I'm sorry. I've been dealing with a lot, the good news is that I finally graduated college. Yay! 

Anyways here's your update ♥️ 
Thanks a lot for all the lovely comments, I appreciate it a lot, thanks for your patience too.

*PS: if you forgot the story, then just skim the last two chapters, or don't, your choice.

——————————
Chapter 33

 

 

 "Jisoo?"  Once she approaches Jisoo, Nayeon says in an exhausted, questioning tone. Stopping in front of Jisoo and surprising her.


Jisoo keeps looking at her in shock for a short while, then turnes her head to the other side, sighing helplessly.

 Just what she needed!

"What are you doing here?"  Nayeon asks while catching her breath, taking a seat next to Jisoo.


 - "Nayeon.." Jisoo begins with a stiff tone as she turns to Nayeon. "What brought you to Busan? "

 "Oh, my grandfather's house is here, we came to spend the holiday." She replies casually while still looking quizzically. "What about you?"


 -"for the same reason."  Jisoo simply answers and sighs as she looks at the sea through squinted eyes as the wind blew towards them.

Nayeon stares at her suspiciously for a moment and follows,"Hmmm.. it doesn't seem to me that you are ok.. Did something happen?"


Jisoo takes a deep breath, exhales and tries to brush her off, "Nothing Nayeon.. Just continue on your way."


 "Hmmm.." Nayeon hums thoughtfully, still looking at Jisoo with curiosity, and her features conceal a mischievous smile. "Just for your information, it may not seem like it, but I'm very good at giving tips.."

She says and Jisoo looks at her ironically and in disbelief before looking the other way.

"Especially.." She stresses in a low, provocative tone, bringing her head closer. "When it comes to relationships." 

She pulls her head back as she looks at Jisoo wittily, waiting for her reaction.

"Ok.. as you like."  Nayeon says indifferently when Jisoo remains silent, staring distantly, and wanders to get up.

 "My best friend kissed me."  Jisoo blurts out before Nayeon could stand up fully and Jisoo rolls her eyes at her own words.

Kissed?

It was more like a 'make out session'.

 "Now we're talking.." Nayeon quips as she adjusts in her seat quickly, and turns to Jisoo. "So..?" she urges, looking at Jisoo with expectancy, wanting more clarification.


 "You heard me."  Jisoo replies dryly, giving her side looks.

 - "Yes. I mean, what's the problem with that?"  She questions, nodding her head in wonder.

 "I just said it.  Sh— He is my best friend." She says, turns her head to the other side, and sighs with relief because she caught herself at the last second.

 - "I mean? It's just a kiss. Just ignore it and move on with your lives." Nayeon concludes, shrugging her shoulders carelessly.

 "Uh.." Jisoo trails off with a stressed tone as she looks around sheepishly.

 - "Two kisses?"

"Umm.."

-"three?"

"Well.."

-", have you slept together?"

"What? No! Also, did you just called me a ?" She asks incredulously.

-"Anywaays.. then what? Just kisses?"

 "Um yeah.. something like that.." Jisoo evasively tells her, nodding her head.

 Nayeon stares at her suspiciously for a long time, but doesn't dwell on it and digresses, "What did you do next?"

 - "Nothing. We didn't talk about anything afterwards. basically I went out early today and didn't see he— him since then. "

She says, and Nayeon's eyelids narrow as she grows more skeptical and curious as she looks at Jisoo from the side.

 "So.. you just ran away."

 "I didn't run away!" Jisoo quickly protests as she turnes to her, pauses a little and follows in a helpless tone as she turnes her head the other way, "I just.. I just wanted to rearrange my thoughts. I don't want to hurt her feelings by ignoring them, and I can't act as if nothing had happened."

 "And you think your disappearance this way won't hurt her?"

 - "I know, but she is—"

She says as she turns to look at Nayeon and immediately stops when she realizes what she just said and Nayeon's last question, and from the knowing looks Nayeon is giving her, she knows she has been.. exposed.

 "Don't worry. your secret is in safe hands."  Nayeon assures in a faint playful tone as she leans closer to Jisoo before sitting back upright in her spot, while Jisoo just turns her head to the other side helplessly.

Great!  Nothing has started yet and she already has a secret to hide.

 Wait.. does she want to start anything?

"So it's clear that she has feelings for you, however, the question is.." Nayeon begins, to attract Jisoo's attention since she was silently staring into the void. "Do you have feelings for her?" She questions, focusing on Jisoo.

 - "Of course! She's my best fr—"

 "I mean in a romantic way."  Nayeon quickly interrupts with a tired tone.

 Jisoo stares silently at her with straight expressions, turnes her gaze towards the sea as she answers, "I don't know.."

 - "Yeah yeah.." Nayeon adds sarcastically as she nods, "You don't know or you're not sure?"

She teases and Jisoo remains silent, not knowing what to say. Nayeon sighs as she turns her gaze to the side and returns it to Jisoo and starts again, "Well, what do you feel when you think of her?"

 Jisoo turns her head to her, looking at her with full attention, her eyes full of various emotions.

 'everything.'

"Ok ok.. let's change the question."

Nayeon goes on when Jisoo remains silent, "When she kissed you, did you feel the urge to push her away?"

 - "Uh.. no.. i mean..it's complicated, I don't think that determines whether I love her in a romantic way or not."

 Nayeon is silent as she looks at Jisoo with amusement, her features masking a knowing smile.

"Hmmm.. right.." Nayeon says understandingly, nodding slowly. "Imagine, if one of your other close friends did that, would you feel the same?"She adds, and Jisoo looks at her with disgusted and surprised expressions, imagining if Lisa or even Chaeyoung did.

 Hell no! 

Even thinking about it makes her want to slap Nayeon for putting that thought inside her mind.

 And Nayeon got her answer, so she asks her another question.

"Now imagine you are in a more 'intimate' situation with her." She says and makes quoting marks with her fingers while lowering her tone.

"Would you feel weird?  disgust?  Or something like that? "

Jisoo stays silent as she stares at the ground with frowning eyebrows.  As soon as Nayeon put the idea of her and Jennie in her mind, intimately, she felt the heat climbing up her neck and ears, and her stomach clenching in a knot.

 "No.. that.. that isn't right. we can't."  Jisoo mumbles, slowly shaking her head.

Nayeon keeps staring at her silently, smiling to herself with a knowing smile, she looks towards the sea while silence fills the space between them. Looking back at Jisoo, she says, "Then there's nothing to think about."

Having Jisoo's attention to look at her, she elaborates,"Tell her. Tell her that you don't feel the same way about her. Yes, she will be hurt.. she will cry for a few days, but she will forget as time passes by and will get over it."

She pauses as she stares at Jisoo, who's staring at her with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"And those lips that you rejected today will find another."

Nayeon watched her carefully, how Jisoo's expression fall slightly and how her eye twitched as she said it.

"She will find another person and she will fall in love with them.. and whatever happened will become a fleeting memory."

"When she finds her happy ending with her new life partner, you will be standing next to her applauding and smiling.. right?''

She finishes staring at Jisoo while Jisoo lowers her head little by little, staring into the distance with expressions of realization, pain and terror.

 "But you already know the answer, don't you Jisoo?" Nayeon adds in whisper as she turns her head towards Jisoo. "You're just scared to face it."

Sitting upright, she looks at Jisoo with helplessness and sympathy. Sighing, she stands up.

 "It was nice to meet you here," Nayeon says, putting the headphones back in her ear. "Catch you next time. "

 She smiles softly and goes back to jog as she continues her path, while Jisoo remains silently staring at the ground.

 

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

🎶▶️ Sarah Cothran - As the world caves in

Jennie enters their room, closes the door, and leans back on it, staring at the room in exhaustion and with wilted expressions. Turning away from the door, she starts to walk with heavy steps, sits on the edge of the bed from the side where Jisoo sleeps, and stares ahead.

As her eyes wander in the room, her gaze falls at a book on the nightstand, the one Jisoo reads before bed sometimes.

She reaches out and takes the book and places it in one hand while with the other, she caresses the cover with the tip of her finger and slowly runs it over the title, which reads 'Shoko's smile'

She smiles weakly as she remembers their moments when she was in the hospital, and her smile gradually fades as she returns to reality, bit by bit.

Jennie is fully aware of what position she might had put Jisoo in by kissing her, and she hates the fact that she put her before a difficult choice; to distance herself.

Because Jisoo loves her so much and their friendship is all she has, and now she is forced to give it up because the other one feels more than that, and it's a great injustice.

Because Jennie couldn't pretend anymore.. she couldn't hide her feelings any longer.. she overflowed in the middle anyway and drowned out whoever drowned.

 And Jisoo, if she doesn't share the same feelings, Jennie won't be satisfied with staying by her side only as a friend, Therefore, separation is the only solution.

She doesn't want that.. She doesn't want that..she doesn't wish to part with her nor to stay with her as a settlement.

She hates —oh God how hates it—to push Jisoo into the corner and force her to make a decision.

 Jennie raises her hand, quickly wipes the tears  escaping from her eyes, and puts her hand back on the cover of the book.

 What hurts her the most is that no matter what she thinks about other possibilities and other solutions, it's a dead end.

Jennie knows what Jisoo is afraid of and her worries too.

They are in a country where there is no mercy on a straight couple, let alone a homoual one.

Jennie swallows thickly and breaths in a little as she stares at the book, opens it, flips its pages, until the book suddenly breaks out between two sheets. A bookmark has been placed between them.  She starts to scan the first page on the left and her attention is drawn to a paragraph located in the center of the page. 

She reads it in a subdued tone,

«Some lovers are like friends, while some friends are like lovers. Whenever I thought of Shoko, I was scared she would stop liking me.»

 She finishes after she was reading it with great interest, slowly lifts her head while  thinking about it. She stares into the void, contemplating, how it was as if it had been put completely to describe their relationship.. how as if it had been written for them only.

And she wonders, whether Jisoo thought the same or not.

🎶⏸
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


 Jisoo walks slowly while she is still wandering near the coast on the stone pier with her hands in her pockets, she stops and looks at the sea through narrow eyelids as the winds get stronger and colder as evening approaches.

 The more she takes in thinking and calculating every possibility and looking at it from every angle, the more complex it becomes.

But moreover, she is upset at herself for ignoring it for so long.  So long, it led them to this state.

Jennie doesn't remember, and probably, at this moment, she thinks that what happened last night was their first kiss.

It wasn't.

 

  **

 "You told me I was yours.. Why can't you be mine too?"


Jisoo remains silent, taken aback by what Jennie has just said, watching her tired eyelids twinkling weakly on their way to close, and Jennie's dark eyes looking directly at her as she can feel her breath hitting her face lightly.

 A bit by bit, Jennie's gaze drops down from Jisoo's eyes and her eyelids close until she closes them completely.

 'She must have gone to sleep..'

For a second, this is what she thought until she felt soft and tender lips touch her own, and to be more precise, touching her upper lip only.

 It was a weak and slow kiss, and Jisoo was frozen in place, staring blankly, her mind going astray.

 Jennie.. kissed her?

 Jennie kissed her!

The kiss had ended just as Jisoo went back to reality to look at Jennie and find her asleep l, she must have fallen asleep kissing her.

The kiss is over, but its impact not. Her heart continues to jump for miles in one beat. The kiss is over, but she is still frozen in place.

What was that?  Why did Jennie do something like that? Why would she—

No, she won't think more of it, she can't.

 It must have been because of the liquor.  Yes, there is no other explanation than that, Jennie wasn't even aware of it.

She was drunk, she can't blame her for this misstep..

 Yeah.. that was just a slip.


  **


Oh how wrong she'd been.

Her fear and stress began from that moment on. She was afraid to think about that even. Scared of thinking that her kiss might have another meaning.. so she ignored it and buried it in the depths of her memory as if nothing had happened.


 What added to her reassurance, and what made her fear disappear, was Jennie's behavior in the following days. She was behaving normally and didn't act in a way that would suggest otherwise or hint at what happened—

 

  **

 "Maybe she's trying to impress someone?" Lisa questions. 

 - "Okay, but why does she wear it even inside the house?"


  **


Jisoo closes her eyes in disappointment and grits her teeth, realizations hitting her like a truck.


 Damn it.


Now that she thinks about it;  Jennie may have been acting normal but every act was weighed down by how she felt for her.

 Everything makes sense now.

  How?  And since when?

 Just how hard it was for Jennie to hold back that she had to show it that way last night?

 She definitely hid her feelings for the same reason that made Jisoo ignore that kiss.

 Fear.

 She knows very well what Jennie's fear is, and it is completely different from hers.

 First of all, Jennie is her friend, and their friendship would be ruined, because love ruins friendships, deprives them of its safety and peace.

 And because she has tried love once and saw its consequences and pain, saw how problematic and messy it can be, she doesn't want to experience it again.

 Especially with Jennie, she doesn't want to ruin the comfort and safety that she feels with Jennie with love.

 She is afraid of the change that will happen to them and what she will lose by that.

 Jisoo also went through a lot of back-stabbings, criticisms, dehumanization, -shaming and inferior looks from those around her, and adding something else to fuel that is not something she welcomes.

 Especially since the matter this time affects Jennie as well.

 Not only that, such a relationship in such country means staying low and hiding forever, living in the dark and in secret, and that is something she doesn't wish for them or for anyone.  It's suffocating.

 She can't live like that.

 She can't bear the troubles that this will bring on both of them.  Not after everything she'd been through.

 It doesn't really matter how she feel at this point, the issue is bigger than that.  She can't let what she feels influence her decision.

She has to make the right decision, even if it will hurt them for now.


  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

  .

Sitting in the front yard at the threshold of the main door, Jennie puts her hands in her pockets and tries to bring as much warmth as possible by tightening her coat around her. She looks around at the fallen snow that is covering the roof of house, the yard and the garden and is still falling.

It really was a beautiful sight, plus the hanging warm-orangish lamps light falling on the place in the middle of the night make it perfect.

She wanted to delve into the atmosphere and take in its beauty, had it not been that it was near midnight and Jisoo had not returned, and now she became very worried about her, especially since she had been sitting like this for more than two hours, waiting for her after she's gotten tired of sitting at home and doing nothing. 

Actually, she's starting to get angry, too.  She means like.. ok, Jisoo can scold her.. she can tell her how bad her behavior was and how she messed up so much, but this?  This is too much!

Where have she gone all day?  And how could she stay this late outside on her own? without even taking her car!

 She began getting tired of waiting uselessly as well, were it not for that little hope within her that tells her that Jisoo will definitely come home, she would have gone inside a long time ago.

 And it just kept her waiting for a few more minutes.


 And more..


 And more..


 Until she gave up.


 Jisoo isn't coming.


 She gathers her energy as she tries to get up, feeling her limbs freezing, she stands up with difficulty. Looking ahead, she remains standing for a moment, then turns around slowly and begins to walk with heavy steps towards the door.

She stops in her tracks suddenly when a strong feeling overwhelms her, telling her to stop and urging her to turn back around.

 She remains still for a while, then turns slowly and sees her there. There she is.. standing at the gate of the front yard looking at her with apologetic eyes and straight expressions.

 Jennie keeps staring at her, feeling the most clear emotions sweeping her over and disturbing her system, she decides to show one of the two strongest feelings she feels right now, her anger.

 She looks at Jisoo one last look of anger and turns around quickly. Opening and shutting the door firmly behind her, she locks it and leans with her back on it, breathing heavily.


 "Jennie!" 

Seconds later Jennie hears Jisoo's voice in a tired tone from behind the door as she knocks lightly. "Jennie, open the door and let's talk."

 - "Oh, so now you remembered to talk?!"  Jennie counters in a louder and angry tone as she feels her pain accompanying her anger as well.

 "Jennie.. I know.. I'm sorry.. I had to put my thoughts in order!"

Jennie remains silent for a moment before she sarcastically follows, "Good! Keep doing that elsewhere!"

 - "Are you really going to let me stand outside in this cold?!"  Jisoo asks in a sad tone, trying to convince Jennie.

Jennie rolls her eyes on that as she is aware of Jisoo's attempt.

"Really? You were out all day and nothing happened to you! And to remind you, nothing left to the end of the day anyways!"

. . . . . . . . .

Jisoo sighs helplessly, giving Jennie the right to be angry, still, she really has to talk to her.

"Jennie.." Jisoo begins with a steady and calm tone as she puts her hand on the door and brings her face close to it. "It's really cold here.. and what I'm wearing isn't helpful either."

 She pauses a second, and then asks genuinely, "Do you really want me to stay out here?"

Silence reigns between them afterwards, Jisoo stares at the door for a while before she hears the unlocking sound from the other side. She stretches her hand towards the door handle and turns it, opening the door cautiously while popping her head to looks inside, but finds no one.


 She sighs, steps inside and closes the door behind her, stands for a while, looking around and then starts to walk and heads to the nearest living room, close to the main door on her right and finds Jennie sitting on the sofa that's placed against the wall beneath the large window, hugging the pillow and folding her legs to her chest, pouting and staring ahead angrily.


Sighing again as she looks the other way and at the table, Jisoo advances towards it, pulls the chair at an angle and sits. Exhaling in a heavy breath and throwing her arm on the table while leaving the other arm in her lap and remains like that in an uncomfortable silence, both of them staring blankly.

"Have you.." Jisoo quietly begins, trying to break the silence. "Have you had dinner—"

Jisoo pauses when she feels Jennie behind her, passing by her and striding out into the kitchen.

 She stares at the direction she left in, and then sighs as she throws her head back in frustration.


  .  .  .  .  .  .

 

Jennie rushes into the kitchen and stops, placing both her hands firmly on the edge of the counter as she tries to regulate her breath.

She can no longer bear this pain.

She knows they have to talk, that they should have that talk.

And she knows very well that Jisoo has made up her mind.  Even worse, she knows what Jisoo wants to talk about and what she has decided.

They should talk, yes, but before that, Jisoo have to listen to her first.

She gathers her resolve, turns around and starts walking out of the kitchen and toward the area where Jisoo is sitting, and when she arrives, she finds it empty.

 She advances further to the center of the hall while looking around with puzzlement until she spots Jisoo through the window, standing outside at the front yard. Jennie knows what it means to stand there while gazing up at the sky.


Jisoo is preparing herself.


 She takes a deep breath and heads towards the main door, opens it and closes it behind her and stands for a little while looking at Jisoo who was standing on the snow at a far distance from her with her back facing her.

 Jennie takes few steps towards her, walks down from the threshold, and stops there on the snow as well, her breathing getting faster and faster as she looks at Jisoo.


 "We have to talk—"

 - "I love you."

Jennie cuts in quickly, in a clear and firm tone, before the words she had tried so hard to collect scatter.  

"I fell in love with you."

Her hands clinging to the hem of her shirt tightly as an attempt to spill out what was building inside her, that was burdening her heart, without breaking down and crying. 

"No.. I am in love with you. In love with you so much it hurts."

Jisoo was quiet, her back still facing Jennie, and this doesn't make Jennie stop, on the contrary, this makes her want to thank Jisoo because by doing so, she can really speak. Because she's scared, scared of the expression that fills Jisoo's features now. 

"And yes, i know. I know how scary it is, so scary. I know and I'm sorry..

For forcing you to choose and to put such pressure on you. 

Because I know and am still doing this.. as I'm no longer able to pretend otherwise. That I don't love you like a madwoman, and that I don't get crazy Jealous over you.. that I don't care if someone else tries to approach you.."

Despite her determination and insistence to remain calm, tears started streaming from her eyes, and she didn't notice Jisoo's head dropping or her back slightly bending after she was standing straight with her head held high.

"If they try to win your heart.. or if they try to take you from me.."

She pauses a second, and then,

"Or if you loved another person."

Falls silent again for a moment and continues in a low tone, "Because I let myself fall in love with you so much that it got me out of control."

At that Jisoo slowly turned and Jennie felt her heart shattering more than it already was at the sight. Jisoo was also crying and not bothering to hide it either, she wore a very sad expression as if she was trying to apologize.

 It was such a painful sight for Jennie that she threw all her decisions and resolve against the wall and rushed unconsciously to Jisoo, holding her face with both hands protectively and wiping her tears.

 "Sorry..I'm so sorry.. Please don't cry.."

Jennie pleads breathlessly as she continues to wipe Jisoo's tears that never stop falling.

"It's not your fault.. Don't cry.. Please.. the problem is me.. It was too much for me to keep it inside, just that.. just me.. I'm sorry.."

Both of them were crying, with each one's forehead pressing on the other. Jisoo was looking down and Jennie was looking at her and every cell in her body became flowing with the heavy feelings she carried for Jisoo. It all exploded.


"I love you Jisoo.. i love you..i love you so much..i love you so so much..i love you.."

Jennie blurts it all out as she gently runs her thumbs over Jisoo's cheeks until it becomes a whisper, again and again and again as if it was not enough no matter how many times she said and repeated it, as if these words are too small to describe what she really feels.

"You make it impossible for me not to."

 She pauses, takes a short breath to gather herself for what she's about to say and follows while nodding, 

"And that won't change anything..okay?  Don't worry.."

Jisoo pulls her head away from her and looks at her as if she's alarmed of what Jennie will say next.

"Even if one day you happen to love someone else, I will stay with you. I won't go anywhere."

As soon as she says that, Jisoo's expression becomes more saddened before she shakes her head quickly and repeatedly in disapproval.

"No.. believe me..it's fine." Jennie assures, her tears fall heavily afterwards. "Staying away from you is much more difficult."

Jisoo closes her eyes and shakes her head again, trying to regulate her breath.


 "I can't.." Jisoo finally speaks in a trembling tone, when her sobbing subside a little.

 - "No, Jisoo, trust me, it's okay."  Jennie continues to reassure her while Jisoo just shake her head disapprovingly.

 "No!"

 Jisoo protests tearfully. Jennie stares at her for a bit and pushes on, "Jisoo, you don't have to—"

 "I can't!" Jisoo stops her in a louder and clearer tone as she pull her head back to look at Jennie well and continues in a shaky and soft tone, "I can't do this to you.. not now..

Not later.. 

Nor ever.."

She was letting short gasps between each word while Jennie stared silently at her.

Jisoo remains silent for a while as she stares at Jennie powerlessly,

"I can't because I'm in love with you too."

She confesses and her words are accompanied by a faint sigh of relief.

 As if she could finally breathe.

Like a weight of mountains have been lifted off of her chest.

  "Huh?"  It comes out of Jennie automatically as she looks at Jisoo dumbfounded, pulls her hands away slowly and steps back a little.


Did she really heard what she thinks she just heard?  Is crying began to affect her hearing functions?

  "I came here with my decision already made.."

Jisoo elaborates emotionally as her eyes wander around aimlessly, apparently Jennie's tendency to cry has transferred to her.

"What will I say.. what will we talk about.. everything was ready and in place, and then I saw you and felt everything crumbling.." She pauses, feeling every word burning and cooling her at the same time.

She really did made up her mind, she did. 

There were millions of reasons to stand by her decision, but one reason had the power over them all. 

Her love for Jennie.

There's nothing worth breaking Jennie's heart over, but Jennie is worth breaking all the rules for her.

Seeing Jennie in that state, hearing Jennie confession for her, made her realize that. 

Jennie is worth it. She always have been and always will be.

, "I gathered my resolve once again and decided to cut to the chase directly, and then.. and then you—"

  - "Say it again."  Jennie interrupts her ramble, still looking in disbelief.

  "What?"  Jisoo asks in a faint tone, taken aback.

  - "What you said earlier, last phrase." She says as she slowly approaches Jisoo. "Say it again."

 Jisoo is silent as she stares at Jennie with a closed mouth, realizing what Jennie wants.

"I.." she starts lowering her gaze. "I'm in love.. with you too. "

  "Again.." Jennie asks as she steps closer, until she's looking straight at Jisoo with a hopeful eye, surprising her a little.

Jisoo is quiet, searching Jennie's face in wonder, her tears have dried completely in such a short period of time and she has stopped crying.


  - "I just said it." Jisoo says as she turns her gaze elsewhere, her cheeks burning, suddenly feeling shy.

How did they get to this point exactly?

  "Please.. once more, please." Jennie insists, in a pleading tone.

Looking shyly at Jenny's eyes for a second, Jisoo gives in, "I.. I love you too."

She says almost like a whisper, turning her eyes away quickly, while Jennie pupils widens more and more as she felt her heart about to burst and her spirit about to ascend to heaven.

  "One more time."  Jennie asks again, feeling an urgent need to hear that phrase over and over from Jisoo.

  - "Jennie, this is not our topic—"

  "No, no .." She interjects, shaking her head, and stepping closer. "That's all that matters.. nothing else does..nothing. I need to hear it."
She says, her eyes are full and burning with emotions, and Jisoo can feel it.


  "I'm in love with you, too, Jenni—.."

Jisoo says it in a steady tone, seeming more confident and more assertive, and before she knows, Jennie cuts her off with a sudden, breathtaking kiss.


  "Can I kiss you?"  Asks Jennie in a whisper.

  - "You already did." Jisoo says on the same tone.

Jennie remains still for a while, and then begins to slowly and carefully bring closer until her lips reach their desired destination and embrace Jisoo's lips with a soft and deep kiss. A tear running down her cheek during it. The kiss was so overwhelming and passionate that it took the strength out of Jennie's legs causing them to buckle and break the kiss just to be held tightly by Jisoo before she could fall. Her arms wrapping around Jennie securely.

 "I caught you."  Looking down at Jennie, Jisoo remarks playfully.

Jennie smiles to herself faintly as she gazes at Jisoo lovingly, and brings her lips up closer to catch Jisoo's lips again.


She definitely did.

 ————————
To be continued 
————————


I aspire to have love like the one these two have. :)


*Two chapters left + one-shot