[32] - Confusion

Keep You Close 2 || JENSOO

Chapter 32 

 

 


Hello beautiful world, and good morning.


Hello, lovely bird, whom she doesn't know what he's doing at the window.

 And good morning to him too.


 It is, indeed, a beautiful morning and a happy day.


 Jennie, who had just woken up, unusually full of energy, smiles to herself with a content closed smile. Takes a deep breath, and sits upright, stretching her arms, the smile doesn't leave her face as she looks ahead.


 It's really really a beautiful morning.

 Wanna know why?

 Hmmm.. she will think about whether she'd tell you or not..


 Ok ok.. only because y'all insisted.


 Jennie relaxes her limbs, staring at the wall and remembering what happened, she tries to prevent her smile from growing any bigger so that she doesn't appear insane, but it's no use and so she helplessly covers her face with both hands. She throws herself back on the bed on her stomach, hides her face in the pillow and kicks the bed with her delicate feet repeatedly in great excitement.


 Unexpectedly, she pauses, turns her head to the side, looks at Jisoo's side of the bed and gently slides her hand on it, gazing dreamily with smiley eyes.


Curiosity gotta be killing you to know why Jennie is so happy, right?


 Well..

Let's just say that Jennie, last night, had her first kiss.

 Or rather.. her first 'kisses'.

 


 **


 It happened so quickly and in an instant that Jennie herself didn't quite registered it and remained still for a while, resting her hands on Jisoo's thighs, her mind locked on what between her lips.


 Jisoo.. kissed her back.


 Jennie lifts her hand slowly to touch the side of Jisoo's face gently as she adjusts the angle of her head to have more control over her body and hand movements. She moves slightly away from Jisoo's without separating their touched foreheads and looks through her partially closed eyelids at Jisoo's lips before taking them again with another slow kiss.


 Another soft but short kiss followed by another before the first one could end and Jisoo was welcoming them all.


 What made Jennie dizzy and made her heart pound so hard, as if it would come out of her chest at any moment and to feel herself on the verge of fainting because of that, was not just the kisses, but the fact that Jisoo was kissing her too.


 The fact that Jisoo didn't push her away.. the fact that Jisoo was pulling her close too, with her hand that was still around her neck, wanting the same thing.. wanting her.


 This was driving Jennie to the edge, sending her to another world.. another dimension.. in a very high place.. fueled by love.


 What began as a slow and simple kiss ended up as deep, wet kisses, and the piece of cake became in the past tense, it probably fell somewhere near. 

Jennie found herself leaning on her knees, her hands either clinging to Jisoo's shoulders or wrapping around her neck, while Jisoo's hands were around her waist as if they were supporting Jennie's body, which was leaning strongly towards her and pushing her to lean back a little before leaning back forward, and so on.


 Jennie was kissing her hungrily.

 carelessly..

 Warmly..

delicately..

 And so, so passionately..

 To the extent that Jisoo was unable to keep up, although it was clear that it was Jennie's first time to kiss at the start, her kissing improved with each passing second. Not like it was bad the first time anyway.


 it was amazing..


 But a little bit messy, without being sloppy.


 And because Jisoo has started to feel herself useless since Jennie has taken control over her completely, she had to raise one of her hands and hold Jennie's head from her jaw to slow down her impulsiveness. She separated their lips very slightly, only so that she would start kissing her again with long, deep and passionate kisses, gaining her a faint moan from Jennie as she held her head in place. She made her lips move perfectly on Jennie's and blend with them, tasting every inch of .

It was like whatever emotions, desires and longing they were holding back, just exploded.

 They kept making out for many moments, as if they were trying to prolong these moments for the longest possible time for fear of returning to reality and having to face what happened or explain it and search for its reasons, they only stopped when they needed to catch their breath.

Last time they took a rest, they stared at each other extensively for a while, continuing to take rapid and sharp breaths, and each one of them involuntarily deviating her gaze to the other one's lips before guiding it to her eyes, and as they did, Jisoo gently ran her index, of the hand that gently held Jennie's face, on her lips as she focused her gaze there and at that Jennie closed her eyes briefly.


 They began to bring their faces closer gradually until their lips become almost brushing against each other, however, before they could connect again, Jisoo's phone rang, putting an end to whatever was going on.


 Jisoo quickly pulls her head away, blinks several times in shock and turns to the side toward the direction of the sound of the phone ringing as she keeps her hand on Jennie's shoulder as if she is communicating with her and telling her to stay still.  She reaches for her pocket and takes out the phone.


/ "Y-yes, Lisa?"  Jisoo says as she nervously puts the phone on her ear, aware of Jennie's sharp gaze on her as she stares quietly.


-"Where are you?  Where did you go?"


 "Aah.." A little confused at what to answer, she her lips unintentionally before following, "N-Nowhere..We are at the beach.."

She pauses and cast a sideway look at Jennie to find her staring at her with features that concealed a smile before she continues, turning her gaze elsewhere. "Taking a walk.."

"Oh ok, anyway, I called to tell you dinner has arrived and we are now preparing the table.. so come quickly!.."

As Jisoo was listening to Lisa, Jennie surprised her by leaning forward a bit and giving the tip of her chin a gentle and soft kiss, pushing her to freeze.

"Jisoo?  Are you still there?"


 "Aah..yes! Yes..we're heading back."  Jisoo says in a slightly tensed tone, swallows thickly, and hangs up.


 "we should go."


 Jisoo declares as she puts her phone back in her jacket and Jennie nods affirmatively and moves away from her. Jisoo puts her hand on the sand to support her body and gets up and so does Jennie.

When she stands, she steps back as she wipes her pants from the sand, stealing looks from time to time at Jisoo who was also cleaning her clothes, her gaze fixed on the ground.


 Jisoo turns towards the direction where the house is, and when she wanted to start walking, she stumbles on nothing and is slightly out of balance, but she doesn't trip and stands there for a while in the midst of an overwhelming silence.

She spots the piece of cake, ruined and covered by the sand,However, she ignores it and continues walking, with Jennie following her at some distance away from her without saying anything.


 Jisoo felt bad that the piece of cake ended up like that, but if she tried to lift it or talk about it, it will lead them back to what happened between them, so she just keeps on walking quietly.

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .

 

 Jisoo steps into the house as she continues to take regular breaths, feeling her temperature rising, and heads to the dining hall, Jennie following behind still. When she arrives at the hall, Lisa walks by in front of her carrying empty bags.


 "Oh, you are back!" Lisa exclaims stopping in front of them, pushing them to stop and startling Jisoo a little. "Take your seats." Lisa adds, nodding her head at the table and continuing on her way.

Relaxing, Jisoo releases a breath she didn't know she was holding. Why did she feel like she was caught red-handed? 


She turned a few times as she gathered herself and continued walking towards the table. She saw Chaeyoung taking her seat already and now she is eating, Jennie sits on one side and Jisoo sits on the opposite side near Chaeyoung, both of them looking at their plates very intently.


 Lisa returns, takes a seat at the head of the table, pulls her plate close to her, and starts eating.


 "Hmm..too delicious."  Lisa hums in delight after taking the first bite while looking at them and gets no reaction, except from Chaeyoung, which she agrees on with contented grunts. On the other hand, Jennie and Jisoo were as if they were in another space.  They ate silently and slowly, or rather they were just moving their spoons absentmindedly, with their eyes never taken off their plates.


 "Did you get into a fight again?"  Lisa wonders in a contemptuous tone, as she looks at them quizzically, drawing their attention to look at her at the same time.


 -"what? No!" Jisoo dismisses incredulously, trying to act normal. "We- we just feel a little.. tired."


 "Yes! Right!"  Jennie backs her up, nodding in agreement.


 Lisa squints her eys at them a little suspiciously and then shrugs nonchalantly before she turns her attention back to her meal to continue eating, as does Jisoo and Jennie.


 Jennie keeps playing with the contents of her plate with the spoon and her mind completely elsewhere. She glances at Lisa and finds her busy eating before she looks back at her plate. She glances up to look at Jisoo and sees her spacing out at her plate, fiddling with it as well. Staring, Jennie's gaze falls at Jisoo's lips and finds them slightly swollen and reddish.


 She stared at them a little too long and then looked back on her plate, her lips and swallowing thickly in temptation.

 The fact that she was the one who caused it makes her want to do it and feel them again, moreover, it really turns her on.

 And.. she doesn't feel the appetite to eat now either.

 "I just remembered something!"

Jisoo declares as she sprints up before Jennie could say anything, attracting the girls' attention.

"I'll go to the office and work a little."


 "Me too!" Jennie gets up suddenly as well, "I feel sleepy.. I will go to sleep."

 She says and looks at Jisoo, who was looking at her a little bit in question before looking away while Chaeyoung and Lisa stared at them silently and in confusion.


 "Okayy.. ?"  Lisa says, looking at them with great puzzlement.


 Jisoo nods to her and turns away from the table and goes to the direction of the office, followed by Jennie as she goes to the opposite direction, toward their room.

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .  .


🎶▶️ Doja Cat - Kiss Me More Ft. SZA


 Jennie steps inside her room panting heavily after walking at an accelerating pace to reach the room as soon as possible and shuts the door behind her quickly.  She leans backwards with her back on the door, staring ahead blankly. Feeling giddy, she covers her face with both hands, her smile growing wider and wider gradually.

 

 Jisoo kissed her back..


Moving away from the door, she contemplates, and slowly saunters to the middle of the room, without taking her hands away from her face.


 Jisoo kissed her back!


 She giggles to herself silently and begins to make small taps on the floor with her tiptoes lightly and slowly, gradually increasing their speed until she becomes randomly jumping in the room, flailing her arms in an encouragement movements while smiling broadly.


 "Yes Yes Yes!!.."


 She repeats in a faint and enthusiastic tone as she continues to jump before she stops unexpectedly and tosses herself on the bed on her back. She stares at the ceiling, catching her breath, and stays like this for a while before she sits up quickly and raise her hand towards her face. She begins to carefully trace her lips with her fingers, closing her eyes and reliving their kisses, specifically the feeling of Jesso's lips on her own.


 How can lips that small be that sweet?


She smiles to herself and lays back down, still closing her eyes.


 She is very happy and the earth cannot contain her. She doesn't know how she will sleep tonight, and all she wants to do is replay what happened in her mind over and over, memorizing every moment, and this is what she will definitely do. Perhaps Jisoo will come later tonight and honestly, she doesn't know how she will act or what she will say.


Turning to the side, she pulls her body up until she is lying on the pillow and closes her eyes.

 Now she will make sure to replay what happened over and over until something happens that causes her to stop.

 

 **

 

 And that was sleep.

 

 In fact, she slept faster than she expected.  Her overwhelming happiness must have turned into great drowsiness and overwhelmed her and thus she ended up in a deep slumber.


 Not like Jennie is a heavy sleeper or anything..


 But it doesn't matter, because Jisoo was in her dreams too.  Welcome Jennie , to the obsessed with-Jisoo world.


Anyways, she has to get ready before Jisoo sees her.


 She sits up, crawls to the foot of the bed, gets up on her feet, wearing an excited expression, and strolls out of the room.


 Jisoo kissed her back!

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .

 

 She goes into the bathroom, closes the door, heads to the basin and stares at her reflection in the mirror. She cannot prevent her smile from forming again, and here she is, feeling shy and flustered all over, hence, why she covers her face with her hands as she remembers what happened for the millionth time.


 Jisoo kissed her back!!


 What would she do if she saw Jisoo?  Would she act as if nothing has happened?


 Hell no!  A lot has happened to pretend otherwise.


Would she act flirty?  And give her occasional mischievous smiles and winks?


 Yeah sure, if she wants to make Jisoo run away with her life!


 She groans in frustration, what would she do then?  this is so hard!


 What if she kept it simple?  Like any other morning..


 "Hey.. how are you?"


 Jennie says to her reflection as she rehearses with her facial expressions and movements before they go blank when she feels dissatisfied and tries again,

 "Hi Jisoo.. Did you have a good night's sleep? Because I did."  She finishes and laughs awkwardly.

 "Oh Jisoo! I didn't expect to see you here."  She says while making up an amazed expression, and stares at her reflection, seconds and she switches to expressions of frustration, sighing helplessly.


It doesn't work. They all seem out of place, she can't think straight now anyway.


 Why?


 Because.. she is so happy that her mind has stopped functioning and all she thinks about is..

 

 Jisoo kissed her back!!

 

She feels herself wanting to scream and tell the whole world about it - except for Lisa, of course - and if she could, she would do a little dance as well.


Never mind, she is doing it now.

 

 Jisoo kissed he—


 "Ok stop. and calm down. you have to be collected and mature about it." She reminds herself once she stopped dancing, nodding her head. "Let's take a bath now and then— "


 Jisoo kissed her back!!

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .

 

 Jennie walks into her room after she has finally finished showering and  goes quickly to the wardrobe. She begins taking out the clothes and the possible options as she tries each one on in front the mirror and throws it onto the bed when she doesn't like it with a sigh and so on.


 She has to look breathtaking! 


 After several minutes of bewilderment and wondering what the best piece of clothing to wear, she finally sticks to the one she thinks will do the job perfectly;  A desert loose blouse with a wide v-shaped opening that slightly reveals her cleavage and a skinny black jeans.  She had her hair lifted in a ponytail, with some locks left falling on her neck and to the sides of her face.


 Gotten done with the last touches and some makeup on, she takes a final look at her reflection in the mirror and feel completely satisfied with what she have accomplished.


 Now it is time to go out and meet the light;  to see Jisoo.

🎵⏸

 .  .  .  .  .  .

 

 Jennie comes down to the ground floor looking around with a questioning expression, noticing that the atmosphere is strangely quiet.  She remains standing in the middle of the main hall a little, and then walks up to the dining hall and looks around it too, no one here either.


 She heads to the kitchen..

 To the office..

 to the garden..

 To the front yard..


 She goes upstairs again and heads to the secondary lounge, checks the rest of the rooms.


 Jisoo isn't here, Lisa and Chaeyoung are still sleeping.  Jisoo must have gone somewhere, she will definitely come back.

She will.

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 

 Jennie stands at the sink in the kitchen, washing the lunch dishes, smiling weakly. Her smile gradually disappears as she stares at the plate until her features goes straight.


 She is still happy, but she is not as enthusiastic as she was in the morning, or rather she tries to maintain her optimism and her joyfulness and not think of anything that contradicts that, but it has become difficult to continue with the same excitement with that other feeling that continues to taunt her, hinting at something else.


 It's noon and Jisoo is still nowhere to be found.  Not only that, her car is still outside and her phone is switched off.

Which makes her think of other reasons behind this disappearance, like, Jisoo is avoiding her.

 She closes the water tap, takes the small towel, dries her hands and puts it aside, takes off the kitchen apron and hangs it, and then leaves the kitchen as she walks restlessly and frustratedly until she reaches the first steps of the big staircase leading to the upper floor. She  plops herself and sits on its second step tiredly and returns to stare into the distance distantly.


 Over time, her sense of failure became stronger and stronger, the longer Jisoo stays away, the more it confirms her doubts, and the more the reality becomes clear and sharp.

 She totally messed up, which is why Jisoo is not here.  Because she can't look at Jennie, because she made her lose that comfort of being with her, because she ruined their friendship, because Jisoo felt weirded out.


 Because she caused exactly what she was afraid of.


 Why didn't Jisoo push her away then?


 Simply because she didn't want to hurt her feelings by rejecting her directly, not surprising coming from Jisoo.


 Now she can't even reach her and talk to her, she literally let her run away.


 "Jennie?" Lisa stops her train of thoughts as she comes down from upstairs, drawing her attention to turn her head and look at her. "Why are you sitting here alone?" Lisa continues, looking worried, she goes to sit next to Jennie.


Jennie looks at her frowningly and only holds her finger in her other hand and starts fiddling with it as she turns her head away.


"Jennie..?" Lisa pushes on when Jennie remains silent,  sadness all over her face.
"Did something happen between you and Jisoo?"

 As soon as she asks her that, Jennie looks at her quickly, her expression growing more troubled.

 "I did something.." Jennie says evasively after she has remained silent for a while as she looks back ahead.

 - "What did you do this time?"

 "I think I screwed everything up." she admits chokingly, on the verge of tears.

 - "Hey hey.." Lisa quickly coaxes, rubbing Jennie's back. "I'm sure you haven't done anything that bad."

 "But she is not back yet!" Jennie disagrees as she turns to her with watery eyes. "Her phone is off and she didn't even take her car. "

 - "So? You said it yourself. Her car is still here." Says Lisa, pulling her hand and interlocking it with her other one. "This means that she will come back sooner or later."


Jennie is silent as she looks at Lisa with uncertainty, to then she questions anxiously,  "What if she doesn't?"


Lisa doesn't answer and just looks sideways skeptically at her.

"First, tell me why do you think she won't? What did you do?"

 Jennie's face falls and she turns it elsewhere as she either looks around or toward the ceiling, feeling embarrassed.

 "Uh..umm..something.." Jennie replies hesitantly trying to think about how get the topic across indirectly.


 - "Did you tell her anything hurtful?"


 "No!" Jennie quickly dismisses it. "Of course not!''


 - "Then? What could be so bad that it makes you so hopeless?"


 "Aah.. I can't really say—"


 - "You kissed her?" Lisa asks out of the blue, in a casual tone that scattered Jennie's features, rendering her speechless, jaw dropped and her eyes wide open.


 "Uh um wh- what?!" Jennie stammers defensively in amazement. "what are you talking about?"


 - "So you really did kiss her."


 Lisa adds nonchalantly, nodding her head and looking ahead, while Jennie just remains in shock, opening and closing it. 

Abort mission! She fell into the enemy's hand.

 "W-Wait.. how ..." Jennie mumbled calmly as she stares blankly, nevertheless, Lisa catches it.


 - "Oh, I see you sometimes staring at for a long time, you did that again yesterday, so I thought that you might want to do that.." Lisa says with a steady tone as she stares ahead. "I mean, I know you think you are good at hiding things but you really are bad." She elaborates,  "And your skills only work on Jisoo because she's very slow when it comes to these topics in the first place. "


She concludes and silence reigns between them as Jennie looks everywhere but Lisa, doesn't know what to say. Glancing at Lisa with anticipation every now and then.


"Why.. why do you seem so acceptant of it?" Jennie asks in confusion as she looks at Lisa from the side and plays with the blouse hem she's wearing.

 Lisa stares at her a little, and then looks ahead, wearing amused expression, she responds, "Hmmm.. was it unexpected? Yes, but it wasn't surprising.. and moreover, if I were in your place, I wouldn't have worried."

She says her last phrase as she turns to Jennie, drawing her attention to looks at her quizzically, to then Lisa elaborates as she returns to look ahead, "Jisoo is not going anywhere. Whatever she feels about you, she won't go away."

Jennie's expressions soften at that,  listening intently to her.

"I mean, c'mon! you guys are Jennie and Jisoo.. inseparable."


She finishes and smiles broadly as she turns towards Jennie, pushing her to smile too. She wraps her arm around Jennie as she gently rock them both left and right.


 .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .


Nayeon jogs on the stone pier overlooking the sea at a steady pace, wearing her gym clothes, and listening to songs on her headphones.

She had started running half an hour ago from the closest area to the coast and continued until she reached it, feeling proud that she ran that long, that means that her weight loss plan is going well.

Nayeon silently chuckles to herself in triumph as she runs and thinks about it, and as she's thus, she spots from afar a familiar face, sitting on one of the terraces on the side of the sidewalk.  

Her running speed slows down a little to see their features clearly, gets closer and her eyes widen in surprise when she sees who they are.


 The hell is Kim Jisoo doing here?


————————-
To be continued 
————————-