6- heavy heart

Why Not Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Never in his life he felt this much heavy hearted. He drove toward home but changed his direction to go somewhere else. He felt suffocated to stay between closed walls when his heart felt this heavy. He needed to clear his mind.

Hyukjae went to the river side, his favorite place ever. Whenever he traveled to different places, he would still miss this place and
feel the yearn to go back there as soon as he lands. He wouldn’t care of the beautiful places that those countries have, which could
be more beautiful than this specific place but to him, this is the most beautiful and mesmerizing place. 

He sat on the grass and just inhaled deep. He looked at the sky, he hardly can see the stars now with all the skyscrapers and lights
of the city but it's still beautiful.
And then Donghae crossed his mind, his beautiful smile, his everything is as beautiful as this scene in front of him, but it makes
his heart ache, the mememory of Donghae crying, Donghae being sad and vulnerable, it hurt him so bad.

How he ended up like this? Being totally in love with Donghae. He knew the first, no, the second time he saw Donghae that his heart fell so deep and he wouldn’t be able to recover this even if he tried.
 
That’s why he decided to try his luck, but then, Donghae was having a hard time. Donghae kept showing in front of him with this
vulnerability making him act protective. His instinct to help and make Donghae smile kicked in the time he saw him at the night club and the other times they met. 
He wanted to tell Donghae how he felt and since when but he couldn't make him feel pressured before solving the problem he's already facing, which is Siwon. 

Hyukjae frowned at himself for remembering Siwon. The guy is his friend "ahh " he just wishes he doesn’t know him and he can just kick his . 

"why this is so difficult" he sighs and lay down on the grass. He took that minute to stop thinking and just relax. 
he smiled remembering their dance, him and Donghae and at the same time his phone rang. He almost cursed at the person who ruined his private time when then he saw the name of the caller and smiled, he picked up instantly "Donghae…" he said happily. He couldn’t believe that he just thought of him and he called. 


"hmm" 

Hyukjae's smile washed away with Donghae voice "Anything wrong? "he asked worried now. Donghae sound felt down… again. and this reminded him of the day they were together with Siwon and how Donghae was nervous. That's when he figured everything out. 

"no, nothing's wrong" Donghae said this time sharply "I was, I was just bored… I couldn’t sleep" he explained. 

Hyukjae let out a breath he didn’t realize held in and chuckled "you freaked me out". 

"What are you doing, are you already home" 

"hmm, well, not really…I'm not home" Hyukjae replied "I'm at the river side, was feeling bored too" 

"really, you should’ve invited me" Donghae chuckled nervously from the other side. 

It made Hyukjae feel calm "Then, come" he just said and when Donghae said ok, he couldn’t hold in his smile again. 

"send me the location" 

and Hyukjae sent the location as soon as he closed the line and waited eagerly for Donghae to join him, Donghae is really coming,
he's the happiest person ever, his heart seems like bursting with happiness. 

After twenty minutes Donghae reached. Hyukjae was standing on the road waiting for him and saw the taxi stopping by, Donghae coming out later. He waved his hand for his friend to notice him, it looked stupid, he was already the only one standing there, sure Donghae would notice him. He kept on waving until Donghae reached his side "finally, I thought you'll not come" he teased and just dragged Donghae to his spot by pulling him by the arm. 

He didn’t miss when Donghae flinch by his touch but he rather ignores it and be the friends they like to pretend. 
When they reached near the river side, both sat down facing the view. Donghae taking a deep breath just like how Hyukjae did when he first arrived. Hyukjae watched as Donghae features became calm and relax as he took in the nice view.
 
"It's beautiful" 

"yeah, it's beautiful" Hyukjae replied while still looking at Donghae.

Donghae turned to look toward Hyukjae and Hyukjae trembled on his place and avoided Donghae's look "why you came here" Donghae asked.

"I just wanted some air" 

"You looked tired earlier" Donghae said again. The next question was lingering on his tongue. Hyukjae can feel it but Donghae didn’t ask it.

He knew he acted strange earlier when he dropped Donghae home but he doesn’t think it's the right time to talk about it. Not yet… 
"Yes I am but I don’t think I'll sleep if I'll go home, there are things making my mind busy" he at least admitted to some. Hyukjae
didn’t want to talk about it but he can still be honest "so, I came here to clear my mind" he looked at the river view and the
sparkling light and smiled "it never fail to relax me" 

"I know what you mean" Donghae said while looking at the same view "It's beautiful, glad I came here, it's been so long since I came here" Hyukjae looked at Donghae questioningly "It's just nearby, why wouldn’t you".

Donghae shrugged "I dunno, just chose the wrong way to relax I think" he chuckled at himself "I think this is the best" he pointed at the sky "It's been really long time since I counted the stars, not much are showing now" he said while looking up.

"yeah, its not much now" Hyukjae also looked up "whenever I'm away, I crave coming back to this place, it's like a drug addictoin".

"Why, is there a special memory in here" Donghae asked curiously.

Hyukjae smiled but the smile didn’t reach his eyes this time "well, Mom used to bring me here" Hyukjae smiled sadly "We would spend time camp, sometimes with my dad and sometimes just us"he continued talking about the memory with a smile "i don't know if it's allowed to camp now, is it" he turned to ask Donghae who was focusing on Hyukjae very intently. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter